srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Originally Posted by srt
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
.............Is she double dipping and getting unemployment money too........

I'll ask her, ......................

It's all on the up and up. Unemployment no more cutting hair for pay. She's cutting/coloring family members hair only they pay for the chemicals only.
Glad she's doing it the right way.
Now the problem is she has many clients that are hopping mad that she won't open shop and make them look good again. She monitors the county site and when salons are re-opened she'll go back.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776322
05/19/20 11:42 PM
05/19/20 11:42 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by stumpy
You remind me of the kid that never did his homework anyway.

Doing quite well out here. I'm not easily scared either. I don't blindly follow stupid and unreasonable orders from people that obviously don't know what they are doing. To follow an idiot makes you no smarter than the idiot.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2776326
05/20/20 12:06 AM
05/20/20 12:06 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline

Here
No surprise really. Early on, like many, i was freaked by this. As time went on and it was obviously less virile than the 1 to 2 million deaths expected in the USA, and its been released half the deaths in my state were in nursing homes, I have calmed down. I touch the items i want to buy in grocery stores, my mail, parcels i get, and packaging from take out I buy without fear. I do use hand sanitizer in my car after opening up my Arbys I get in take out before I eat it just in case but I do buy food out most days of the week as I work 6 days out of 7. Arbys is soooo good. I do use a knuckle on elevator buttons tho still.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc...-on-contaminated-surfaces-153317029.html

Last edited by DirectSubjection; 05/20/20 12:07 AM.

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776336
05/20/20 12:39 AM
05/20/20 12:39 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
[quote=stumpy][quote=CMcAllister][quote=stumpy]
[qupte]Brother, I'm just about social security age and I never thought I would live long enough to see the things being done to honest, working people and business owners right now. The verbal abuse, threats, vilification and financial destruction being heaped on decent, working citizens - all of it 100% against everything the Constitution and this country has stood for. The backbone of this country being treated like garbage, being put in jail while criminals are being turned lose.This has to stop. I mean it really has to stop or it's going to get ugly.

A shutdown to protect the healthcare system from being overwhelmed, to flatten the curve, remember? That was okay with Americans, me included. It was supposed to be temporary. Not for 3 months, not until the disease was reduced to zero, which will likely never happen. Now it's being used by people with an agenda as a weapon. By judges, governors, "experts" and fake news media all over the country. Abusing people like this doesn't happen in an America I'm familiar with. I'm one little pipsqueak, but I'm not going to watch it happen without raising h3II about it.

Right On !!!! There needs to be more "stink" raised about all this; be it protest/defiance/outcry/etc. All the "dancing & singing" the media is showing isn't going to solve anything except maybe make people "forget down the road" what had happened. Without the "uproar" NOW, I dread to think what May-Lie-Next for us all.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DirectSubjection] #2776337
05/20/20 12:40 AM
05/20/20 12:40 AM
Oregon
A
AndyF Online content
I Win
AndyF  Online Content
I Win
A

Oregon
Yes that does seem to be what is going on. Canada says 80% of their virus deaths are from nursing homes. I think in the USA it is around 40%. Here in Oregon almost every person who has died has been older than 60. Many of them were in nursing homes and almost all of them had some other medical condition at the time of death. I have zero interest in catching it myself so I keep my distance and wear a mask if I'm in public but I'm not worried about it sweeping thru the neighborhood and killing everyone. Where I live I haven't even heard of anyone getting sick. None of my friends know anyone who has been sick with the virus either. My wife is on facebook all the time with her friends and none of them know anyone who has gotten sick so the infection rate is really low here.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776342
05/20/20 01:04 AM
05/20/20 01:04 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by stumpy
The order wasn't the rule of law she broke it was a legal summons issued to her. Which she tore up and ignored.

An act of "Civil Disobedience" perhaps? Great for her if that's all it entailed.
But that does have limits.
No Mask- Expose Others: NoNo
Open Shop in a Responsible Manner: OkOK

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2776351
05/20/20 01:57 AM
05/20/20 01:57 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by AndyF
Yes that does seem to be what is going on. Canada says 80% of their virus deaths are from nursing homes. I think in the USA it is around 40%. Here in Oregon almost every person who has died has been older than 60.

In Pennsylvania, the average age of death in general pre-COVID is 78.5. The average age of persons dying attributed to COVID is 79. The percentage of people dying of COVID who are in nursing homes is 70%. That means the number of people who have died in the state being attributed to COVID and not being in a nursing home is under 1400 in the state with a population of 12,500,000. Way down the top 10 list of causes of death. Not really a reason to panic for me. And the Governor still has some rural areas 100% shutdown because some local elected officials and business people called him out on his crap and threatened to open up anyway. Now he is punishing them for being disrespectful or some other "respect mah authoritah" crap.

I am not any more afraid of this than I have been in the past when it comes to the flu season. And I don't get flu shots. Vitamins, supplements, work at home rather than someplace full of sick people and I generally stay well. I refuse to live in fear of this kind of stuff. Life is too short to waste it hiding under the bed.

What I am afraid of is coming out the other side of this with everything I give a damn about being screwed up so bad it either ain't worth spit or out of business. Or Not being able to continue what I've been doing for years because no one is spending money. Or The economy trashed to the point where there is nothing left but just surviving and not losing everything. Or Having a bunch of new government agencies and nannies watching over us for our own good.

At that point, we can just say that the Chinese won.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/20/20 02:11 AM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776353
05/20/20 02:44 AM
05/20/20 02:44 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
DirectSubjection  Offline

Here
Yes that does seem to be what is going on. Canada says 80% of their virus deaths are from nursing homes. I think in the USA it is around 40%. Here in Oregon almost every person who has died has been older than 60.

In Pennsylvania, the average age of death in general pre-COVID is 78.5. The average age of persons dying attributed to COVID is 79. The percentage of people dying of COVID who are in nursing homes is 70%. That means the number of people who have died in the state being attributed to COVID and not being in a nursing home is under 1400 in the state with a population of 12,500,000. .

At least 50% in New Jersey - fact

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DirectSubjection] #2776358
05/20/20 03:40 AM
05/20/20 03:40 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection

In Pennsylvania, the average age of death in general pre-COVID is 78.5. The average age of persons dying attributed to COVID is 79. The percentage of people dying of COVID who are in nursing homes is 70%. That means the number of people who have died in the state being attributed to COVID and not being in a nursing home is under 1400 in the state with a population of 12,500,000. .

Some interesting numbers out of PA... they really make you wonder why the State was shut down.
Nursing home deaths just a tick under 70% of the total...
That is an eye opening number and rests solely on the Governors shoulders for following NY's lead... frown
But it does not tell how skewed it really is towards the old & largely retired population...

Under 45yrs old = 33 deaths ... in the WHOLE STATE of 12.5million+
Under 50yrs old = 70 deaths
Under 60yrs old = 307 deaths TOTAL << 307 primary working age people in the whole state.
Under 80yrs old = 1868 deaths << this adds in many still working 60-70, + 70-80 mostly retirees
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80yrs old to 85yrs old = 350+/- deaths in this age bracket, est...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over 85yrs old = 1979 deaths TOTAL
Over 95yrs old = 411 deaths
Over 100yrs old = 70 deaths << (I didn't even realize we had that many at 100+)

As stated above, we have a state of 12.5million & just 307 people under 60 died from Covid... More died from Flu/Pneumonia this year in the state... before they reclassified all the pneumonia cases as "probable covid". But PA closed businesses,(many for good) shut down the entire State, and kept working age people at home for Covid... Even though it had little effect on the age group containing the majority of workers, when compared to the Flu. The response clearly should have been more targeted... maybe every one over 55 stays home, and collects the bonus unemployment check and $1200 Gov check. Everyone else goes to work and tries to keep the local economy alive.

Now the governor of NJ (Murphy) says he is not going to fully open up the State until there is a Vaccine.
Glad I don't live, or own a business in NJ... (I thought PA was bad enough)

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776371
05/20/20 08:10 AM
05/20/20 08:10 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia

[quote]Tell that to cop the next time he tells you to stay in your car

The policeman is looking out for his own safety for the short amount of time we are interacting. He is not forcing me to stay home, go broke, or not make any money for 3 months. One is okay, I understand. The other would be unwarranted and definitely not be okay.

Sorry one size does not fit all. Not to go off topic, years back I was stopped in small town for not having rear taillights on my towed trailer, I disagreed with the LEO, I could see them reflected on his bumper. After giving him my DL, I popped the door to verify the taillights for myself, he ordered my to stay in the car. I said how am I going to see my taillight problem, He said "that is your problem" and gave me a ticket. Judge threw it out, when officer said they were working but "not bright" (more BS), but didn't know how bright they are supposed to be.

Weeks later, in a driving rain in same town at night, after driving thru a number of deep puddles, my, unbeknownst to me, right headlight exploded I guess from the cold rain water splashing up from behind, I got stopped in same small town, by multiple LEO's, They would not approach my vehicle, with nearby highway traffic it was hard to clearly hear what the LEO was saying from a distance thru an open window behind me, not wanting to get shot for mistakenly "going for a weapon" BS, I asked him to repeat what he ordered, "Get out of the car" . Yea, its all about LEO safety, to heck with mine. And I didn't get a ticket, I carry a spare bulb.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2776376
05/20/20 08:19 AM
05/20/20 08:19 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection

Some interesting numbers out of PA... they really make you wonder why the State was shut down.
Nursing home deaths just a tick under 70% of the total...
That is an eye opening number and rests solely on the Governors shoulders for following NY's lead... frown
But it does not tell how skewed it really is towards the old & largely retired population...

Under 45yrs old = 33 deaths ... in the WHOLE STATE of 12.5million+
Under 50yrs old = 70 deaths
Under 60yrs old = 307 deaths TOTAL << 307 primary working age people in the whole state.
Under 80yrs old = 1868 deaths << this adds in many still working 60-70, + 70-80 mostly retirees
80yrs old to 85yrs old = 350+/- deaths in this age bracket, est...
Over 85yrs old = 1979 deaths TOTAL
Over 95yrs old = 411 deaths
Over 100yrs old = 70 deaths << (I didn't even realize we had that many at 100+)

As stated above, we have a state of 12.5million & just 307 people under 60 died from Covid... More died from Flu/Pneumonia this year in the state... before they reclassified all the pneumonia cases as "probable covid". But PA closed businesses,(many for good) shut down the entire State, and kept working age people at home for Covid... Even though it had little effect on the age group containing the majority of workers, when compared to the Flu. The response clearly should have been more targeted... maybe every one over 55 stays home, and collects the bonus unemployment check and $1200 Gov check. Everyone else goes to work and tries to keep the local economy alive.

Now the governor of NJ (Murphy) says he is not going to fully open up the State until there is a Vaccine.
Glad I don't live, or own a business in NJ... (I thought PA was bad enough)

"I got my rights"

Why am I ordered to wear a seat belt? Less then 40,000 people die in a single year in the US in traffic accidents.
Highest percentage age group to die is old people.
I don't want to waste time every time I drive putting it on and taking it off.
What next, a law saying I have to flush the toilet?
This becoming a nanny state. rant
eyes

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2776381
05/20/20 09:12 AM
05/20/20 09:12 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Simple move of “less sitting, more sleeping” improves mood during pandemic

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-spent-mood.html

Sample quote

Making these subtle changes was associated with better current mood, but light physical activity also provided benefits for up to a year, the study found. While the research was conducted prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Meyer says the results are timely given the growing mental health concerns during this time of physical distancing.

"With everything happening right now, this is one thing we can control or manage and it has the potential to help our mental health," Meyer said.

As states start to ease stay-at-home restrictions, Meyer is looking at changes in physical activity and sitting time with potentially interesting results for those who regularly worked out prior to the pandemic. Preliminary data from a separate study show a 32% reduction in physical activity.
End quote

“Light activity” certainly means working on automobiles

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2776384
05/20/20 09:26 AM
05/20/20 09:26 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by 360view
Simple move of “less sitting, more sleeping” improves mood during pandemic

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-spent-mood.html

Sample quote

Making these subtle changes was associated with better current mood, but light physical activity also provided benefits for up to a year, the study found. While the research was conducted prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Meyer says the results are timely given the growing mental health concerns during this time of physical distancing.

"With everything happening right now, this is one thing we can control or manage and it has the potential to help our mental health," Meyer said.

As states start to ease stay-at-home restrictions, Meyer is looking at changes in physical activity and sitting time with potentially interesting results for those who regularly worked out prior to the pandemic. Preliminary data from a separate study show a 32% reduction in physical activity.
End quote

“Light activity” certainly means working on automobiles

I just can't fathom sitting home doing nothing, having nothing to do, getting all depressed, PTSD, mental anguish, etc, etc, does everyone's life revolve around work and being social butterflies?.... I would have loved to had a few weeks off from work to enjoy my time to pursue my projects....

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DAYCLONA] #2776426
05/20/20 12:00 PM
05/20/20 12:00 PM
North East USA
B
BIGGERED Offline
Reasonable Title
BIGGERED  Offline
Reasonable Title
B

North East USA
It is interesting that in NYC the health care, transit and EMT workers along with police and fire fighters have a lower infection rate than the general NYC population.

I wonder why that is?

TY
Kevin

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: BIGGERED] #2776446
05/20/20 12:28 PM
05/20/20 12:28 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by BIGGERED
It is interesting that in NYC the health care, transit and EMT workers along with police and fire fighters have a lower infection rate than the general NYC population.

I wonder why that is?

TY
Kevin

Have you ever been to NYC? and seen the "general NYC population never mind the general filth of some (most) areas, one trip is all you need for your answers, no wonder it the sh!thole of the "pandemic" I loathe traveling to NYC areas on business, Thankfully it's less and less as the years roll by...

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DAYCLONA] #2776461
05/20/20 12:51 PM
05/20/20 12:51 PM
St. Charles, MO
wingman Offline
Uncreative Title
wingman  Offline
Uncreative Title

St. Charles, MO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28I5WyLp15o&t=1s

You know we've entered a strange new world when Bill Maher says something that makes sense that I agree with...

Last edited by wingman; 05/20/20 12:54 PM.

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee 383 A4
1970 Plymouth Road Runner 440 FC7 (sold)
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2776470
05/20/20 01:10 PM
05/20/20 01:10 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by jcc
"I got my rights"

Why am I ordered to wear a seat belt? Less then 40,000 people die in a single year in the US in traffic accidents.
eyes

I responded with actual stats for our State...
at least what they were yesterday... PA keeps changing them up and downward
Forcing workers 17-50 to stay home over a 0.00056% death rate in their age bracket is a valid point of discussion.

And you respond with that drivel... eyes Which has ZERO comparative value to the case at hand.
May as well toss abortion stats into the mix... which would be equally as useless to this discussion.

Enjoy your life huddled up in a corner, like the kids screaming for a safe space at University of Berkeley

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776496
05/20/20 02:14 PM
05/20/20 02:14 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
As we have progressed, those things became less likely and it became obvious that the shutdown was causing more damage than the disease.

Can you quantify that?

And do you think opening things up during an uptick in cases (if not deaths--hard to say because each state is unique), while not following federal guidelines, will continue to minimize the damage of the disease [sic]?

Couple that with belligerent, agenda driven governors acting like 3rd world, banana republic El Presidentes and the sincerity and validity of the message kind of got lost.

The point that is missed is that governors have had to rise to the challenge because there has been no leadership at the top. In a normal world, our leaders would be working with governors to keep the public safe, but that's not what's going on.

I think it takes a lot of chutzpah to put the spotlight on governors without shining that beacon on DC....I mean, one governor made an executive decision to purchase virus tests from a foreign country because he wasn't getting what he needed from DC, and he kept it on the DL because he didn't want the feds to seize the shipment.

So remind me: which is the banana republic?

It's a travesty.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2776505
05/20/20 02:43 PM
05/20/20 02:43 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by Diego (not Ted)
As we have progressed, those things became less likely and it became obvious that the shutdown was causing more damage than the disease.

Can you quantify that?

And do you think opening things up during an uptick in cases (if not deaths--hard to say because each state is unique), while not following federal guidelines, will continue to minimize the damage of the disease [sic]?

Couple that with belligerent, agenda driven governors acting like 3rd world, banana republic El Presidentes and the sincerity and validity of the message kind of got lost.

The point that is missed is that governors have had to rise to the challenge because there has been no leadership at the top. In a normal world, our leaders would be working with governors to keep the public safe, but that's not what's going on.

I think it takes a lot of chutzpah to put the spotlight on governors without shining that beacon on DC....I mean, one governor made an executive decision to purchase virus tests from a foreign country because he wasn't getting what he needed from DC, and he kept it on the DL because he didn't want the feds to seize the shipment.

So remind me: which is the banana republic?

It's a travesty.

Wrong... across the board. realcrazy
Nearly every point there had been dis-proven on previous pages.

PS: Previous Admin left the Fed n95 mask supply go to near zero in '09 & never replaced it (had 7 yrs to do it)
(just tossing that out there.. plenty of articles have been written proving the fact.)
Also funny how a Union miraculously "Found" MILLIONS of Masks as soon a NY tossed out a $5/per bid.

And no sane person at the State or Fed level would tell people they can't mow their own lawn. realcrazy
Or that going out on a lake in a kayak or sail boat is OK, but a Bass Boat is somehow a Covid magnet
And no fishing from any of them... because ... you know, fish or fishing poles must give you covid. eyes
No sane person would force Nursing homes to accept people with a highly infectious disease, but multiple Governors did just that.
How about roping off Rest Stops so truckers couldn't sleep on the safe lots... guess who did that!
Or having lone surfers yanked out of the water by unmasked & ungloved cops...
because again... there's covid out in them there waters.

Point being there is a lot more blame to go around at the State level.
Especially since it was the States themselves that kept pointing to the fact that this is a Republic & "they" have final say what goes on in their own state.
That is until fan, then it was suddenly the Feds fault for decisions that they made themselves....

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2776506
05/20/20 02:44 PM
05/20/20 02:44 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by jcc

"I got my rights"

eyes

I don't think there should be helmet or seat belt laws either. That's different from whether I believe you should use one or not.

1 gallon per flush toilets you have to flush 4 times. Great idea.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Page 81 of 136 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 135 136