08/08/20 11:27 AM
08/08/20 11:27 AM
South Bend
John Brown Offline
top fuel
John Brown  Offline
top fuel

South Bend

I did parts for over 30 years. Had one store owner offer me a position with a sliding percentage depending on sales volume. I asked him why he wanted to hire someone that would only give their all if they were paid extra, and why he wouldn't pay for experienced parts help that could do the job day in and day out without f-ups. Needless to say, I didn't take the job and the guy never contacted me again.

I could go on about parts sellers and dealerships that front load their costs. Those are only accounting tricks to make it look like the dealers aren't screwing the sales force on their percentages.

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: dart4forte] #2806525
08/08/20 11:31 AM
08/08/20 11:31 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline OP
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline OP
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
To sum it up, im not up on current dealer practices and I bought the part off ebay from a dealership. I had thought maybe my local guy could sell it to me cheaper because I "Thought" there was some sort of dealer network where if they didnt have the parts it was easy for them to get them, sorta like if one napa didnt have it they could get it from another store, clearly its not like that. My ignorance.

Im not going to dog the dealership as I live in a very rural area, the dealer is in a town of 3k and the guy probably was family or part owner. I got the whole "I tried ebay and couldnt make a dime, some buy these parts by the truckload, ect..." and that was a fine explanation. But I really wasnt expecting the attitude, but hes just human. Ive even bought a new two year old car from his lot.

I still feel that when im spending my money im smart to shop around and ive that right to do so.

At the end of the day he couldnt sell me the part cheaper so I didnt buy from him, now if I NEED a part from his dealership one day I will buy it.

So im learning, and really if id not of thought "buy local" id of saved myself grief.

My rural area of America is about 50 years behind the curve of the rest of society. Thats both good and bad.

Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
I just called two more, they cant even come close. Or wont try.

This dealer is also a ebay seller. GREAT prices vs others. (link below)

https://www.quirkchryslerdodgejeepram.com/

So, yea im still buying from a dealer, a dealer who wants to sell parts.

Im sorry if I feel I have the right to price shop and buy from who gives me the better deal on a equal part.

GRRRR>>>>>>>

Who’s this dealer, make him famous.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: SattyNoCar] #2806526
08/08/20 11:32 AM
08/08/20 11:32 AM
new berlin wisconsin
M
Mr T2U Offline
master
Mr T2U  Offline
master
M

new berlin wisconsin
Originally Posted by Satilite73

Looks good in theory, but in reality, how many would actually do that?

i don't order parts over the phone so i can't vouch for 100% of what they do.
at the new VW dealership i work at i guess we do pretty much everything described with the exception of up selling some parts. i do know if there is a note in the computer for suggested parts needed with the part they try to sell you those parts also.
we have 3 parts people at the satellite location of the main store. all 3 have been here for over 30 years. i think we are the location you get when you call the 1-800 number.
they price match all the time for verified prices on OEM parts. they will price match on most CAPA certified parts also. i do know if they can make a certain % of profit on the entire sale they will sell some parts parts at a loss.

perception is 90% of reality
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: Mr T2U] #2806539
08/08/20 12:01 PM
08/08/20 12:01 PM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile

Between Houston & Galveston TX

My only experience with an incentive program was at my last job where I sold house paint.

When they started the program, it didn't have strict guidelines, just based on 'overall' sales. When it worked too well, they started breaking it down and being more specific on what needed to be sold to get the incentive. Then they changed what type of customer you could get incentive off of.

And so forth and so on.

Basically, after two years, with the constant changes making it more difficult (if not impossible) to reach incentive, everyone pretty much gave up trying.

Other big issue for us was that we couldn't price match, and any discounts had to go thru upper management which were always too busy to take phone calls. How do you justify to a customer why they should spend more (a LOT more) for a product when our competitor down the street sells the same thing for cheaper?

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2807569
08/11/20 08:02 AM
08/11/20 08:02 AM
Frederick, MD
71charger Offline
top fuel
71charger  Offline
top fuel

Frederick, MD
I've bought a lot of parts from dealers off the internet because my local stores are just too high.

Quirk, Airpark, and Steve White are three I can think of off the top of my head where I have gotten original Mopar parts at fair prices.

Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: 71charger] #2811553
08/21/20 12:14 PM
08/21/20 12:14 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline OP
Half Baked
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Just to add to another good place, two more things ive needed Ive found on amazon, real chrysler parts with free shipping, saved $204 on just one item this week vs ebay and the online chrysler outlets.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2811636
08/21/20 02:45 PM
08/21/20 02:45 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Well there Mr. Super Intelligent.....

If one mopar dealer can sell me the mopar part for X amount, the next one could to if he felt like it.

Im sure the MOPAR DEALER that sold it to me for $239 shipped is making something off it and shows hes a bit more together then my local guy is.

Originally Posted by jcc
Im needing a lower engine cover for a newer mopar, can get from a ebay mopar dealership for $239 to my door.

So I thought, hmmm maybe my local dealer can do better, so I called, $277 plus tax. He looked up the $239 deal and said hed match but more in tax.

I mentioned the online price to my door, and asked if he could give me a reason to buy his, like $20 cheaper then online since its 60 miles round trip to get it.

Old county boy blew up on me, "I cant sell parts and not make a F----n dime off them"

I was like, OK snarky dude, time for the ebay purchase. And I got told "I WAS THE PROBLEM" click.
eek
Huh?

That's "snarky"? eek

I'd say blunt, likely honest, and not what you wanted to hear.

Maybe you should have said in the beginning, "I don't care if you don't make a f..,,,n dime off my purchase"? eyes

I bow the to the Ultra intelligent, must be be all warm and fuzzy when you know everything eyes laugh2

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: jcc] #2811650
08/21/20 03:08 PM
08/21/20 03:08 PM
Shopping @ HoBo Fright
340SIX Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin
340SIX  Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin

Shopping @ HoBo Fright
It is the Dealer what else can ya say. They will and can do whatever they can getg away with.
Last time my wife brought her car in for a recall.
They said we can do the oil and filter while ya here cheap.
I Think It was to try and get her to keep coming back.
So she says yes.
Anyway she sees no dipstick when she gets the car back. As she looks for leaks and dipstick.
They look and can not find it. So they say do not worry parts will have one. So she looks on. Nope none in stock. So the deck looks around and steals one from a car getting serviced.
They gave that car back without one instead!
My wife called the 1 800 number and told them and never went back there ever.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2812092
08/22/20 09:40 PM
08/22/20 09:40 PM
DemonDuster Offline
DemonDuster  Offline

What in the farmer did you expect ? The internet has wrecked his business model, CHEAPSKATE, lmao!

Last edited by DemonDuster; 08/22/20 09:47 PM.

Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: DemonDuster] #2812094
08/22/20 09:46 PM
08/22/20 09:46 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline OP
Half Baked
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
I cant bring up politics here but I can say I work for my money, not on the gov. dole and therefore as a consumer I can buy from whom I wish.

Maybe id do better if I bought cars and parts from overseas shruggy

A sad day imo when a guy gets dogged for trying to get the best deal possible.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: Snarky Mopar Dealer [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2812103
08/22/20 09:58 PM
08/22/20 09:58 PM
DemonDuster Offline
DemonDuster  Offline

His deal was not that bad. ? ? Silly response to silly post ? ? TAXES SUCK ! Gov, sucks for sure too. Brick and Motar retail sucks . ( I have been a retailer and a cheapskate too myself, takes one to know one.)

Page 2 of 2 1 2