Abilene, Texas
F
fastmark Offline OP
master
fastmark  Offline OP
master
F

Abilene, Texas
It’s now running with the efficiency of a well oiled government machine. I guess all the vote counters came back to work in postal facilities! I bought a rare, almost irreplaceable variety of carb parts and the seller shipped it on the the 7th of December. He ships USPS because Is convenient for him. It got put in the Indianapolis postal jail for 20 days. It was probably someone’s foot prop at the break table. It finally moved it to the a different facility in Indianapolis and it started the trip to Texas and finally got to Abilene on the 31 and out for delivery. Well we had a bad freezing rain, ice, and snow storm on that day. All day long the website kept changing the delivery hour and said its was “awaiting delivery scan”and will be delivered on the 2. Well, all day on the 2nd, it does the same thing. Today is the 3 and it still says the same thing “awaiting delivery scan”and the delivery date is now Monday the 4 by 6:15 pm. The only problem is that my wife found the package yesterday ON OUR NEIGHBOR’S PORCH! Our neighbor works out of town and we have been getting her mail at the curbside box. The package has probably been there since the 31 because it is all wet on the box. Great job guys. Now they can’t read numbers to deliver by. I’ve shipped my last package with them.

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: fastmark] #2868368
01/03/21 08:05 AM
01/03/21 08:05 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Hey at least your getting it, I dropped a package off today and asked about a bill I should of got a couple days ago and was told she hopes to have a delivery driver MONDAY!

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: fastmark] #2868372
01/03/21 08:26 AM
01/03/21 08:26 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by fastmark
It’s now running with the efficiency of a well oiled government machine. I guess all the vote counters came back to work in postal facilities! I bought a rare, almost irreplaceable variety of carb parts and the seller shipped it on the the 7th of December. He ships USPS because Is convenient for him. It got put in the Indianapolis postal jail for 20 days. It was probably someone’s foot prop at the break table. It finally moved it to the a different facility in Indianapolis and it started the trip to Texas and finally got to Abilene on the 31 and out for delivery. Well we had a bad freezing rain, ice, and snow storm on that day. All day long the website kept changing the delivery hour and said its was “awaiting delivery scan”and will be delivered on the 2. Well, all day on the 2nd, it does the same thing. Today is the 3 and it still says the same thing “awaiting delivery scan”and the delivery date is now Monday the 4 by 6:15 pm. The only problem is that my wife found the package yesterday ON OUR NEIGHBOR’S PORCH! Our neighbor works out of town and we have been getting her mail at the curbside box. The package has probably been there since the 31 because it is all wet on the box. Great job guys. Now they can’t read numbers to deliver by. I’ve shipped my last package with them.

Had something similar happen to me with UPS, they delivered my package to a neighbor. Turns out some clown put the wrong address in the order form when he order the stuff. Said clown being me. How I found out? Neighbor flagged down UPS driver and gave him back the package. UPS looked at the address, which does not exist and called the number included on the shipping label, which was my cell. Once I gave them the right street number they delivered it later than day,

Other than it getting delivered to an address that didn't exist, I guess they dumped it off at "close enough", it went real smooth in actually getting it where it belonged.

Moral of the story? My one and only delivery problem with, well any of them, was caused by me. Wonder how many who complain about deliveries are cause by their own mistakes? A few I am sure and I have zero excuse, I've lived here for 17+ years. Must be CRS.

Last edited by Sniper; 01/03/21 08:28 AM.
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: Sniper] #2868381
01/03/21 08:59 AM
01/03/21 08:59 AM
Tulsa OK
Bad340fish Offline
master
Bad340fish  Offline
master

Tulsa OK
I bought a electrical board for my car from a guy in Maybee Michigan. He and I discussed it and I paid him for it via PayPal Wednesday December 30th mid day. I got the part on January 2nd in Tulsa Oklahoma via USPS priority mail. So best case scenario he shipped it on the 30th, most likely on the 31st and it was here on the 2nd, that is great time regardless of any political and holiday unrest. I wasn't expecting it until mid week sometime.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340
87 "Chrysler" Conquest
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: Bad340fish] #2868391
01/03/21 09:47 AM
01/03/21 09:47 AM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey
Mailed my electric bill payment on November 27th, check never cleared my bank.
Come home today and here is my electric bill return to sender sticker on it. Not deliverable to the address. Been mailing my electric bill to the same address for 8 years now no problem. The address for the electric company appears through the little window on the envelope.
Sent to a Philadelphia address

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: Dartforforty] #2868411
01/03/21 10:57 AM
01/03/21 10:57 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
There is something going on at the USPS. Up to about six months ago, shipping delays through the USPS happened to me very infrequently. Now it seems to be SOP. I mailed a part to a New Jersey address on December 8th and it is still in the system. Been in USPS purgatory in St Louis and Des Moines. Good thing it wasn't perishable. I can't understand how all these mailed pre-made meals are being successfully delivered without spoiling. Maybe they're not. work

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: 6PakBee] #2868569
01/03/21 05:56 PM
01/03/21 05:56 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
There is something going on at the USPS. Up to about six months ago, shipping delays through the USPS happened to me very infrequently. Now it seems to be SOP. I mailed a part to a New Jersey address on December 8th and it is still in the system. Been in USPS purgatory in St Louis and Des Moines. Good thing it wasn't perishable. I can't understand how all these mailed pre-made meals are being successfully delivered without spoiling. Maybe they're not. work

They aren't. FedEX is bad too. We were getting Hello Fresh for almost 2 years, shipped by FedEX from Chicago to Detroit. Then last Spring they went from days late to a week late. Hello Fresh refunded me but I had to call to complain. After a month (4 shipments) I figured this was never going to work anymore. I honestly don't know how Hello Fresh or any of these can stay in business.

My regular FedEX guy said they laugh back at the depot about how long the meals sit around. NICE! But since they are all contractors they don't have the same sense of urgency that a $40/hr UPS driver has. I mean how many $40/hr jobs are out there.

PS I'll say it again for all the guys that get ONE package that successfully made it through the "system", put $100 in 100 boxes every day for a month and ship them with USPS. THEN tell me your satisfaction level. Just checked my shipping program. I shipped 29,000 packages last year. I will never ship with USPS again after the thousands of angry and threatening phone calls and thousands of dollars lost the past 5 years. Nope, these problems aren't because of the newly appointed top postal guy. These problems existed WAY before him. USPS at one point lost nearly 1% of my mail. It did get better (I was told because they installed cameras at the depots) but then every holiday season for the past 5 years years we had a repeat of this holiday season. Mail took WEEKS to get delivered. Sometimes as long as 6 week. And people were pissed, AT ME. And rightfully so. I was STOOOOOPID enough to ship by mail.

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: 6PakBee] #2868571
01/03/21 06:04 PM
01/03/21 06:04 PM
Maryland
G
gofastboater Offline
gofastboater  Offline
G

Maryland
I won an Ebay item that was 1 block from where I work. Seller wouldn't allow me to pick it up. I said no problem. Shipped it USPS the same day. It took 10 days to go 10 miles to my house. I'm just north of Baltimore. It sat in the USPS branch for 7 days then went to Wash. D.C. Took 3 more days for me to get it. This is not the 1st time I have had packages get bounced all around me. I think they are purposely screwing up to get more money out of the Feds.

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: gofastboater] #2868614
01/03/21 07:39 PM
01/03/21 07:39 PM
So Near, Yet So Far
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Near, Yet So Far
I've generally had good luck - and it seems "luck" is the operative word - with USPS, incoming & outgoing.
A couple of things late getting where I shipped them, but not as bad as y'all are reporting.
But they do weird things around here; there are days they just don't come down our road, and mail arrives at any hour from 11AM - 6PM.
For years, a guy over a mile away has occasionally received my mail, and I've received his, because we both have 259 in our address.
His street name and mine have nothing in common.
It seems the postman holds my magazines until he's done with them.
As much as they charge for shipping now, you'd think things would improve, but Noooooooo...

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: topside] #2868674
01/03/21 10:33 PM
01/03/21 10:33 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
I've had numerous problems with usps over the last three years, they absolutely suck. A privately owned company ran the way usps is would be belly up in less than a year. I shoot pellet rifles and recently needed to order pellets, I paid several dollars extra for UPS shipping. My pellets arrived on time.

I'm all for the privatization of usps.

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: justinp61] #2868707
01/03/21 11:54 PM
01/03/21 11:54 PM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile

Between Houston & Galveston TX

Another thing I noticed about USPS, are how the people that work there look. Long time ago, I guess the workers had a sense of pride about their job, now...........who cares. A majority of the time, the homeless guy down the street looks less slovenly than a USPS worker.

Sad.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: SattyNoCar] #2868728
01/04/21 12:56 AM
01/04/21 12:56 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Its odd in a way. My postal lady feels other companies are trying to force usps out of the shipping picture and Ive seen some of the points shes mad to be valid BUT when USPS cant run a semi tight ship as it stands maybe they should not.

This whole Christmas package run I often wondered if the usps was getting so far behind, why didnt they stop accepting packages for a day or two?

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: justinp61] #2868781
01/04/21 10:14 AM
01/04/21 10:14 AM
East Aurora (Buffalo) NY
RoadRunner Offline
master
RoadRunner  Offline
master

East Aurora (Buffalo) NY
Originally Posted by justinp61
I've had numerous problems with usps over the last three years, they absolutely suck. A privately owned company ran the way usps is would be belly up in less than a year. I shoot pellet rifles and recently needed to order pellets, I paid several dollars extra for UPS shipping. My pellets arrived on time.

I'm all for the privatization of usps.

The only issue on privatization is that then there will be the decision to not serve certain markets. I can't imagine that the costs to run an office in the middle of some nowhere rural town can be justified by the mail that passes through. If it was private, then the company may not service that area or charge a high dollar that it could hurt those that depend on the service. But in general, I agree that there could be some streamlining to improve efficiency and costs.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: RoadRunner] #2868828
01/04/21 12:35 PM
01/04/21 12:35 PM
Richmond, Indiana
19swinger70 Offline
master
19swinger70  Offline
master

Richmond, Indiana
My regular mailman, and the workers at the Post Office in my area seem like great people. My mailman even gives dog biscuits to my dogs when the wife is out walking them.

That said, there seems to be regional hubs of the USPS that operate like those black hole vortexes that swallow space and time. Depending on the direction from which I order something, I will have wildly different experiences while watching the tracking. Some directions of travel through certain hubs come very efficiently, while certain areas of the country (hubs) things sit and then the route makes no sense.

Personally, I think city, state, and regional politics are the reason for these "problem" hubs (or the workers that run them), but I cannot prove it.

Last edited by 19swinger70; 01/04/21 12:36 PM.

1970 340 swinger. sublime
1967 barracuda fastback BB
55 Plymouth Project
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: 19swinger70] #2869295
01/05/21 01:38 PM
01/05/21 01:38 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
my PO is like yours it seems. the guys are hard workers, and my regular mailman ran up to me at a stop sign once, handing me a package. he was on a second route and saw a package had come into the PO during his first round, and was going to bring it over, but i just happened to be where he was at the time.
i placed an order for some model A e-brake springs friday afternoon [new years day] off of feebag, and they came yesterday. the order was from ekler's [sp ?] who used to be chevy only, but recently took on ford model A parts. anyway, florida to pa over the holiday weekend via USPS. shruggy
just as i typed in the last sentence, my guy delivered, and another model A part arrived from beaumont, texas. this item was ordered saturday morning.
it must be a regional thing. who knows ? it is a shame, however, to see and hear about orders bouncing around all over the country for weeks and more.
beer

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: moparx] #2869446
01/05/21 06:14 PM
01/05/21 06:14 PM
New Jersey
P
Powerflow Offline
pro stock
Powerflow  Offline
pro stock
P

New Jersey
My cousin in Denver sent me a Christmas card on December 16th. I received it in Central NJ today. How's that for 'Speedy Delivery'?

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: Powerflow] #2870220
01/07/21 02:10 AM
01/07/21 02:10 AM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
I will give credit where credit is due. I can honestly say that even though 20%+ of our shipments were 3 to 8 weeks late, they did "arrive". Think 1 out of thousands in the past 2-3 months was actually lost - showed some tracking and then a large red dot on the tracking page.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/unit...s-over-delays-in-mail-packages/35119403#

Excerpt from Maryland news article above about USPS problems... "... me being a small business owner. It's hurting my business. It's giving me a bad name. The post office can't deliver my products in the time they estimate and I'm losing money at this point,” Kresel said. She says she ships on average 75 packages a day. Since Thanksgiving, half of them are missing in the mail. Her company had to give refunds and absorb shipping costs. “If I'm going to have to refund 100 customers a week, there's no way I'm going to stay in business,' she said."

THATS the sad part of this USPS fiasco. Small business owners that are selling "me too" items and compete solely on price wouldn't be able to sell low cost items and charge $8-10 min for RELIABLE UPS shipping. I've been getting a couple angry customers that don't want to pay $10 to ship a 95 cent item. I get it. But when somethings gets lost in the mail the blame never gets directed at the USPS. So I wind up financially supporting a poorly run business AND getting a black eye. NO THANK YOU. Just today I shipped some parts to a guy in MI that wanted "cheap" shipping. Told him the deal is if I ship these USPS and they don't arrive I never want to hear about it. He agreed.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: 71TA] #2870505
01/07/21 03:24 PM
01/07/21 03:24 PM
Florida STAYcation
dIc dOc Deity ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dIc dOc Deity !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
JUST got a season 4 replacement of the 2 1/2 Men series from Indianapolis via media mail ....

3 days .. smoke

Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: 71TA] #2870593
01/07/21 06:32 PM
01/07/21 06:32 PM
Grove, OK
hosehead Offline
top fuel
hosehead  Offline
top fuel

Grove, OK
Originally Posted by 71TA
I will give credit where credit is due. I can honestly say that even though 20%+ of our shipments were 3 to 8 weeks late, they did "arrive". Think 1 out of thousands in the past 2-3 months was actually lost - showed some tracking and then a large red dot on the tracking page.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/unit...s-over-delays-in-mail-packages/35119403#

Excerpt from Maryland news article above about USPS problems... "... me being a small business owner. It's hurting my business. It's giving me a bad name. The post office can't deliver my products in the time they estimate and I'm losing money at this point,” Kresel said. She says she ships on average 75 packages a day. Since Thanksgiving, half of them are missing in the mail. Her company had to give refunds and absorb shipping costs. “If I'm going to have to refund 100 customers a week, there's no way I'm going to stay in business,' she said."

THATS the sad part of this USPS fiasco. Small business owners that are selling "me too" items and compete solely on price wouldn't be able to sell low cost items and charge $8-10 min for RELIABLE UPS shipping. I've been getting a couple angry customers that don't want to pay $10 to ship a 95 cent item. I get it. But when somethings gets lost in the mail the blame never gets directed at the USPS. So I wind up financially supporting a poorly run business AND getting a black eye. NO THANK YOU. Just today I shipped some parts to a guy in MI that wanted "cheap" shipping. Told him the deal is if I ship these USPS and they don't arrive I never want to hear about it. He agreed.

They will arrive. I got a gift today for my wife that I ordered on December 12th. Again, I work at the post office in Grove Ok.
Our distribution center has multiple tractor trailers FULL waiting to be processed in the parking lot. We are still getting Christmas packages from the distribution plant as they chip away at the massive amounts of mail.
I also hope everyone understands how much the grunts are busting their asses to catch up on the mail that is stacked up due to the combo of covid/election/new post master jacking up the procedure/christmas. Unprecedented set of circumstances. I wish I could make a direct phone line to the losers that get hired and never show up also. Its a big problem.
Not that Im giving usps a total pass. it is a government agency after all. lol.

63 Plymouth savoy
65 d100
66 dart race project
58 plymouth suburban
Re: The USPS is all better now! [Re: fastmark] #2870711
01/07/21 09:29 PM
01/07/21 09:29 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Welllll, just yesterday I received a Christmas card mailed from a friend - he sent it to me from 12 miles away - a town right next to where we live. Now granted, he had the incorrect zip code on the envelope, but it was post marked 12/3. Just sayin.............

THERE - I just said it!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Page 1 of 2 1 2