11/25/20 10:25 PM
WI
Dcuda69 Offline
master
Dcuda69  Offline
master

WI
Originally Posted by moparmarks
And see I thought that was cool. Can you get boost from leaf blowers which they did. Practical? No. Off the wall? Yes. Putting a Hemi in a 57 Chevy. Who does that? Running a Viper and a Hellcat on a off road dirt track. Totally cool.
Guess I haven't seem any of their newer shows.

That's my issue with the show.....leaf blowers? Stupid! Hemi in a '57?...cool! Viper/Hellcat on a dirt track? Stupid as can be!!!!! If you have resources for Hellcats and Vipers why in the hell beat them around a dirt track?? They were never designed for that so their performance in that situation is useless information.

Last edited by Dcuda69; 11/25/20 10:29 PM.
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: Rhinodart] #2851623
11/25/20 10:54 PM
11/25/20 10:54 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
........like I said, if they only had an expert on each build...... tsk

Do you think a low budget cable show is going to hire an "expert" for each brand of car worked on? Joe, with his bad grammar is the supposed mopar expert on the show.

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: AndyF] #2851650
11/26/20 01:25 AM
11/26/20 01:25 AM
Chicago, Illinois
Devil Offline
I Live Here
Devil  Offline
I Live Here

Chicago, Illinois
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I suspect that it is about 50% reality based at best. Overhaulin is based on a similar theme but these GS people come to YOU t bring a project back from the dead.
When most of the recipients of the show look able bodied, I find that really sad. These guys look like worthless cucks that couldn't change their own oil without buying a repair manual yet they somehow took a car apart and let it sit for years. I've known guys like that....henpecked by their dominant wives and ungrateful kids, it is a sad thing to see a man fall so far from grace.
In the rare instance where the recipient is handicapped, I find the show to be great. It would be a terrible thing to have all the determination but not the ability. This show would be a huge help for those people.

It would be interesting to do a follow up show and see what happens to these cars after a few years. From what I can tell, many of the people who couldn't get their project done the first time around are the type that will let it fall back apart. Most of the people they help appear to have zero mechanical skills, limited space and limited tools. But I don't really know, it could just be the way the show is edited. I like the concept of helping people finish up their projects. I try to help all of my buddies finish their cars too but I'm not into helping someone who doesn't do any work.

The show has become more and more fake over time. This episode was especially fake since they show up with a week to work on the car but they somehow manage to build a new Dana 60 and a stroker engine in just a few hours. My guess is that each car must take several weeks if not months of prep time so all the parts are lined up before the first fake visit where the team discovers all the parts they'll need. When GS first started it didn't seem so fake. I eventually stopped watching Overhauling because it morphed into a totally unreal fantasy show where they would build full on customs in a week.

Nope, you're completely wrong. They have 7 days to work on a vehicle and that's it. I've worked with them on a bunch of episodes. They have hundreds of entries and just pick out the handful that they know they can get done, in theory, in 7 days.

98% of the show is legit. There is stuff put in for product placement and sponsorship stuff, but that's about it. Also the amount of work that Bruno does is greatly exaggerated. Cristy does tend to get her hands dirty far more often.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just wait for the Season Finale in December!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Of course you know I'm in the Roadkill world.

[Linked Image]

If you have any questions about them, or Roadkill, let me know.

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: Devil] #2851668
11/26/20 05:52 AM
11/26/20 05:52 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
If I had to pick my favorite car based TV show, Roadkill is the winner by a mile. They sometimes do some silly things but since I am a goof myself, I can relate to them.
I love the cars at Graveyard Cars but never save them or rewatch them on the DVR. I don't mind Mark but all the other chit-chat drama is worthless to me.
Garage Squad...As I stated, I find much of it to be sad. Fair weather car owners that claim to love their cars but have piles of garage junk stacked on them for years....Someone posted that they suspected that some time after the show aired, the cars could be heading back to being broken down and neglected. Same thing happens when you give people stuff for free. They don't appreciate it. Free housing? Go back a year later and see if the place looks better or worse.

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: Kern Dog] #2851714
11/26/20 10:24 AM
11/26/20 10:24 AM
GA
roadrunninMark Offline OP
master
roadrunninMark  Offline OP
master

GA
I like watching most of these shows. Overhaulin goes too far mostly, making huge changes to the cars to "modernize" them. Shaving door handles, side marker lights, etc. (most of the time) is ridiculous. It changes the spirit of the car, I think. I also don't like when they keep changing people in the team. GS is towards the top of the ones I watch because it seems more real than the others and they are not trying to make some one off show car. Roadkill is good too as they reuse whatever they can find and the budget is rock bottom. GYC is good as it is only mopars but the antics are 95% of the show. Kindig's cars are more artwork then regular car but if there is a car on the show I like, I will definitely watch it. The others are OK (Ill watch if nothing else on). I do like the show from England where they convert cars to electric, don't recall the name off hand. WD is good too.

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: roadrunninMark] #2851727
11/26/20 10:40 AM
11/26/20 10:40 AM
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline
I Live Here

Western Colorado High Desert
I find most of the shows to be boring. LS this, drop that. YAWN. After spending the last two decades building cars for people I'm kind of bored with car builds. Really bored with E bodies. YAWN. That is why I like Roadkill. While most shows take a Hellcat and drop it with 28" wheels, modify this, customize that, YAWN, Roadkill is thrashing one in the dirt. It is not informational is it entertainment. Way too much drama and whining on most of the shows. Oh my god we found rust on a 40 year old car!! Whaaaaat?
GS is cool because they are getting drivers on the road. Roadkill is cool because they don't do the same thing as everyone YAWN else.
To each his own. That is why they make Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry.

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: moparmarks] #2851975
11/26/20 08:05 PM
11/26/20 08:05 PM
Lee Co. Fla.
5carguy Offline
top fuel
5carguy  Offline
top fuel

Lee Co. Fla.
Heather Storm thumbs

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: 5carguy] #2852021
11/26/20 11:03 PM
11/26/20 11:03 PM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
Originally Posted by 5carguy
Heather Storm thumbs
iagree

Last edited by W.I.N. racing; 11/26/20 11:03 PM.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: W.I.N. Racing] #2854417
12/02/20 03:45 PM
12/02/20 03:45 PM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
GS is ok...but I agree that Bruno and his anti Mopar rhetoric is non-sensical...he gets paid to be there and work on someones project regardless of brand make or model, I don't see any other cast member cut down an owners car like he does, EVERY TIME a Mopar is shown. down If I was on that show with my car, and he started in on his little jabs, I would tell him to to get the hell off my property, if he can't at the very least, repect my ride...but that's just me. As far as other shows..I like Roadkill Garage..Dulcich is cool, and laid back, and is willing to work on anything.

Plymouth Makes It!
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #2854425
12/02/20 04:11 PM
12/02/20 04:11 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline
Your #1 source for current events
rdrnr6970  Offline
Your #1 source for current events

NJ
Yeah cought some of this episode,yeah he gets alittle irritating,and the back seat looked like a wrinkled mess. twocents

OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS.....5TH GENRAMS.COM... 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: Devil] #2854506
12/02/20 07:13 PM
12/02/20 07:13 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by Devil
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I suspect that it is about 50% reality based at best. Overhaulin is based on a similar theme but these GS people come to YOU t bring a project back from the dead.
When most of the recipients of the show look able bodied, I find that really sad. These guys look like worthless cucks that couldn't change their own oil without buying a repair manual yet they somehow took a car apart and let it sit for years. I've known guys like that....henpecked by their dominant wives and ungrateful kids, it is a sad thing to see a man fall so far from grace.
In the rare instance where the recipient is handicapped, I find the show to be great. It would be a terrible thing to have all the determination but not the ability. This show would be a huge help for those people.

It would be interesting to do a follow up show and see what happens to these cars after a few years. From what I can tell, many of the people who couldn't get their project done the first time around are the type that will let it fall back apart. Most of the people they help appear to have zero mechanical skills, limited space and limited tools. But I don't really know, it could just be the way the show is edited. I like the concept of helping people finish up their projects. I try to help all of my buddies finish their cars too but I'm not into helping someone who doesn't do any work.

The show has become more and more fake over time. This episode was especially fake since they show up with a week to work on the car but they somehow manage to build a new Dana 60 and a stroker engine in just a few hours. My guess is that each car must take several weeks if not months of prep time so all the parts are lined up before the first fake visit where the team discovers all the parts they'll need. When GS first started it didn't seem so fake. I eventually stopped watching Overhauling because it morphed into a totally unreal fantasy show where they would build full on customs in a week.

Nope, you're completely wrong. They have 7 days to work on a vehicle and that's it. I've worked with them on a bunch of episodes. They have hundreds of entries and just pick out the handful that they know they can get done, in theory, in 7 days.

98% of the show is legit. There is stuff put in for product placement and sponsorship stuff, but that's about it. Also the amount of work that Bruno does is greatly exaggerated. Cristy does tend to get her hands dirty far more often.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just wait for the Season Finale in December!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Of course you know I'm in the Roadkill world.

[Linked Image]

If you have any questions about them, or Roadkill, let me know.

Saw them run the Challenger at the Zip Tie last January. Pretty fast for a car slammed together.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: moparmarks] #2854693
12/03/20 09:19 AM
12/03/20 09:19 AM
Chicago
rocksmopar Offline
super stock
rocksmopar  Offline
super stock

Chicago

The show is based in Illinois. So all I have to do is finish the body work and paint on my car and they will put it together for me?

Sounds good to me

Looking for affordable Cuda parts
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: Dcuda69] #2854766
12/03/20 12:32 PM
12/03/20 12:32 PM
Mt.Gilead, Ohio
OhioMopar Offline
master
OhioMopar  Offline
master

Mt.Gilead, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
That's my issue with the show.....leaf blowers? Stupid! Hemi in a '57?...cool! Viper/Hellcat on a dirt track? Stupid as can be!!!!! If you have resources for Hellcats and Vipers why in the hell beat them around a dirt track?? They were never designed for that so their performance in that situation is useless information.

Leaf blowers were an internet legend they tried out(I believe) So it's what viewers(not you, obviously) asked for. As for the Hellcats and the Viper, I'm pretty sure they were promotional cars that couldn't be sold to the public, anyway. I would rather see them enjoyed than go straight to the crusher.

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: W.I.N. Racing] #2854771
12/03/20 12:35 PM
12/03/20 12:35 PM
Mt.Gilead, Ohio
OhioMopar Offline
master
OhioMopar  Offline
master

Mt.Gilead, Ohio
Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
Originally Posted by 5carguy
Heather Storm thumbs
iagree

By far the worst of the 3. Lauren and Cristy Lee are much easier to look at. But if we all had the same taste, this world would be pretty boring.

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: OhioMopar] #2854778
12/03/20 12:52 PM
12/03/20 12:52 PM
Chicago, Illinois
Devil Offline
I Live Here
Devil  Offline
I Live Here

Chicago, Illinois
Originally Posted by OhioMopar
Originally Posted by Dcuda69

Leaf blowers were an internet legend they tried out(I believe) So it's what viewers(not you, obviously) asked for. As for the Hellcats and the Viper, I'm pretty sure they were promotional cars that couldn't be sold to the public, anyway. I would rather see them enjoyed than go straight to the crusher.

Nope, they were PR cars, and were supposed to be sold (used) after Roadkill was done with them. But they did so much damage to them at the dirt track, Dodge made MotorTrend buy them.

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: Devil] #2856911
12/08/20 06:31 AM
12/08/20 06:31 AM
Sobieski Wi
B
bee1971 Offline
master
bee1971  Offline
master
B

Sobieski Wi
1969 Dodge Daytona Came Out Today On Garage Squad

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies
Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: bee1971] #2856989
12/08/20 11:10 AM
12/08/20 11:10 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
It was fairly entertaining in spite of some of the mysterious or bad decisions, and redundant Stupid Bruno factors mentioned.
Just need to overlook all that or find something else to do.

There's a recent episode where they're working on a Triumph Spitfire that has sat for decades, and they're wasting time trying to take rusty exhaust parts off by snapping the bolts off,
hurting themselves and swearing. Surely this wasn't done for dramatic effect, or because they didn't have the tools to cut all that scrap off and toss it.
No, it must be because they just started working on cars last week and don't know any better. C'mon. eyes Fake as hell.

The important thing is it's engaging the viewer, anyway.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: ZIPPY] #2857025
12/08/20 12:40 PM
12/08/20 12:40 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
I used to find the show fun to watch but as the fake factor got higher and higher I've pretty much stopped watching it. Building a stroker engine in a week is obviously fake as is finding some of the other parts they come up with. I like the idea of the show but I just don't understand why it has to be so fake. Why not do it in stages where they look at the project, then come back later with the parts they need or something like that.

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: AndyF] #2857058
12/08/20 01:28 PM
12/08/20 01:28 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Right. They could explain everything, it would be entertaining, It could still be condensed into one program and not be fake.

I've heard the lead time on repro interior parts is insane at the moment, while engine stuff is no problem.
So maybe that was the issue, but it wouldn't have been difficult to run through everything and would have made
more sense to us who are doing the same thing in real life.

I'll still check it out from time to time, but as far as the MTOD shows go....nothing competes with the programs Dulcich is involved with.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: 69 RR on Garage Squad last night [Re: ZIPPY] #2857099
12/08/20 02:48 PM
12/08/20 02:48 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
if these shows had someone like ed china explaining the ins and outs, they would be more enjoyable as well as informative.
beer

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3