08/26/21 10:46 AM
Calgary, Alberta Canada
a12rag Offline
master
a12rag  Offline
master

Calgary, Alberta Canada
Originally Posted by AndyF
I helped Tim W. build a '68 Valiant into a very mean road racer. It would go 160 mph on the front straight at Portland International. Would also hit 160 mph on the local freeway if you were brave enough. Suspension was still a stock design although every part got modified to some extent. It takes a lot of work to build one of these cars. Definitely cheaper and easier to just buy a used Z51 but if you need a project to keep you busy it is a good one.

"Though I travel through the valley of Rice, I fear NO EVIL, for TORQUE is with me !" . . . . was awesome to see that car and the little "comment line' that was on bottom of back window ! Go MOPAR !!

Re: DRIVING A COURSE W/ OLD IRON [Re: a12rag] #2957616
08/26/21 01:36 PM
08/26/21 01:36 PM
Northern California
lilcuda Offline
super stock
lilcuda  Offline
super stock

Northern California
Originally Posted by a12rag
I helped Tim W. build a '68 Valiant into a very mean road racer. It would go 160 mph on the front straight at Portland International. Would also hit 160 mph on the local freeway if you were brave enough. Suspension was still a stock design although every part got modified to some extent. It takes a lot of work to build one of these cars. Definitely cheaper and easier to just buy a used Z51 but if you need a project to keep you busy it is a good one.

"Though I travel through the valley of Rice, I fear NO EVIL, for TORQUE is with me !" . . . . was awesome to see that car and the little "comment line' that was on bottom of back window ! Go MOPAR !!

While that comment was funny, I removed it when I owned the car for fear of someone messing with the car because they didn't like it. We have those types of people here.

I'm curious what happened to it. I sold it to NV69B7RR and he sold it to MrBelvedere2, who then sold it to someone else. That's where the trail goes cold. I hope someone is flogging it on a track somewhere.

'67 is an abbreviation of 1967
67' is an abbreviation of 67 feet
They are not interchangeable.
Re: DRIVING A COURSE W/ OLD IRON [Re: a12rag] #2957843
08/27/21 12:44 AM
08/27/21 12:44 AM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon

There used to be a video floating around the internet of some guy racing around the track at PIR when Tim's Valiant blows by him. I wish I could remember the name of the video. I've searched for it a few times but never found it. I think it was probably from a BMW or Porsche club day at the track since Tim used to go up for those types of events. He would blow most of the Porsches away but some of the GT cars were very nasty customers. Especially if they had someone who could drive behind the wheel. There was one guy with a GT3 who would dominate the track the few times I saw him. The Valiant didn't stand a chance against something like that but it would destroy the typical Viper or 911, especially one with an average driver.

Re: DRIVING A COURSE W/ OLD IRON [Re: AndyF] #2958691
08/29/21 02:11 PM
08/29/21 02:11 PM
Northern California
lilcuda Offline
super stock
lilcuda  Offline
super stock

Northern California

There used to be a video floating around the internet of some guy racing around the track at PIR when Tim's Valiant blows by him. I wish I could remember the name of the video. I've searched for it a few times but never found it. I think it was probably from a BMW or Porsche club day at the track since Tim used to go up for those types of events. He would blow most of the Porsches away but some of the GT cars were very nasty customers. Especially if they had someone who could drive behind the wheel. There was one guy with a GT3 who would dominate the track the few times I saw him. The Valiant didn't stand a chance against something like that but it would destroy the typical Viper or 911, especially one with an average driver.

I heard about that on MOPAX. Someone had the old Youtube link. The person who posted it deleted their YT account. I searched the Internet Archive wayback machine, but I couldn't find the video.

'67 is an abbreviation of 1967
67' is an abbreviation of 67 feet
They are not interchangeable.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4