Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
The local small town appliance store is 3rd generation. Every 3 months or so he puts an ad in the paper saying new load arrived.
First couple times he had every appliance store in the region trying to buy his inventory. Would not do it, for his community. I asked how he gets the appliances, and he said he travels down to several warehouses he's been dealing with for years and buys whatever he can get form cancelled orders or overstock. The thing is some are bottom line and others are top of the line.
He said the warehouses are huge buildings with only one corner being used. Manufacturers are having problem getting stok because it can be only a couple small parts preventing completing the units and the factories shut down because lack of those parts and storage space.
Parts are sourced offshore even those built here.

Re: Tried to buy an appliance lately ?? [Re: not_a_charger] #2888681
02/15/21 01:00 PM
02/15/21 01:00 PM
central il.
S
second 70 Offline
top fuel
second 70  Offline
top fuel
S

central il.
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
That is one thing I am not looking forward to when I move this year after 32 years of living in the same house. Our appliances were all bought at the Sears Outlets but they are all gone now. I really don't care about a dent or scratch here and there, so it has been easy getting great appliances at these stores! All of our current appliances are at least 15-25 years old and when something broke, I got the part and fixed it. I know just how much sticker shock I will have when we go to move into a new house, and hearing of all the issues and how long new appliances last, it is daunting... eek

The appliance repair guy we've used in the past...local guy, huge customer base, perfect reputation...said that he tells all of his customers to purchase an extended warranty when the buy a new fridge. He said the likelihood you'll need it is very high. He said it's not a bad idea to buy one for a dishwasher and a washing machine, but it's not nearly as important. He does not recommend them on ranges or microwaves or dryers.

I bought all new samsung units a couple of years ago and luckily bought insurance on ref. It works fine except it freezes the water line so no ice or water. It has some weird themo thing going on. I had 5 bottles of water next to each other on same shelf and 1 was solid ice and the other 4 had no ice at all. Temp was tested and it was 36. Has to get to over 45 not to freeze.They tired fixing it but finally declared it unrepairable and refunded purchase price so I have new ref. that works great except ice/water for the $300 cost of insurance. I've also had to repair my over stove microwave twice. A $6 part but pain to have to take down to repair. First time I went to work on it I found the 2 tamper proof screws were gone! Turns out HHGreg who was out of business by then sold me a unit that had been tampered with.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3