J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
Originally Posted by lilcuda

Does Fed Ex have an option to require a signature? If so, do that for every package, or don’t use Fed Ex.

I can't stand when someone sends me a package, and it says must have signature... FedEx will say it will be delivered between 9:00am, and 9:00pm, which means I have to take time off from work to wait. Did that once, and at 8;45, I get a text update saying the package is rescheduled for the next day... I live in the middle of no where. Leave the F'n thing on the front porch. I ALWAYS request the shipper to send UPS. Never had a single problem with them.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2911925
04/19/21 01:01 PM
04/19/21 01:01 PM
Coon Valley, WI
M
megaparts Offline
mopar
megaparts  Offline
mopar
M

Coon Valley, WI
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by lilcuda

Does Fed Ex have an option to require a signature? If so, do that for every package, or don’t use Fed Ex.

Yes they do, & it's an extra charge - so I'd have to increase shipping on everything by probably $4.00 (going off memory), AND - I bet they could fudge that too by claiming they attempted delivery 3x, then it would get returned to me. I don't even want to think about doing this yet!

Big problem is, the customer has already paid me for items plus shipping. If nothing gets delivered, & FedEx will not pay the claim, then either I give the customer more items for free, or the customer pays for another set of mufflers or whatever they bought. This is SO FU'ed!

I doubt signature required means anything right now. I have not signed for anything since Covid and am sure they would use that as an excuse for not getting one even if you paid extra to require it.

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! [Re: megaparts] #2911940
04/19/21 01:34 PM
04/19/21 01:34 PM
Eagle, Idaho
Neil Online content
The Doctor is in.
Neil  Online Content
The Doctor is in.

Eagle, Idaho
I think if the package is insured past a certain amount the signature is mandatory?

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2911944
04/19/21 01:46 PM
04/19/21 01:46 PM
PA
P
PLATINUM6BBL Offline
master
PLATINUM6BBL  Offline
master
P

PA
Have you checked at the local post office? My wife was a rural carrier and quite regularly packages would be left there as the driver didn't know where the address was or was to lazy to take it.

1969-1/2 A12 LOH Road Runner A4 w/ M6S
13.34 at 104 PSMCDR 9/06 in Mopar Action 8/07
12.95 at 105.94 F.A.S.T. 11/06
Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! [Re: PLATINUM6BBL] #2912077
04/19/21 07:27 PM
04/19/21 07:27 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline OP
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline OP
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by PLATINUM6BBL
Have you checked at the local post office? My wife was a rural carrier and quite regularly packages would be left there as the driver didn't know where the address was or was to lazy to take it.

More to the story. My customer emailed me yesterday & said the mufflers arrived yesterday! So why did the tracking show they were delivered Thursday???

I'm wondering if the guy was testing me to see if I'd send him a free couple more mufflers just to make him real happy? Anyway, the previous customer in Florida got his mufflers, but not the stainless tips. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. I have a claim in for them but still have not heard from FedEx on the status for a refund.

And I will say this, IF you ship something worth over $100.00 & you put the value of the goods on the shipper, it will cost you an extra $3.00 per shipment. **IF you have damage or a loss claim on what you shipped & it's over $100.00, FedEx will look at any photo or documentation you send & they will simply deny the claim stating "improper packaging" or "we have proof it was delivered." And then you can take a hike as far as FedEx is concerned. Typically if your claim is under $100.00, they will just pay it. Over $100, forget it - they just tell you to stuff it. If you Google this, you can read all day about how they do this to everybody with a claim.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! [Re: SattyNoCar] #2912100
04/19/21 08:41 PM
04/19/21 08:41 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Originally Posted by Satilite73

Even though I'm probably wasting my time, here goes............

Pallet was made of oak? VERY stout, it came TO us with an almost 500 lb piece of equipment strapped to it. No issues.

That piece had 4 contact points on the pallet, whereas the load going out was essentially a box, load was spread evenly, and it wasn't as tall. Similar strapping was used to attach the outgoing pallet.

The pallet came to us via FedEx without a mark on it. As mentioned, it left via UPS (per the customer).

But I'm sure most here are certain it was a balsawood pallet with rubber bands.

YES ... most here DID think it was you making it with bAlSa !

I jsta had a secret pole that confirmed that !

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2912338
04/20/21 02:24 PM
04/20/21 02:24 PM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...

More to the story. My customer emailed me yesterday & said the mufflers arrived yesterday! So why did the tracking show they were delivered Thursday???

I'm wondering if the guy was testing me to see if I'd send him a free couple more mufflers just to make him real happy? Anyway, the previous customer in Florida got his mufflers, but not the stainless tips. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. I have a claim in for them but still have not heard from FedEx on the status for a refund.

I have had this happen numerous times. My driver would mark it as delivered and his wife would bring at around late the evening or the next day. Once even on a Sunday.

I was told that FEDEX uses contract carriers and to keep the contract they have to deliver X number per day. So they mark them as delivered and return later with the package.

And I will say this, IF you ship something worth over $100.00 & you put the value of the goods on the shipper, it will cost you an extra $3.00 per shipment. **IF you have damage or a loss claim on what you shipped & it's over $100.00, FedEx will look at any photo or documentation you send & they will simply deny the claim stating "improper packaging" or "we have proof it was delivered." And then you can take a hike as far as FedEx is concerned. Typically if your claim is under $100.00, they will just pay it. Over $100, forget it - they just tell you to stuff it. If you Google this, you can read all day about how they do this to everybody with a claim.

UPS isn't much better. I won one argument with UPS. I took a golf club to the UPS store and had them package it and mail it. It arrived bent. They denied the claim saying it was not properly packaged. I told them your store packaged and mailed it. After a silence they agreed to pay for it. That was years ago when email and endless phone menus were not the norm.

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! [Re: IMGTX] #2912603
04/20/21 08:47 PM
04/20/21 08:47 PM
West Plains, MO
DrCharles Offline
master
DrCharles  Offline
master

West Plains, MO
Originally Posted by IMGTX
UPS isn't much better. I won one argument with UPS. I took a golf club to the UPS store and had them package it and mail it. It arrived bent. They denied the claim saying it was not properly packaged. I told them your store packaged and mailed it. After a silence they agreed to pay for it. That was years ago when email and endless phone menus were not the norm.

Just a heads-up: that only works with UPS Stores that are owned by UPS. Many of the stores (perhaps the majority) are franchised. UPS will deny responsibility if they don't own the store. down

Page 2 of 2 1 2