07/24/21 03:05 PM
07/24/21 03:05 PM
London, England
Gavin Offline
top fuel
Gavin  Offline
top fuel

London, England
Outstanding!! 2 parts into the 4 so far. Really well done, Lohnes does a great job, as does your Dad, and the quality of the production is top notch, could hold its own with any regular TV program. And of course the subject matter is excellent!!! Thanks for the time and energy you put into this, I'll post a link in our car club over here in UK....

Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: Gavin] #2946707
07/24/21 05:49 PM
07/24/21 05:49 PM
M
McCandlessboy Offline OP
super stock
McCandlessboy  Offline OP
super stock
M

Thank you, it was important to me that the quality be good. I never imagined this response that's for sure!

Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: McCandlessboy] #2946813
07/24/21 10:53 PM
07/24/21 10:53 PM
Midwest
M
MoparsnMissiles Offline
MoparsnMissiles  Offline
M

Midwest
Originally Posted by McCandlessboy
Thank you, it was important to me that the quality be good. I never imagined this response that's for sure!

Ran into your Dad today at the Mopars at the Red Barns show in Hickory Corners, Michigan. First I've seen him in the last several years, I've talked with him many times at the march Indy show over the years and always enjoyed him. He's such an easy going down to earth guy to talk to and makes us lesser mortals feel somewhat like equals (even though we know we're not anywhere in the same ballpark as him). I think it was about 1979 when I first spoke with your Dad, it was over the phone when he was a distributor for Direct Connection/Mopar Performance parts back then, I believe in North Carolina. I was doing some engine work on my Super Bee and he tried to guide me in the right direction with some parts and advice to rebuild the engine. I ordered quite a bit of stuff from him back then, still have it all, some is still in that engine and some parts are still on the shelf as I never used them all.

Anyway, today when I saw him at the show I just had to stop and say Hello and chat with him a bit. I know he's a busy guy and everybody wants to talk to him and his time is limited, so I tried not to over do it. I mentioned that I had seen the documentary you've done on his life and how much I have enjoyed it. What I really wanted to tell him though is how much he means to all of us ordinary Mopar guys (like me) and how much he's respected, but that didn't really come out in our conversation, as its kind of hard for us guys to get all sentimental and mushy like when we talk to each other.

So anyway, just let him know that he's a pretty special guy to a lot of us and we really appreciate all he's done for Mopar and especially the way he's done it over the years, with dignity and class. Thanks Herb!

Tom (from Indiana)

Last edited by MoparsnMissiles; 07/24/21 10:56 PM.
Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: McCandlessboy] #2946821
07/24/21 11:22 PM
07/24/21 11:22 PM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila

Has a memory that's amazing. Recalls details without a pause in talking. That has to be a True Sign of a True Race Guy.
PS. Loved the Music also.

Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: MoparsnMissiles] #2947222
07/26/21 08:00 AM
07/26/21 08:00 AM
M
McCandlessboy Offline OP
super stock
McCandlessboy  Offline OP
super stock
M

Originally Posted by MoparsnMissiles

Ran into your Dad today at the Mopars at the Red Barns show in Hickory Corners, Michigan. First I've seen him in the last several years, I've talked with him many times at the march Indy show over the years and always enjoyed him. He's such an easy going down to earth guy to talk to and makes us lesser mortals feel somewhat like equals (even though we know we're not anywhere in the same ballpark as him). I think it was about 1979 when I first spoke with your Dad, it was over the phone when he was a distributor for Direct Connection/Mopar Performance parts back then, I believe in North Carolina. I was doing some engine work on my Super Bee and he tried to guide me in the right direction with some parts and advice to rebuild the engine. I ordered quite a bit of stuff from him back then, still have it all, some is still in that engine and some parts are still on the shelf as I never used them all.

Anyway, today when I saw him at the show I just had to stop and say Hello and chat with him a bit. I know he's a busy guy and everybody wants to talk to him and his time is limited, so I tried not to over do it. I mentioned that I had seen the documentary you've done on his life and how much I have enjoyed it. What I really wanted to tell him though is how much he means to all of us ordinary Mopar guys (like me) and how much he's respected, but that didn't really come out in our conversation, as its kind of hard for us guys to get all sentimental and mushy like when we talk to each other.

So anyway, just let him know that he's a pretty special guy to a lot of us and we really appreciate all he's done for Mopar and especially the way he's done it over the years, with dignity and class. Thanks Herb!

Tom (from Indiana)

Thanks! That was a good show. We were in town for the concourse show in Plymouth and this ran on top of it. Made the 2h drive over and spent the day there. What an incredible venue. Thanks for grabbing him and saying Hi. Dad has never met a stranger.

Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: McCandlessboy] #2947289
07/26/21 11:59 AM
07/26/21 11:59 AM
Hamburg - Germany
S
SuperRob Offline
SuperRob  Offline
S

Hamburg - Germany
Very nice to watch, thanks for the efforts.

Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: SuperRob] #2953120
08/12/21 12:32 PM
08/12/21 12:32 PM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
Just watched all 4 episodes, Excellet job done about a man that by all accounts lived a well lived life. Congrats to all involved.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd
Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: W.I.N. Racing] #2953384
08/13/21 10:12 AM
08/13/21 10:12 AM
Tulsa, Oklahoma
340Cuda Offline
master
340Cuda  Offline
master

Tulsa, Oklahoma
I too have watched them all and enjoyed each of them.

I felt my time was very well spent.

I am glad the family was able to get the documentary done.

Re: Herb "Mr 4 Speed' McCandless Documentary is live [Re: 340Cuda] #2953388
08/13/21 10:22 AM
08/13/21 10:22 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Watched the flick @ Carlisle and sat in the seminar. Dad never gets boring,that's for sure.Glad you guys have your own tent now!

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2