PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by srt
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
.............Is she double dipping and getting unemployment money too........

I'll ask her, she's coming by for a visit in the yard for my B Day. All her childhood she learned and lived integrity, she should know right from wrong.
She married a snake in the grass type guy that takes advantage of every angle. I don't think about screuuing others or my neighbors (govt) and never gave it any thought.
I believe any income has to be reported and I've already talked with her about not taking care of her future by not reporting all cash income and under-reporting /paying social security. Told her I didn't want to see herliving in a tin can in a park in her waning years.

Great job giving her the heads up on social security. My buddy did transmissions work in his shop and he had to know it was going on but she under reported earnings on their W2 every year like many do. Now he’s 64 collecting around 400.00 a month social security and two bad knees and he still does transmissions, carry in only. Because he has to.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2776154
05/19/20 03:04 PM
05/19/20 03:04 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
I think someone PICKED the wrong model.

So which expert do we blame for crashing the economy, 30M unemployed, businesses ruined, homes lost? And what repercussions will he face?

What do you people not recognize about RULE OF LAW.

An Executive or Emergency Order is not law. It wasn't submitted and voted on by the state legislature. In PA " the Governor may issue, amend and rescind executive orders, proclamations and regulations which shall have the force and effect of law." That is different from being A LAW. It is intended to grant the Governor temporary powers and authorization to do what he feels is needed to deal with a disaster, emergency, It is NOT - at least in PA - open ended and BY LAW is supposed last no longer than 90 days. In addition, "The General Assembly by concurrent resolution may terminate a state of disaster emergency at any time. Thereupon, the Governor shall issue an executive order or proclamation ending the state of disaster emergency." This has not been pursued, yet.

It is not intended to be used to punish political opponents and jurisdictions that overwhelmingly voted against them, provide favors to political supporters, or act out their little dictator fantasies. Wolf, Pritzker, Whitmer, Cuomo, Beshear, Newsom, et.al, are not El Presidente for life, POTUS, Dear Leader or anything resembling autocratic rulers.

Over the past 2 1/2 months, the Governors of different states have used their powers in different ways. Some have been sympathetic to their citizens - not overbearing bullies acting like little dictators - and are getting their states back in business ASAP. Because they know that's whats best for the state and the people who live there. Others are on a little power trip - petulant little bullies taking full advantage of the moment to show everyone who's boss.

Make no mistake. There is a group of like minded people in this country who for 3 1/2 years have ignored everything except for their obsession with reversing the last national election. They see this as the last best opportunity to change their fortunes this November. They have done whatever damage they felt they needed to and will do WHATEVER it takes to accomplish their agendas, including 30M unemployed and a crashed economy. We are witnessing this in action. That is the 600# gorilla in the room.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/19/20 03:19 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776155
05/19/20 03:16 PM
05/19/20 03:16 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
The order wasn't the rule of law she broke it was a legal summons issued to her. Which she tore up and ignored.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776159
05/19/20 03:28 PM
05/19/20 03:28 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
I think someone PICKED the wrong model.

So which expert do we blame for crashing the economy, 30M unemployed, businesses ruined, homes lost? Nobody put a gun to anybody's head to force anyone to pick any expert. We collectively listen and weigh each one on their own merits. This is not and never will be an exact science in predicting a new pandemic. Anyone that thinks it is likely has an agenda for thie own purposes. Every choice in life has consequences. So who do we salute for having the gonads to warn us we could have been looking at a 1,000,000+ US deaths, and we needed to act, now? And what repercussions will he face? If you want to punish those trying to help society by making their best educated guess estimates, to what is effectively uncharted medical territory, you will soon find out, nobody is willing to sound the future alarm. Kinda like IMO, chastising the lookouts on the Titanic for scaring the passengers about an iceberg ahead on an "unsinkable brand new ship"

[/color]
What do you people not recognize about RULE OF LAW.

An Executive or Emergency Order is not law. Semantics, but it is considered lawful until ruled otherwise or It wasn't submitted and voted on by the state legislature. In PA " the Governor may issue, amend and rescind executive orders, proclamations and regulations which shall have the force and effect of law." That is different from being A LAW. ( Tell that to cop the next time he tells you to stay in your car)It is intended to grant the Governor temporary powers and authorization to do what he feels is needed to deal with a disaster, emergency, It is NOT - at least in PA - open ended and BY LAW is supposed last no longer than 90 days. In addition, "The General Assembly by concurrent resolution may terminate a state of disaster emergency at any time. Thereupon, the Governor shall issue an executive order or proclamation ending the state of disaster emergency." This has not been pursued, yet.

It is not intended to be used to punish political opponents and jurisdictions that overwhelming voted against them, provide favors to political supporters, or act out their little dictator fantasies. Wolf, Pritzker, Whitmer, Cuomo, Beshear, Newsom, et.al, are not El Presidente for life, POTUS, Dear Leader or anything resembling autocratic rulers.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776160
05/19/20 03:30 PM
05/19/20 03:30 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by stumpy
What do you people not recognize about RULE OF LAW. whether you like it or not it should be followed. No one has the right to do what they want just because the think they are above the law. She was given a ticket and tore it up and refused to follow the direction of a lawful order which is contempt of court and that was what she was jailed for. Instead of telling the judge she made a mistake and be let go she decided to make a stink online that made her thousands of dollars through a go fund me page. Plus she got a loan from the government to pay employees she doesn't have. They are contractors and that allows her not to have to claim them on payroll. But that's ok because she's special and rules don't apply to her.

No, she was jailed and fined because she refused to kowtow to the judge's extortion attempt and he called it contempt of court. As for the rule of law what rule is there in a contempt citation? The judge decides what is contempt, he decides to charge, he decides to convict and he decides the sentence. Some rule of law there.

The Governor of the Texas changed the EO to preclude jailing as a punishment and backdated it to cover her, yet the judge jailed her.

The Supreme Court of Texas thought the judge overstepped and ordered her release.

You are as wrong as that judge was.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776163
05/19/20 03:36 PM
05/19/20 03:36 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
The order wasn't the rule of law she broke it was a legal summons issued to her. Which she tore up and ignored.

We can debate whether or not an unconstitutional law is valid, whether one is morally or legally obligated to obey such laws, how we should treat people with the courage to act on their principles. Obviously, some Governors are treating their citizens with more benevolence than others.

But that is straying off topic. Don't get it locked.

What I'm seeing is the predictions of disaster that were made, as some of these states started to open before "experts" thought they should, do not appear to be valid, so far. That's a good thing as successes in some places will force others to do the same as they run out of excuses to keep people under their thumb.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776164
05/19/20 03:39 PM
05/19/20 03:39 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
No need to debate, that was decided long ago in Marbury v Madison

"Thus, the particular phraseology of the Constitution of the United States confirms and strengthens the principle, supposed to be essential to all written Constitutions, that a law repugnant to the Constitution is void, and that courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that instrument. The rule must be discharged.
— Marbury, 5 U.S. at 180."

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776171
05/19/20 03:55 PM
05/19/20 03:55 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
So which expert do we blame for crashing the economy, 30M unemployed, businesses ruined, homes lost? Nobody put a gun to anybody's head to force anyone to pick any expert.
We collectively listen and weigh each one on their own merits. This is not and never will be an exact science in predicting a new pandemic. Anyone that thinks it is likely has an agenda for thie own purposes. Every choice in life has consequences. So who do we salute for having the gonads to warn us we could have been looking at a 1,000,000+ US deaths, and we needed to act, now? And what repercussions will he face? If you want to punish those trying to help society by making their best educated guess estimates, to what is effectively uncharted medical territory, you will soon find out, nobody is willing to sound the future alarm. Kinda like IMO, chastising the lookouts on the Titanic for scaring the passengers about an iceberg ahead on an "unsinkable brand new ship"

Very true. But for how long should we continue to act as if the "experts" know what they are doing, and trash the economy and people's lives ever more on their recommendation, after they've been as wrong as they can be? If a weatherman predicts a Cat 5 hurricane to hit Miami, the Governor will wisely respond and prepare accordingly. If that hurricane makes an early turn and the worst predictions fail to materialize, people are thankful. And they aren't mad about being prepared for the big one. But 7 weeks after the storm has passed, emergency preps and orders for the hurricane are not still in effect and being enforced. shruggy And if they were, people would be pi$$ed. And here we are.

I'm not critisizing the initial response. I am criticizing some of these governors continuing to vigorously enforce them for reasons related to their own agendas that have zero to do with any intelligent decisions based on COVID.

Tell that to cop the next time he tells you to stay in your car

The policeman is looking out for his own safety for the short amount of time we are interacting. He is not forcing me to stay home, go broke, or not make any money for 3 months. One is okay, I understand. The other would be unwarranted and definitely not be okay.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/19/20 05:43 PM.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2776178
05/19/20 04:13 PM
05/19/20 04:13 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
The heart condition
“Right ventricular (RV) dilation“
Is a strong predictor of who will die from COVID-19

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86555

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776186
05/19/20 04:41 PM
05/19/20 04:41 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA

No, she wasn't jailed for ripping up the summons either... She was jailed for "Contempt"
For refusing the bend the knee & apologize to the Judge, for what "he perceived" as her unacceptable behavior. flame

Ended up with $500,000... (Hopefully that gave the Judge a healthy case of heartburn) whistling
She's currently spreading the money around to other Salon owners who also were spanked over the shutdown rule.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2776198
05/19/20 05:14 PM
05/19/20 05:14 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
COVID-19 in previously healthy elderly could lead to a
“Tsunami of Dementia” in a few years:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/a-tsunami-of-dementia-could-be-on-the-way/

I certainly pray that does not come true.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2776202
05/19/20 05:25 PM
05/19/20 05:25 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Blood pressure and prostate alpha-blocking drug
Prazosin
might help COVID-19 patients avoid cytokine storms if given early enough.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-urge-clinical-trial-blood-pressure.html

Sample quote

In mouse models of CSS, they found that prazosin—commonly used to treat blood pressure, prostate gland enlargement and other conditions—blocked catecholamines (hormones released by the adrenal glands when the body is under stress), reduced cytokine levels, and increased survival after exposure to agents that trigger cytokine storm responses similar to those observed in COVID-19.

Drugs that target CSS have been found to reduce the risk of death from other viral illnesses by up to 55%, according to preliminary results from a retrospective clinical study.

Prazosin is taken by mouth, costs less than $25 per month in the United States, and has been safely taken by millions of people over the last two decades
End quote

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2776212
05/19/20 05:47 PM
05/19/20 05:47 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by Runner2go

No, she wasn't jailed for ripping up the summons either... She was jailed for "Contempt"
For refusing the bend the knee & apologize to the Judge, for what "he perceived" as her unacceptable behavior. flame

Ended up with $500,000... (Hopefully that gave the Judge a healthy case of heartburn) whistling
She's currently spreading the money around to other Salon owners who also were spanked over the shutdown rule.

My experience with beauty salon owners is that they are not to be trifled with. And they are not bashful if you do.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: BH27G1B] #2776227
05/19/20 06:29 PM
05/19/20 06:29 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Originally Posted by BH27G1B
As we approach Memorial Day and honor the brave men/women that fought to defend our rights and freedom, I wonder what they would think about what is going on, from pompous judges trying to deny hard working peoples right to feed their family to the ignorance of releasing criminals, among other things. Our veterans worked together to defeat the enemy, and I know who I would want beside me in battle.

You raise a very good point.

I think back about the men and women who are/were part of the "Greatest Generation"--those who had a sense of duty to live by the ideals laid down by our Founding Fathers and fight the oppressive regimes that were threatening the order of Europe and possibly the world. These folks, along with the "Silent Generation," had just endured the Great Depression full of economic and social mayhem.

These folks were "all in" with the war effort. Their sense of duty meant sacrifice, like rationing sugar, gas, tires, food and ingredients, and more. The speed limit was lowered in order to save gas--maybe they'd arrive at their destination a little later but they'd still arrive there with a smile because of their sense of duty.

No, those weren't perfect times--ask anyone of Japanese descent, or the African-Americans who fought to defend freedom but discovered upon returning home that the values espoused by the American flag didn't include them. But the sense of duty was there.

You won't find that today, even though many people were borne from those of the Greatest Generation. Anyone with a 110 IQ and a keyboard seemingly has it all figured out. On social media they will post about their expertise on vaccines, 5g, Bill Gates, #FauciFraud, "plandemic," and what-not. Then they're egged on by people in high places who seem to want to bear no leadership role yet make every attempt to sow the seeds of discontent via drama and friggery.

That's why I can't help but regard protests, etc. with anything but disgust. These idiotic @#$ers (without masks, no less) think their individual right to a hair cut supersedes the need to protect society from a virus that we understand little about. It reminds me of the people who don't wear seatbelts because "I don't want to be stuck and bound in my car after an accident" without thinking that, without a seatbelt, they may be rendered into a pile of hair and blood. They film themselves going to supermarkets (again, without masks), putting the video online to show how selfish they are while demonstrating they don't really know @#$ about the Constitution, if not basic common sense. And, of course, there is no sense of duty.

In fact, they're a slap in the face of the spirit of America, a country whose gumption and ingenuity has contributed to innumerable inventions both past and present (including many vaccines). While these @#$ers go out and spread their idiocy for the rest of the world to watch, other Americans are at home using the pandemic as an opportunity--an opportunity to develop ideas, inventions, etc. because bitching about being laid off and how the economy sucks does no one favors.....but following one's passions prepares oneself for a future once the pandemic is over (if not before).

So why are we celebrating a race to the bottom instead of exploiting what makes us great?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2776233
05/19/20 07:01 PM
05/19/20 07:01 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
That's an interesting way of looking at things.

I know folks who have followed their passion for years, created businesses, accomplished things. They (we) would have been fine with a temporary shutdown when things were up in the air, and there were fears of hospitals being swamped, 100s of thousands dead. As we have progressed, those things became less likely and it became obvious that the shutdown was causing more damage than the disease. Couple that with belligerent, agenda driven governors acting like 3rd world, banana republic El Presidentes and the sincerity and validity of the message kind of got lost.

People just want to get on with their lives. I have more to fear from a tyrannical, out of control Governor than I do from the COVID virus. I know which one I'd prefer to take my chances with.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776245
05/19/20 07:17 PM
05/19/20 07:17 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOrk !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Damn guyz .... FORTY PAGES LONG eek

Jsta curious ... well known fact if you BREATHE IN the virus you’re HOOKED !

But how about mistakenly EATING a virus ?

Those nasty things going into your STOMACH vs going into your LUNGS !

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: dOrk !] #2776291
05/19/20 09:44 PM
05/19/20 09:44 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
"Shut down causing more damage than the disease". Yep, people losing money and things versus people losing their lives. I know what I would call the biggest damage. After all what's a few thousand dead people mean in todays world?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776309
05/19/20 10:56 PM
05/19/20 10:56 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
"Shut down causing more damage than the disease". Yep, people losing money and things versus people losing their lives. I know what I would call the biggest damage.

We have no way of knowing how many lives that would have been lost to the illness, were saved as a result of the shut down. No way of knowing how many of the large percentage who died with comorbidity issues wouldn't have died anyway.

Do you know how many will be lost because of the shutdown, stay at home orders, and subsequent destruction of jobs and businesses? Not just the shutdown, but the extension of the shutdown way beyond what was really needed? Suicide, lost businesses, jobs, homes, marriages, physical & mental health, sobriety? Plenty of people have lost their lives, but didn't die from COVID.

People could have weathered weeks and understood why it was done. But months? With the BS coming out of these governors offices?

The only thing I can figure is some people are getting UI or are retired with a pension and/or SS, have a nice sock or some source of money while this is going on. It's easy to scold people when you didn't all of a sudden lose your ability to make money, but didn't lose the bills, the mortgage, the insurance, the need to feed yourself and take care of a family if you need to do that. Then trying to hang onto a business as well with it's own expenses.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776313
05/19/20 11:05 PM
05/19/20 11:05 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
"Shut down causing more damage than the disease". Yep, people losing money and things versus people losing their lives. I know what I would call the biggest damage. After all what's a few thousand dead people mean in todays world?

You remind me of the kid that made sure to remind the teacher to assign homework.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2776315
05/19/20 11:15 PM
05/19/20 11:15 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
You remind me of the kid that never did his homework anyway.

Page 80 of 136 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 135 136