08/21/20 06:05 PM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
[quote=rdrnr6970]I didn't like how Carlisle handeled the shows in the least during this time ,very sneeky putting money before peoples health twocents.Weve been going for years but this left a really bad taste in my mouth,dont know if well be back in the future. drive

Last time I checked this was the United States of America, and YOU'RE free to make choices on your own, if you "feared for your life" in attending Carlisle you could have just stayed home and cowered in the basement... or were you kidnapped and dropped off in the middle of the show field? and if attending Carlisle "left a bad taste in your mouth" you did not contract any of the scamdemic virus as you obviously still have your sense of taste [/quote

Fixed it for you

https://www.kaplaninternational.com/blog/your-vs-youre-grammar-comics-2

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: kcarfanatic] #2811848
08/22/20 08:43 AM
08/22/20 08:43 AM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline
Your #1 source for current events
rdrnr6970  Offline
Your #1 source for current events

NJ
I didnt attend any carlisle shows this year,between all the videos,pictures etc...ive seen enough.Ive worked in medicine for 32 years and i know what im talking about.Not trying to argue with anybody.Just trying to clarify my position.I hope eveyone is ok and please stay safe. drive

OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS.....5TH GENRAMS.COM... 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: rdrnr6970] #2811851
08/22/20 08:56 AM
08/22/20 08:56 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline OP
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline OP
"Little"John

PA.
They had more about this on our news last night and for sure some “dirty pool” was played. They had the couple that run the Butler Parts Arama on for an interview and had all the statistics listed. Acres, average of people attending, number of show days, etc, and it’s pathetic what went down. Then they tried to get answers out of Governor Wolfs puppet and she didn’t want to talk about it. I hope someone goes down for what went on.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: rdrnr6970] #2811860
08/22/20 09:47 AM
08/22/20 09:47 AM
Lebanon ,PA in the Susquehanna...
70Challengerse Offline
master
70Challengerse  Offline
master

Lebanon ,PA in the Susquehanna...
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
I didn't like how Carlisle handeled the shows in the least during this time ,very sneeky putting money before peoples health twocents.Weve been going for years but this left a really bad taste in my mouth,dont know if well be back in the future. drive

What, Are you the clean up boy? You dont seem smart enough to be anything else,,, And no one cares if you come back.... wave

Last edited by 70Challengerse; 08/22/20 09:48 AM.
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: 70Challengerse] #2811871
08/22/20 10:32 AM
08/22/20 10:32 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Chrysler Carlisle had well over 2000 cars. Vender & spectator numbers were off some. Iwent and had a great time. My pit bike allowed me to get around with my bum ankle that is metal To metal.

IMG_0126.jpg

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: hemi-itis] #2811974
08/22/20 03:38 PM
08/22/20 03:38 PM
Dysart,Pa.
K
kork340 Offline
kork340  Offline
K

Dysart,Pa.
The news isn't saying everything. Carlisle was 2 days into Spring Carlisle when Lavine tried to sue to shut it down. Levine heard the judge running the case said if the Governor can march with protestors then I don't see why these guys can't have their swap meet. Levine dropped the case and settled out of court because had it gone to trail the state would have lost and that would have opened the flood gates to every county suing the state and most likely winning. Most of the county fairs had been canceled months before. Johnstown canceled Thunder in the Valley in March I believe, and that is huge for Cambria and Blair counties. More should have sued and maybe other events would take place.

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: NANKET] #2812030
08/22/20 07:08 PM
08/22/20 07:08 PM
NW/Indiana - Chi town
ricomondo Offline
top fuel
ricomondo  Offline
top fuel

NW/Indiana - Chi town
Originally Posted by NANKET
Thanks Carlisle Events, The show was great! Best thing I did all summer. Considering EVERYTHING out here is cancelled, so far.

I would have to agree. I don't have a dog in this fight; from the standpoint that I do not live in PA, and therefore was not subject to the numerous events being cancelled. But, I did attend with a car for the first time and I had a wonderful time and I'm glad my best friend and I went. It was important for me to attend as it was the 50th anniversary of the 1970 model year and I wanted to show my TA in the special display area. 50th only comes around once and I felt safe at the Carlisle event and while in town.

If you think shady deals were made, come out to my neck of the woods where Cook, Co. (aka Crook County, Illinois) is only an hour away. backdoor deals are the rule rather than the exception in Illinois politics.

I'm glad the event went on as scheduled and I hope the vendors and swap sellers made $$$.

My friend and I roomed together and ate together the whole weekend. No ill effects. Also shook hands with countless people I just met or old friends I happened to see along the way. Washing my hands when possible, using hand sanitizer and masking up when required; just not on the showfield.

GY3 71 Demon 340
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: ricomondo] #2812479
08/24/20 08:45 AM
08/24/20 08:45 AM
Keymar, MD
DusterKid Online content
top fuel
DusterKid  Online Content
top fuel

Keymar, MD
Not really sure what all went on behind the scenes, but I'm not surprised. The whole virus lockdown crap is bs. Yes there' a virus, yes people are dying from it, but is it any worse than the flu? I'm not a doctor, but I think the whole lock down is a political control BS. If it was the case that Carlisle bought their "freedom" to operate it just confirms what I've said from day 1 with the virus. If the virus is as bad as they claim, why not lock EVERYTHING and EVERYONE down for 2 weeks. It would completely eliminate it and than life can go back to "normal". Rant over.

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: DAYCLONA] #2815853
09/01/20 12:29 PM
09/01/20 12:29 PM
milwaukee
superbird Offline
enthusiast
superbird  Offline
enthusiast

milwaukee
Dam glad i went! Seen old friends had great time already looking forward to next year !

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: kcarfanatic] #2815865
09/01/20 01:25 PM
09/01/20 01:25 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by kcarfanatic
I didn't like how Carlisle handeled the shows in the least during this time ,very sneeky putting money before peoples health twocents.Weve been going for years but this left a really bad taste in my mouth,dont know if well be back in the future. drive

X2 Couldn't have said it better. Those Millers are nothing but money hungry ---------, you fill in the blank, and don't expect Ed Buzesski to chime in on any of this. .

I don't know any more than what's already been reported. I wasn't in the courtroom. All I can tell you is that we had a plan to open and run our events as safely as possible with regard to COVID-19. We've had that plan in place since March. When we got sued by the PA Department of Health, we presented that plan to the judge and the case was settled later that day. We made a LOT of changes and if you were at any of our events, you saw those changes. "Those Millers" are just trying to run their business...like every other business during this time. I'm sorry if that offended some of you but I don't really know what else to say.

Ed

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: cudaboy340] #2816006
09/01/20 09:05 PM
09/01/20 09:05 PM
God's Country Maryland
GODSCOUNTRY340 Offline
top fuel
GODSCOUNTRY340  Offline
top fuel

God's Country Maryland
Have we learned anything from the video? Sign a confidential agreement and no-one can talk about it, ask all the questions you want and get no answers from either side, pretty smart thinking there.

I love the smell of Deer guts in the morning, it smells like... VICTORY!
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: GODSCOUNTRY340] #2818087
09/07/20 09:51 AM
09/07/20 09:51 AM
S.E.Ohio
Magnumguy Offline
I Live Here
Magnumguy  Offline
I Live Here

S.E.Ohio
I attended, had a good time, didn't get sick, but hey.

I fee like what one stated, don't feel safe, stay away, not worrying about it? Then attend.

I'm saddened in one way how the world has shut down, I always thought the old, ill and feeble should be quarantined. LIke any virus/flu/name of choice, let it run it's course. IMHO.

Like anything, using common sense and caution is the best. I've worked (Advance AP) since this whole thing started. Nobody in our store got it. We handle money, parts, etc. And better than half the staff is middle-aged and up.

"Multiple Magnum owner since 1978!!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146952895354657/
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: Magnumguy] #2818120
09/07/20 11:24 AM
09/07/20 11:24 AM
CO
R
Redbird Offline
super stock
Redbird  Offline
super stock
R

CO
A lot of people, myself included, did not go this year.

We were not cowering at home, we just found something else to do.

One of the real dangers for shows like these is that people will find something else to do permanently.

I will say the that the two shows I miss the most is/are Fall Hershey and Back to the 50's in St. Paul.

I saved a bunch of money this year not going to shows, and I had a very good summer.

I believe that we'll be lucky if a vaccine is widely available by next summer.

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: cudaboy340] #2818145
09/07/20 12:34 PM
09/07/20 12:34 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by cudaboy340

X2 Couldn't have said it better. Those Millers are nothing but money hungry ---------, you fill in the blank, and don't expect Ed Buzesski to chime in on any of this. .

I don't know any more than what's already been reported. I wasn't in the courtroom. All I can tell you is that we had a plan to open and run our events as safely as possible with regard to COVID-19. We've had that plan in place since March. When we got sued by the PA Department of Health, we presented that plan to the judge and the case was settled later that day. We made a LOT of changes and if you were at any of our events, you saw those changes. "Those Millers" are just trying to run their business...like every other business during this time. I'm sorry if that offended some of you but I don't really know what else to say.

Ed

Why would some (a minuscule few) try to call you out on this is beyond any reasonable thought process, your doing your job as you've always done, just with a few detours thrown in by the State, the scandemic virus policies have gotten out way of hand for individuals/businesses, I applaud you, "Those Millers", and the rest of the Carlisle crew for what you do, had you guys just "folded up tent" and went into cowering in your basement for the year, people would be condemning Carlisle Events for that kind of action as well, it's a no win situation, damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing, I'm sure it pleased all the enthusiast that attended, that Carlisle continued on with it's commitment that the "show must go on"...

Mike

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: DAYCLONA] #2826719
09/30/20 12:30 AM
09/30/20 12:30 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
R
roadrunnerh Offline
roadrunnerh  Offline
R

Pittsburgh, PA
I had a great time at the Chrysler show this year! Thank you Carlisle Productions!
I am actually on here to see if anyone is going to the Fall Carlisle.

Harry
1968 Road Runner
1975 Scamp
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: roadrunnerh] #2826856
09/30/20 12:23 PM
09/30/20 12:23 PM
On the open road
Hrtbkr Offline
super stock
Hrtbkr  Offline
super stock

On the open road
2X on having a great time!
The Chrysler Nationals is a great show!
I registered at this year's show for next year.
drive

While outside on the turnpike They got this new hit tune Where thrills become as cheap as gas And gas as cheap as thrills
Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: DAYCLONA] #2827055
09/30/20 07:48 PM
09/30/20 07:48 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by cudaboy340

Ed

Why would some (a minuscule few) try to call you out on this is beyond any reasonable thought process, your doing your job as you've always done, just with a few detours thrown in by the State, the scandemic virus policies have gotten out way of hand for individuals/businesses, I applaud you, "Those Millers", and the rest of the Carlisle crew for what you do, had you guys just "folded up tent" and went into cowering in your basement for the year, people would be condemning Carlisle Events for that kind of action as well, it's a no win situation, damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing, I'm sure it pleased all the enthusiast that attended, that Carlisle continued on with it's commitment that the "show must go on"...

Mike

Spot On MIke... These people saying "Carlisle" put them at risk are fools. THEY had a choice Stay Home or Go. They could wear masks and social distance thier choice. These are the same people who have been piling indoors in Home depot, Lowes, Walmart etc with-out a complaint.. While I did not sell there this year I was happy to walk around and spend $$$ for the ones who were.

Re: Carlisle car show on the news [Re: QuickBpBp] #2827161
10/01/20 12:01 AM
10/01/20 12:01 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
So how many people went to Carlisle and got the Shanghai Shivers?

Why are we (some people) mad about Carlisle happening? You should be mad about all the stuff that's been cancelled by Kim Jung Wolf.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Page 2 of 2 1 2