N
NANKET Offline
master
NANKET  Offline
master
N

northwest USA
Originally Posted by jcc
Bottom line, nobody gives a crap whether anybody else feels "normal" attending Carlisle and not wearing a mask vs the usefulness of those feeling not "normal". Only person that does, is oneself. Typical "its all about me" sign of the times. Excluding the even hint of humility that one feels "normal" they might just be very lucky or asymptomatic, not overlooking the fact we are approaching in the US nearly 150,000 dead. Carlisle must be a real fountain of health, not one reported headache, sore back, fever, cough, sore throat in the whole bunch. Wonder if the reporting of not "normal" here is a similar timeline to member "Feets" disclosing his COVID diagnosis awhile back?

Seems like YOU don’t give a crap about it because YOU weren’t there, which is good! You are a prime example of the “all about me” mentality. So no thanks for your input, very much not worthwhile to the subject. Please crawl back under your rock.

Of many friendly folks that were there no reports of any virus symptoms. Which is good. Thanks for the thread.

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: azmopar] #2801710
07/27/20 12:48 PM
07/27/20 12:48 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Originally Posted by azmopar
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by azmopar
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Never touched a mask at the show except for going into the Carlisle store to buy the 2020 van diecast, wore one at Walmart and a bar I went to they required it when walking in the door but not afterwards. I feel the same as normal, but that doesn't necessarily tell me anything... realcrazy

please define your version of normal?? up whistling

Doctors can't even define that with me... punkrocka

so like Sheldon? your mother had you tested? grin

Pretty much, I just moved my 91 year old mother from her house in Arkansas to a senior living facility in Missouri and she told me to get tested, so I told her I did... whistling

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: Rhinodart] #2801716
07/27/20 01:13 PM
07/27/20 01:13 PM
SE Wisconsin, USA
RP's R/T's Offline
super stock
RP's R/T's  Offline
super stock

SE Wisconsin, USA
myself and my group (5 of us in total from 3 different states) all have been fine.
Took generally accepted precautions (masks in buildings, wash your hands, maintain some level of distance...although there are a few close talkers out there)

I took the past 2 weeks away from work (worked at home) for the benefit of my co-workers who might freak out knowing I left the state.

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: azmopar] #2801726
07/27/20 01:35 PM
07/27/20 01:35 PM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
Under the Moparts Tent there were a very few that had masks on

I put a mask on for the motel check in ( 15 min ) but no other time on the trip

BUT i was social distanced under the Moparts Tent , everyone was spread out at least the 6-10 feet

The whole group I was with no virus outbreaks

I did wait 13 days when I got back , before I visited my 90 year old mother

BUT with the NEW rules in place since going to Carlisle ( PA ), if I were to go to PA now CT would require a 14 day self quarantine

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T
1971 Challenger Conv. 511/4 speed
1970 Challenger R/T 503/727

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: NANKET] #2801728
07/27/20 01:40 PM
07/27/20 01:40 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by NANKET
Originally Posted by jcc
Bottom line, nobody gives a crap whether anybody else feels "normal" attending Carlisle and not wearing a mask vs the usefulness of those feeling not "normal". Only person that does, is oneself. Typical "its all about me" sign of the times. Excluding the even hint of humility that one feels "normal" they might just be very lucky or asymptomatic, not overlooking the fact we are approaching in the US nearly 150,000 dead. Carlisle must be a real fountain of health, not one reported headache, sore back, fever, cough, sore throat in the whole bunch. Wonder if the reporting of not "normal" here is a similar timeline to member "Feets" disclosing his COVID diagnosis awhile back?

Seems like YOU don’t give a crap about it because YOU weren’t there, which is good! You are a prime example of the “all about me” mentality. So no thanks for your input, very much not worthwhile to the subject. Please crawl back under your rock.

Of many friendly folks that were there no reports of any virus symptoms. Which is good. Thanks for the thread.

I don't give a crap about those that only care about themselves, if you can comprehend that.

Thanks for your "input". laugh2

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: moparts] #2801760
07/27/20 02:54 PM
07/27/20 02:54 PM
Western Md.
skicker Offline
"The Champ"
skicker  Offline
"The Champ"

Western Md.
... down

Last edited by moparts; 07/27/20 06:22 PM.

...FAFO...
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: jcc] #2801765
07/27/20 02:57 PM
07/27/20 02:57 PM
northwest USA
N
NANKET Offline
master
NANKET  Offline
master
N

northwest USA
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by NANKET
Originally Posted by jcc

I don't give a crap about those that only care about themselves, if you can comprehend that.

Thanks for your "input". laugh2

Seems you don’t give a crap about anything/anybody else so why post on this thread it’s not about you.

It’s about checking in with others who got out to the show to experience life.

I fully comprehend where your coming from, and it sucks!

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: skicker] #2801768
07/27/20 03:01 PM
07/27/20 03:01 PM
South Bend
John Brown Offline
top fuel
John Brown  Offline
top fuel

South Bend
Originally Posted by skicker

A fricken men.

Anyone here that hasn't driven over a hundred miles per hour without a helmet and lived to tell about it?

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: John Brown] #2801849
07/27/20 07:25 PM
07/27/20 07:25 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
I do have a Corona case to report from Carlisle. shock

We had coolers at the AAR & T/A Reunion tent.

We provided the coolers, ice and water and they were there for anyone to use.

When I went to drain my cooler for the drive home Sunday afternoon, I opened it up and discover Corona, 18 bottles!

No idea who left it behind, and truth be told it was not a full case of Corona........ but 18 bottles is not bad.

I will make sure every Corona atom is eliminated and returned to the earth in a natural way. beer

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2801858
07/27/20 07:50 PM
07/27/20 07:50 PM
Brookville Pa
C
crowbait Offline
super stock
crowbait  Offline
super stock
C

Brookville Pa
Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA

When I went to drain my cooler for the drive home Sunday afternoon, I opened it up and discover Corona, 18 bottles!

No idea who left it behind, and truth be told it was not a full case of Corona........ but 18 bottles is not bad.

I will make sure every Corona atom is eliminated and returned to the earth in a natural way. beer

laugh laugh

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2801902
07/27/20 09:03 PM
07/27/20 09:03 PM
It's beer:30 somewhere
adventurer Offline OP
super stock
adventurer  Offline OP
super stock

It's beer:30 somewhere

beer

77 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd SWB
78 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd Utiline
90 Dodge D150 SWB 2wd 318fi 4speed
60 Desoto Adventurer 2dr
67 Dodge Dart Gt Conv. 273 4bbl
04 PT Cruiser GT Turbo
14 Ram R/T
"Life's to short to drink cheap beer."
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2801915
07/27/20 09:55 PM
07/27/20 09:55 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA

And we all appreciate your supreme sacrifice for the betterment of us all! up Gene

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: poorboy] #2802118
07/28/20 12:17 PM
07/28/20 12:17 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by poorboy

And we all appreciate your supreme sacrifice for the betterment of us all! up Gene

Barry, just be sure you aren't playing with those magnets when engaging in, um, the "returning to earth" action after devouring a bunch of those bottles ! whistling laugh2
beer

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: jcc] #2802134
07/28/20 01:41 PM
07/28/20 01:41 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by jcc

So are you disappointed nobody is reporting in sick? Hey, the OP posted a question - you went to Carlisle - how are you doing? We are certainly not seeing a trend of anybody getting sick here, like it or not.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2802136
07/28/20 01:50 PM
07/28/20 01:50 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.

Corona Cat.png

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2803208
07/31/20 09:38 AM
07/31/20 09:38 AM
NW/Indiana - Chi town
ricomondo Offline
top fuel
ricomondo  Offline
top fuel

NW/Indiana - Chi town
Attended Carlisle with my best friend and roomed with him. Talked with a bunch of folk while I showed my TA, sold some parts to some members that I brought with and shook hands with many people throughout the weekend. Only wore the mask when required; inside the Carlisle store and upon entry into the restaurants and hotel, then I took it off.
So far both of us are fine and to our knowledge not showing any symptoms. Had a great time!

GY3 71 Demon 340
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: ricomondo] #2803248
07/31/20 11:47 AM
07/31/20 11:47 AM
NJ
EV2RTSE Offline
super stock
EV2RTSE  Offline
super stock

NJ
My brother and I were there for Friday & Saturday selling parts, we camped out there, used the showers there, etc. Both fine. Only wore masks for about 5 mins. Had a great time, and people were buying!

Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: EV2RTSE] #2803596
08/01/20 09:17 AM
08/01/20 09:17 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
R
roadrunnerh Offline
roadrunnerh  Offline
R

Pittsburgh, PA
My wife and I were there Fri-Sun. It was a blast. No Covid here.

Harry
1968 Road Runner
1975 Scamp
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2803598
08/01/20 09:31 AM
08/01/20 09:31 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by jcc

So are you disappointed nobody is reporting in sick? No, and that seems to be a rather negative perspective/conclusion IMO Hey, the OP posted a question Yes, "So I am curious. To all those that attended Carlisle this year. Did you or anyone in your group end up with the virus?"- you went to Carlisle - how are you doing? No he asked if you ended up with the virus We are certainly not seeing a trend of anybody getting sick here, That's scientific or anecdotal? like it or not. Best to try not to guess what I like, just man up and ask me

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: 2 Weeks post Carlisle [Re: jcc] #2803986
08/01/20 10:15 PM
08/01/20 10:15 PM
The Garden State
LimelightCuda Offline
enthusiast
LimelightCuda  Offline
enthusiast

The Garden State
I attended Carlisle with a friend. We shared a room. We met four other friends at the hotel (they had their own rooms). Two of those people were ages 80 and 83.
We wore masks when required. My friend and spent most of the show without a mask. To date none of us have any symptoms. I can’t with absolute certainty say we don’t have it because we haven’t been tested. However, I seriously doubt any of us are asymptomatic.

I am so glad I went especially since the Nationals in Ohio got cancelled. These are my two favorite shows. I really needed something fun to do and I immensely enjoyed the show. It was over all too soon.

Phil

Phil

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe
1970 A66 Challenger Convertible
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3