07/30/20 12:20 PM
07/30/20 12:20 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
But on a serious note, Neil ya ever might think that some dont ask tech questions because many wont answer the question?

Its either what they have done or telling you not to spend your money your way. Weather a certain type cam or using an iron head, hard to get good answers at times when one states there PLAN and others dont embrace that persons vision but rather try to alter it.

Originally Posted by Neil
We should be able to vote people off the island who don't contribute to the site in some fashion. wave

Gone 6 months without answering a tech question? Gone!

Gone 6 months and done nothing but try to start fights with everyone else? Gone!

Last edited by Mr. Potatohead; 07/30/20 12:21 PM.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2802887
07/30/20 01:05 PM
07/30/20 01:05 PM
Eagle, Idaho
Neil Offline
The Doctor is in.
Neil  Offline
The Doctor is in.

Eagle, Idaho
Yes, some questions can be easily answered with the search function as they have been asked many times. Those who have answered those same questions before are probably thinking "great, this question again" and just may be not in the mood to go there.

Some questions have no single right answer, but multiple answers that work and that's when the my way is best bickering starts.

I can think back years ago when there where a handful of people on here that came here to argue with others and nothing else. Those people made a lot of other good people bail on this site and their knowledge went with them. Those are the types that should be encouraged to behave better or leave.

Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: Neil] #2802921
07/30/20 02:20 PM
07/30/20 02:20 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
Trying to help out a few Moparts members. I have 100 distributor rotors that I paid 5,00 a piece for. Moparts special 57.50 each

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: pittsburghracer] #2802923
07/30/20 02:23 PM
07/30/20 02:23 PM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
laugh2

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: pittsburghracer] #2802945
07/30/20 03:06 PM
07/30/20 03:06 PM
Western Md.
skicker Offline
"The Champ"
skicker  Offline
"The Champ"

Western Md.
Let me guess... tsk
shipping is extra and Flat rate at 19.95 each... rant

...FAFO...
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2802988
07/30/20 04:50 PM
07/30/20 04:50 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Which one might you be in that vid JCC in your fantasy world?

Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
I like Doc.
Compared to about 90% of the others here, he has personality.
There are some real dullards on this site. Guys with far more smarts than humor. Doc is funny. There is value in that.
Intelligence is great but sometimes it is nice to be entertained.
I've spent most of my life surrounded by people that are slow to get the joke, clueless to sarcasm and just plain boring
I try to seek out people that are fun to be around.

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrIc1SlA7O8

biggrin

Man, I can't with you figure out where the serious ends and the fantasy starts, its only a movie clip, make of it what you will, nothing I can share here will change anybody's preconceived viewpoints, unless that is preconceived on my part, and I'm open to changing that, I think. eyes

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: jcc] #2802993
07/30/20 04:54 PM
07/30/20 04:54 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Dont worry, some day they will beam us all back up to the mother ship. smile

Originally Posted by jcc
Which one might you be in that vid JCC in your fantasy world?

Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
I like Doc.
Compared to about 90% of the others here, he has personality.
There are some real dullards on this site. Guys with far more smarts than humor. Doc is funny. There is value in that.
Intelligence is great but sometimes it is nice to be entertained.
I've spent most of my life surrounded by people that are slow to get the joke, clueless to sarcasm and just plain boring
I try to seek out people that are fun to be around.

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrIc1SlA7O8

biggrin

Man, I can't with you figure out where the serious ends and the fantasy starts, its only a movie clip, make of it what you will, nothing I can share here will change anybody's preconceived viewpoints, unless that is preconceived on my part, and I'm open to changing that, I think. eyes

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: skicker] #2802998
07/30/20 05:13 PM
07/30/20 05:13 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by skicker
Let me guess... tsk
shipping is extra and Flat rate at 19.95 each... rant

And one free "Mr GREED" sticker with each purchase. LOL

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2803102
07/30/20 09:36 PM
07/30/20 09:36 PM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Offline OP
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Offline OP

No disrespect to others, but I dont get the whole concept.

You dont like what one says so you shut them off. Im combative as hell and I have none on ignore. What happened to the old get in the ring and fight school of thought?

Reminds me of the weak minded youth of today.

I had to write this to my nephew to get him to call me last week.

"Dont know why you dont answer my texts, this is some of the most foolish bs ive seen in my life. Since when are we a bunch of diaper wearing [censored]." Last word being F--ks.

I know folks here are OLD, im old but not too old to still crack open some heads when needed.

It may sound odd, but this is the very reason why I do like your posts (and dare I say have respect for the author?). Not that you're wanting to crack skulls, but because you don't pussyfoot around. A guy I used to work with (and became friends with) was as subtle as a boot to the head, but there was never any doubt where you stood with him, or how he felt about something. It turned a lot of people off, but I loved it and found it kinda funny how he could make millennials squirm (oh, he was 68 at the time)

I don't have the desire to fight everyone, so, just easier to ignore. Gotta choose your battles, no?

beer

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: SattyNoCar] #2803106
07/30/20 09:54 PM
07/30/20 09:54 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
I don't have the desire to fight everyone, so, just easier to ignore. Gotta choose your battles, no?

Gotta choose your battles, no? Very True.

I actually thought my confrontational days were over until I got the goods on my cat killing neighbor killing my cats. I approached him with more respect then he deserved BUT neighbor stuff can get stupid and out of hand real fast.

Which goes back to, Gotta choose your battles, Yes?

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: SattyNoCar] #2803113
07/30/20 10:14 PM
07/30/20 10:14 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Satilite73

You dont like what one says so you shut them off. Im combative as hell and I have none on ignore. What happened to the old get in the ring and fight school of thought?

"Dont know why you dont answer my texts, this is some of the most foolish bs ive seen in my life. Since when are we a bunch of diaper wearing [censored]." Last word being F--ks.

I know folks here are OLD, im old but not too old to still crack open some heads when needed.

It may sound odd, but this is the very reason why I do like your posts (and dare I say have respect for the author?). Not that you're wanting to crack skulls, but because you don't pussyfoot around. A guy I used to work with (and became friends with) was as subtle as a boot to the head, but there was never any doubt where you stood with him, or how he felt about something. It turned a lot of people off, but I loved it and found it kinda funny how he could make millennials squirm (oh, he was 68 at the time)

beer

The problem is, this forum should not IMO be just a version of survival of the fittest, meaning those intimidated by fear or bravado, should not be self censoring because they are adverse to getting slammed for speaking their piece. The problem is the above protection, does not apply IMO when being just arrogant, or outright stupid ( to be blunt), or inciteful. This forum does not work well for EVERYONE's interest if it just becomes an internet cage match. It might be entertaining, and not boring, but I think many here have higher goals, and we all know of other sites that have devolved to meet those needs, and so be it. Those that can't face the claim here of maybe being arrogant, stupid, or inciteful, etc, should utilize the ignore button as they see fit. They know best what criticism/scrutiny their ego will allow.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2803116
07/30/20 10:19 PM
07/30/20 10:19 PM
SattyNoCar Offline OP
SattyNoCar  Offline OP

Cat killers (ANY animal abusers) deserve a special place in hell. Hopefully legal action has been taken. Maybe he'll get covid and die a slow death.

Anyway.......

Back to my friend.

As I said, we worked together for awhile. He had gone on vacation, and during a slow time at work we decided to text him and ask if he missed us at work. We got the following picture texted back with a big HELL NO underneath it. laugh2

[Linked Image]

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: jcc] #2803354
07/31/20 04:11 PM
07/31/20 04:11 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville

I actually agree with alot of that JCC, this... but I think many here have higher goals, and we all know of other sites that have devolved to meet those needs, and so be it.

Ya got to remember the core of this site is for gear heads, and yes of all types.

99% here would be cigarette smokers and youd be in the 1% cigar smoker group

At the same time if I really wanted the "Baller" drama, this isnt the place for the real hard core.Many other sites for that too.

Sorry to go off topic, but I recently read an article on Drive (said car guys) and it wasnt mopar friendly, then I looked at thee staff page, go figure. I wasnt shocked then.

So I guess we all just got to try to get along here.Or not.

Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Satilite73

beer

The problem is, this forum should not IMO be just a version of survival of the fittest, meaning those intimidated by fear or bravado, should not be self censoring because they are adverse to getting slammed for speaking their piece. The problem is the above protection, does not apply IMO when being just arrogant, or outright stupid ( to be blunt), or inciteful. This forum does not work well for EVERYONE's interest if it just becomes an internet cage match. It might be entertaining, and not boring, but I think many here have higher goals, and we all know of other sites that have devolved to meet those needs, and so be it. Those that can't face the claim here of maybe being arrogant, stupid, or inciteful, etc, should utilize the ignore button as they see fit. They know best what criticism/scrutiny their ego will allow.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: For the first time ever since joining Moparts...... [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2803382
07/31/20 06:17 PM
07/31/20 06:17 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
pOtO agreeing with haySEAsee ? ... whistling laugh2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4