ek3 Offline
top fuel
ek3  Offline
top fuel
E

MYRTLE BEACH SOUTH CAROLINA
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Originally Posted by topside
It would be interesting to see what the factory PS alignment setting recommendation was.
But I would think it should have more neg caster on the right, and equal camber.
FWIW, and it's a different steering setup, my Duster drag car (Jack Arnew-modified) runs about 7 deg caster and goes straight as a string.
But you wouldn't want to stick your hand between the steering wheel spokes when the steering unwinds...

This should be factory specs. Caster-Zero, Camber +1/2 deg. Toe-In Inch 1/32-3/32
<------------- ??? 1/2 deg. Positive camber ??

Last edited by ek3; 05/30/21 06:59 PM.
Re: too much caster ??? [Re: ek3] #2928608
05/30/21 07:06 PM
05/30/21 07:06 PM
UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Originally Posted by ek3
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Originally Posted by topside
It would be interesting to see what the factory PS alignment setting recommendation was.
But I would think it should have more neg caster on the right, and equal camber.
FWIW, and it's a different steering setup, my Duster drag car (Jack Arnew-modified) runs about 7 deg caster and goes straight as a string.
But you wouldn't want to stick your hand between the steering wheel spokes when the steering unwinds...

This should be factory specs. Caster-Zero, Camber +1/2 deg. Toe-In Inch 1/32-3/32
<------------- ??? 1/2 deg. Positive camber ??

Yes

Re: too much caster ??? [Re: NITROUSN] #2928756
05/31/21 04:55 AM
05/31/21 04:55 AM
ohio
R
ruderunner Offline
master
ruderunner  Offline
master
R

ohio
Most older rwd cars did indeed call for positive camber.

Angry white pureblood male
Re: too much caster ??? UPDATE-FIXED ! [Re: moparx] #2935627
06/22/21 01:11 PM
06/22/21 01:11 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
FINALLY, i have the answer.
believe it or not, the box itself was the problem.
a new box from summit, a 500 series CCP box [same as the old one] was installed over the weekend.
the car goes down the road and steers as it should have with the old box.
the pump, lines, and remote reservoir were cleaned and flushed, but prior to that, a magnet was inserted into them to see if there were any metallic particles floating around.
previously, before getting the box from summit, i was on hold for over THREE hours, trying to talk to a tech at CCP in california.
when i finally got to talk, [after listening for all that time about their "lifetime" guarantee] the tech suggested it could possibly be the box itself. BUT, in order to honor the warrantee , i would have to ship the box back, have them either repair or replace it, then have it shipped back. he had no timeline on how long it would take, although he kind of alluded it probably would be 6-10 weeks.
after figuring it would be roughly $200.00 in shipping costs, plus the time being down, we decided to get the same box from summit for $379.00
took three days to get, an hour to install [we had everything cleaned, flushed and ready], and down the road we went.
everything is good now, and all is well ! boogie
now to tear apart the old box to see if anything jumps out as to why this old box is so tight !
thanks all who offered suggestions and encouragement ! bow
beer

Re: too much caster ??? UPDATE-FIXED ! [Re: moparx] #2935932
06/23/21 09:47 AM
06/23/21 09:47 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Online content
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Online Content
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Originally Posted by moparx
FINALLY, i have the answer.
believe it or not, the box itself was the problem.
a new box from summit, a 500 series CCP box [same as the old one] was installed over the weekend.
the car goes down the road and steers as it should have with the old box.
the pump, lines, and remote reservoir were cleaned and flushed, but prior to that, a magnet was inserted into them to see if there were any metallic particles floating around.
previously, before getting the box from summit, i was on hold for over THREE hours, trying to talk to a tech at CCP in california.
when i finally got to talk, [after listening for all that time about their "lifetime" guarantee] the tech suggested it could possibly be the box itself. BUT, in order to honor the warrantee , i would have to ship the box back, have them either repair or replace it, then have it shipped back. he had no timeline on how long it would take, although he kind of alluded it probably would be 6-10 weeks.
after figuring it would be roughly $200.00 in shipping costs, plus the time being down, we decided to get the same box from summit for $379.00
took three days to get, an hour to install [we had everything cleaned, flushed and ready], and down the road we went.
everything is good now, and all is well ! boogie
now to tear apart the old box to see if anything jumps out as to why this old box is so tight !
thanks all who offered suggestions and encouragement ! bow
beer

Wouldn’t Summit take it back? I thought their return policy was pretty good.

Re: too much caster ??? UPDATE-FIXED ! [Re: autoxcuda] #2935967
06/23/21 11:11 AM
06/23/21 11:11 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
the first box was bought from CCP direct, not through summit. that's why the shipping back and forth to CCP.
if anything happens with this box, i'm sure there will be no problem returning it to summit.
beer

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3