08/25/21 04:43 PM
08/25/21 04:43 PM
North Central USA (MN-WI area)
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

Does anybody here know much about Macho power wagons? Like production numbers, breakdowns of colors, breakdowns of engines, breakdowns of transmissions, or any other details like that? Also, is there a price guide with various conditions? Or opinions of values?
Thanks!

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957343
08/25/21 04:58 PM
08/25/21 04:58 PM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Chrysler production numbers and option break downs for 70s trucks were lost to history a couple decades ago. Warehouse fire maybe. As for fair market value, those numbers are all over the place for about the last decade or so. Tin grilles of any sort more so than Machos specifically. Unless it still has the equipment id label under the hood with the macho option code, I wouldn’t pay a premium for the roll bar, stripes, one piece of trim and a set of wagon wheels.

Not a very active place but maybe a better answer here: machopowerwagon.com

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: ] #2957379
08/25/21 06:39 PM
08/25/21 06:39 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Online content
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Online Content
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
RWG would be the person I'd listen to on this up

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: ] #2957393
08/25/21 07:23 PM
08/25/21 07:23 PM
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

Originally Posted by RWG75
Chrysler production numbers and option break downs for 70s trucks were lost to history a couple decades ago. Warehouse fire maybe. As for fair market value, those numbers are all over the place for about the last decade or so. Tin grilles of any sort more so than Machos specifically. Unless it still has the equipment id label under the hood with the macho option code, I wouldn’t pay a premium for the roll bar, stripes, one piece of trim and a set of wagon wheels.

Not a very active place but maybe a better answer here: machopowerwagon.com

Yes, I did the "Google" and got some info already but wanted to ask here too! Reason for questions are I have found a very cool Macho and want to do some more research before I make an offer or buy. THANKS AGAIN!

Thanks,
Eric
715-426-HEMI (Shop)

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957543
08/26/21 09:27 AM
08/26/21 09:27 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Can't ball park any kind of number without some description of what you're looking at and where. It's a Dodge, so most of the value is about the rust. Front fender heels and bed wheel arches are common spots but pretty straight forward fixes. When the floors and the rockers go, they take the end of the cab mounts with them, some fab required. Rad supports are a common problem and if 79/80, real hard to find replacements. Frame rail next to the gas tank is another spot to check. Factory original roll bars are very few and far between. Most common engine in any tin grille was the 318, so I'd pay up for something bigger. 440 is obviously the holy grail. Wasted interior plastic isn't a show stopper but can be a bargaining chip.

For one that's in rough condition, I price it based on the value of everything that's worth keeping. If I was starting with an empty parking spot, what would I spend to get this far buying it by the part. For something in solid condition, I price it based on how much it's not gonna cost at the body shop. Doing a clone isn't gonna cost any more than fixing an original so again, I'd only pay up for the option code on the equipment label if still present. It's a 1/2 ton 4x4 with a graphics package that a couple places repop.

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: ] #2957572
08/26/21 11:18 AM
08/26/21 11:18 AM
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

Can't ball park any kind of number without some description of what you're looking at and where. It's a Dodge, so most of the value is about the rust. Front fender heels and bed wheel arches are common spots but pretty straight forward fixes. When the floors and the rockers go, they take the end of the cab mounts with them, some fab required. Rad supports are a common problem and if 79/80, real hard to find replacements. Frame rail next to the gas tank is another spot to check. Factory original roll bars are very few and far between. Most common engine in any tin grille was the 318, so I'd pay up for something bigger. 440 is obviously the holy grail. Wasted interior plastic isn't a show stopper but can be a bargaining chip.

For one that's in rough condition, I price it based on the value of everything that's worth keeping. If I was starting with an empty parking spot, what would I spend to get this far buying it by the part. For something in solid condition, I price it based on how much it's not gonna cost at the body shop. Doing a clone isn't gonna cost any more than fixing an original so again, I'd only pay up for the option code on the equipment label if still present. It's a 1/2 ton 4x4 with a graphics package that a couple places repop.

It is a 100% rust free all original truck with a lot of patina. It’s a 360, four-speed truck with low miles. Short box and all the macho stuff in place. I would not restore this truck, but I would make improvements.

Thanks,
Eric
715-426-HEMI (Shop)

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957627
08/26/21 02:23 PM
08/26/21 02:23 PM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted by MuscleMopars

It is a 100% rust free all original truck with a lot of patina. It’s a 360, four-speed truck with low miles. Short box and all the macho stuff in place. I would not restore this truck, but I would make improvements.

No such thing as a rust free original outside of Cali or Az. It's got rust, bondo or swapped panels somewhere. Mileage on the clock means nothing without docs to back it up. Way too easy to swap / reset and replace the pedal pads. Assuming daily driver or better condition, $5k max. In general, short beds are going for more than long beds. A/C and the buddy seat buckets are about the only value adds.

This thing was kinda running when I bought it and almost worth the $400 I paid. 360/727/203/3.55s, mismatched everything, leaking every where, wiring harness held together with wire nuts and romex. Maybe $5k later its good to go, starts first time every time and hasn't met a snow drift it can't move. Real deal macho bar but I wasn't gonna waste decals on a rattle can paint job. Still needs the floors fixed right.

ad_left.jpgplow_2011_6.jpgplow_2011_12.jpgSAM_0691.JPG
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: ] #2957656
08/26/21 03:16 PM
08/26/21 03:16 PM
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

No such thing as a rust free original outside of Cali or Az. It's got rust, bondo or swapped panels somewhere. Mileage on the clock means nothing without docs to back it up. Way too easy to swap / reset and replace the pedal pads. Assuming daily driver or better condition, $5k max. In general, short beds are going for more than long beds. A/C and the buddy seat buckets are about the only value adds.

I know rust and what to look for... I've also got a '75 Power Wagon that is rust free, always was and no bondo or panels patched or replaced. The Macho truck I'm looking at was from a rust free climate. AND, it is rust free, all original panels, no bondo, no panels swapped, all original paint and decals, really well preserved... One owner and docs for mileage...

Thanks,
Eric
715-426-HEMI (Shop)

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957730
08/26/21 06:59 PM
08/26/21 06:59 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Online content
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Online Content
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Cool truck RWG. Those floors look pretty good as done.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957749
08/26/21 07:48 PM
08/26/21 07:48 PM
rust belt
M
Moparite Online content
super stock
Moparite  Online Content
super stock
M

rust belt
Where are the pics? You may have read that Chrysler had most if not all of the "adult toys" vehicles subbed out (the name escapes me and i can't find the article). They left the factory in the base color and any paint/decals/add ons where done the subbed company. This may not be the place for this but this is my Power Wagon. I have never seen one like it ever except a shot time after i bought it. I was driving and another one pulled up beside me! The owner waved me over and we talked. His was almost identical to mine except he had the bucket seats where mine had the bench. The vin #'s where close also. These where built by somebody because the design is paint not a sticker. I have searched all the factory brochure's/sales documentation Google/net search and never seen another one ever.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: ] #2957777
08/26/21 09:05 PM
08/26/21 09:05 PM
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Online penguin-006
I Live Here
moparmarks  Online Penguin-006
I Live Here

Western Colorado High Desert

No such thing as a rust free original outside of Cali or Az.

B.S. grin I've had several CO, UT and NM trucks that were just as clean as anything from AZ which I've also have owned. Out of the over 40 Western 72-80 trucks that I've owned none had any rust in the roofs. Totally an East side thing. Floors and above the rear wheel wells and lower corners of the doors are the rust issues out here. twocents
This 77 Macho came out of NM about 6 years ago. Paid 2500 for it. 360/727. It did need two quarter size rust spots in the door corners and a couple in the roll bar fixed That was it. Put a bunch of money and hours into it and then it eventually sold for 28,000 which is probably the top of the spectrum.

20151116_101421.jpg20151116_101305.jpg20160822_153508.jpg20160822_153647.jpg

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957881
08/27/21 07:54 AM
08/27/21 07:54 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

I know rust and what to look for... I've also got a '75 Power Wagon that is rust free, always was and no bondo or panels patched or replaced. The Macho truck I'm looking at was from a rust free climate. AND, it is rust free, all original panels, no bondo, no panels swapped, all original paint and decals, really well preserved... One owner and docs for mileage...

if you're such a freaking expert, price it yer self.

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: moparmarks] #2957884
08/27/21 08:08 AM
08/27/21 08:08 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted by moparmarks

B.S. grin I've had several CO, UT and NM trucks that were just as clean as anything from AZ which I've also have owned. Out of the over 40 Western 72-80 trucks that I've owned none had any rust in the roofs. Totally an East side thing. Floors and above the rear wheel wells and lower corners of the doors are the rust issues out here. twocents
This 77 Macho came out of NM about 6 years ago. Paid 2500 for it. 360/727. It did need two quarter size rust spots in the door corners and a couple in the roll bar fixed That was it. Put a bunch of money and hours into it and then it eventually sold for 28,000 which is probably the top of the spectrum.

Tough crowd and truth be told, spotless trucks pop up from time to time but pretty few and far between. I bought my 79 RC from the original owner in 2006 and rust wise it was as clean as it comes. Also had a bent frame and hack job rad support from the accident that caused the old dude to give up his license. Didn't take much winter driving for the floors to go. 318, 3 on the tree, like 70,000 documented miles, $1300.

$28k is off the deep end nuts. Like G3 swapped and kindigit leather interior nuts.

profile1.jpg
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: ] #2957886
08/27/21 08:17 AM
08/27/21 08:17 AM
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

if you're such a freaking expert, price it yer self.

I am an expert on paint, body and condition and I don't need to be told I don't know what I'm looking at by someone that bought a $400 rusted out mismatched pile. I know exactly what I'm looking at and the question that I originally asked was if anyone knew production numbers and values.

Thanks,
Eric
715-426-HEMI (Shop)

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: moparmarks] #2957905
08/27/21 09:27 AM
08/27/21 09:27 AM
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

Originally Posted by moparmarks

That's a nice Macho moparmarks! How long ago did you sell that?

Thanks,
Eric
715-426-HEMI (Shop)

Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957933
08/27/21 10:30 AM
08/27/21 10:30 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Tough crowd here today, tough crowd.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #2957990
08/27/21 12:46 PM
08/27/21 12:46 PM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

I am an expert on paint, body and condition and I don't need to be told I don't know what I'm looking at by someone that bought a $400 rusted out mismatched pile. I know exactly what I'm looking at and the question that I originally asked was if anyone knew production numbers and values.

What's wrong with a rusted out, barely running, no brakes, $400 pile?? I bought it to plow my driveway and knew exactly what it was when I bought it. Hell, the seats alone are worth $400. Fixing the defroster and wipers kinda got away from me but no complaints. Truth be told, I almost like it better than my LRE which still has the original floor, rockers and cab corners.

vr_2.JPG
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: ] #2958008
08/27/21 01:55 PM
08/27/21 01:55 PM
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

What's wrong with a rusted out, barely running, no brakes, $400 pile?? I bought it to plow my driveway and knew exactly what it was when I bought it. Hell, the seats alone are worth $400. Fixing the defroster and wipers kinda got away from me but no complaints. Truth be told, I almost like it better than my LRE which still has the original floor, rockers and cab corners.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a truck like that. But when you come on here and tell me I don’t know what I’m looking at and there’s no such thing as a rust free truck and you use that as an example, might be a little irritating. I’ve owned my share of trucks like that and have seen it all. But again, my interest is in production numbers and value but apparently those things are hard to gauge right now.

Thanks,
Eric
715-426-HEMI (Shop)

Re: Macho Power Wagon Questionl [Re: MuscleMopars] #2958039
08/27/21 04:20 PM
08/27/21 04:20 PM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Probably didn’t help that I then posted a couple examples of rust free trucks I’ve bought. Like I said, they’re few and far between. Kinda like rust free Aspens. I generally find it better to assume somebody doesn’t know what they’re talking about vs assuming the opposite.

Part of the problem with pricing it’s that extremely regional. Last week I saw a 77 RC pop up on craigs in Cali for $1k. On this coast it would be $4 or 5k truck. The bigger problem is that the Barrett Jackson crowd and maggot flippers are starting to catch on to these things and everybody on Facebook suddenly thinks their truck is worth 3x reality. A maggot flipper near me has a truck that was maybe a solid $5k 10 years for an ask of $15-20k. Haven’t looked lately but there used to be a regular flow of downright scary lipstick jobs coming out on NV for insane money on eBay. Some idiot has a 10k RC on FB for $25k right now.

A real deal, no BS, survivor LRE maxes out about $25k. Complete basket cases routinely pull $4k. Anything big block 4wd short bed is gonna a quick sale. Club cab duallys can be found for cheap. I don’t put Warlocks in the same category as a Macho because ya really can’t clone one without having one as a donor. If you’re looking at a tin grille anything in $10k plus range, it needs to be mint, built or too cool.

Post up a couple pics of what yer looking at.

Re: Macho Power Wagon Questionl [Re: ] #2958042
08/27/21 04:46 PM
08/27/21 04:46 PM
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

Probably didn’t help that I then posted a couple examples of rust free trucks I’ve bought. Like I said, they’re few and far between. Kinda like rust free Aspens. I generally find it better to assume somebody doesn’t know what they’re talking about vs assuming the opposite.

Part of the problem with pricing it’s that extremely regional. Last week I saw a 77 RC pop up on craigs in Cali for $1k. On this coast it would be $4 or 5k truck. The bigger problem is that the Barrett Jackson crowd and maggot flippers are starting to catch on to these things and everybody on Facebook suddenly thinks their truck is worth 3x reality. A maggot flipper near me has a truck that was maybe a solid $5k 10 years for an ask of $15-20k. Haven’t looked lately but there used to be a regular flow of downright scary lipstick jobs coming out on NV for insane money on eBay. Some idiot has a 10k RC on FB for $25k right now.

A real deal, no BS, survivor LRE maxes out about $25k. Complete basket cases routinely pull $4k. Anything big block 4wd short bed is gonna a quick sale. Club cab duallys can be found for cheap. I don’t put Warlocks in the same category as a Macho because ya really can’t clone one without having one as a donor. If you’re looking at a tin grille anything in $10k plus range, it needs to be mint, built or too cool.

Post up a couple pics of what yer looking at.

I will post picts if I buy it... Right now I have a pretty mint "always rust free" SWB 1975 Power Wagon, 360, auto, A/C, Adventurer, Yellow and White and a 1976 Power Wagon Warlock 440, auto, A/C, Black and a few Jeep CJ's... I really would like to add this Macho to the fleet!

Last edited by MuscleMopars; 08/27/21 04:47 PM.

Thanks,
Eric
715-426-HEMI (Shop)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3