Los Osos, Ca
C
CKessel Offline
mopar
CKessel  Offline
mopar
C

Los Osos, Ca
Amsoil makes products for that. They have Quick Shot for small engines, P.I. [performance improver] for short term autos and Gasoline Stabilizer for up to 12 month storage for all gas powered engines.

Carl Kessel
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: CKessel] #2850146
11/22/20 08:55 PM
11/22/20 08:55 PM
Winter Park, Florida
C
classracer Offline
classracer  Offline
C

Winter Park, Florida
I use Ethanol Defense from Bell Products. Not normally available in Parts Stores. Some Marine Stores do carry this. Look them up on line, you will not be sorry.....Jim

70 Challenger A/SA 2441
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: classracer] #2850803
11/24/20 01:16 AM
11/24/20 01:16 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Stabil 360. End thread.

I want my fair share
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: Ramtough] #2850886
11/24/20 11:52 AM
11/24/20 11:52 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Star Tron has worked well for me.

Are we stuck with Ethanol blended into gasoline forever?

https://www.realclearscience.com/bl...ure_but_were_probably_stuck_with_it.html

Sample quote

“The ethanol program functions as a hidden food tax—the most regressive of all taxes,"
Mario Loyola, a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, wrote for The Atlantic last year.
"And the effects on poor Americans are magnified for poor countries that depend on imports of food."
Ethanol's government-mandated grasp on agriculture is best exemplified with a startling statistic: "In the United States, the cultivation of corn for ethanol now requires a staggering 38 million acres of land—an area larger than the state of Illinois. By comparison, the total area of cropland used to produce grains and vegetables that humans eat is only about twice that acreage," Loyola wrote.

End quote

Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: 360view] #2850925
11/24/20 02:35 PM
11/24/20 02:35 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
I have also heard good things about Amsoil's product and this company www.bndautomotive.com

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: 360view] #2851052
11/24/20 07:21 PM
11/24/20 07:21 PM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Originally Posted by 360view

Sample quote

“The ethanol program functions as a hidden food tax—the most regressive of all taxes,"
Mario Loyola, a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, wrote for The Atlantic last year.
"And the effects on poor Americans are magnified for poor countries that depend on imports of food."
Ethanol's government-mandated grasp on agriculture is best exemplified with a startling statistic: "In the United States, the cultivation of corn for ethanol now requires a staggering 38 million acres of land—an area larger than the state of Illinois. By comparison, the total area of cropland used to produce grains and vegetables that humans eat is only about twice that acreage," Loyola wrote.

End quote

And as a side note, there is another subject that isn't heard of much. Our use of ethanol is a major propaganda tool for our enemies. People in third world countries often don't have enough to eat, despite the millions and millions of dollars in food aid that the Unites States donates to them. Our enemies proclaim that us fat, lazy Americans burn food (corn) in our Cadillacs so that we can get to the mall to buy their sweat shop produced shirts and pants.

I know it sounds crazy to us knowing there is a major difference between types of corn. But to the hungry, uneducated masses in some countries, it rings true and gives them just one more reason to hate us.

Our government insists on oxygenators in our fuels. MTBE was the go-to oxygenator for years. Then they discovered that it did not dissipate in water and hung on for a very long time. And it was a carcinogen. So, the next best thing was ethanol. There was good reason why it was not the government's first choice for an oxygenator, but the environment and politics come first, so here we are.

Just another sad saga of the 'tail wagging the dog'. The United States no longer picks the best and the brightest. And more and more we do the wrong thing for all the right reasons.

Master, again and still
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: DaveRS23] #2851261
11/25/20 08:56 AM
11/25/20 08:56 AM
Greer, SC
TooMany62s Offline
top fuel
TooMany62s  Offline
top fuel

Greer, SC
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by 360view

Sample quote

End quote

And as a side note, there is another subject that isn't heard of much. Our use of ethanol is a major propaganda tool for our enemies. People in third world countries often don't have enough to eat, despite the millions and millions of dollars in food aid that the Unites States donates to them. Our enemies proclaim that us fat, lazy Americans burn food (corn) in our Cadillacs so that we can get to the mall to buy their sweat shop produced shirts and pants.

I know it sounds crazy to us knowing there is a major difference between types of corn. But to the hungry, uneducated masses in some countries, it rings true and gives them just one more reason to hate us.

Our government insists on oxygenators in our fuels. MTBE was the go-to oxygenator for years. Then they discovered that it did not dissipate in water and hung on for a very long time. And it was a carcinogen. So, the next best thing was ethanol. There was good reason why it was not the government's first choice for an oxygenator, but the environment and politics come first, so here we are.

Just another sad saga of the 'tail wagging the dog'. The United States no longer picks the best and the brightest. And more and more we do the wrong thing for all the right reasons.

Add to the above that ethanol was added to gas because the US was importing $100 per barrel Middle East oil. The idea was to reduce the price of gas. Today the US produces more oil than we use so in fact we have a surplus. So, why are we still adding ethanol to gasoline? Because Washington DC moves at a snails pace and they frequently have no clue what's going on in the real world. I suspect the list of senators and congressmen who pumped their own gas in the last twenty years is short. Write your congressman and senators.

Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: larrymopar360] #2851440
11/25/20 04:01 PM
11/25/20 04:01 PM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I have also heard good things about Amsoil's product and this company www.bndautomotive.com
their octane booster is junk

5549 post on old board
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: 05dakota] #2851459
11/25/20 04:35 PM
11/25/20 04:35 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Originally Posted by 05dakota
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
their octane booster is junk
Which company?

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: larrymopar360] #2853142
11/29/20 10:15 PM
11/29/20 10:15 PM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
bnd

5549 post on old board
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: 05dakota] #2853242
11/30/20 09:27 AM
11/30/20 09:27 AM
Utah and Alaska
astjp2 Offline
master
astjp2  Offline
master

Utah and Alaska
Wash the gas with water, the alcohol will attach to the water and you just drain off the mix, it has been done successfully in the aviation world for years to get rid of the alcohol. If you dont believe me, google it. Simple chemistry.

1941 Taylorcraft
1968 Charger
1994 Wrangler
1998 Wrangler
2008 Kia Rio
2017 Jetta

I didn't do 4 years and 9 months of Graduate School to be called Mister!
Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: Bad340fish] #2853424
11/30/20 03:56 PM
11/30/20 03:56 PM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by Bad340fish

It seems like every small engine shop around here has a display of "ethanol failures" right next to the fuel additives. But I have yet to see it cause any problems that weren't greatly enhanced by lack of use or total lack of care.

I've found a lot of small engine carbs are caked full of this chalky white ethanol residue inside. I guess that's what's left behind when the fuel evaporates. It seems to slowly eat aluminum as well because I've pulled apart some that were in pretty poor shape internally after.

Originally Posted by astjp2
Wash the gas with water, the alcohol will attach to the water and you just drain off the mix, it has been done successfully in the aviation world for years to get rid of the alcohol. If you dont believe me, google it. Simple chemistry.

I've seen this done on youtube but have never had a need to try it. Water added to the fuel and mixed up. Left to sit in a clear container, ethanol/water separates to the bottom and is drained out with a spigot.

Re: Fuel Additive to Combat Ethanol? [Re: DaytonaTurbo] #2853430
11/30/20 04:04 PM
11/30/20 04:04 PM
Utah and Alaska
astjp2 Offline
master
astjp2  Offline
master

Utah and Alaska
Originally Posted by DaytonaTurbo
Originally Posted by Bad340fish

It seems like every small engine shop around here has a display of "ethanol failures" right next to the fuel additives. But I have yet to see it cause any problems that weren't greatly enhanced by lack of use or total lack of care.

I've found a lot of small engine carbs are caked full of this chalky white ethanol residue inside. I guess that's what's left behind when the fuel evaporates. It seems to slowly eat aluminum as well because I've pulled apart some that were in pretty poor shape internally after.

Originally Posted by astjp2

I've seen this done on youtube but have never had a need to try it. Water added to the fuel and mixed up. Left to sit in a clear container, ethanol/water separates to the bottom and is drained out with a spigot.

Ethanol is corrosive, that is probably that white chalky stuff

1941 Taylorcraft
1968 Charger
1994 Wrangler
1998 Wrangler
2008 Kia Rio
2017 Jetta

I didn't do 4 years and 9 months of Graduate School to be called Mister!
Page 2 of 2 1 2