09/24/20 05:17 PM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
Originally Posted by 44D6PAKCUDA
What about BeepBeep (Joe)? He is one that took me under his wing years ago.He PM'd one time with his phone and asked to call him.He liked the kind of questions I asked and he knew I wanted to make my car correct as possible and I thought his knowledge was off the charts.

Agreed

Joe was a wealth of information . We talked offline many many times on the phone or in person when he showed up at Carlisle one year.
Same as Snoopy, Neither have posted in years.

I seem to remember a snippet a few years back that Snoopy passed away a few years ago? ,,,,,,I hope I'm wrong

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: gtx6970] #2824891
09/25/20 11:04 AM
09/25/20 11:04 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by 44D6PAKCUDA
What about BeepBeep (Joe)? He is one that took me under his wing years ago.He PM'd one time with his phone and asked to call him.He liked the kind of questions I asked and he knew I wanted to make my car correct as possible and I thought his knowledge was off the charts.

Agreed

Joe was a wealth of information . We talked offline many many times on the phone or in person when he showed up at Carlisle one year.
Same as Snoopy, Neither have posted in years.

I seem to remember a snippet a few years back that Snoopy passed away a few years ago? ,,,,,,I hope I'm wrong

Joe still "reads" here on Moparts, just prefers PM's to communicate, Earl/Snoopy was very ill, I haven't heard about/from him in years....

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: jcc] #2825009
09/25/20 02:38 PM
09/25/20 02:38 PM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I sometimes think of the members that used to post a LOT that have been scarce lately.
AMXautoX.....Wasn't his name Tom? He hasn't posted since December. He used to be here all the time.
OZHemi.....That guy posted a lot.
Where is Doc Fiberglass?
Not that I like the guy but JohnRR used to be a frequent contributor but has been conspicuously absent.
Cal Gecko used to post about his Dart and post some great pictures.
Wes Hutchingson, Street Van Dan, In the Pink, Paint it Black, MickM, Sandy in NS......
I expected to see more activity with all the shutdowns and such.

My takeaway from the 2016 "poltical Moparts Experiment", many learned a lot more about follow members then they were comfortable with. As much as the experiment was challenging, it became rather pointless. I want to think I am the last person in the world to want to restrict exchange of ideas, but it degraded way beyond that, and why the current Part 2 redo, I from the get go, resisted. I suspect others felt it best to just move on.

So far, it appears they are smarter then me, as little has changed. biggrin

Meaning, the political forum initially boosts forum traffic, but at the cost of most just getting frustrated and their feelings hurt, and then going AWOL.

Yup...too much "weeping and knashing of teeth"..on that political forum. People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

Plymouth Makes It!
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #2825105
09/25/20 07:09 PM
09/25/20 07:09 PM
Shopping @ HoBo Fright
340SIX Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin
340SIX  Offline

Shopping @ HoBo Fright
No one mentioned Mopar Jamie he started when hecwas 16 or so here with questions about small engines. And then more about low end four door cars.
He had a thick skin for some time.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #2825142
09/25/20 09:00 PM
09/25/20 09:00 PM
Texas
GoodysGotaCuda Offline
5.7L Hemi, 6spd
GoodysGotaCuda  Offline
5.7L Hemi, 6spd

Texas
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by jcc
I sometimes think of the members that used to post a LOT that have been scarce lately.
AMXautoX.....Wasn't his name Tom? He hasn't posted since December. He used to be here all the time.
Where is Doc Fiberglass?
Not that I like the guy but JohnRR used to be a frequent contributor but has been conspicuously absent.
Wes Hutchingson, Street Van Dan, In the Pink, Paint it Black, MickM, Sandy in NS......

My takeaway from the 2016 "poltical Moparts Experiment", many learned a lot more about follow members then they were comfortable with. As much as the experiment was challenging, it became rather pointless. I want to think I am the last person in the world to want to restrict exchange of ideas, but it degraded way beyond that, and why the current Part 2 redo, I from the get go, resisted. I suspect others felt it best to just move on.

Meaning, the political forum initially boosts forum traffic, but at the cost of most just getting frustrated and their feelings hurt, and then going AWOL.

Yup...too much "weeping and knashing of teeth"..on that political forum. People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

iagree

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum 6spd - https://www.facebook.com/GoodysGotaHemi
2020 RAM 1500
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v9yezP9.jpg[/img]
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: GoodysGotaCuda] #2825172
09/25/20 10:09 PM
09/25/20 10:09 PM
S.E. Missouri
AeroMonte Offline
master
AeroMonte  Offline
master

S.E. Missouri
Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by jcc
Where is Doc Fiberglass?

iagree

I agree with this too. I learned allot about the character of many people here during the last election. It turned me off to the point that I mainly just look for cars or parts anymore. I really don't care to talk with most who post. The unmoderated forum is full of angry old men with ugly attitudes. The only reason I still frequent this site is because I love Mopars and there are some very smart people here when I need tech help. I have thought about leaving but I've been here almost 20 years so...

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: Kern Dog] #2825180
09/25/20 10:38 PM
09/25/20 10:38 PM
Harm City Md.
Dan Halen Offline
top fuel
Dan Halen  Offline
top fuel

Harm City Md.
Streetvan Dan sold the van and changed his moniker to Dan Halen a few years ago, still lurks every so often.

Last edited by Dan Halen; 09/25/20 10:39 PM.
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: Dan Halen] #2825204
09/26/20 01:51 AM
09/26/20 01:51 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline OP
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline OP
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Thank you.

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: Dan Halen] #2825205
09/26/20 01:59 AM
09/26/20 01:59 AM
Willow Grove PA
71sat440 Offline
I Live Here
71sat440  Offline
I Live Here

Willow Grove PA
I used to post al lot but for the past 4-5 years I think I post maybe a dozen or so times. Just checked user list and I'm still on page 2 after years of almost no activity, I can't even imagine how thats possible on less its its been really dead.

For me it was just a matter of I liked moparts and set it as my home page and posted almost every time I logged on.

Then I got a vacation for a week I think it was, so changed my home page, found some places that don't ban and I can say whatever and only really come back to check news at the top once in awhile.

Several of the other boards I'm on have a lot of the same members as here.

The Q and A here is very good though.

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: AeroMonte] #2825243
09/26/20 09:57 AM
09/26/20 09:57 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by AeroMonte

I agree with this too. I learned allot about the character of many people here during the last election. It turned me off to the point that I mainly just look for cars or parts anymore. I really don't care to talk with most who post. The unmoderated forum is full of angry old men with ugly attitudes. The only reason I still frequent this site is because I love Mopars and there are some very smart people here when I need tech help. I have thought about leaving but I've been here almost 20 years so...

Yea, "character" is a better foundation for friendship then ANY political position, but obviously that is not a widely shared value.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: moparmarks] #2825287
09/26/20 12:15 PM
09/26/20 12:15 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Originally Posted by moparmarks
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by larrymopar360/
You can't let the political part let you be so offended you quit the site. Shoot, I've had people all but call me stupid in the tech section for asking a question that I guess was to simple for most. I don't let it bother me though, I just kind of make a mental note to try and stay away from that member. But going away only hurts yourself. Nobody else really cares.

Same here, I've had members called me an idiot or stupid for some answers or questions I posted, I just kinda let it slide, life goes on, no need to run home to momma..lol! it's all water under the bridge in a few minutes, hours anyway...if you let it bother you, you have bigger issues

Mike

Well you know some people came out of the womb with all of the knowledge in the world while the rest of us humans had to acquire it along the way.
Lol perfect way to state it

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: topside] #2825682
09/27/20 03:32 PM
09/27/20 03:32 PM
Shopping @ HoBo Fright
340SIX Offline
340SIX  Offline

Shopping @ HoBo Fright
I am one of them. You also get tired of Opting Out then you also get ads in the middle of the post.
I also help run and moderate a web forum that caters to guns mostly, hunting and fishing, and also talks of current events like the one just set up here. So that is a lot of my time there.
It is one of the 10 largest sales so it keeps me busy.
I think others that have moved on also have other interest as well.
I was a member here since late 1998 and found it on Heminet.com
I see JohnRR at a site like that I am a member of and used to see PrimeDuster {Cameron} at one like that in Cali as well. So think that it is just another interest that has taken members away as well when you look at Boating and other things we could be into

Originally Posted by topside
I know some guys who access the site via smartphone are really PO'd about the Infolinks deal.
Some I'd guess are just doing other things for a variety of reasons, bickering among them.
I was shocked to see my post count the other day...

Last edited by 340SIX; 09/27/20 03:45 PM.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: AeroMonte] #2825956
09/28/20 10:10 AM
09/28/20 10:10 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

iagree Yep, I looked in there and it was definitely a mistake. Ended up losing a whole lot of respect for folks due to their attitude and the way they treated others, some who
I previously thought would be cool to meet someday and shake hands with really turned out to be the opposite.

Personally I was taught as a child that one of the most important skills of being a decent human being is developing the ability to communicate wherever it is you stand, on any topic at all,
without trashing anyone else. Apparently that's not in style anymore so I'm out.

There was a time when importance and cool factor was pretty darn high.
I've definitely made friends here (99.9% in entirely a different era), and I transitioned from a broke musician to a career automotive guy partially as a result of my posting tech info on Moparts,
so it'll always occupy a place in my heart. But these days, there is really no reason to ever go too far in depth as information isn't archived the way it was several years ago.
Nobody really tries to save anything or pays much attention because they think they can always find it later by searching for two seconds (believe me, that's not always true).

I'll crawl out from under my rock and post a bunch of pics to maybe get a conversation going....I will start threads about whatever project I'm working on and hopefully get some kind of a constructive conversation and exchange of
ideas started....maybe inspire someone in some small way...but other than that stuff, I'm pretty sure nobody wants my advice
or really cares what I have to say anymore anyway LOL. I keep trying to learn something here as I did in the '90s and there is less and less of that available...and it sure as HECK ain't because
there is nothing left to learn, far from it.

You know, if you hang around for awhile, the same people usually post mostly the same things over and over anyway (myself included).
Everyone repeats themself to a pretty fair extent.
It's usually alot more constructive to get someone on the phone or preferably in person and have a real conversation.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: ZIPPY] #2825999
09/28/20 12:01 PM
09/28/20 12:01 PM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

iagree Yep, I looked in there and it was definitely a mistake. Ended up losing a whole lot of respect for folks due to their attitude and the way they treated others, some who
I previously thought would be cool to meet someday and shake hands with really turned out to be the opposite.

Personally I was taught as a child that one of the most important skills of being a decent human being is developing the ability to communicate wherever it is you stand, on any topic at all,
without trashing anyone else. Apparently that's not in style anymore so I'm out.

There was a time when importance and cool factor was pretty darn high.
I've definitely made friends here (99.9% in entirely a different era), and I transitioned from a broke musician to a career automotive guy partially as a result of my posting tech info on Moparts,
so it'll always occupy a place in my heart. But these days, there is really no reason to ever go too far in depth as information isn't archived the way it was several years ago.
Nobody really tries to save anything or pays much attention because they think they can always find it later by searching for two seconds (believe me, that's not always true).

I'll crawl out from under my rock and post a bunch of pics to maybe get a conversation going....I will start threads about whatever project I'm working on and hopefully get some kind of a constructive conversation and exchange of
ideas started....maybe inspire someone in some small way...but other than that stuff, I'm pretty sure nobody wants my advice
or really cares what I have to say anymore anyway LOL. I keep trying to learn something here as I did in the '90s and there is less and less of that available...and it sure as HECK ain't because
there is nothing left to learn, far from it.

You know, if you hang around for awhile, the same people usually post mostly the same things over and over anyway (myself included).
Everyone repeats themself to a pretty fair extent.
It's usually alot more constructive to get someone on the phone or preferably in person and have a real conversation.

yep I agree. same here.

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: ZIPPY] #2826081
09/28/20 03:07 PM
09/28/20 03:07 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
"i agree Yep, I looked in there and it was definitely a mistake. Ended up losing a whole lot of respect for folks due to their attitude and the way they treated others, some who I previously thought would be cool to meet someday and shake hands with really turned out to be the opposite."

This is the conundrum of the internet. many want one to speak to another as if they were sitting in your living room, and another school of thought is best if one speaks honestly, and then we really find out who it is and the character of the one speaking, while the message seems to get overlooked.

We really unfortunately, can't have it both ways.

On the "repeating", if there wasn't much turnover, there would be really little need, and its maybe presumptuous to assume everybody remembers and has read previous sharing.
I can tolerate it. Besides, its informative to see how much the stories change over time. biggrin

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: jcc] #2826193
09/28/20 06:17 PM
09/28/20 06:17 PM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Online work
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Online Work
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile

Between Houston & Galveston TX

The only time repeating annoys me is when it's on the same page the same day. How friggin' hard is it to scroll down? laugh2

I've met a few (very few) members from here over the years. Only one 'bad' meeting but they haven't been here in over a decade. I wish I had been better able to interact with people back then, I'm a LOT more out going now than I was back then. Shoot, I met ZIPPY back when he had his .....'Mongolian Battle Wagon' (I think that was the name he gave his old wagon work ), much to my embarrassment the more calm and relaxed I tried to be, the more star struck I felt. blush

Back to topic, who remembers Carl? He may have been a wealth of info, but from my vantage point, seemed like he was trying to take over the board.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: SattyNoCar] #2826224
09/28/20 07:35 PM
09/28/20 07:35 PM
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Can...
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Can...
Originally Posted by Satilite73
The only time repeating annoys me is when it's on the same page the same day. How friggin' hard is it to scroll down? laugh2

Don't sweat the small stuff John. Two, or more, posts on the same topic really isn't something to get annoyed over.

Mike.

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: SattyNoCar] #2826229
09/28/20 07:43 PM
09/28/20 07:43 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by Satilite73

I've met a few (very few) members from here over the years. Only one 'bad' meeting but they haven't been here in over a decade. I wish I had been better able to interact with people back then, I'm a LOT more out going now than I was back then. Shoot, I met ZIPPY back when he had his .....'Mongolian Battle Wagon' (I think that was the name he gave his old wagon work ), much to my embarrassment the more calm and relaxed I tried to be, the more star struck I felt. blush

Back to topic, who remembers Carl? He may have been a wealth of info, but from my vantage point, seemed like he was trying to take over the board.

Carl, was that the Burger King guy that thought he was actually King? laugh2

Kevin

Re: Frequent posting members [Re: Twostick] #2826298
09/28/20 11:18 PM
09/28/20 11:18 PM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
What ever happened to S&MCuda?

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Frequent posting members [Re: BloFish] #2826316
09/29/20 12:48 AM
09/29/20 12:48 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline OP
Striving for excellence