04/21/21 08:03 AM
Nashville, TN
Rustymuscle Offline OP
Mopar Connection Magazine
Rustymuscle  Offline OP

Nashville, TN
[Linked Image]

Proform’s Slim-Fit radiators burst onto the muscle car scene at SEMA 2018, showcasing some surprisingly simple yet effective innovation that the cooling system industry hadn’t seen in years. With an overall thickness of less than 4”, the Slim-Fit system includes an aluminum radiator with a pre-assembled electric fan and shroud. The magic lies within the proprietary core design that allows the fan motor to be inset into the radiator itself rather than hanging out the back and causing interference issues with the engine.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:

Mopar Connection Magazine, your source for daily news, real-world tech, features and much more.
Got a comment, question, or a story? Email me at kevin.shaw@shawgroupmedia.com
Re: Proform Picks Up A Rockin’ Review For Slim-fit Radiators [Re: Rustymuscle] #2913267
04/22/21 06:05 AM
04/22/21 06:05 AM
Usa
A
A39Coronet Offline
super stock
A39Coronet  Offline
super stock
A

Usa
There is no "magic" with anything ProForm designs. Everything I've ever experienced from them is bottom dollar junk. Shame we plug that company.

Follow my G3 Hemi Barracuda build on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

2015 Tri-State Stock Super Stock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar No Box Winner
Re: Proform Picks Up A Rockin’ Review For Slim-fit Radiators [Re: A39Coronet] #2913585
04/22/21 07:28 PM
04/22/21 07:28 PM
Connecticut
1972CudaV21 Offline
master
1972CudaV21  Offline
master

Connecticut
Originally Posted by A39Coronet
There is no "magic" with anything ProForm designs. Everything I've ever experienced from them is bottom dollar junk. Shame we plug that company.

They’re a Michigan-based company. But, after reviewing their catalog, I doubt if any of their products are made here.

China is the enemy.
Re: Proform Picks Up A Rockin’ Review For Slim-fit Radiators [Re: 1972CudaV21] #2913638
04/22/21 08:50 PM
04/22/21 08:50 PM
Usa
A
A39Coronet Offline
super stock
A39Coronet  Offline
super stock
A

Usa
Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21

They’re a Michigan-based company. But, after reviewing their catalog, I doubt if any of their products are made here.

You're assumptions from their catalog are correct. I believe they somehow got approval for Mopar licensing too because I've seen branded Mopar distributors, alternators, engine dress up, and water pumps that are dead giveaway ProForm.

Last edited by A39Coronet; 04/22/21 08:50 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

Re: Proform Picks Up A Rockin’ Review For Slim-fit Radiators [Re: A39Coronet] #2913785
04/23/21 09:43 AM
04/23/21 09:43 AM
Nashville, TN
Rustymuscle Offline OP
Rustymuscle  Offline OP

Nashville, TN
Yes, Proform produces the vast majority of Mopar's licensed engine dress up products (air cleaners, valve covers, timing chain covers, etc.) meaning that Proform meets specific criteria that satisfy FCA/Stellantis' requirements. Equally, Proform also produces Mopar's aluminum water pumps.

You'd be VERY hard pressed to find any manufacturers who produce what most would call "affordable" parts here in the US. This is how 440Source can offer a similar catalog as Edelbrock but do so for a fraction of the cost.

Thankfully, Proform's designers and engineers are all found in Michigan. It's mainly the castings and stampings that are overseas. Much of everything else is assembled and finished in the US.

Mopar Connection Magazine, your source for daily news, real-world tech, features and much more.
Got a comment, question, or a story? Email me at kevin.shaw@shawgroupmedia.com
Re: Proform Picks Up A Rockin’ Review For Slim-fit Radiators [Re: Rustymuscle] #2914007
04/23/21 05:10 PM
04/23/21 05:10 PM
Usa
A
A39Coronet Offline
super stock
A39Coronet  Offline
super stock
A

Usa
Originally Posted by Rustymuscle
Yes, Proform produces the vast majority of Mopar's licensed engine dress up products (air cleaners, valve covers, timing chain covers, etc.) meaning that Proform meets specific criteria that satisfy FCA/Stellantis' requirements. Equally, Proform also produces Mopar's aluminum water pumps.

You'd be VERY hard pressed to find any manufacturers who produce what most would call "affordable" parts here in the US. This is how 440Source can offer a similar catalog as Edelbrock but do so for a fraction of the cost.

Thankfully, Proform's designers and engineers are all found in Michigan. It's mainly the castings and stampings that are overseas. Much of everything else is assembled and finished in the US.

Affordable is an ambiguous term. Companies who produce overseas cloud public perception of what something should cost. Should we be glad 440Source and alike companies offer cheaper products than Edelbrock because they hire other countries in an uneven playing field instead of our local neighbors? Maybe these parts SHOULD cost as much as what it takes to make them domestically.

We run after these cheap prices, then the junk quality drive people away from the hobby. Irony is driving American muscle with chinese junk strapped to it.

Re: Proform Picks Up A Rockin’ Review For Slim-fit Radiators [Re: A39Coronet] #2914582
04/25/21 03:26 AM
04/25/21 03:26 AM
Connecticut
1972CudaV21 Offline
master
1972CudaV21  Offline
master

Connecticut
Originally Posted by Rustymuscle

Affordable is an ambiguous term. Companies who produce overseas cloud public perception of what something should cost. Should we be glad 440Source and alike companies offer cheaper products than Edelbrock because they hire other countries in an uneven playing field instead of our local neighbors? Maybe these parts SHOULD cost as much as what it takes to make them domestically.

We run after these cheap prices, then the junk quality drive people away from the hobby. Irony is driving American muscle with chinese junk strapped to it.

Personally, I’d rather spend more money for quality parts. Yes, the irony is very strong.

China is the enemy.

Moderated by  Rustymuscle