PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by srt
Protesting by a segment of population does nothing to advance ideal for the greater good of a people.

It's a good thing the Founding Father's didn't have that point of view... whistling

Exactly. The longer this post goes on the more you figure out about people you thought you had figured out.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2775736
05/18/20 02:08 PM
05/18/20 02:08 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by jcc
" Some people do stupid stuff under stress."

You are a bright guy, anybody who has watched the movie Titanic, any version, should understand that clearly, people have agendas, saving lives is not always high up on the list.

A suspicious, skeptical person, who has been paying attention, would tend to think it's all about causing pain and assigning the blame elsewhere leading up to November, and worry about fixing it after that.

But that would mean abuse of power and putting agenda - and their own star - ahead of the welfare of their states and citizens. They wouldn't do that, would they? shruggy work confused

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/20 02:09 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2775741
05/18/20 02:18 PM
05/18/20 02:18 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by srt
Protesting by a segment of population does nothing to advance ideal for the greater good of a people.

Is that a quote from some leader of someplace we have been, should have been, or will be at war with someday... or is that something you decided on? Serious question.

Even I wouldn't deny the right to protest to my adversaries.

The problem with generalities like that is...who gets to decide on the definition of things like "greater good", "safe to end restrictions", "common sense", "reasonable precautions", etc.

And that's as far as I'm going astray of the subject.

All stakeholders in government had time to develop the plan with input from the populace.

And very few did, deciding instead on listening to "experts" - folks who have their own agendas and who we know nothing about in may cases. Gov. Wolf keeps referring to these mysterious "experts" who are guiding his decisions, but no one knows who they are or if they even exist.

I used to work for a guy who would ask me whether I thought we should do a certain repair, process, fix an item or replace it or just general advice on something. I would give him an answer based on what I thought would provide the best outcome, even if it wasn't easiest or cheapest. Often he didn't like what I said, and would go ask other people or call around until he found someone to give him the answer he wanted, just to reconcile what he was thinking. Seems to be a lot of that going around in these state offices.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/20 02:39 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2775750
05/18/20 02:29 PM
05/18/20 02:29 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Think about what you are saying and apply it to our populace. In a democratic republic the majority makes decisions. Do you want 10% making decisions on your behalf?
This has nothing to do about me (I'd class myself a Constitutionalist with roots back to before the revolution and some of the first European settlers in so Canada and upstate New York).
Look at the protests going on and who is participating. I'm suggesting you do not simply look at the segment wanting fewer restrictions. There are protests going on that hold similar numbers of protesters that may incur costs we all and generations to come will pay for. Think about it. Being distracted by pandemodium does not often have the outcome one desires.
P>S> The founding Fathers (my relatives) had the backing of their neighbors and a majority of the populace. One was hid from British Soldiers for over a year in the RI and New England. The protesters of today would do good to expand their ranks an develop a unified and workable solution.
P>P>S> We reserve the right to vote them out. What's happened is many lemmings have detached themselves from the day to day operations and have deferred to others holding only their own interests. Ever think abut why laws now pretty much restrict lobbying to corporations?
Lastly the ideals as quoted by John adams:
Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.

All the above presented as current events, as History and personal History, and NOT politics.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775769
05/18/20 03:22 PM
05/18/20 03:22 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
In Pennsylvania, using "official" numbers, 4420 have died attributed to COVID. The state number for those who were in nursing homes is 70%. That's 3100 in nursing homes where COVID patients were forced to be sent to keep the old folks company vs. 1320 who have died who were not in a nursing home. Worth trashing the economy to the tune of billions, closing businesses, lost businesses that will never reopen, 30% unemployment, missed diagnoses on other serious diseases and illnesses due to health system basically shut down, financial disaster for many families, suicides, substance abuse, etc,?

For comparison, in 2017, from CDC stats for leading causes of death in PA, numbers were 6667 for Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease (#5), and 2718 for flu/pneumonia (#9). Dying from either of those today would likely get you put on The List.

While the Governor's office and health department were forcing COVID patients to nursing homes, state health secretary Levine moved her/his 95 year old Mom out of a nursing facility and into a hotel. And he/she doesn't want to talk about it. I guess not. work

Restrictions in much of the state have been eased up with counties going from Red to Yellow status with the notable exception of two rural counties in the south central area being forced to stay red - with no real reason or jusification from Harrisburg. Why? Could it be that the popular, area state Senator has been a vocal critic of the Governor, filing suit against his restrictions, calling for people to open despite restrictions, calling the Governor out for a lack of information, transparency, fairness and for verbally assaulting locals for wanting restrictions lifted and threatening to open their businesses? Can't be, that would be an abuse of power.

Even my little county - with a vocal opponent of the Gov in the state senate - was delayed with our whopping 15 cases and zero deaths. We've likely lost a few family operated restaurants and shops over this. But we voted 85% against the guy so tough $#!* for us.

And you wonder why I am skeptical.

If you were skeptical before... you're really going to start drinking now. frown

Just watched today's PA daily update
And he/she said that PA is ONCE AGAIN "Revising how Covid Deaths are COUNTED" in PA.
I guess either, counties with high Nursing home deaths were not happy... or they needed a way to boost the #'s in counties with low counts shruggy In either case... PA will NO LONGER count a Covid-19 death in the county where you actually DIE... "IF" your official Residence (tax address) is in another county. So starting tomorrow county death numbers will shift... reflecting mostly nursing home residents that died in the nursing home where they were currently living in one county... But still owned their original home (tax address) in another county. So the nursing home county will lose a death... and taxing county will gain a death. However the State will still "track" the Death in BOTH Counties... However he/she said they will not "Double Count" it... despite saying it will be listed "somewhere" in both counties....

Got to love PA... if people finally start to figure out what's really going on... change it! flame

PS:
On a separate note during the same update, Wolf was asked if he would allow the end of June Nascar race at Pocono to take place if the county (Monroe) is NOT yet green. The answer was NO. However... IF it is yellow at that time, he said they "may" be allowed to race WITHOUT FANS, if "they can prove to him", that they can do it safely.
That may give an indication of how he is leaning towards large upcoming events... such as Carlisle.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2775773
05/18/20 03:29 PM
05/18/20 03:29 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by srt
Think about what you are saying and apply it to our populace. In a democratic republic the majority makes decisions. Do you want 10% making decisions on your behalf?
This has nothing to do about me (I'd class myself a Constitutionalist with roots back to before the revolution and some of the first European settlers in so Canada and upstate New York).
Look at the protests going on and who is participating. I'm suggesting you do not simply look at the segment wanting fewer restrictions. There are protests going on that hold similar numbers of protesters that may incur costs we all and generations to come will pay for. Think about it. Being distracted by pandemodium does not often have the outcome one desires.
P>S> The founding Fathers (my relatives) had the backing of their neighbors and a majority of the populace. One was hid from British Soldiers for over a year in the RI and New England. The protesters of today would do good to expand their ranks an develop a unified and workable solution.
P>P>S> We reserve the right to vote them out. What's happened is many lemmings have detached themselves from the day to day operations and have deferred to others holding only their own interests. Ever think abut why laws now pretty much restrict lobbying to corporations?
Lastly the ideals as quoted by John adams:
Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.

All the above presented as current events, as History and personal History, and NOT politics.

Heck no I don’t want the 10% but right now we have the 1%. My sister in Florida (68 years old) is at the dentist getting her teeth cleaned. This morning she went to the gym. Sunday she went to her church and Friday she had her hair done. You can stay in your shell if you chose but others want to live life rather than die a prisoner.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2775785
05/18/20 03:45 PM
05/18/20 03:45 PM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by AndyF
I understand what you are saying but I don't think there is much that can be done about it other than continuing to protest. You (and the rest of the folks in your state) had the bad luck of getting stuck with an idiot in charge when the big one hit. There does seem to be three or four governors trying to win the big idiot award. PA, MI, WA and CA all seem to be in the running so far. Not sure exactly why they are doing what they are doing but I guess that is just how it goes. Some people do stupid stuff under stress.

Don't forget Illinois! We may have the biggest idiot of all. In more ways than one. And there is more to be done than just protesting. Our Governor has already lost one round in this judge's court and it looks like another, much larger loss is on tap this Friday.

Read some of the judge's responses from the hearing last week and you can kinda get some insight into his thinking on this.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/corona...tv3wGkTtUt8KAJXcpKcRbERRZAiF3-haS-cWoVEA

So does this Judge decide by law or his own beliefs while on the bench?

I don't get it, so stay at home orders, during riots, hurricanes, floods, blizzards, chemical spills, infernos, earthquakes, etc now going to be considered as an usurping of individual rights outlined in the constitution?

What a poor example for this subject, but very telling in other ways. Those instances are for very specific areas and for very short periods of time. And even then, people do not heed the warnings and get themselves in trouble.

Here in Illinois for example, the whole state is locked down when really only Shitcago has a real problem. Our county and several others next to us, have had only a handful of confirmed cases and no deaths. In fact, 12 of the 15 southernmost counties here in Illinois have not had a single fatality due to this virus. And that is with most local law enforcement agencies refusing to enforce the lock down. So why should we be shut down month after month?

It would be the same as if all of a state were locked down for a hurricane for several months and then the hurricane actually missed the state for the most part. Hey! Maybe your examples have context here after all, although not in the way you intended.

And, by the way, the judge is considered to be rather conservative. Activist judges are generally considered to be liberal judges. Case in point, the 9th Circuit. But it must be mentioned that the current administration is moving to address that issue.

Master, again and still
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2775789
05/18/20 03:47 PM
05/18/20 03:47 PM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Originally Posted by jcc
I don't get it, so stay at home orders, during riots, hurricanes, floods, blizzards, chemical spills, infernos, earthquakes, etc now going to be considered as an usurping of individual rights outlined in the constitution?

Stay at home orders for all the above last days, not three months. Besides, they're not state wide and don't inhibit freedom of movement across the entirety of the country.
It would be an easier pill to swallow if the conditions for the orders didn't keep changing. Viva Frei put is best:

"It went from “flatten the curve” to “find the cure”. From “social distancing” to “house arrest”. From “2 weeks” to “3 months”. From “we’re in it together” to “snitch on you neighbors”. From “individual liberty” to “comply or pay fine”. We lost the target. And government knows it."

Original Tweet

If you're willing to accept this then there is no limit to what you'll let government get away with.

One side's political persuasion is opening while the other is staying under lock down. We'll find out in a couple weeks who was right and who was wrong.

Last edited by MarkM; 05/18/20 03:49 PM.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: MarkZ] #2775822
05/18/20 04:24 PM
05/18/20 04:24 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by MarkM
Originally Posted by jcc

Stay at home orders for all the above last days, not three months. Says who? Good thing I didn't mention a nuke meltdown, they last longer then a few days for sure Besides, they're not state wide You might want to rethink that and don't inhibit freedom of movement across the entirety of the country May want to rethink that also.
It would be an easier pill to swallow if the conditions for the orders didn't keep changing. So your tolerance for uncertainty in uncharted waters is limited then? Viva Frei put is best:

"It went from “flatten the curve” to “find the cure”. From “social distancing” to “house arrest”. From “2 weeks” to “3 months”. From “we’re in it together” to “snitch on you neighbors”. From “individual liberty” to “comply or pay fine”. We lost the target. And government knows it."

And you know the dinosaurs became extinct because they failed to adapt. "House arrest", gimme a break, hyperbole.

Original Tweet

If you're willing to accept this then there is no limit to what you'll let government get away with.

One side's political persuasion is opening while the other is staying under lock down. We'll find out in a couple weeks who was right and who was wrong.
IMO that statement shows a very limited understanding of what the future might hold, and falls to the fallacy everything is right or wrong, black or white, one side or the other, everyone must be a winner or a loser, great if one's agenda is to be divisive.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775824
05/18/20 04:25 PM
05/18/20 04:25 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
U of Utah creates small smartphone powered COVID-19 virus tester by adapting its previous Zika virus detecting chip:

https://www.techspot.com/news/85267-smartphone-powered-sensor-could-detect-covid-19-breathing.html

Sample quote

The prototype device is about an inch wide, connecting to a smartphone via Bluetooth and drawing power from the charging port. It’s then simply a matter of placing a microscopic particle of saliva onto it, either by blowing, coughing, breathing, or sneezing. Users could also test for the virus on an object’s surface by brushing it with a swab then placing the sample on the sensor.
Should Covid-19 be present, single-strand DNA called aptamers in the sensor bind to its proteins, and the electrical resistance produces a positive result, which could then be sent to authorities who are tracking the spread.
The sensor can be used more than once, thanks to a small electrical current that destroys previous samples, and it should cost consumers around $55. Clinical trials are expected to begin in July, and the device could be available to the public as soon as August.
End quote

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775838
05/18/20 04:45 PM
05/18/20 04:45 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775851
05/18/20 05:06 PM
05/18/20 05:06 PM
rust belt
M
mother hen Offline
mother hen  Offline
M

rust belt
well my wife and i had it beginning in march...same time tom hanks had it....he was in australia and were in the middle of appalachia....[censored]....we knew then the virus was everywhere and there had to be carriers with no signs of it.....right now in our state more people day every day of something else than covid........it is real, but the risk to the under 50 crowd is very small....it is funny how they never report the actual days events.....the other day 500 new cases were reported here......did they all go to the er......NO.....were they on the death bed of a local doctor....NO.....call an ambulance from home?....NO.... Not discounting it but it's not reported......if we had 500 new cases and they all showed up at the hospital then we have a big problem.....that simply is not the case....keep the at risk under wraps, and let's open up.....oh i told my wife i would eat my shorts if ohio had 100,000 cases...that was on march 13th...we now stand at 25,000 more or less....two months......there are.88 counties in ohio....one normal death a day for each county....88 times 60 days equals 5280 deaths....lot bigger number than covid 19....someone got the models wrong....again we know the risk groups so let's keep them safe.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2775860
05/18/20 05:24 PM
05/18/20 05:24 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Heck no I don’t want the 10% but right now we have the 1%. My sister in Florida (68 years old) is at the dentist getting her teeth cleaned. This morning she went to the gym. Sunday she went to her church and Friday she had her hair done. You can stay in your shell if you chose but others want to live life rather than die a prisoner.

I'd like to propose that anyone that wants to un-shelter do it. I'm not aware of many municipalities that have established penalties, or even citation powers. Heck they can't cite people for not wearing a simple mask while shopping or maintaining 6' distance. As for me and my wife we have not changed much in our daily existance, we work on our property, we shop, we find it impossible to have dinner out. While not anti-social we live in a rural area with not much going on. We don't sit around wringing our hands worrying about what we can't do, we enjoy what we are able to do. Making blind accusations about how others live their lives serves what purpose. I'm not stopping anyone from doing what they want, nor will I have anyone stop what I want to do. I have a dr appt tomorrow, will be enjoying my birthday with two daughters, built a kydex holster this a.m. for my ccw renewal friday. I think it's important to live our lives through this time, hopefully smartly so we don't become a statistic, like my great grandfather a NY City Policeman whom died in the flu outbreak in 1918.
It's a good idea to have productive exchange, rather than revert to passing judgement. We should be looking at building consensus so we can beat a way out of this bag we find ourselves in.
Anyone heard about the "fake Crisis" Florida man and his wife getting the virus.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ke-crisis-then-he-contracted-it-n1209246
Let's avoid being this guy and incurring society added cost, we are in this together and we can get through without ending up on the other side.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775868
05/18/20 05:41 PM
05/18/20 05:41 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by jcc
" Some people do stupid stuff under stress."

You are a bright guy, anybody who has watched the movie Titanic, any version, should understand that clearly, people have agendas, saving lives is not always high up on the list.

A suspicious, skeptical person, who has been paying attention, would tend to think it's all about causing pain and assigning the blame elsewhere leading up to November, and worry about fixing it after that.

But that would mean abuse of power and putting agenda - and their own star - ahead of the welfare of their states and citizens. They wouldn't do that, would they? shruggy work confused

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if this isn't what is going on. When the restrictions first started showing up I was on board since it was clear that the virus was spreading quickly when people were in large groups such as sporting events. But shutting down barbershops seemed a little over the top and then it morphed into arresting people who were sunbathing by themselves and telling families that they couldn't go boating on a nice day and now I think we're at a point where a handful of the governors have lost their minds and become little tyrants. I'm not sure if it is because they are just tapping into their inner tyrant of if they have a purpose in mind. Could be either one. I'm thinking the problem will take care of itself in a few weeks since it is only a few of the governors so they are somewhat exposed by their actions. But they do seem to be hard headed, more willing to argue than accept feedback. From my perspective they are damaging their political futures but they must have people telling them differently.

I'm not personally impacted by this to a large degree since my business doesn't have retail customers. If I owned a barbershop though I'd be skirting the rules and having customers come in the backdoor. If I owned a movie theater I'd probably be shut down since that would be hard to make work. I feel bad for guys who have their life savings tied up in restaurants and bars. It would be tough to watch everything you worked for just melt away.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775875
05/18/20 05:48 PM
05/18/20 05:48 PM
North East USA
B
BIGGERED Offline
Reasonable Title
BIGGERED  Offline
Reasonable Title
B

North East USA
It’s interesting to watch members downplay the science they don’t agree with then promote science they believe in that hasn’t been proven.
TY
Kevin

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: BIGGERED] #2775879
05/18/20 05:53 PM
05/18/20 05:53 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Originally Posted by BIGGERED
It’s interesting to watch members downplay the science they don’t agree with then promote science they believe in that hasn’t been proven.
TY
Kevin

I don't have any idea what you are talking about since there is very little science behind a lot of what is going on. There is no science behind telling families who live together that they can't go out in a boat. Or telling someone who is in a boat that they can't fish. There isn't any science behind telling someone that they can't surf by themselves or sunbath by themselves yet that stuff is going on.

There is some science behind the requirement to wear masks and keep physical distance and for the most part people follow that.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: mother hen] #2775883
05/18/20 06:04 PM
05/18/20 06:04 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by mother hen
..someone got the models wrong....again we know the risk groups so let's keep them safe.

No, someone doesn't understand what a model is and isn't.

"In science, a model is a representation of an idea, an object or even a process or a system that is used to describe and explain phenomena that cannot be experienced directly. Models are central to what scientists do, both in their research as well as when communicating their explanations.

Models have a variety of uses – from providing a way of explaining complex data to presenting as a hypothesis. There may be more than one model proposed by scientists to explain or predict what might happen in particular circumstances. Often scientists will argue about the ‘rightness’ of their model, and in the process, the model will evolve or be rejected. Consequently, models are central to the process of knowledge-building in science and demonstrate how science knowledge is tentative."

https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/resources/575-scientific-modelling

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775895
05/18/20 06:33 PM
05/18/20 06:33 PM
North East USA
B
BIGGERED Offline
Reasonable Title
BIGGERED  Offline
Reasonable Title
B

North East USA
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by BIGGERED
TY
Kevin

I don't have any idea what you are talking about since there is very little science behind a lot of what is going on. There is no science behind telling families who live together that they can't go out in a boat. Or telling someone who is in a boat that they can't fish. There isn't any science behind telling someone that they can't surf by themselves or sunbath by themselves yet that stuff is going on.

There is some science behind the requirement to wear masks and keep physical distance and for the most part people follow that.

I’m unaware of the issue with boats. I’m in NY, our boat ramps are open and my family can join me on my boat. My neighbor spent his weekend with his family on his boat.
No surfing here so can not comment.
All I know is I go to work at my business come home and don’t go out as much as I used to. My shop is open but traffic is probably down 80% over this time last year as people don’t want to come in.
NY has been almost as restrictive as any state but it’s not an issue. Keep your distance wear a mask and roll on!
The comment is not directed at you just to the skeptics. The science is evaluating data guided by the CDC.Cases on the rise, no available hospital capacity etc, stay home.
Can not wrap my head around locked and loaded protesters in the state capital gallery. I’m assuming since you can’t open carry in a federal institution why it’s acceptable in a state capital? Not sure when it became unacceptable to carry in court, federal buildings etc? Probably the result of a judge being killed!

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: BIGGERED] #2775910
05/18/20 07:15 PM
05/18/20 07:15 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Washington state had a rule that said that boating was okay but fishing was against the rules. Illinois has a rule that says only two people in a boat at the same time. So a family of four in IL can't go out in their own boat even though they live in the same house. CA police have stopped people from sunbathing by themselves, surfing by themselves, etc. A judge in TX put a gal in jail for cutting hair even though they were letting criminals out of jail to keep them from being exposed to the virus. So when you see that kind of stuff going on it is natural to start being very skeptical of the folks in charge.

Some states are open carry states so people are allowed to carry firearms. Other states aren't open carry. Rules vary by states.

Last edited by AndyF; 05/18/20 07:16 PM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775916
05/18/20 07:32 PM
05/18/20 07:32 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Hypocrisy ruins it for me. If there was some consistent truth and policy, I'd be more inclined to understand. When a rule makes no sense and you are told to follow it Because we say so, my radar senses a problem. The masks are an insult to a person's intelligence. Arresting a person on a beach is an insult. Andy pegged it too. People that live together are not allowed to be out together? People that are married and share a bed have to stay 6 feet apart when shopping? This isn't about safety, it is a social experiment to see how stupid and gullible the public is and how far people can be pushed before they resist. Well, I was willing to respect some of the restrictions at first but the more I looked around, the more hypocrisy that I see. Why are small businesses closed but big ones are not? Does the virus pick and choose where it ends up?
Hypocrisy like this ends up tarnishing everything. Because of it, I trust almost nothing that the government or "Health official" says. It has highlighted who cares about this Country's future and who wants to wreck it and remake it into what THEY deem that Amerika should be.
Yes, I purposely spelled it wrong for effect.

Page 78 of 136 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 135 136