P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
Sensitive would not be an accurate description.
Annoyed, insulted and outright pissed off would be better.
There has been far too much bad information to the point that I trust almost nothing. 360View himself posts 20 links to articles each day, almost as if he is a paid poster here only doing it for the money. wave

A classic tactic for delivering misinformation is to bombard people with conflicting reports.

I thought that was a bonafide strategy: "Toss enough crap against the wall & some sh1t will surely stick"

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2773140
05/10/20 11:41 AM
05/10/20 11:41 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Ultra Violet-C light can kill coronaviruses in minutes

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-uvc-lamps-virus.html

UV light is split by wavelength in to UV-A, UV-B and UV-C categories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet

UV light can kill C-diff bacterial spores, which otherwise can survive months.

I have a toothbrush sterilizer with a small UV light inside.

The arc-light from welding creates a strong UV-A/B/C light source.

Edit:
Similar article

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-bug-zapper-uv-c-enable-sterilization.html

Last edited by 360view; 05/11/20 07:15 AM. Reason: Added 2nd article
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2773173
05/10/20 12:40 PM
05/10/20 12:40 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by Runner2go
Looks like we are having a near revolt in PA after the most recent changes by the governor

As of this morning, Lebanon & York county sheriffs & DA's have announced they will not arrest or prosecute any business owners for opening.... claiming the most recent list of allowed businesses is too hap hazard to enforce. Also the county commissioners in Dauphin county, where the State Capital actually resides have also gone against not reopening... .Open defiance running rampant now... locals flipping the bird far and wide.

I think extending the Stay at home until 2 days AFTER the state primary... was the last straw.

As they should. There have been no issues in most of the state that haven't been caused by the complete clown show in Harrisburg. Wolf is an a$$ of the highest degree. "Don't blame me, blame the virus". No, you idiot. We blame the Chinese and you for taking advantage of the situation.

He also took the Cuomo approach of forcing COVID patients into nursing homes, a death sentence for many seniors. That news is trying to be kept quiet but is trickling out. The AVERAGE age of all who have died from COVID in PA is 79. Which just happens to be the average life expectancy in Pennsylvania before anyone ever heard of COVID.

Local business people and elected officials are apoplectic at the lack of response from this administration. I think the business community is going to organize and open very soon, regardless what Wolf says.

His latest brain storm is a Commonwealth Civilian Coronavirus Corps, "a public service initiative that will support efforts this fall to increase testing and contact tracing and provide critical new job opportunities in the public health sector." This guy is channeling FDR. Just stop with the big production and open up the state.

Watching the daily 12pm NY briefing... today the Gov is acting as if the requirement to accept Covid patients into Nursing homes, released on March 25th never happened.... Laying new requirements on Nursing homes to test all employees twice a week and notify the DOH for every positive case in the NH(basically the stuff that should have been done on Day 1)... and that if they don't they will lose their license. Going on to say, the level of deaths in Nursing Homes is unacceptable(no kidding, and who's fault is that)... and that covid positive patients should now be moved elsewhere. Well he is the one that required that they stay there in the 1st place... and then NJ, PA & Connecticut followed suit causing excessively high elderly mortality all over the East Coast. Now he wants to act like "it's the Nursing Homes fault" for following his original order. eek flame

Then he moved on to how the Feds need to send NY more money($40B+)... or he will start cutting services.

This is why people are so frustrated... no one in charge takes responsibility for anything... ever.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2773196
05/10/20 01:46 PM
05/10/20 01:46 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by 360view
Ultra Violet-C light can kill coronaviruses in minutes

The arc-light from welding creates a strong UV-A/B/C light source.

I guess Covid19 is resistant lol! not a DAY goes by that I'm not arc,mig or tig welding structures/equipment together for sometimes hrs on end, yet I still was infected with Covid19, I hate to say it, perhaps your posts are just merely trying to be informative?, but they do seem to border on either a paranoia of catching the disease or perhaps a touch of hypochondria?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2773207
05/10/20 02:09 PM
05/10/20 02:09 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

This is why people are so frustrated... no one in charge takes responsibility for anything... ever.

The people voted them in, the people have to remember to vote them out when the time comes, and for those appointed to positions within the Fed/State/local gov. that need to go also, a massive petition/protest is the only choice sometimes for hopes of their removal as a changing of the guard doesn't always trickle down...

And yes there's no guarantee the next round of political clowns will be any better... but the status quo often needs to have the chain broken or disrupted, upcoming elections will be interesting at the Fed/State/local levels as some incumbents have created political suicide with this "pandemic" and the actions/in-actions they implemented

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2773217
05/10/20 02:37 PM
05/10/20 02:37 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Looks like we are having a near revolt in PA after the most recent changes by the governor

As of this morning, Lebanon & York county sheriffs & DA's have announced they will not arrest or prosecute any business owners for opening.... claiming the most recent list of allowed businesses is too hap hazard to enforce. Also the county commissioners in Dauphin county, where the State Capital actually resides have also gone against not reopening... .Open defiance running rampant now... locals flipping the bird far and wide.

I think extending the Stay at home until 2 days AFTER the state primary... was the last straw.

As they should. There have been no issues in most of the state that haven't been caused by the complete clown show in Harrisburg. Wolf is an a$$ of the highest degree. "Don't blame me, blame the virus". No, you idiot. We blame the Chinese and you for taking advantage of the situation.

He also took the Cuomo approach of forcing COVID patients into nursing homes, a death sentence for many seniors. That news is trying to be kept quiet but is trickling out. The AVERAGE age of all who have died from COVID in PA is 79. Which just happens to be the average life expectancy in Pennsylvania before anyone ever heard of COVID.

Local business people and elected officials are apoplectic at the lack of response from this administration. I think the business community is going to organize and open very soon, regardless what Wolf says.

His latest brain storm is a Commonwealth Civilian Coronavirus Corps, "a public service initiative that will support efforts this fall to increase testing and contact tracing and provide critical new job opportunities in the public health sector." This guy is channeling FDR. Just stop with the big production and open up the state.

Watching the daily 12pm NY briefing... today the Gov is acting as if the requirement to accept Covid patients into Nursing homes, released on March 25th never happened.... Laying new requirements on Nursing homes to test all employees twice a week and notify the DOH for every positive case in the NH(basically the stuff that should have been done on Day 1)... and that if they don't they will lose their license. Going on to say, the level of deaths in Nursing Homes is unacceptable(no kidding, and who's fault is that)... and that covid positive patients should now be moved elsewhere. Well he is the one that required that they stay there in the 1st place... and then NJ, PA & Connecticut followed suit causing excessively high elderly mortality all over the East Coast. Now he wants to act like "it's the Nursing Homes fault" for following his original order. eek flame

Then he moved on to how the Feds need to send NY more money($40B+)... or he will start cutting services.

I'll avoid calling out any of the governors who are of a particular persuasion, but this is why I don't trust a single thing they say. They lie, they exaggerate or downplay facts to suit their agenda, they blame the feds and the president for failiures that were obviously their own. They pick and chose which "expert" they take direction from, depending on their own agenda. They are anything but transparent and are all about setting the precedent of how far they have pushed the envelope of their authority.

I knew there would be new programs, agencies and departments as a result of this. They just can't help themselves. This dog and pony show in Harrisburg with the Civilian Coronavirus Corp, which I assume will be a bunch of public service employees going around taking everyone's temperature and making sure they are following orders, is just one example.

At this point, I'd rather get the virus and take my chances, than deal with this crap for the next couple of years. 12 to 18 months before people can go to an event - church, sports, concerts, etc. - in Illinois? Not going to happen. People will riot first.

I have no faith in any guidelines coming out of Harrisburg, The Governor is a clown and the health secretary specializes in childhood eating disorders & transgender issues and is a PC appointment. Now there's a combination of qualifications to run the response to a Chinese pandemic. I wouldn't ask a dude who installs mudflaps, running boards and window tint for guidelines on degreeing cams on a mod motor Ford. Neither would I care what these entitled clowns have to say about this virus situation.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2773228
05/10/20 03:40 PM
05/10/20 03:40 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
The sentiment is clearly changing from blind trust to second (and third) guessing and resistance to government overreach.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2773248
05/10/20 05:12 PM
05/10/20 05:12 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
It is saddening what has become of the structure and leadership over the past 244 years. In 6 years we will honor our Semiquincentennial, what will we be?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DAYCLONA] #2773290
05/10/20 07:25 PM
05/10/20 07:25 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

The people voted them in, the people have to remember to vote them out when the time comes, and for those appointed to positions within the Fed/State/local gov. that need to go also, a massive petition/protest is the only choice sometimes for hopes of their removal as a changing of the guard doesn't always trickle down...

And yes there's no guarantee the next round of political clowns will be any better... but the status quo often needs to have the chain broken or disrupted, upcoming elections will be interesting at the Fed/State/local levels as some incumbents have created political suicide with this "pandemic" and the actions/in-actions they implemented

Best to start at the top if that is the sentiment, take no prisoners, and there is guarantee, because most newcomers fail to understand voting out the previous group was greater priority then voting in the newcomers. They never seem to get that, and then ride off into a future sunset muttering about a mandate.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2773291
05/10/20 07:27 PM
05/10/20 07:27 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
360View himself posts 20 links to articles each day, almost as if he is a paid poster here only doing it for the money. wave

A classic tactic for delivering misinformation is to bombard people with conflicting reports.

I am not a paid poster.
I average posting here on this tread about 4 articles concerning coronaviruses.
I do speed read through many times more articles, the majority of them not on coronavirus.

I agree that some of the medical articles conflict with each other, maybe 15% to 30%, but that is not unusual.

50% of the financial and political articles conflict with one another.

It is presently a huge issue in worldwide science that
40% or more of the published experimental results claimed
cannot be “reproduced” by other scientists carefully following the original instructions.

It was previously assumed that a published experiment could be repeated 20 times and come out the same way 19 times. This is the so-called P=0.05, or said another way: 95% confidence interval.

Hacking is not just happening in the computer and internet world,
so called P-Hacking is happening at universities by those seeking jobs, money and the “tenured professor” status that can mean you have a lifetime job.

My original purpose in posting COVID-19 articles was that
I was going to read them to potentially protect myself
as an older man with one pre-existing medical condition (skipping heart beat since birth)
and I thought many Moparts members were “in the same boat.

Relax, Paul Revere got a lot of flack about waking up the neighborhood.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2773300
05/10/20 07:54 PM
05/10/20 07:54 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Originally Posted by jcc
[Relax...

Yes, please.
I like to review some, quick read some and detail read others.
I have slow internet and bad typing fingers, much easier to have access via a click.
Everyone might consider having eyes (and mind) wide open as we wind our way through this. There is way too much being hidden or manipulated, us minions that we don't need to know.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2773383
05/11/20 02:42 AM
05/11/20 02:42 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
At this point, I'd rather get the virus and take my chances, than deal with this crap for the next couple of years. 12 to 18 months before people can go to an event - church, sports, concerts, etc. - in Illinois? Not going to happen. People will riot first.

Kudos! A 2-4 week, maybe bed-ridden, sickness (for some) OR a 1>1-1/2 year long tormenting uncertainty (for all)? We'll never "contain" this within the US, without locking down state-to-state travel (i.e Hot-Cold Spots). An unlikely & very un american process to even consider. Country-to-Country maybe. But the Airline & Travel industry to fight either tooth&nail. Flattening the curve will just morph into Thinning the herd, as this eventually threads it's way to ALL areas of the country.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2773393
05/11/20 07:20 AM
05/11/20 07:20 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Larger study on how more ACE2 in men leads to worse outcome in men’s infection with COVID-19

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-men-blood-greater-enzyme-covid-.html

Sample quote

ACE2 is found not only in the lungs, but also the heart, kidneys and the tissues lining blood vessels, and there are particularly high levels in the testes. The researchers speculate that its regulation in the testes might partially explain higher ACE2 concentrations in men, and why men are more vulnerable to COVID-19.

End quote

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2773414
05/11/20 09:22 AM
05/11/20 09:22 AM
East Aurora (Buffalo) NY
RoadRunner Offline
master
RoadRunner  Offline
master

East Aurora (Buffalo) NY
Well, its official. I have five days of unpaid furlough to take in the next six weeks. Our company is cutting head count like crazy. The furlough for our group is an attempt to not have to lay off anyone else. Forecast project work is now down from $3.7 billion to $2.4 billion. For our group, we took large staff reduction earlier this year. I got the boat of of storage so now have a few more days to work on it. Plus, I have been cleaning off my 68 Road Runner project in hopes of getting going on that too.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2773422
05/11/20 09:57 AM
05/11/20 09:57 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Larger study on how more ACE2 in men leads to worse outcome in men’s infection with COVID-19

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-men-blood-greater-enzyme-covid-.html

Sample quote

ACE2 is found not only in the lungs, but also the heart, kidneys and the tissues lining blood vessels, and there are particularly high levels in the testes. The researchers speculate that its regulation in the testes might partially explain higher ACE2 concentrations in men, and why men are more vulnerable to COVID-19.

End quote

Well, the corrective regime is clear to me then.
Might explain who really is the most at risk. whistling

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: PhillyRag] #2773510
05/11/20 01:16 PM
05/11/20 01:16 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by PhillyRag

Kudos! A 2-4 week, maybe bed-ridden, sickness (for some) OR a 1>1-1/2 year long tormenting uncertainty (for all)? We'll never "contain" this within the US, without locking down state-to-state travel (i.e Hot-Cold Spots). An unlikely & very un american process to even consider. Country-to-Country maybe. But the Airline & Travel industry to fight either tooth&nail. Flattening the curve will just morph into Thinning the herd, as this eventually threads it's way to ALL areas of the country.

I say be careful what you wish for.

But... if this is really how you feel, it seems to me that catching the virus should be easier than not catching it. Why not help out some front line workers, which would be doing them a great favour, then if you catch it... win-win situation. shruggy

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: PhillyRag] #2773524
05/11/20 01:41 PM
05/11/20 01:41 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA

Recent reports have confirmed cases increasing. Politicians and news drones present this as proof that we need to continue to sit home, destroy businesses, wreck the economy and for all intents and purposes, kill our way of life and standard of living. What they are not telling you is that testing has increased ten fold in the past month. Plenty of people had/have this with no or mild adverse effects. And now the testing is verifying and reflecting this. It is not an indication of a "spike" or "second wave". More dishonest, incomplete and/or taken out of context reporting. When they have to be dishonest, there is a reason for it.

They have people in a panic. I don't get flu shots or act silly during flu season. I do things to buck up my immune system. I haven't been incapacitated by any of this crap for many years. I am not afraid of this and I refuse to cower. There is a small chance I may get it. There's a smaller chance I may realize I have some symptoms. A smaller chance of being laid up, Much smaller chance of being critically ill. And a tiny, insignificant chance of dying. Fact.

But I AM scared to death that the "sky is falling" crowd is being allowed to kill everything. Businesses ARE dying, jobs ARE being killed, Restaurants and Mom & Pop stores ARE gone forever. Investments ARE gone. And even though many people don't give a damn, a subject that is of great concern to me as this effects everything I do, racing organizations and tracks ARE closing and folding. And people have stopped spending money. That's no maybe, no .001 chance of happening, it's real. And it's unnecessary.

So while some of you may be enjoying your little vacation sitting home on your ass getting paid, or retired and/or financially secure and don't care for now, when we come out the other side and much of what you took for granted is gone, then maybe you'll understand why people are pi$$ed and screaming bloody murder today.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: ChryCoGuy] #2773528
05/11/20 01:50 PM
05/11/20 01:50 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

I say be careful what you wish for.

But... if this is really how you feel, it seems to me that catching the virus should be easier than not catching it. Why not help out some front line workers, which would be doing them a great favour, then if you catch it... win-win situation. shruggy

You want to be "safe". You can stay home. I don't care.

But I want to go to the race track and watch racing being live streamed. Because it is plain to see, IF WE DON'T GET GOING VERY SOON, MUCH OF IT WILL BE GONE WHEN THEY FINALLY ALLOW US TO GO BACK. GONE FOR GOOD.

Maybe you're OK with sitting home watching Seinfeld reruns with the blinds drawn while "social distancing". But that doesn't accomplish anything or pay the bills. Or allow people who have more interesting things to do to live a decent life.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/11/20 01:51 PM.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2773537
05/11/20 02:06 PM
05/11/20 02:06 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia

Recent reports have confirmed cases increasing. Politicians and news drones present this as proof that we need to continue to sit home, destroy businesses, wreck the economy and for all intents and purposes, kill our way of life and standard of living. What they are not telling you is that testing has increased ten fold in the past month. Plenty of people had/have this with no or mild adverse effects. And now the testing is verifying and reflecting this. It is not an indication of a "spike" or "second wave". More dishonest, incomplete and/or taken out of context reporting. When they have to be dishonest, there is a reason for it.

They have people in a panic. I don't get flu shots or act silly during flu season. I do things to buck up my immune system. I haven't been incapacitated by any of this crap for many years. I am not afraid of this and I refuse to cower. There is a small chance I may get it. There's a smaller chance I may realize I have some symptoms. A smaller chance of being laid up, Much smaller chance of being critically ill. And a tiny, insignificant chance of dying. Fact.

But I AM scared to death that the "sky is falling" crowd is being allowed to kill everything. Businesses ARE dying, jobs ARE being killed, Restaurants and Mom & Pop stores ARE gone forever. Investments ARE gone. And even though many people don't give a damn, a subject that is of great concern to me as this effects everything I do, racing organizations and tracks ARE closing and folding. And people have stopped spending money. That's no maybe, no .001 chance of happening, it's real. And it's unnecessary.

So while some of you may be enjoying your little vacation sitting home on your ass getting paid, or retired and/or financially secure and don't care for now, when we come out the other side and much of what you took for granted is gone, then maybe you'll understand why people are pi$$ed and screaming bloody murder today.

The problem is, if you or I don't come out the other side, which of us will really understand or be screaming?

In car context, you have to first finish the race, in order to win it.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2773542
05/11/20 02:15 PM
05/11/20 02:15 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i just want to finish the race without loosing all my [retirement] round money !
i'm not scared, but my wife is petrified !
we both have pre-existing conditions, and are taking all the precautions we can. i'm trying my best to stay somewhat upbeat emotionally, but it is getting harder by the day to do so.
beer

Page 71 of 136 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 135 136