09/26/20 12:37 AM
Salem
Grizzly Offline
Moparts Proctologist
Grizzly  Offline
Moparts Proctologist

Salem
Originally Posted by Chi_Town_Runner

Remember, the car didn't display this prior to the inactivity.

I have a u-joint issue on one of my cars: it hasn't been driven for about 5 years. Did a 30 mile trip with it last year and it started vibrating like my other car that needed a u-joint. I left a note on the seat to replace the u-joint next time it's out...................probably 5 years from now. cool

I've never believed it, but, I think there is some credibility to things "drying out" when they don't get regular exercise. My daily driver rarely breaks down. My stuff that is parked, seems to always need something.

Tires have never been an issue.......except once : daily driver, 75-80mph speeds, and a 3 week heat wave: blew out a sidewall on a tire that still had 60% tread remaining. I appreciate that picture of the T/A and feel really bad for the guy, but I would like to know more details on conditions, temps, speed, piece of metal on the highway, etc. work Did the other 3 tires eventually do the same or was it just one rotten tire?

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".
Re: Vibration at speed - possible cause [Re: Grizzly] #2825221
09/26/20 07:52 AM
09/26/20 07:52 AM
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Can...
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Can...
Originally Posted by Grizzly
I appreciate that picture of the T/A and feel really bad for the guy, but I would like to know more details on conditions, temps, speed, piece of metal on the highway, etc. work Did the other 3 tires eventually do the same or was it just one rotten tire?

Regarding conditions, it was August in Northern Ontario so temp was approx in the 70s and speed was approximately 60mph. No idea as to pieces of metal on the highway but the tread peeled away from tire very quickly and beat the fender, etc. before the guy could stop.

Here's the clue though, he felt "something" on his last drive and was trying to figure it out.

He's replacing all the tires once the car is back from paint.

Mike.

Page 2 of 2 1 2