Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
Not being an a$$ but is it just me who doesn't care about Dave Rea? I mean, he is some guy that got a job at a mopar shop that just happened to have a TV show. Now he is supposed to be some major drawl to an event? Nope, I don't give two $hits. He could be a nice guy, but the notoriety is uncalled for.

It's a long held throw back/tradition from the early show car era when event holders thought they needed additional attractions like show girls, big name racers, movie stars, TV/radio personalities, etc to offset a weak showing of vehicles, plus every dime they bring in is all that matters at times too often, personally I can agree with your sentiment, when I go to a car show, the vehicles are the stars, that's all I'm interested in, most of the time I don't even want to talk to the owners, as I find most have very little knowledge of how their car was built/finished as it was usually done by a shop or other individuals, sure they're loaded for bear to tell me how their car is one of one because it's cigar lighter delete or some other numbers nonsense... but like any big event there's always something for everyone, some are drawn to just see Duke boys, models, movie stars, TV personalities, racers, etc.... nice thing is if you don't like it, just move on to the desired subject at hand.... plus some guys have no choice but to drag along the wife/kids who have no interest in anything automotive, so non automotive distractions/attractions can be a blessing sometimes to cut down on the nagging/whining.....

I agree, I usually don’t care about the celebrities etc. but I understand the attraction for some. With that being said, I was at a show in SoCal and Gene Winfield was there doing some talks and panel beating, I enjoyed that celebrity guest and the knowledge/passion he still has for the hobby.