09/26/20 07:52 PM
09/26/20 07:52 PM
The Villages
T
The Rabid Golfer Offline OP
The Rabid Golfer  Offline OP
T

The Villages
Boy, am I stupid!!! Have been playing with the N96 that ALWAYS pops open when I shut off engine. Had to move the car from garage to uphill driveway and got hit by rain BEFORE I could move it back inside. SO........getting water all over the intake area, mopped it dry and it started and ran fine. SO........in my infinite wisdom, I disconnected the spring that pops the air grabber up. I am looking ANYWHERE as to a pictorial of what the stupid spring was attached to, as in the present manner I have attached it, the door won't open at all. Any picture or exploded views would help. FYI, I can't find a damn sentence in the #1 or #2 Plymouth Service Manuals I have.

Last edited by The Rabid Golfer; 09/26/20 07:52 PM.
Re: 1970 N96 air grabber [Re: The Rabid Golfer] #2825415
09/26/20 08:09 PM
09/26/20 08:09 PM
GA
roadrunninMark Offline
master
roadrunninMark  Offline
master

GA
Is this the spring you are talking about?

grabber1.jpggrabber2.jpg
Re: 1970 N96 air grabber [Re: The Rabid Golfer] #2825416
09/26/20 08:17 PM
09/26/20 08:17 PM
Central Pa
M
moparjim79 Offline
pro stock
moparjim79  Offline
pro stock
M

Central Pa
Lots of people will give different replies to this, but here is one suggestion I used and worked. I had a ramcharger hood on my car, and hooked my canister directly through my switch off the intake manifold. I never used a spring and the switch in the car did not have the solenoid hooked up either. The trap door sprung open and stayed open the entire time I was cruising with no issue. If I let the switch in the "open" position, it would take several hours to finally close. If I switched to the "close" position, it would fall as soon as I shut my rig down. I had to experiment with the setup a little at first, because one way I had it hooked up, the door would never open, one way I had it hooked up every time you touched the loud pedal, the trap door would momentarily fall flat then spring back. The final way was what I wanted, full open with no issues while running.

This was with a car that had a stout comp xtreme energy cam and no vacuum cannister (as in additional cannister)

I drove the car in the rain many times with the trap door open, never a real issue in the way the car ran or detail department at all, and i was meticulous about the engine and bay appearance.