Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lowering a D100 #2833255
10/16/20 04:33 AM
10/16/20 04:33 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline OP
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline OP
I Live Here

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
Want to lower my 78 D100 and I have a 91 B300 van and also a 92 D250 for parts. Can I use those LCA's and if so what all do I need to do?
Thanks


72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2833617
10/16/20 07:47 PM
10/16/20 07:47 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 73
Mentor, OH
doggs330 Offline
member
doggs330  Offline
member

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 73
Mentor, OH
Yes, those control arms should work. Same part number for all classes of vans from 79-03. This thread will cover the process. It really should be made a sticky.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...o-lower-your-1972-1993-dodge-pickup.html

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: doggs330] #2833619
10/16/20 07:53 PM
10/16/20 07:53 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline OP
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline OP
I Live Here

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
Awesome, many thanks. Just what I was looking for I tried searching for it with no luck.
up


72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: doggs330] #2834009
10/17/20 08:06 PM
10/17/20 08:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 440
Marysville, WA
77ProStreet Offline
mopar
77ProStreet  Offline
mopar

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 440
Marysville, WA
Originally Posted by doggs330
Yes, those control arms should work. Same part number for all classes of vans from 79-03. This thread will cover the process. It really should be made a sticky.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...o-lower-your-1972-1993-dodge-pickup.html


ABSOLUTELY SHOULD BE A STICKY!

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2834814
10/19/20 10:33 PM
10/19/20 10:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by moparmarks
Want to lower my 78 D100 and I have a 91 B300 van and also a 92 D250 for parts. Can I use those LCA's and if so what all do I need to do?
Thanks



I’m doing my 74. Started with a 8.75 flipped. That took care of the rear. Rebuilt the front end and installed the van lower cal arm. Dropped the front some but needs a bit more. Found out the front springs for a 94-01 1500. Ordered springs with a 2” drop. Haven’t installed as of yet.

A2BBC775-2E2A-40F1-A0BF-FD6E0A7F1E54.jpeg
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: dart4forte] #2834815
10/19/20 10:35 PM
10/19/20 10:35 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline OP
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline OP
I Live Here

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
Looking good John. Love the 72-3 Grill.


72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2834948
10/20/20 10:39 AM
10/20/20 10:39 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 11,967
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline
I Live Here

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 11,967
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
My old truck...

1978Dodge.jpg

'70 Cuda,...605 Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown Hemi Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: dart4forte] #2841519
11/04/20 01:12 AM
11/04/20 01:12 AM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 156
San Diego
J
JP8 Offline
member
JP8  Offline
member
J

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 156
San Diego
Dart4forte,
Are you saying that you found drop springs for a 94-01 and you are using those? What model 8 3/4" are you using. I read that A-body car's spring pads are 43" on center like the D100's but they are more narrow. I'm trying to figure out if B or E housings will be a better match.

Edit: I found that an E or B would be better for width but the perches would have to be relocated. Now I am thinking a 9" might be a better choice if I have to relocate springs. Also, I am seeing a few different suppliers of drop shackles for dodges. In the popular thread that is linked to regarding lowering D100's it recommends using Chevrolet shackles when doing an axle flip. Are they "drop" spindles in effect or do they contribute to the lowering? I'm just wondering if it will be lower in the rear if I do the axle flip AND put drop shackles on it in conjunction with van lower control arms.

I also want to check out these drop springs for the front. Link? Here is some springs for an extra cab V6 https://spindle-source.com/1994-2001-dodge-ram-1500-v6-ext-cab-2-lowering-drop-coils-springs-kit/
Don't know the weight differnces between an older SWB D100 and later model ext cab V6.

Last edited by JP8; 11/04/20 10:39 AM.

Instagram : @5_points_racing
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: JP8] #2841996
11/05/20 12:04 AM
11/05/20 12:04 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 166
Las Vegas, NV
C
chargerbr549 Offline
member
chargerbr549  Offline
member
C

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 166
Las Vegas, NV



https://www.speedwaymoors.com/Western-Chassis-2104-Rear-Leaf-Flip-Kit-1973-87-Chevy-C10,292563.html?sku=91073870&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAiAv4n9BRA9EiwA30WND3OZEuVwkPyaurdjzUQtGLDQuzVFz_vkpUA8hLD4hmetMA7NAMf4nxoCYN8QAvD_BwE


Something like this "flip kit" might work on lowering the rear axle you wouldn't have to remove or modify the existing spring perchs on your axle you have in it now, just install the axle above the leaf springs and use these brackets and bolt it back together? I haven't done this but this might be an option?

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: chargerbr549] #2842013
11/05/20 01:38 AM
11/05/20 01:38 AM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 156
San Diego
J
JP8 Offline
member
JP8  Offline
member
J

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 156
San Diego
Originally Posted by chargerbr549



https://www.speedwaymoors.com/Western-Chassis-2104-Rear-Leaf-Flip-Kit-1973-87-Chevy-C10,292563.html?sku=91073870&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAiAv4n9BRA9EiwA30WND3OZEuVwkPyaurdjzUQtGLDQuzVFz_vkpUA8hLD4hmetMA7NAMf4nxoCYN8QAvD_BwE


Something like this "flip kit" might work on lowering the rear axle you wouldn't have to remove or modify the existing spring perchs on your axle you have in it now, just install the axle above the leaf springs and use these brackets and bolt it back together? I haven't done this but this might be an option?


https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Western-Chassis-2104-Rear-Leaf-Flip-Kit-1973-87-Chevy-C10,292563.html?sku=91073870&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAiAv4n9BRA9EiwA30WND3OZEuVwkPyaurdjzUQtGLDQuzVFz_vkpUA8hLD4hmetMA7NAMf4nxoCYN8QAvD_BwE

Link only works if you copy and paste it into an address bar.




On the lower control arms, I just want to make sure MOOG RK641515 and MOOG RK641516 will work. They are lower control arms from a 2002 1500 van.

www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2002,ram+1500+van,5.2l+v8,1391374,suspension,control+arm,10401

Last edited by JP8; 11/05/20 10:57 AM.

Instagram : @5_points_racing
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: JP8] #2842086
11/05/20 11:36 AM
11/05/20 11:36 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by JP8
Dart4forte,
Are you saying that you found drop springs for a 94-01 and you are using those? What model 8 3/4" are you using. I read that A-body car's spring pads are 43" on center like the D100's but they are more narrow. I'm trying to figure out if B or E housings will be a better match.

Edit: I found that an E or B would be better for width but the perches would have to be relocated. Now I am thinking a 9" might be a better choice if I have to relocate springs. Also, I am seeing a few different suppliers of drop shackles for dodges. In the popular thread that is linked to regarding lowering D100's it recommends using Chevrolet shackles when doing an axle flip. Are they "drop" spindles in effect or do they contribute to the lowering? I'm just wondering if it will be lower in the rear if I do the axle flip AND put drop shackles on it in conjunction with van lower control arms.

I also want to check out these drop springs for the front. Link? Here is some springs for an extra cab V6 https://spindle-source.com/1994-2001-dodge-ram-1500-v6-ext-cab-2-lowering-drop-coils-springs-kit/
Don't know the weight differnces between an older SWB D100 and later model ext cab V6.



Yes, another member suggested using the later model springs. However he advised me not to use the springs with the van lower control arms. Causes loo much pitch which would tear up the grease boots. He’s using the Dakota dropped spindle. On the rear end I used the correct truck housing. I used B body perches with no problem

I’m have a pair of those springs that I ordered that I don’t plan on using. I also have a pair of drop shackles that I never used.

Last edited by dart4forte; 11/05/20 11:38 AM.
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: dart4forte] #2842105
11/05/20 12:32 PM
11/05/20 12:32 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline OP
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline OP
I Live Here

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
So I should just use D100 springs with the B300 LCA's?


72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2842232
11/05/20 05:02 PM
11/05/20 05:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 156
San Diego
J
JP8 Offline
member
JP8  Offline
member
J

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 156
San Diego
Originally Posted by moparmarks
So I should just use D100 springs with the B300 LCA's?


Sounds like Van LCA’s with D100 springs ,or alternatively, drop springs from a 94-01 with D100 LCA’s. Correct?

Could Belltech Dakota drop spindles be used for either of those options?


Instagram : @5_points_racing
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2842310
11/05/20 09:20 PM
11/05/20 09:20 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by moparmarks
So I should just use D100 springs with the B300 LCA's?


The use of the Van LCAs was the first step. It dropped the front about 3 inches. On the rear the 8.75 axle flip lowered it about 4-5 inches. Now, the truck sorta squats in the rear. On the fron it was suggested that a coil be cut off the front springs. Just not sure how much that will drop the front. The problem is if it’s dropped too much you have issues with the upper ball joint. I’m toying with the idea of leaving the front alone and installing a spring that will level the rear with the front. I think that will probably give me a stance similar to the green truck posted earlier.

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: JP8] #2842312
11/05/20 09:26 PM
11/05/20 09:26 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by JP8
Originally Posted by moparmarks
So I should just use D100 springs with the B300 LCA's?


Sounds like Van LCA’s with D100 springs ,or alternatively, drop springs from a 94-01 with D100 LCA’s. Correct?

Could Belltech Dakota drop spindles be used for either of those options?



I’d start conservatively. On the front use the van LCAs. I got mine from Rock Auto with the ball joints for $80.00. On the rear just use a reverse shackle with your existing springs and rear. The pair I have have three adjustments. From those changes you’ll get an idea of a ride height. It will also give you some time to find a D100 8.85 housing and axles.

On the 8.75 housing for your truck the width is 64 3/8”, the 73-74 C body used a housing that was 64 3/8”

Last edited by dart4forte; 11/05/20 09:47 PM.
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: dart4forte] #2842346
11/05/20 10:33 PM
11/05/20 10:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,684
ILLINOIS
V
volaredon Offline
top fuel
volaredon  Offline
top fuel
V

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,684
ILLINOIS
the real Q is why everyone wants to lower their trucks.......

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: volaredon] #2842357
11/05/20 10:55 PM
11/05/20 10:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline OP
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline OP
I Live Here

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
They look cooler and handle better. Why does everyone raise their 4wd? it's just what you do.
Plan is using the van LCA's which I have
Flipping the perches on a truck 8.75 rear which I have.
Mini tub the rear for 15" meats
Adding sway bars, have a front one, and maybe adjustable UCA's.


72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2842381
11/06/20 12:23 AM
11/06/20 12:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by moparmarks
They look cooler and handle better. Why does everyone raise their 4wd? it's just what you do.
Plan is using the van LCA's which I have
Flipping the perches on a truck 8.75 rear which I have.
Mini tub the rear for 15" meats
Adding sway bars, have a front one, and maybe adjustable UCA's.



I’m running 15x10 cop wheels on the back of mine with a 275/60 tire. Fills the wheel well with no rubbing. I bet that with a custom offset you could run a 15x11.

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: moparmarks] #2842382
11/06/20 12:25 AM
11/06/20 12:25 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,889
Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by moparmarks
They look cooler and handle better. Why does everyone raise their 4wd? it's just what you do.
Plan is using the van LCA's which I have
Flipping the perches on a truck 8.75 rear which I have.
Mini tub the rear for 15" meats
Adding sway bars, have a front one, and maybe adjustable UCA's.


Which front sway bar are you running?

Re: Lowering a D100 [Re: dart4forte] #2842391
11/06/20 01:25 AM
11/06/20 01:25 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline OP
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline OP
I Live Here

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,236
Western Colorado High Desert
Just a factory one that is one a 78 parts truck.


72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3






Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1