J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Kippy
Florida represents one of the riskiest states to visit as of today due to their Governors lax approach to the Corona virus. You failed to supply any statistics to back that up. His loyalties seem less to his state and more to Washington. He is likely looking for a promotion has been floated As far as New Yorkers moving out of state, while im sure some may have I notice you failed to link any statistics supporting what you allege. And that proves what?
Getting back to Florida, that state has always had a large population which I may add support it through their tax dollars that travel and live there. during the cold northern winters. Many Canadians also reside there all winter long. Why not single them out as well? Because they were not a Hot spot at the time of contagion and locked down after the pandemic escalated, and in many areas, Canadians up picked and split for many mentioned reasons, like thier health care, etc.
Americans as well as foreigners travel to Florida constantly and especially in the winter, the fact that you single out New Yorkers is a fairly obvious tactic for fairly obvious reasons and it reeks of ignorance. Not sure what is so obvious. Got any statistics? So my "ignorance" includes not being able to properly read the state of issue of out of state license plates newly parked in driveways? Your quickness to call ignorance of another could easily support my use on my own unflattering comment, but that would not enhance the discussion other then inflame and maybe entertain. You aren't from or have any connection to NY, do you BTW?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2776843
05/21/20 07:57 PM
05/21/20 07:57 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
So at this point, many seem to be put off with mask wearing.

1. So is it constitutional one can be required to wear a mask?

2. So is it constitutional one can be required to not wear a mask?

2. Can a Commercial property open to the public require mask wearing?

3. Can a Commercial property open to the public require non mask wearing?

4. Does mask wearing thwart facial recognition software/accuracy?

5. Will mask wearing be discouraged by those entities that support facial recognition use?

While we are on the topic of masks:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/certain-type-n95-mask-harm-covid19-spread

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2776848
05/21/20 08:29 PM
05/21/20 08:29 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Online content
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Online Content
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA

Mr. President has done a fantastic job

On being at the helm for the past 9 weeks while nearly 100,000 Americans died kinda of "fantastic".

Well I laid out some of the things I think he did right, much of it at the behest of some of the bumbling, fumbling governors. Closing the borders while Ms Pelosi was down in Chinatown hugging and kissing everyone while yelling racism. Getting private businesses on board making PPE and equipment after the Chinese embargoed stuff. Bypassing regs and red tape, invoked war powers act to get stuff done. Driving hospital ships to NY harbor. Signed that ridiculous, pork laden relief bill. Not sure what he could have done or not done differently.

Much of this was left up to the governors, which I agree with. Sadly some of them have turned out to be agenda driven boobs who think they are running some dictatorship and can order people to sit home for months on end. And for the most part, he has allowed them to act like the clowns that they are.

What could Mr.T have done or not done differently to save lives? Declared Marshall Law? Put Fauci in charge? Nuked China? Put himself in charge of CDC and NIH? How many would have died if he had sit on his thumbs and not done what he has?

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776877
05/21/20 10:58 PM
05/21/20 10:58 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
The actions taken have only been directly correlated and timed to prop up the holy grail stock market, his self image, and image to his supporters by his messaging, nothing I have observed from any source has been "fantastic" from the top, except for the skill of the propaganda served. Even the smidgens of empathy for the suffering are grossly faked and revolting.

I am a long time believer you can't shine crap.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776878
05/21/20 11:04 PM
05/21/20 11:04 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Not a wanna be mod here, please don't kill this informative thread.
There are all sorts of views, biased reporting, etc. Here, with keeping it more about factual info can we see the dimmed lights of reality.
Thinly veiled can deliver what pounding keys without killing this. I think many here can read between the rhetoric.
While there is plenty of blame from all corners of the world, we are all in this together and pulling together is the only way to get through this.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2776879
05/21/20 11:09 PM
05/21/20 11:09 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Here's an interesting 2007 financial interpretation of a modern pandemic:

https://www.stlouisfed.org/~/media/files/pdfs/community-development/research-reports/pandemic_flu_report.pdf

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2776892
05/22/20 12:08 AM
05/22/20 12:08 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by jcc

I am a long time believer you can't shine crap.

Good point. Speaking of which, do you even own a Mopar? I don't remember reading anything technical from you except theory and opinion. I don't remember reading about any car that you own.
Back on point though, people with your bias have a deserved reputation of spitting on anything associated with this administration, often to their own detriment. If the man came out praising classic Mopars, you'd switch to Ford.
Maybe you already are a Ford guy ???

haha

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2776894
05/22/20 12:28 AM
05/22/20 12:28 AM
USA
K
Kippy Offline
Kippy  Offline
K

USA
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Kippy
Florida represents one of the riskiest states to visit as of today due to their Governors lax approach to the Corona virus. You failed to supply any statistics to back that up. His loyalties seem less to his state and more to Washington. He is likely looking for a promotion has been floated As far as New Yorkers moving out of state, while im sure some may have I notice you failed to link any statistics supporting what you allege. And that proves what?
Getting back to Florida, that state has always had a large population which I may add support it through their tax dollars that travel and live there. during the cold northern winters. Many Canadians also reside there all winter long. Why not single them out as well? Because they were not a Hot spot at the time of contagion and locked down after the pandemic escalated, and in many areas, Canadians up picked and split for many mentioned reasons, like thier health care, etc.
Americans as well as foreigners travel to Florida constantly and especially in the winter, the fact that you single out New Yorkers is a fairly obvious tactic for fairly obvious reasons and it reeks of ignorance. Not sure what is so obvious. Got any statistics? So my "ignorance" includes not being able to properly read the state of issue of out of state license plates newly parked in driveways? Your quickness to call ignorance of another could easily support my use on my own unflattering comment, but that would not enhance the discussion other then inflame and maybe entertain. You aren't from or have any connection to NY, do you BTW?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2776897
05/22/20 01:09 AM
05/22/20 01:09 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
Mr. Helpful
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by srt
Not a wanna be mod here, please don't kill this informative thread.
There are all sorts of views, biased reporting, etc. Here, with keeping it more about factual info can we see the dimmed lights of reality.
Thinly veiled can deliver what pounding keys without killing this. I think many here can read between the rhetoric.
While there is plenty of blame from all corners of the world, we are all in this together and pulling together is the only way to get through this.

Agreed. So I will reword the question that wasn't answered...What could the federal government have done, done differently, and/or not done to have caused fewer lives to be lost, fewer people infected and/or reduced the overall effects of the Chinavirus? What could they have done a better job at to assist the states with what they were up against?

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776901
05/22/20 01:48 AM
05/22/20 01:48 AM
Oregon
hooziewhatsit Offline
master
hooziewhatsit  Offline
master

Oregon
They could have invoked the defense production act, which lets them direct who makes what, how much of them, and where do they go. Then we wouldn't have had states bidding against each for PPE, doing under the radar shipments, and the feds seizing it before it got them. During a war we don't need companies to pump out a million tanks when we don't need them. We need someone at the top with the big picture view to direct resources.

Instead of thinking it will go away like a miracle, we should have spent those two months ramping everything up, possibly by using a pandemic playbook that was available.

A recent study seemed to show that if the SIP started a week earlier, it would have cut the number of deaths in half. Having a consistent lockdown strategy from the top would have helped.

Heck, if he wanted to sail into a second term, all he had to do was say "There's a virus, and it's going to be bad, but if we work together, we'll get through it. Here's the CDC who will tell us what to do:" then sit back and sign EOs to keep everything moving. Instead we got whining about how no one cared that his press conferences got such great ratings.

But anyways.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776904
05/22/20 02:08 AM
05/22/20 02:08 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
As I don't believe we can wind back the clock to how the pandemic was addressed outside our borders so look to where we (us) began.
Some of what I present is my feelings, the questions are sincere.
More info is needed to know the 5 w's on the prep and then the gathering of intel and formation and implementation of action plan.
Early on I felt it odd to allow cruise ships berth in two busy harbors. (SF and iirc Florida).
I feel current leadership team(s) were in place long enough to embrace responsibility of response plan. To cast years backward appears derelict.
The above is so muddied I don't know how we will ever know what happened. It's done.
Our system provides or restricts budget (congress appropriations to cabinets). The first two years were conducive to getting whatever was needed. I'm unaware of any pandemic prep or budget requests that were turned down. We were truly blindsided.
With hind sight, once the pandemic was realized, I believe the federal gov should have developed guidance that the states could have modeled from.
There is an air of retribution in acquisition and distribution of ppe. What really happened when orders were placed? That seems now to be resolved, barring a large up swell in cases.
Are the scientists working on the public behalf censored?
Is the flux in govt structure of the team, response and organization due to qualifications or adversarial.
Is the pandemic being addressed, or is it being managed?

I think we can all agree that little was known about this virus, we are on an educational crash course. Much of what we thought early on is changing with more case study and perhaps virus mutation that changes the target. I imagine much apprehension exists in the decision makers about the reopening trade off of lives/financial fallout.
I came across an article that may dispel some of the early assumptions of patient/victim type. It's a work in progress and now identifies different indications of risk factors thus:

Heart disease and hypertension
Smoking
Blood type
Obesity
Genetic factors

https://www.livescience.com/why-covid-19-coronavirus-deadly-for-some-people.html

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2776921
05/22/20 07:35 AM
05/22/20 07:35 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
It is an “accident of history” that my father assigned me the chore of mowing the Wilson family graveyard and then my grandfather vividly telling me what the 1918 Spanish flu was like at Camp Zackary Taylor. In 1957 there was a H2N2 pandemic and Sputnik, but I was taught far more about Sputnik.... important bits of it false. I paid mild attention to SARS, but was interested that it was the human body’s mistaken “cytokine storm” that killed, not the virus.

Terrorists are watching and learning.

I am glad we have 50 laboratories of democracy.

Utah, Florida, Tennessee seem to have done better than
New York, Michigan and Kentucky.

From now on each new President should require the equivalents of Dr Fauci and Dr Birx to write a twenty page personal statement of knowledge on what are the long term health effects and TOTAL death rate consequences of economic lockdowns, beyond the particular disease that caused the lockdowns. There has never been a modern lockdown like this so it should be studied in depth.

President Woodrow Wilson did a really bad job of what actions were taken in 1917 to 1919.
He paid a terrible personal price, too.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2777015
05/22/20 01:13 PM
05/22/20 01:13 PM
KY
65pacecar Offline
master
65pacecar  Offline
master

KY

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 65pacecar] #2777031
05/22/20 01:54 PM
05/22/20 01:54 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Anyone can survive this crap if your in decent shape... even the old.. one thing is that here in the US
we dont have all the best eating and other things.. lots of over weight issues
wave

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2777136
05/22/20 06:23 PM
05/22/20 06:23 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Mainland Chinese claim their COVID-19 vaccine shows good result in first 108 volunteers:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-human-trial-covid-vaccine-safe.html

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2777142
05/22/20 06:29 PM
05/22/20 06:29 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
So either we do believe the Chinese or dont we?

I see 10 of one and 10 of the other over the course of a day.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2777203
05/22/20 08:57 PM
05/22/20 08:57 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
Mr. Helpful
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by 360view
Mainland Chinese claim their COVID-19 vaccine shows good result in first 108 volunteers:

haha That's funny. "Volunteers". No gunstuff on Moparts...

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2777204
05/22/20 08:59 PM
05/22/20 08:59 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
[quote=360view]Mainland Chinese claim their COVID-19 vaccine shows good result in first 108 volunteers:

haha That's funny. No gun talk on Moparts.... tsk

Last edited by tboomer; 05/22/20 10:02 PM. Reason: gun talk not allowed
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: hooziewhatsit] #2777206
05/22/20 09:01 PM
05/22/20 09:01 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by hooziewhatsit
We need someone at the top with the big picture view to direct resources.

Thanks for the insight, comrade. That has never worked well.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Sniper] #2777252
05/22/20 11:30 PM
05/22/20 11:30 PM
Oregon
hooziewhatsit Offline
master
hooziewhatsit  Offline
master

Oregon
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by hooziewhatsit
We need someone at the top with the big picture view to direct resources.

Thanks for the insight, comrade. That has never worked well.

Someone at the top running the day-to-day of an entire economy? I agree, that never ends well.

Someone managing a disaster or emergency? Absolutely necessary. When I was on a fire crew, the Incident Commander had all the info, and told us where to go. We had leeway to do what we had to when we got there, but we didn't decide where to go.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Page 83 of 136 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 135 136