In The Hills
J
jughed Offline OP
pro stock
jughed  Offline OP
pro stock
J

In The Hills
The Dart has been off the road since fall of 2012, but it finally has new paint (EE1). Back in '95 it had some patch panels put on the quarters, as well as glass fenders, and repainted the original Sunfire Yellow. I never bothered to cut holes for the side marker lights (all about less weight back then). The new AMD quarters and fenders have the holes, so now I need side marker lights to replace the long-gone pitted originals.

The front and rear wiring harnesses for the marker lights are different (as shown in pics, and the old spec sheet), but the reproduction sets i see for sale show the ambers and reds with the same male-end connector. Question..are there any sets available with the correct rear lights that work with the original wiring? Or does the rear wiring harness need to be replaced with a female connector?

Question on the front wiring harness...My weak memory says that the yellow end connects to fender mounted blinkers, correct??

Thanks!!

side marker lights (2).jpgIMG_20210312_093157502.jpgIMG_20210314_150146016.jpg

End those annoying Infolink ads with AdBlockPlus

https://adblockplus.org/
Re: '68 Dart going back together. A few questions [Re: jughed] #2899339
03/15/21 12:49 PM
03/15/21 12:49 PM
Iowa
burdar Offline
Owen's Dad
burdar  Offline
Owen's Dad

Iowa
The reproduction side marker lights come with the bulb socket and pigtail on both the red and amber lights. You only need it on the ambers. The red bulb sockets are built-in to the tail light harness. Maybe other models don't have the socket built-in to the tail light harness but the Darts do. You'll just remove the bulb socket from the red side markers when you get them. They just pull right out.

I believe you are correct...the yellow end goes to the fender mount turn signals. I'd have to look back at my pictures to be 100% sure on that.

Re: '68 Dart going back together. A few questions [Re: burdar] #2899355
03/15/21 01:33 PM
03/15/21 01:33 PM
In The Hills
J
jughed Offline OP
pro stock
jughed  Offline OP
pro stock
J

In The Hills
Originally Posted by burdar
The reproduction side marker lights come with the bulb socket and pigtail on both the red and amber lights. You only need it on the ambers. The red bulb sockets are built-in to the tail light harness. Maybe other models don't have the socket built-in to the tail light harness but the Darts do. You'll just remove the bulb socket from the red side markers when you get them. They just pull right out.

I believe you are correct...the yellow end goes to the fender mount turn signals. I'd have to look back at my pictures to be 100% sure on that.

Thanks!! And I wasn't thinking very hard when i asked if the yellow end goes to the fender mounted blinkers...blinkers do require two wires.

End those annoying Infolink ads with AdBlockPlus

https://adblockplus.org/
Re: '68 Dart going back together. A few questions [Re: jughed] #2899526
03/15/21 10:14 PM
03/15/21 10:14 PM
West Plains, MO
DrCharles Offline
master
DrCharles  Offline
master

West Plains, MO
Originally Posted by jughed
Originally Posted by burdar

Thanks!! And I wasn't thinking very hard when i asked if the yellow end goes to the fender mounted blinkers...blinkers do require two wires.

The fender blinkers on my '72 have one wire - they are grounded through the fender grin