USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by 360view
Mainland Chinese claim their COVID-19 vaccine shows good result in first 108 volunteers:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-human-trial-covid-vaccine-safe.html

haha That's funny. "Volunteers". No gunstuff on Moparts...

I would not be surprised if we later learn from multiple eyewitnesses that the vaccines were tested on political prisoners who were later executed and their organs harvested.
If your party is intent on creating a paradise on earth for workers,
but first willing to starve more than 10 million in a famine when enough food was actually available,
send teenagers with red bandanas to throw people off the tops of buildings,
and lie about suffering 500,000 casualties in a four month war with the North Vietnamese Army,
then generally nothing that is publicly stated surprises me.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2777317
05/23/20 10:15 AM
05/23/20 10:15 AM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by srt
Not a wanna be mod here, please don't kill this informative thread.
There are all sorts of views, biased reporting, etc. Here, with keeping it more about factual info can we see the dimmed lights of reality.
Thinly veiled can deliver what pounding keys without killing this. I think many here can read between the rhetoric.
While there is plenty of blame from all corners of the world, we are all in this together and pulling together is the only way to get through this.

Agreed. So I will reword the question that wasn't answered...What could the federal government have done, done differently, and/or not done to have caused fewer lives to be lost, fewer people infected and/or reduced the overall effects of the Chinavirus? What could they have done a better job at to assist the states with what they were up against?

So we are allowed to talk politics? Sounds like it, as there are many political posts in this thread.

OK, I'll say first off that I'm glad it's not my job to be a top politician at any level trying to handle a pandemic and having to make the tough decisions that will affect everybody's life in one way or another (or end their lives in some cases). During my lifetime, what is happening now is unprecedented. So, how would you react faced with something like this and watching what was happening around the world and knowing that it was coming your way? Common sense would seem that you would be watching carefully, talking with the leaders of other countries that were going through it, coming up with a solid plan for the entire country to follow, and making sure that all equipment/supplies were in place and ready to be sent off to the states as needed, since nobody really knew where it would hit first or fastest. The first choices would have been those states with the busiest international airports, and the largest, most dense population centres. On the medical side of things, there could have been some action put in place to prepare hospitals around the country for what was coming, through education, access to the supply inventories that would have been currently being built up, etc.

I wouldn't want that job, but clearly I'm not qualified to do it. It would require somebody who would be able to understand the threat, and then activate all those people in their organization who have expertise in each field. A job like this takes many hands and many varied levels of expertise, and it takes somebody who is an excellent manager, who knows the strengths and weaknesses of their personnel and their departments, and doles out the tasks based on that knowledge. It would take somebody who recognized the severity of the threat and knew that they had to act quickly and effectively to (A) minimize the health effects on their people who look up to them for leadership, and (B) to understand that if they stopped it quickly and took appropriate steps, then they would minimize the damage to the economy.

So I'm not really in a position to judge, but IMHO, calling the disease a hoax, and suggesting treatments that have been proven by the scientific community to cause more harm than good wasn't helpful. Lots of time was wasted in that tomfoolery. But like I said, I wouldn't want the job. I'm not qualified.

Another point that perplexes me somewhat is how everything is just run like the wild west. Perhaps I just don't understand how the system works, but it seems like feds and states don't really have any connection other than the feds have the authority to pull the country together and force the states into some kind of action, but overall it just seems like the states are left on their own to do things however they want to - like there's no cohesiveness there whatsoever. Like the dad who lets all his kids run wild in the backyard, occasionally yelling at one or two of them if they do something they don't like. I really don't understand it, but I hate politics anyhow, so I've never bothered to get a deep understanding of it. From my experience in how corporations are run, however, a corporation that had no leadership or cohesiveness would likely go out of business unless they had such a strong market that they could be totally dysfunctional and still be in the black.

Just my 2¢. I really feel the pain of everybody out there who is being hit by this. I personally have been very lucky in that I can still work, and have been able to stay away from this damn virus. Stay healthy and safe everybody... there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2777320
05/23/20 10:25 AM
05/23/20 10:25 AM

6_pack_runner
Unregistered
6_pack_runner
Unregistered

Mr. President has done a fantastic job

On being at the helm for the past 9 weeks while nearly 100,000 Americans died kinda of "fantastic".

Well I laid out some of the things I think he did right, much of it at the behest of some of the bumbling, fumbling governors. Closing the borders while Ms Pelosi was down in Chinatown hugging and kissing everyone while yelling racism. Getting private businesses on board making PPE and equipment after the Chinese embargoed stuff. Bypassing regs and red tape, invoked war powers act to get stuff done. Driving hospital ships to NY harbor. Signed that ridiculous, pork laden relief bill. Not sure what he could have done or not done differently.

Much of this was left up to the governors, which I agree with. Sadly some of them have turned out to be agenda driven boobs who think they are running some dictatorship and can order people to sit home for months on end. And for the most part, he has allowed them to act like the clowns that they are.

What could Mr.T have done or not done differently to save lives? Declared Marshall Law? Put Fauci in charge? Nuked China? Put himself in charge of CDC and NIH? How many would have died if he had sit on his thumbs and not done what he has?

So he signs what you call a ridiculous relief bill....and he "allows" them to act like clowns....and you can't imagine a Single thing he could have done differently.....and the things you say he did right, you acknowledge was at the order/command (behest) of the governors, who you call bumbling and fumbling.......wow, you don't even realize how contradicting your statements are.......

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: ] #2777326
05/23/20 11:00 AM
05/23/20 11:00 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
We're heading into a "holiday weekend". The virus won't be taking any time off and it may likely enjoy unlimited access to new hosts via hosts that may not know they are affected. The surge in business afforded by the mini-throngs of people oblivious to dangers floating on the breeze has the potential to be the last cash injection some of the recipients will see in awhile. I hope that many people will enjoy the holiday at their home enjoying bbq and back yard games with a small circle of family and maybe friends that truly "have others backs".
I've enough experience in the past several weeks when I went to the stores on 5 or 6 occasions watching many others exhibit no respect for others. The worse example: a quick trip to the lumber yard an elderly woman masked up and a very obese late 50's woman (the type in stretch pants) walked fast to the door before me, I hung far back as they inched to a crawl and stopped in the doorway looking back and forth for a basket and a "mobility cart" baskets were far off to the right of the door and the elderly woman said well I can get by without it as the mobility carts have a basket, she disapeered into the store as the heavy loman stood blocking entry. It was a terrible sight and exchange with the masked clerk at the door offering a mask and gloves to the woman whom would not take either a good 2 minutes later the elderly woman rode up on the mobility cart and changed places with the obese, then it was her turn to interact with the clerk asking "did I hear you have masks and gloves" clerk says yes for people needing them and I see you are equipped. By now I have an elderly man standing on my heels and he's making comments and I offered to the clerk that it would be better for her station to be just a little further from the door, or, could she direct people to the opposite side of her so as to not cause a back up as created.
I entered holding my breath until I got well past the two ladies whom stopped less that 10 feet inside the door fumbling through some items on a revolving rack.
I mentioned to the manager (whom I know) that he ought to improve access and move displays far from the entry doors. He thought the idea great and after I checked out noticed two workers doing just that.
There are a lot of very challenged people out there. Appears challenged to potentially harm themselves or others.
All I needed was a sack of special cat food they carry.
Be careful out there guys....

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2777354
05/23/20 12:35 PM
05/23/20 12:35 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by srt
We're heading into a "holiday weekend". The virus won't be taking any time off and it may likely enjoy unlimited access to new hosts via hosts that may not know they are affected. The surge in business afforded by the mini-throngs of people oblivious to dangers floating on the breeze has the potential to be the last cash injection some of the recipients will see in awhile. I hope that many people will enjoy the holiday at their home enjoying bbq and back yard games with a small circle of family and maybe friends that truly "have others backs".
I've enough experience in the past several weeks when I went to the stores on 5 or 6 occasions watching many others exhibit no respect for others. The worse example: a quick trip to the lumber yard an elderly woman masked up and a very obese late 50's woman (the type in stretch pants) walked fast to the door before me, I hung far back as they inched to a crawl and stopped in the doorway looking back and forth for a basket and a "mobility cart" baskets were far off to the right of the door and the elderly woman said well I can get by without it as the mobility carts have a basket, she disapeered into the store as the heavy loman stood blocking entry. It was a terrible sight and exchange with the masked clerk at the door offering a mask and gloves to the woman whom would not take either a good 2 minutes later the elderly woman rode up on the mobility cart and changed places with the obese, then it was her turn to interact with the clerk asking "did I hear you have masks and gloves" clerk says yes for people needing them and I see you are equipped. By now I have an elderly man standing on my heels and he's making comments and I offered to the clerk that it would be better for her station to be just a little further from the door, or, could she direct people to the opposite side of her so as to not cause a back up as created.
I entered holding my breath until I got well past the two ladies whom stopped less that 10 feet inside the door fumbling through some items on a revolving rack.
I mentioned to the manager (whom I know) that he ought to improve access and move displays far from the entry doors. He thought the idea great and after I checked out noticed two workers doing just that.
There are a lot of very challenged people out there. Appears challenged to potentially harm themselves or others.

As scared as you are of this and it’s consumed your whole life and you stopped at the store for one bad of special cat food. My I suggest making a list and that way when you come out of your shelter but enough for several weeks. Maybe get two or three bags of special cat food.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2777355
05/23/20 12:39 PM
05/23/20 12:39 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by srt

Oh and by the way you are one of the most arrogant people I’ve seen in a long time. Obese, elderly, very obese, etc. your judgement day will be coming. Think about it.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2777360
05/23/20 12:48 PM
05/23/20 12:48 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
No comment about the rambling, run on sentences?
haha

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2777362
05/23/20 12:49 PM
05/23/20 12:49 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by 360view
It is an “accident of history” that my father assigned me the chore of mowing the Wilson family graveyard and then my grandfather vividly telling me what the 1918 Spanish flu was like at Camp Zackary Taylor. In 1957 there was a H2N2 pandemic and Sputnik, but I was taught far more about Sputnik.... important bits of it false. I paid mild attention to SARS, but was interested that it was the human body’s mistaken “cytokine storm” that killed, not the virus.

Terrorists are watching and learning.

I am glad we have 50 laboratories of democracy.

Utah, Florida, Tennessee seem to have done better than
New York, Michigan and Kentucky. Timing and the luxury of seeing the devastation on the horizon coming likely played a big part in the difference of your comparison. Of course one had to promptly recognize, and admit that potential, in order to act timely, and in some cases, those in charge did.

From now on each new President should require the equivalents of Dr Fauci and Dr Birx to write a twenty page personal statement of knowledge on what are the long term health effects and unknown and changing daily estimates of TOTAL death rate consequences of economic lockdowns, beyond the particular disease that caused the lockdowns. There has never been a modern lockdown like this so it should be studied in depth and peer reviewed.

President Woodrow Wilson did a really bad job of what actions were taken in 1917 to 1919. I disagree, excluding the fact Wilson had only held any elected office maybe 20? months before becoming President, and was trying to with great division in this country to keep The US out a war at the time called "The War to End All Wars", which included poison gases, unlimited submarine warfare, trench warfare, machine guns, tanks, etc and he was later on in the years mentioned opposed on nearly every front by a partisan Congress opposition seemingly jealous of the tremendous legislative success and public support he had in is early days in office.
He paid a terrible personal price, too. Maybe politically in the hindsight of history, but not sure for the reason of Spanish Flu, his health seemed more impacted by the byzantine personal negotiating of the Treaty of Versailles and the failure of the US to participate in the League of Nations.

This thumbnails Wilson's legislative track record fairly well: https://www.woodrowwilsonhouse.org/domestic-policy-achievements

We seem to often disagree on historical perspectives, nothing wrong with that, we just must be reading/studying different reference books.

Last edited by jcc; 05/23/20 05:48 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2777368
05/23/20 01:09 PM
05/23/20 01:09 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
British say COVID-19 virus has some as yet unknown trick to knock down the normal level of human immune system T-Cells:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52754280

Sample quote

It involves scientists from the Francis Crick Institute, King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital.
They have looked at immune cells in the blood of 60 Covid-19 patients and found an apparent crash in the numbers of T-cells. Prof Adrian Hayday from the Crick Institute said it was a "great surprise" to see what was happening with the immune cells. "They're trying to protect us, but the virus seems to be doing something that's pulling the rug from under them, because their numbers have declined dramatically.
In a microlitre (0.001ml) drop of blood, normal healthy adults have between 2,000 and 4,000 T-cells,
also called T lymphocytes.
The Covid patients the team tested had between 200-1,200.

snip

This research has also provided insight into the specific ways in which this disease interacts with the immune system, which Prof Hayday says will be vital as scientists around the world look for clinically valuable information.
"The virus that has caused this completely Earth-changing emergency is unique - it's different. It is something unprecedented."
"The exact reason for this disruption - the spanner in the works of the T-cell system - is not at all clear to us.
"This virus is really doing something distinct and future research - which we will start immediately - needs to find out the mechanism by which this virus is having these effects."

End quote

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2777371
05/23/20 01:16 PM
05/23/20 01:16 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Interesting, but why has it taken this long to detect and disclose a T cell decline of those infected with COVID?

Even a layman would find it suspicious at the onset, or was I just not paying attention since February?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2777389
05/23/20 04:04 PM
05/23/20 04:04 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Dude, you have me all wrong, lol.
Typically don't respond to thoughtless attacks, but as you're quite the dreamer, I'll fill you in a little.
At 63 and 180#, 6'1" I work two son-in-laws under the table. But then they drink and sleep in until 9 or 10. I tend to wake the chickens up.
Our cat is a savannah cat and seldom needs food as we live in a very rural setting and she eats warm red meat she catches most nights. I've been to the store half dozen times this year and this was the first trip to the hardware store I've made this year. I keep a large inventory of most everything I need, including electrical, plumbing, irrigation, building, auto, truck and tractor parts ans consumables etc. The trip to the hardware store was special in-deed as I buy the small bag and the tail end of it goes rancid before she finishes it. She likes frsh stuff and the food is the no cereals type, all meat.Doing so, I got to see the side of people that I get the feeling you would adore. Try to not get being prepared or satisfied with arrogant. Turn on a tv and you can find that at news hour.
Have fun this weekend and let your imagination go wild about people so that you can bury your thoughts in whatever bliss you desire. Me, I'll be thinking about my relatives that served and gave the ultimate sacrifice so that people (as you and I) can speak and enjoy freedoms we're provided.
I spent my morning working the oak leaf compost pile, reconfiguring some cross fencing and did a little weeding in the garden. Played with the dogs by shaking a couple field mice out of a wood pile, and just ate leftover bbq chicken I made last night. I wish some of our family would be smart in this time that california is riding the tallest wave of corona ill and dead, so that we couplp play some horseshoes and cornhole, and enjoy whatever I get to bbq later.
P.S. I had leukemia and stem cell transplant. I don't play that card, but for you I'll explain. My immunities are not what they were nor is my stature. Before getting the C I was super fit 220, 6'2" backpacking up to 2 weeks in wilderness with up to an 85# hunting backpack fully loaded. I'm alive because I was healthy going in (at age 49). When you have a better idea who I am cast some real stones. Think about your thoughts of others and try to humble yourself. If you take exception of my relaying an actual nu-embellished occurrence, you sir need to get a hobby other than being omniscient.

Last edited by srt; 05/23/20 04:17 PM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2777415
05/23/20 05:38 PM
05/23/20 05:38 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Dang, ouch. eek biggrin

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2777429
05/23/20 06:25 PM
05/23/20 06:25 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by srt
Dude, you have me all wrong, lol.
Typically don't respond to thoughtless attacks, but as you're quite the dreamer, I'll fill you in a little.
At 63 and 180#, 6'1" I work two son-in-laws under the table. But then they drink and sleep in until 9 or 10. I tend to wake the chickens up.
Our cat is a savannah cat and seldom needs food as we live in a very rural setting and she eats warm red meat she catches most nights. I've been to the store half dozen times this year and this was the first trip to the hardware store I've made this year. I keep a large inventory of most everything I need, including electrical, plumbing, irrigation, building, auto, truck and tractor parts ans consumables etc. The trip to the hardware store was special in-deed as I buy the small bag and the tail end of it goes rancid before she finishes it. She likes frsh stuff and the food is the no cereals type, all meat.Doing so, I got to see the side of people that I get the feeling you would adore. Try to not get being prepared or satisfied with arrogant. Turn on a tv and you can find that at news hour.
Have fun this weekend and let your imagination go wild about people so that you can bury your thoughts in whatever bliss you desire. Me, I'll be thinking about my relatives that served and gave the ultimate sacrifice so that people (as you and I) can speak and enjoy freedoms we're provided.
I spent my morning working the oak leaf compost pile, reconfiguring some cross fencing and did a little weeding in the garden. Played with the dogs by shaking a couple field mice out of a wood pile, and just ate leftover bbq chicken I made last night. I wish some of our family would be smart in this time that california is riding the tallest wave of corona ill and dead, so that we couplp play some horseshoes and cornhole, and enjoy whatever I get to bbq later.
P.S. I had leukemia and stem cell transplant. I don't play that card, but for you I'll explain. My immunities are not what they were nor is my stature. Before getting the C I was super fit 220, 6'2" backpacking up to 2 weeks in wilderness with up to an 85# hunting backpack fully loaded. I'm alive because I was healthy going in (at age 49). When you have a better idea who I am cast some real stones. Think about your thoughts of others and try to humble yourself. If you take exception of my relaying an actual nu-embellished occurrence, you sir need to get a hobby other than being omniscient.

Well I hope the morbidity fat lady (you know the type that wears stretch parts) or possibly the OLD man, or the OLD lady, or possibly even the one Fumbling through the rack that displeases you doesn’t hit you over the head with their umbrella. Do you have titles for everyone you see during the day. Some people enjoy life.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2777468
05/23/20 08:10 PM
05/23/20 08:10 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
I really enjoyed leaving the area she congested.
It's the simple things people can do that can change the numbers of people that become infected and possibly die from this pandemic.She could well be one.
There are many articles about hygiene, distance and TIME.
If everyone increases personal cleanliness, wears a mask, gives other personal space and decreases the amount of time they are out and about the amount of ill and dead could have been less, and can be decreased is those simple steps are followed from here on out. It's too late for some to make changes remedying personal choices that have taken a lifetime (unless hereditary) to manifest. Nothing stops any person from taking action to insure safety of themselves or other human beings.
As far as my description, that was all facts, it would have been no different had I videotaped and posted it here. There was much room for improvement in the entire experience, so much the store manager made changes on the items he was responsible for. Human nature, got to live with it.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DAYCLONA] #2777568
05/24/20 01:01 AM
05/24/20 01:01 AM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

Oh just cut it out will ya!, truth, reality and facts have no place being discussed here... smile

You're absolutely right! beer

Truth seems to be hard to find because of the folks who obfuscate the truth to protect themselves. To wit:

Can you quantify that?

Do you comprehend the destruction being done to this country every day that it remains closed?

I imagine the opportunity cost is fewer infections and dead people.

Apologies for the "doomsday propaganda."

And do you really think your right to be able to attend Taco Tuesday trumps the collective health of American society? The Supreme Court may disagree. Now I'm no Constitutional scholar, but I'd be willing to bet I have more of a clue than protesters telling an Asian nurse to "go back to China!"

The point that is missed is that governors have had to rise to the challenge because there has been no leadership at the top.

Not even close. Air travel from China was closed late in January

Not even close. Several airlines restricted travel from China on January 31, 2020; later that day, the president announced a restriction on a federal level, but it temporarily barred entry by foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the previous 14 days, with exceptions for the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. It was not an outright closure.

Yes, it slowed the spread of the virus somewhat, but let's not call it a travel ban.

Plus, nine days before, he was quoted as saying, ""We have it totally under control." He said a similar thing a month later, adding, "Within a couple days is going to be down close to zero."

What's the number today?

The major decisions were left to the states - Idaho knows what it needs better than anyone, same with Florida, NY, etc. Governors know - or should have known - what resources they have, what they need, etc. The federal government can't be everyone's Mommy. There are things better done at that level.

Thanks to fumbling the response and unwilling to rise to the challenge that is required as a leader, he passed the buck to states eager to work with the federal government in protecting their public during this pandemic. This isn't "Mommy" @#$ (a disingenuous cop-out if there ever was one)--this is the kind of moment when the federal government uses its resources to work with the states on behalf of the American people.

That you want to politicize it by suggesting "so many governors are agenda driven drones" [sic] fails to recognize that it's governors both Republican and Democrat that feel let down by a leader unwilling to be presidential and who places politics over lives.

one governor made an executive decision to purchase virus tests from a foreign country because he wasn't getting what he needed from DC,

I wasn't aware that Mr.T was running the CDC. I thought that was being taken care of by the "experts". What I have seen is government red tape and dawdling cut through and a teaming up with private businesses to respond, get tests, equipment, and $#!^ done at a level and speed not seen since WWII. That's what has happened and I don't care if CNN and MSLSD feel the need to lie about it, or not.

We have a fragmented government response because our leaders at the top are not interested in ensuring "anyone who wants a test can get a test" despite making claims as such, not following CDC guidelines on masks, and burying a CDC report that it felt was not in line with the WH's agenda, which is another way of saying "Mr. T won't let the 'experts' do their thing." So who's got the agenda again? work

You forget, the Chinese lied and covered this up for months, allowed sick people to fly all over the world and when spit hit the fan, this virus had a real head start, We started with knowing very little about what we were dealing with just a few months ago. I think we've made fantastic, historic strides, getting things done in weeks the used to take years. Sorry if your friends at MSN are lying to you. Some of us are paying attention.

I haven't forgotten, and neither has anyone else. But what good is blaming the Chinese for subverting their response to the virus when our fearless leader is subverting ours? I have no interest in using the virus as a bargaining chip in the trade war we currently have; what I have an interest in is seeing a united response that matches the might, ingenuity, fortitude, integrity, and grace that I was led to believe my country was all about.

This is not the moment for petulant drama in the interest of an election year. It's truly pathetic.

Special thanks to those who objectively try to present the facts daily here. You are providing us a good service.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2777579
05/24/20 04:05 AM
05/24/20 04:05 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Great effort, Diego but my response to your post is simply....

No.

Last edited by Jjs72D; 05/24/20 04:06 AM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2777624
05/24/20 09:18 AM
05/24/20 09:18 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
Great effort, Diego but my response to your post is simply....

No.

Explain.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2777676
05/24/20 01:20 PM
05/24/20 01:20 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Sure, right after you post a picture of your car. This is a car forum primarily.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2777756
05/24/20 06:08 PM
05/24/20 06:08 PM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Well, this devolved into personal attacks. If you have to resort ad hominems you've lost the argument. Seriously guys, you wonder why political discourse is dead?

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: MarkZ] #2777766
05/24/20 06:51 PM
05/24/20 06:51 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
I've been following the data here in Oregon fairly closely as well as keeping an eye on WA and CA. So far Oregon has been the least impacted of the west coast states, perhaps due to the fact that we don't get as many international travelers as CA and WA. Here is a chart of the death rate over the last number of weeks.

Attached PDF document
PastedGraphic-1.pdf (58 downloads)
Attached PDF document
PastedGraphic-2.pdf (58 downloads)
Last edited by AndyF; 05/24/20 06:53 PM.
Page 84 of 136 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 135 136