USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by 360view

after more than healthy years around chemicals that dry out skin [before i knew better or wised up] i discovered wd40 works very well to restore my cracked hands. it also softens the skin, and being a chemical, it probably isn't good for me. laugh2
beer

Omega-3 oils (aka Fish Oil)
Is a major component of
(W)ater (D)isplacing -40th attempt spray solution
a product developed to dry out rocket wiring.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2779483
05/29/20 02:26 PM
05/29/20 02:26 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
A reasoned argument that COVID-19 deaths are either too high or too low:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/05/29/us_covid-19_death_toll_is_inflated.html

Sample quote

There are financial incentives that might make a difference for hospitals and doctors. The CARES Act adds a 20% premium for COVID-19 Medicare patients. Birx and others are also concerned that the CDC’s “antiquated” accounting system is double-counting cases and inflating mortality and case counts “by as much as 25%.” When all these anomalies are added up, it becomes apparent that we simply don’t have an accurate death toll from this new coronavirus. But it seems clear that the correct rate is just a little worse than the rate for the 2017-2018 flu.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post, New York Times, and others claim that we are undercounting the true number of deaths. They reach that conclusion by showing that the total number of deaths from all causes is about 30% greater than we would typically expect from March through early May. They then conclude that the excess is due to deaths not being accurately labeled as due to the coronavirus.

End quote

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2779487
05/29/20 02:38 PM
05/29/20 02:38 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
360 TMI. shruggy

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2779492
05/29/20 02:51 PM
05/29/20 02:51 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by moparx

after more than healthy years around chemicals that dry out skin [before i knew better or wised up] i discovered wd40 works very well to restore my cracked hands. it also softens the skin, and being a chemical, it probably isn't good for me. laugh2
beer

Omega-3 oils (aka Fish Oil)
Is a major component of
(W)ater (D)isplacing -40th attempt spray solution
a product developed to dry out rocket wiring.
devil

WD-40.jpg
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2779643
05/29/20 11:18 PM
05/29/20 11:18 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
My country in Pa has had around 58 cases of Coronavirus as of today. Our almighty Governor is letting use go to green stage next Friday. Same with the Pittsburgh area 35 minutes les from me. Our eastern counties are stuck on yellow for now. Starting next Friday restaurants can seat up to 50%, movie theaters 50%, haircuts with reservations, and up to 250 people gatherings.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2779652
05/30/20 12:07 AM
05/30/20 12:07 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
My country in Pa has had around 58 cases of Coronavirus as of today. Our almighty Governor is letting use go to green stage next Friday. Same with the Pittsburgh area 35 minutes les from me. Our eastern counties are stuck on yellow for now. Starting next Friday restaurants can seat up to 50%, movie theaters 50%, haircuts with reservations, and up to 250 people gatherings.

I saw that on the news today and noticed that Green has been redefined again...
It doesn't mean back to normal or even close to it anymore... now it's Green = back to 50% or less.
Also gatherings of 250 or less when Green is a long way from "Event crowd Status".
The York State Fair scheduled in "July this year for the 1st time" has now been canceled until 2021.
I bet they wished they had left it in Sept where it was for 100yrs.

On a side note... if new Covid cases don't jump up big time the next 2 weeks in all the cities rioting... Then Governors everywhere are going to have a hard time saying people can't gather in Amusement & Ball Parks, and large outdoor Event gatherings in general. Especially if people standing elbow to elbow rioting, & throwing water & beer that they have been drinking on everyone else in the area.... doesn't spread Covid.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2779654
05/30/20 12:22 AM
05/30/20 12:22 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only

Here

He must have been informed of the negative press he's been getting. In my area its a lot of "maybe in a couple of weeks". I have worked non-stop 6 days a week thru this including in 2 of the biggest hospitals in the state regularly, they are mostly idle outside of the remaining covid people. Nothing will be different 2 weeks from now - no vaccine, no virus gone, no more therapeutics than we have now - so why the wait?. The only thing 2 weeks from now is you are throwing us a bone for being good little people.

I have driven to Pittsburgh every Memorial Day for the last 6 years for a nice vacation. I hope everything I love there has been able to survive.

Last edited by DirectSubjection; 05/30/20 12:24 AM.

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2779682
05/30/20 09:05 AM
05/30/20 09:05 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Runner2go

I saw that on the news today and noticed that Green has been redefined again...
It doesn't mean back to normal or even close to it anymore... now it's Green = back to 50% or less.
Also gatherings of 250 or less when Green is a long way from "Event crowd Status".
The York State Fair scheduled in "July this year for the 1st time" has now been canceled until 2021.
I bet they wished they had left it in Sept where it was for 100yrs.

On a side note... if new Covid cases don't jump up big time the next 2 weeks in all the cities rioting... Then Governors everywhere are going to have a hard time saying people can't gather in Amusement & Ball Parks, and large outdoor Event gatherings in general. Especially if people standing elbow to elbow rioting, & throwing water & beer that they have been drinking on everyone else in the area.... doesn't spread Covid.

So what behavior exactly in your eyes spread COVID then pre rioting?

Are you thusly implying, if there is no outbreak in two weeks, COVID has flown the coop?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2779686
05/30/20 09:14 AM
05/30/20 09:14 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Online rolleyes
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Online Rolleyes
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Our Almighty Governor Pritzker has lost some court cases and been threatened by the President, so he has released the churches..............

https://wfilnews.simdif.com/page-30...V0j0pkYv_OxsYRx33MmGpBVjr_Vkcu6Zl7JbQyFg

Master, again and still
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2779689
05/30/20 09:23 AM
05/30/20 09:23 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Peoplespharmacy interview this morning with Dr Dale Bredeson had a lot of information.

Bredeson is an expert on Dementia and he expressed his concern that the nonfatal mini-strokes being seen upon autopsy of COVID-19 victims may mean that survivors may be more prone to dementia and Parkinson’s disease afterwards.

He also talked about the role of Zinc and Copper in the Immune system, among many other subjects.

Bredeson recommends eating “colorful” foods that contain “flavonoids.”

The most common flavonoid in the US diet,
Quercetin,
is getting a clinical trial in Canada/China to see if it helps treat COVID-19.
This is mentioned in two previous posts in this thread.
In animal studies in Canada 4000 mg per day of Quercetin has treated Ebola virus, Marburg virus and Hepatitis C virus

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/art...our-brain-during-the-pandemic-and-beyond

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2779737
05/30/20 12:58 PM
05/30/20 12:58 PM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Originally Posted by jcc

Are you thusly implying, if there is no outbreak in two weeks, COVID has flown the coop?

He is not denying close proximity spreads the virus. What the rioting and opening process is going to tell us in two to three weeks is just how far it has spread through the population asymptomatically already. Maybe we've reached a level of herd immunity that keeps it in check. Maybe the warming weather will also have an affect in keeping numbers down. Or maybe we'll have another outbreak. Either way, we're going to find out soon.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: MarkZ] #2779742
05/30/20 01:08 PM
05/30/20 01:08 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Local farms supplied milk and milk products to hand out to our church so I and about 30 other members met up at the local shopping plaza where we had permission to line up cars for distribution. I arrived an hour early to help line up cars and an hour later our whole box truck was emptied. We are going to try to do this at least two more times in the future as everyone seemed extremely grateful.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2779745
05/30/20 01:11 PM
05/30/20 01:11 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by jcc

Did you toss that one out there just to be contrary??? shruggy

The "POWERS THAT BE" told us a million times that:
"IF YOU DON"T FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING, YOU WILL GET COVID"
Well "The "Rioters" sure as hell are NOT following Social Distancing guidelines in any shape or form. Other than the usual mask wearing to hide their identity... but half of them weren't even doing that. Plus drinking from a water bottle, & then deciding to "toss the remaining water at cops"... isn't exactly germ free activity. eyes

So yes.... if there is not a big jump in those area's, then one of 3 things is likely occurring.
1) Covid doesn't spread the way we've been told, and they destroyed the economy for nothing.
2) Covid is still out there, but has mutated into something that doesn't spread as easily, or is less deadly now.
3) Covid doesn't effect young people period... and they should have been at work & in school the whole time.

The riots have been without a doubt the LARGEST & densest gathering of people in each of those cities, since covid began. You would have to be a complete idiot not to look at it as a good "real time" test of the Social Distancing Guidelines theory. And whether or not it still applies in warm weather.

And for those that want to toss beach & boardwalk openings out there as equivalents... I have not seen a single pic of a beach or boardwalk with people standing shoulder to shoulder & belly to butt 100 people deep.

Although any Home Depot & Lowes probably have similar distancing to the looters inside the Target.
At least looters carrying a 65" TV out the door have to maintain 3' of distance while dragging it home. whistling

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2779774
05/30/20 02:19 PM
05/30/20 02:19 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
............ 3 things is likely occurring.
1) Covid doesn't spread the way we've been told, and they destroyed the economy for nothing.
2) Covid is still out there, but has mutated into something that doesn't spread as easily, or is less deadly now.
3) Covid doesn't effect young people period... and they should have been at work & in school the whole time.

1) Who is they?
2) Perhaps, regionally may be different mutations??
In northern CA a family gathering in rural Covelo resulted in several cases and just recently a Church gathering in a nearby town (to Covelo) resulted in several more cases. This in a county that had few cases prior to those events. Unfortunately some from the Church spread cases into an adjacent county. Virus appears to be viable yet in rural nor cal where there are yet few cases outside the clusters
3) I'm not sure about this as data is showing many yet get the virus, effects may appear later in life. Then there are those the die. These inclusde some that are younger and even young. It's been noted some did not have preexisting conditions.
I give this info not to counter, but 1) curious, and 2,3) to provide lregional info.

In California the past 5 days have seen cases higher than ever, this as there is great rumbling to re-open all sorts for activities.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2779784
05/30/20 03:17 PM
05/30/20 03:17 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
I am curious as to who sets the guidelines for the businesses and such. Masks, distances, one way aisles and all of that. Is it the CDC? If not, who then? Governors ?
I ask because all I seem to see is some people blindly trusting someone above them that doles out the mandates. Nobody is questioning anyone?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: MarkZ] #2779787
05/30/20 03:41 PM
05/30/20 03:41 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by MarkM
Originally Posted by jcc

He is not denying close proximity spreads the virus. What the rioting and opening process is going to tell us in two to three weeks is just how far it has spread through the population asymptomatically already. Maybe we've reached a level of herd immunity that keeps it in check. Maybe the warming weather will also have an affect in keeping numbers down. Or maybe we'll have another outbreak. Either way, we're going to find out soon.

I think the flaw in this theory is that it appears that many of the rioters (at least in Minnesota) are from out of state, and will likely have returned back to their home states within a week or so, since the number of guardsmen to defend the cities are increasing greatly.

So, it will be difficult to contact trace, except for those who have been/will be arrested. Perhaps somebody should be compiling stats on the arrested rioters to determine the percentage of those who test positive for COVID-19 in the next two weeks...

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2779791
05/30/20 03:46 PM
05/30/20 03:46 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by srt
............ 3 things is likely occurring.

1) Who is they?
work
In 1) They = Government, and in 3) they = young people...
I thought that was very apparent... with "they" being in the same sentence and all..

whistling
2) Perhaps, regionally may be different mutations??
Very possible & likely... SARS mutated itself out of existence in about 14months.
In northern CA a family gathering in rural Covelo resulted in several cases and just recently a Church gathering in a nearby town (to Covelo) resulted in several more cases. This in a county that had few cases prior to those events. Unfortunately some from the Church spread cases into an adjacent county. Virus appears to be viable yet in rural nor cal where there are yet few cases outside the clusters
3) I'm not sure about this as data is showing many yet get the virus, effects may appear later in life. Then there are those the die. These include some that are younger and even young. It's been noted some did not have preexisting conditions.
I give this info not to counter, but 1) curious, and 2,3) to provide lregional info.
The riots aren't "data"... but they will make for a very nice observational study

In California the past 5 days have seen cases higher than ever, this as there is great rumbling to re-open all sorts for activities.
Bet they tested more people than ever too...
And likely include Anti-body positive tests as "New Cases", like all the other Blue States are doing

My main point was...
If the cities with riots don't see a massive uptick in infections during the next few weeks, after all that close contact. Then Wolf is going to have a hard time arguing that people in PA buying parts & looking at cars at Carlisle are going to cause a major outbreak.... That is, unless they take said purchased parts, and throw them at the nearest Cop and burn a few cars... at which point they will be considered rioting, and Corona immune. whistling

So if riots don't spread Corona, then we should be good to go for Carlisle in 6wks.
As of right now, going Green in PA means you are still limited to gatherings of no more than 250.
Hopefully if riots do not yield more cases, that 250 number can be upped significantly.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2779810
05/30/20 04:51 PM
05/30/20 04:51 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
High number of patients with severe COVID-19 develop deep vein thrombosis

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/202...elop-deep-vein-thrombosis/4171590761951/

Sample quote

Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, occurs when a blood clot forms in a "deep" vein -- typically form in the thigh or lower leg. These clots can travel to the arteries in the lungs, causing a condition called pulmonary embolism, the French researchers noted.

Up to one in four people with serious illness from COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, develop a pulmonary embolism, researchers have found. The condition can cause breathing difficulties, low oxygen levels in the blood and lead to death.

For their study, the French researchers reviewed data on 34 COVID-19 patients at their hospital. The patients were, on average, roughly 62 years old.

In all, 15 of the 34 had diabetes and 13 suffered from high blood pressure, the researchers reported. People with these conditions are considered at high risk for serious illness and death from COVID-19.

Only one of the 34 patients was on anti-clotting medication prior to being admitted to the hospital with COVID-19, according to the researchers. Still, 26 were treated with norepinephrine for the management of heart complications related to COVID-19 at hospital admission and 16 required prone positioning -- lying chest down -- for lung or breathing support.

Both steps are recommended by the World Health Organization for adult patients with severe COVID-19.

DVTs were found in 22 patients at admission and in 27 patients, or 79 percent, in venous ultrasonograms performed two days after admission to the ICU. The JAMA Network Open report did not include information on how many of these patients ultimately survived.

End quote

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2779815
05/30/20 05:07 PM
05/30/20 05:07 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Super-spreaders

https://www.france24.com/en/20200530-covid-19-super-spreaders-risk-causing-second-waves

Sample quote

However, a team from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine estimated that 80 percent of infections are caused by only 10 percent of carriers.

End quote

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2779819
05/30/20 05:35 PM
05/30/20 05:35 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Runner2go I posed those not as being ignorant really want to know others feelings.
For more than a couple weeks I've felt "they" think we are blind lemmings. They play ignorant, victimized, tricked, and even violated.
We entrust our leadership to be prepared, on the ball and ready to respond. I see disorganization, deflection and a complete lack to provide any semblance of general Welfare.
I do not feel it too late for them (they) to get their heads together and get prepared for a) a second wave or 2) recovery plan. Why isn't any one doing this now?

Page 91 of 136 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 135 136