sportfury70 Offline
super stock
sportfury70  Offline
super stock
S

Cleveland Ohio
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by Faust
Easements have a way of coming back to haunt you. Prior owners had given a power company a "lease" (very unusual, and not well described in the paperwork) about 100 years ago to run transmission poles across the property. Those poles were removed in the 1950's. The "lease" made the property unsaleable (no one wanted a hassle with the power company). Fortunately, the power company agreed to comply with the law in exchange for $5,000 for "documentation costs". The law was unquestionably on my side. Could have been much worse, so I was glad to pay it.

Will the water line benefit you in any way?

Only way I see it benefiting me directly is if my well ever dries up and I am forced to start buying water from him. Also indirectly it is a little more complicated than just saying "NO", I have several close friends who will be tapping into it, don't want to cost my friends a bunch of money or stop their water project all together.

Don't forget the added benefit of fire protection. (Hydrants)

Re: Water line easement??? [Re: sportfury70] #2930716
06/06/21 11:39 PM
06/06/21 11:39 PM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
Originally Posted by sportfury70
Easements have a way of coming back to haunt you. Prior owners had given a power company a "lease" (very unusual, and not well described in the paperwork) about 100 years ago to run transmission poles across the property. Those poles were removed in the 1950's. The "lease" made the property unsaleable (no one wanted a hassle with the power company). Fortunately, the power company agreed to comply with the law in exchange for $5,000 for "documentation costs". The law was unquestionably on my side. Could have been much worse, so I was glad to pay it.

Only way I see it benefiting me directly is if my well ever dries up and I am forced to start buying water from him. Also indirectly it is a little more complicated than just saying "NO", I have several close friends who will be tapping into it, don't want to cost my friends a bunch of money or stop their water project all together.

Still not worth the hassle imho.

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Water line easement??? [Re: sportfury70] #2930790
06/07/21 09:29 AM
06/07/21 09:29 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by sportfury70

All of the private water companies that I've seen don't run a large enough main to support a fire hydrant. This case may be different but I doubt it.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Water line easement??? [Re: 6PakBee] #2930868
06/07/21 12:58 PM
06/07/21 12:58 PM
delhi,il
T
trw1982 Offline
enthusiast
trw1982  Offline
enthusiast
T

delhi,il
big interstate project in my back yard. 200 ft from my property line. we got fire hydrants all over the place. green, blue, red top ones. my nephew says, green is the big dog with red being not much more than a water hose. well it is more than water hose but not nearly what green one is.

Re: Water line easement??? [Re: 6PakBee] #2930869
06/07/21 01:03 PM
06/07/21 01:03 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline OP
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline OP
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
I have a 2000 gallon cistern and a big irrigation pump for fire, hopefully it would be enough and I am contemplating adding a 5000 gallon tank a neighbor is offering for free or possibly digging a pond that would fill itself because of the shallow water table on my land.

I guess I will wait till they hand me an official proposal then find a liar to look it over.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Page 2 of 2 1 2