05/17/20 01:46 PM
05/17/20 01:46 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
I can agree with that. The Queens resent the worker bees for having independent thought.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775453
05/17/20 02:59 PM
05/17/20 02:59 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by 360view

I am going to continue to read, analyze, and even reread articles on disease and many other subjects.

Well here's something else to read.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

A 15 year old report on Chloroquine which Dr Fauci has not mentioned and has been downplaying in favor of Remdesivir. Why? Chloroquine is an old drug, available as a generic and is cheap. There is no real money to be made from it. Remdesivir is a product of Gilead Sciences, Inc., a company that I believe Dr Fauci has a connection to. It is newer and expensive. It is also not nearly as effective as Chloroquine from what I am seeing. Chloroquine needs to be given early, not after a person is deathly ill. Yet there is plenty of resistance to allowing that, even though it is a very safe drug.

This is what I have found. I will stop short of calling Fauci a fraud, but there is no doubt he is playing the president, his people & the public, is self serving and is still in doomsday mode. His information is tainted as far as I'm concerned.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775454
05/17/20 03:09 PM
05/17/20 03:09 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
I like how people like to compare the US to these small countries with largely homogeneous societies, restricted immigration, no real criminal underclass, a generally benevolent government and strict controls over their borders. Being an island helps. Comparing the US to New Zealand is like comparing metro NYC to the two small counties in central PA where I live and operate.

"A well-known journalist here once wrote a book about New Zealand called “The passionless people.” It was meant to be a withering critique of the national character: indifferent, unemotional, complacent. Be that as it may, now, in the midst of a major crisis, a certain calmness seems to have served New Zealanders well."

Americans are not New Zealanders, just as New Yorkers are very different from my neighbors.

New Zealand was shutdown as well. Everyone went along, and when it was deemed safe, they opened back up. No dragging it out. No big production. No groups of people wanting it to go on indefinitely, Seemingly no one trying to gain wealth, fame and/or influence from the crisis. Maybe they even have an honest news media. A very different place.

Some folks use Norway to bash the US as well. Just saying.

Whoever wrote that book has obviously never squared off against a Kiwi in any type of competitive sport.

Kevin

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775483
05/17/20 04:42 PM
05/17/20 04:42 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ

I am going to continue to read, analyze, and even reread articles on disease and many other subjects.

A 15 year old report on Chloroquine which Dr Fauci has not mentioned and has been downplaying in favor of Remdesivir. Why? Chloroquine is an old drug, available as a generic and is cheap. There is no real money to be made from it. Remdesivir is a product of Gilead Sciences, Inc., a company that I believe Dr Fauci has a connection to. It is newer and expensive. It is also not nearly as effective as Chloroquine from what I am seeing. Chloroquine needs to be given early, not after a person is deathly ill. Yet there is plenty of resistance to allowing that, even though it is a very safe drug.

This is what I have found. I will stop short of calling Fauci a fraud, but there is no doubt he is playing the president, his people & the public, is self serving and is still in doomsday mode. His information is tainted as far as I'm concerned.

Follow the money.
I have a deepening distrust for those that stand to benefit from a crisis.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775529
05/17/20 06:15 PM
05/17/20 06:15 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia

A 15 year old report on Chloroquine which Dr Fauci has not mentioned and has been downplaying in favor of Remdesivir. Why? Chloroquine is an old drug, available as a generic and is cheap. There is no real money to be made from it. Remdesivir is a product of Gilead Sciences, Inc., a company that I believe Dr Fauci has a connection to. You need to some proof, belief from a spectator doesn't cut it for me. It is newer and expensive. It is also not nearly as effective as Chloroquine from what I am seeing. Chloroquine needs to be given early, not after a person is deathly ill. Yet there is plenty of resistance to allowing that, even though it is a very safe drug.

This is what I have found. I will stop short of calling Fauci a fraud, but there is no doubt he is playing the president, his people & the public, is self serving Just so we can judge your serving obervation expertise, can you name any others with simliar attributes starting as high up as can?and is still in doomsday mode. His information is tainted as far as I'm concerned. Got any examples of untainted info on COVID?

Which leads me to my final point, since you have mentioned you dismissed most "numbers" discussed so far, detail what "numbers" exactly you would accept?

In a crisis "perfection is often the enemy of success" seems to have a lot of merit, IMO.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775532
05/17/20 06:23 PM
05/17/20 06:23 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA

95F235C7-DB69-479D-BB55-613E89FA0F21.png
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2775553
05/17/20 07:29 PM
05/17/20 07:29 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by jcc

A 15 year old report on Chloroquine which Dr Fauci has not mentioned and has been downplaying in favor of Remdesivir. Why? Chloroquine is an old drug, available as a generic and is cheap. There is no real money to be made from it. Remdesivir is a product of Gilead Sciences, Inc., a company that I believe Dr Fauci has a connection to. You need to some proof, belief from a spectator doesn't cut it for me. It is newer and expensive. It is also not nearly as effective as Chloroquine from what I am seeing. Chloroquine needs to be given early, not after a person is deathly ill. Yet there is plenty of resistance to allowing that, even though it is a very safe drug.

This is what I have found. I will stop short of calling Fauci a fraud, but there is no doubt he is playing the president, his people & the public, is self serving Just so we can judge your serving obervation expertise, can you name any others with simliar attributes starting as high up as can?and is still in doomsday mode. His information is tainted as far as I'm concerned. Got any examples of untainted info on COVID?

Which leads me to my final point, since you have mentioned you dismissed most "numbers" discussed so far, detail what "numbers" exactly you would accept?

In a crisis "perfection is often the enemy of success" seems to have a lot of merit, IMO.

I have no proof. Only opinion based on the facts presented about the drugs in question, my opinion of Dr. Fauci based on what I do know about him and the beliefs of others who have looked at this more closely than I have. Proof is hard to come by when someone in that position decides to cover their tracks. I'm also a believer in the "If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck" theory. In short, something about the guy doesn't pass the smell test.

Very few people involved in this at any level are doing it totally out of a sense of caring for their fellow man. Everyone has an angle.

I don't believe any of the numbers are trustworthy. Certainly not in Pennsylvania. I assume most other places have reasons for the "statistics" to be twisted and manipulated to reflect agendas. There are plenty of people at many levels who have an opportunity to impact those numbers for their own reasons.

I don't trust any of the information 100%. I only have opinions and conclusions based on logic and a belief that all of the public figures in this dog and pony show have some kind of hustle going on. The honest people are just working without a lot of fanfare.

I don't really care about the exact numbers. I am waiting to see what happens as these places open up. I could be wrong about everything, in which case it will get worse before it gets better.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775560
05/17/20 07:47 PM
05/17/20 07:47 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
I've watched a few of the presentations on tv with trump and his team. The ones I've seen do not contain much info and It appeared to me the experts spent little time providing any data and the two elected guys that talked the most should have deferred to the experts more. I can't believe the predicament Fauci or Birk must feel during those presentations. Us talking about a couple chemicals that appear now to have little significance on treatment might better be treated as the committee, shelved. The chemicals don't work effectively, the committee had no purpose other than a vehicle for other presentations perhaps best handled on-line or in the states where they are moving to "open".
I can't be the only one here that feels there are clouds darkening on the horizon. They are not transparent . Only once they pass will we know wth happened.

Edit: Appears one of the larger economies in the world (Japan ) has slipped into recession (first time in 4 1/2 yrs). With many things "frozen" right now offering populace here a breather from the now growing burden of deferred payments and reduced or no pay. Our daughters family just closed on a house and moved in the first of May. Back in Dec, and again in Jan, I suggested they rent and wait as prices seemed jacked up by the $ pump operating overtime. Home prices and the equity created ran up prices and also gave owners $ to tap. Even at low interest rates that money consumed on inflated real estate needs to be paid back. With jobs down and some businesses being shuttered some may find it difficult to get back on top. Not posted as doom and gloom, I'm hoping the best for my and others and their families.
I see a very difficult task for the leadership. We seem to have spent our nat'l nest egg and can only further encumber our heirs. I can only think of something similar to Public Works Administration that came about during the depression as part of the New Deal of 1933. I also think many of the modern conveniences some of todays youth behold will be scaled back.
I posted this as I try to look forward and as an engineer seek solutions. We'll get through the pandemic, the election will be over and it will be us to decide how to get this train wreck back on the tracks.
As bad as the data on the fallout of the illness (i.e. now it's birx vs the cdc and powell) not everything falls on the bug. This has been brewing. Again, it's us that has to figure how to get whole and complete.

Last edited by srt; 05/18/20 12:24 AM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775639
05/18/20 08:26 AM
05/18/20 08:26 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
3 way combination of zinc sulfate, azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine proves itself helpful in 932 patient clinical trial:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-borough...ycin-combo-on-decreasing-covid-19-deaths

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20080036v1

Clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine alone did not show statistical significance.
Clinical trial of azithromycin alone did not show statistical significance.

Last edited by 360view; 05/18/20 08:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775643
05/18/20 09:02 AM
05/18/20 09:02 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Australians critical of”Dr Google” symptom checkers

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-dr-google-wrong.html

Sample quote

The study analysed 36 international mobile and web-based symptom checkers and found they produced the correct diagnosis as the first result just 36 per cent of the time, and within the top three results 52 per cent of the time.
End quote

Full article

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2020...rovided-free-online-symptom-checkers-and

I personally think the British “Isabel” is the best of those online

https://symptomchecker.isabelhealthcare.com/

Last edited by 360view; 05/18/20 09:05 AM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2775653
05/18/20 09:55 AM
05/18/20 09:55 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Online rolleyes
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Online Rolleyes
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Originally Posted by srt
We seem to have spent our nat'l nest egg and can only further encumber our heirs.

Nat'l nest egg? What nest egg? The Federal Government and many states (Illinois in particular) have been spending more than they bring in for many years. There is no nest egg. Never has been. But you're right, we are all leaving a real mess for our kids and grandkids. This closure thing may have saved lives today, but much of the cost of it is being passed down to them.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

The debt per citizen and debt per taxpayer probably makes more sense than the actual totals because the actual totals are so large that they're unfathomable. There is also a state debt clock at the top in case you were interested.

It looks like that in my personal instance, as a taxpayer, I owe $203,712 to the Feds and about $35,000 to the state of Illinois for a grand total of $238,000.

Master, again and still
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DaveRS23] #2775658
05/18/20 10:11 AM
05/18/20 10:11 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
if i owe that much, someone is gonna have a tough time collecting.
maybe DoC can give me a loan ? shruggy
beer

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2775668
05/18/20 10:45 AM
05/18/20 10:45 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
3 way combination of zinc sulfate, azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine proves itself helpful in 932 patient clinical trial:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-borough...ycin-combo-on-decreasing-covid-19-deaths

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20080036v1

Clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine alone did not show statistical significance.
Clinical trial of azithromycin alone did not show statistical significance.

Correct. The cocktail works. BUT it has to be given early, before the person gets full blown sick. I've seen where healthcare people and doctors are taking this weekly as a precaution. Yet the "experts" don't seem to be talking about this cheap, available effective medicine. Why?

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/20 12:11 PM.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775686
05/18/20 12:02 PM
05/18/20 12:02 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
In Pennsylvania, using "official" numbers, 4420 have died attributed to COVID. The state number for those who were in nursing homes is 70%. That's 3100 in nursing homes where COVID patients were forced to be sent to keep the old folks company vs. 1320 who have died who were not in a nursing home. Worth trashing the economy to the tune of billions, closing businesses, lost businesses that will never reopen, 30% unemployment, missed diagnoses on other serious diseases and illnesses due to health system basically shut down, financial disaster for many families, suicides, substance abuse, etc,?

For comparison, in 2017, from CDC stats for leading causes of death in PA, numbers were 6667 for Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease (#5), and 2718 for flu/pneumonia (#9). Dying from either of those today would likely get you put on The List.

While the Governor's office and health department were forcing COVID patients to nursing homes, state health secretary Levine moved her/his 95 year old Mom out of a nursing facility and into a hotel. And he/she doesn't want to talk about it. I guess not. work

Restrictions in much of the state have been eased up with counties going from Red to Yellow status with the notable exception of two rural counties in the south central area being forced to stay red - with no real reason or jusification from Harrisburg. Why? Could it be that the popular, area state Senator has been a vocal critic of the Governor, filing suit against his restrictions, calling for people to open despite restrictions, calling the Governor out for a lack of information, transparency, fairness and for verbally assaulting locals for wanting restrictions lifted and threatening to open their businesses? Can't be, that would be an abuse of power.

Even my little county - with a vocal opponent of the Gov in the state senate - was delayed with our whopping 15 cases and zero deaths. We've likely lost a few family operated restaurants and shops over this. But we voted 85% against the guy so tough $#!* for us.

And you wonder why I am skeptical.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/20 02:01 PM.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2775692
05/18/20 12:15 PM
05/18/20 12:15 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
I understand what you are saying but I don't think there is much that can be done about it other than continuing to protest. You (and the rest of the folks in your state) had the bad luck of getting stuck with an idiot in charge when the big one hit. There does seem to be three or four governors trying to win the big idiot award. PA, MI, WA and CA all seem to be in the running so far. Not sure exactly why they are doing what they are doing but I guess that is just how it goes. Some people do stupid stuff under stress.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775708
05/18/20 01:00 PM
05/18/20 01:00 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
" Some people do stupid stuff under stress."

You are a bright guy, anybody who has watched the movie Titanic, any version, should understand that clearly, people have agendas, saving lives is not always high up on the list.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775717
05/18/20 01:20 PM
05/18/20 01:20 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Protesting by a segment of population does nothing to advance ideal for the greater good of a people.
It would be very difficult to be the representative of a jurisdiction who is intimately involved with local issues and to have a small vocal group push for their perception of needed action. Complicate this by the changing whims, constant flux, lack of good data and resultant agitation created when insightful modus operandi is engaged.
It's becoming very apparent that a singular plan or benchmark that could be tailored to local status would help us (and local represntatives) understand and engage in productive manner. All stakeholders in government had time to develop the plan with input from the populace. The distractions of unhappy people and failure of segments of our civic structure are obviously either 1) unintended due to lack of a plan, or, 2) planned

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775725
05/18/20 01:42 PM
05/18/20 01:42 PM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Online rolleyes
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Online Rolleyes
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Originally Posted by AndyF
I understand what you are saying but I don't think there is much that can be done about it other than continuing to protest. You (and the rest of the folks in your state) had the bad luck of getting stuck with an idiot in charge when the big one hit. There does seem to be three or four governors trying to win the big idiot award. PA, MI, WA and CA all seem to be in the running so far. Not sure exactly why they are doing what they are doing but I guess that is just how it goes. Some people do stupid stuff under stress.

Don't forget Illinois! We may have the biggest idiot of all. In more ways than one. And there is more to be done than just protesting. Our Governor has already lost one round in this judge's court and it looks like another, much larger loss is on tap this Friday.

Read some of the judge's responses from the hearing last week and you can kinda get some insight into his thinking on this.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/corona...tv3wGkTtUt8KAJXcpKcRbERRZAiF3-haS-cWoVEA

Master, again and still
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DaveRS23] #2775731
05/18/20 01:54 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by AndyF

Don't forget Illinois! We may have the biggest idiot of all. In more ways than one. And there is more to be done than just protesting. Our Governor has already lost one round in this judge's court and it looks like another, much larger loss is on tap this Friday.

Read some of the judge's responses from the hearing last week and you can kinda get some insight into his thinking on this.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/corona...tv3wGkTtUt8KAJXcpKcRbERRZAiF3-haS-cWoVEA

So does this Judge decide by law or his own beliefs while on the bench?

I don't get it, so stay at home orders, during riots, hurricanes, floods, blizzards, chemical spills, infernos, earthquakes, etc now going to be considered as an usurping of individual rights outlined in the constitution?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2775732
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by srt
Protesting by a segment of population does nothing to advance ideal for the greater good of a people.

It's a good thing the Founding Father's didn't have that point of view... whistling

Page 77 of 136 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 135 136