09/12/20 11:38 PM
09/12/20 11:38 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline OP
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline OP
Rhinotruck

Went over the TNB and got to the location for pick-up with no issues! Got there an hour early too as there was no traffic to speak of! On the way out the darn cops shut down the LIE for a funeral procession! It took me a lot longer to go back, ended up missing my exit to the 295 and took a half hour longer to get back to it. Had to go over the Cuomo bridge, didn't it used to be called the Tappan Zee? Anyway, I made it to Ohio tonight after breaking a shackle on my trailer and fixing it in a T/A parking lot, took and hour and a half, but thank goodness I had the parts... up

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Connecticut to Long Island experts needed [Re: Rhinodart] #2820148
09/13/20 08:12 AM
09/13/20 08:12 AM
White Plains, NY
VCODE Offline
top fuel
VCODE  Offline
top fuel

White Plains, NY
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Went over the TNB and got to the location for pick-up with no issues! Got there an hour early too as there was no traffic to speak of! On the way out the darn cops shut down the LIE for a funeral procession! It took me a lot longer to go back, ended up missing my exit to the 295 and took a half hour longer to get back to it. Had to go over the Cuomo bridge, didn't it used to be called the Tappan Zee? Anyway, I made it to Ohio tonight after breaking a shackle on my trailer and fixing it in a T/A parking lot, took and hour and a half, but thank goodness I had the parts... up

Jim, good for you, see it's not that bad at all. We still call it the Tappan Zee bridge. It's almost better spending a little more time going to the TZB instead of going over the GWB in my opinion.
Be careful
Bob

Mom & Dad let me buy a brand new 70 Challenger R/T 440 Six-Pack Super Trac Pack when I was 17

(Robert what is a 440 Six-Pack)
Re: Connecticut to Long Island experts needed [Re: Rhinodart] #2820151
09/13/20 08:45 AM
09/13/20 08:45 AM
Spahn Ranch
RMCHRGR Offline
top fuel
RMCHRGR  Offline
top fuel

Spahn Ranch
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I got on a parkway in CT today for about 15 miles, got off as soon as I could as just south of me was backed up for miles. Had to go through downtown New Haven, hope I never have to do that again! I am staying in Stamford, CT tonight, so 91 miles left to go in the morning, then head back west ASAP!

Aww man, I live in Stamford, wish I had seen this earlier! Not too much traffic yesterday, I actually went to the city (Queens) from Stamford, took less than an hour.

Northeast region "Parkways" always seem to get people in trouble. I've seen plenty of sardine-canned trailers on the Merritt coming in from Port Chester, NY, happens all the time. Like said above, people just blindly follow GPS and then somehow remain totally oblivious to the multitude of subsequent warnings. By the time they blow through the 11'4" sign 20 yards before the overpass they've already ignored the "No trucks on parkway" sign on the on-ramp or or the one that flashes 1/2 mile later that says low bridge ahead, turn off now.

I can guess who you went to see in Cheshire.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500
Re: Connecticut to Long Island experts needed [Re: RMCHRGR] #2820319
09/13/20 06:01 PM
09/13/20 06:01 PM
Rhinodart Offline OP
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline OP
Rhinotruck

Yep, have known Dave for years, he now has what he needs to finish the Barracuda I brought him last year. I stayed at the Super 8 in Stamford, scary place but comfortable and had no issues. Made it easy to get into LI to pick up the car. Got back home and delivered this beauty around 12:30 today, 2018 Demon in Indigo, one of only 32 and came with the $1 crate and $3 carpet and seats, LOL!

2018 Demon in Indigo.jpg
Last edited by Rhinodart; 09/13/20 06:01 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Page 2 of 2 1 2