05/07/20 07:54 AM
Chicago
rocksmopar Offline OP
super stock
rocksmopar  Offline OP
super stock

Chicago

Need some clarity.

I currently have an agreement with someone to buy a car located just outside Detroit. I would like to pick the car up myself but have heard you still cannot travel the interstate without risk of being fined.

Jim the Transport guy said he will not travel this route..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Looking for affordable Cuda parts
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: rocksmopar] #2772033
05/07/20 09:54 AM
05/07/20 09:54 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I just did a 1000 mile transport with three stops in Michigan last week then down to ohio and back to Illinois with no issues whatsoever. I picked up parts in Fenton, dropped a car in New Baltimore, then picked up a frame in Roseville. Just go get it, they won't hassle you...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: rocksmopar] #2772035
05/07/20 09:56 AM
05/07/20 09:56 AM
NY
twodoorpost Offline
mopar
twodoorpost  Offline
mopar

NY
I have a friend who just made a roundtrip from Detroit to New York with a pick up + trailer. West to east with empty trailer (Michigan plates) and then east to west with a New York plated car on the trailer. He made no overnight stops and had zero problems.

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: NITROUSN] #2772046
05/07/20 10:25 AM
05/07/20 10:25 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
I'm leaving for my other house in mich tomorrow and I dont expect any issues.. I have to start my fields
wave

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #2772061
05/07/20 10:56 AM
05/07/20 10:56 AM
Richmond, Indiana
19swinger70 Offline
master
19swinger70  Offline
master

Richmond, Indiana
I do road trips for my business. The only issues I have experienced with this idiotic situation is less places to go to the bathroom! Fast food places arent letting people in - and smaller gas stations sometimes dont have public restrooms. Depending on your trip, stopping at the Love's or Flying J might not be in the route. Rest Stops in in Indiana have been open - but not sure about MI.

I know it seems stupid to think about that - but not being able to "go" can make for a miserable trip!!

1970 340 swinger. sublime
1967 barracuda fastback BB
55 Plymouth Project
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: 19swinger70] #2772064
05/07/20 11:18 AM
05/07/20 11:18 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
No issue there.. we are only going 200 miles.. wont need any stops
wave

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #2772150
05/07/20 04:29 PM
05/07/20 04:29 PM
Central Michigan
N
nuthinbutmopar Offline
super stock
nuthinbutmopar  Offline
super stock
N

Central Michigan
I travel I75 in Central Michigan every weekday. Be aware that with the greatly reduced number of calls they're getting, the State Police have taken to sitting in the turn-arounds all day long. Yesterday was the first time I saw one on the shoulder with the lights on, and it was behind a disabled vehicle. I run 80 mph in the 75 mph areas, and people pass me regularly, in sight of the cops, with no problems.

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: nuthinbutmopar] #2772265
05/07/20 09:52 PM
05/07/20 09:52 PM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
Just went to MI and back from NY last Sat... no issue what so ever...

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: W.I.N. Racing] #2772278
05/07/20 10:28 PM
05/07/20 10:28 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
I am heading up to my other place in the morning and our A-hole governor just extended our lock down
till the 28th and she tried to do a couple of other things that were against our constitution... its come
to a point that she is thinking she is a dictator... BS
wave

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #2772346
05/08/20 07:05 AM
05/08/20 07:05 AM
Michigan
O
oldjonny Offline
Don't argue with me.
oldjonny  Offline
Don't argue with me.
O

Michigan
Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
I am heading up to my other place in the morning and our A-hole governor just extended our lock down
till the 28th and she tried to do a couple of other things that were against our constitution... its come
to a point that she is thinking she is a dictator... BS
wave

I am in Michigan as well. Nobody understands what she is doing and truthfully, most people are just doing what they want to do anyway. What we know for sure is that you can buy booze, you can still pick up recreational dope and you can get an abortion.......BUT, you cannot get a haircut as barbers and beauty shops must remain closed.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: oldjonny] #2772350
05/08/20 07:18 AM
05/08/20 07:18 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
I hear ya... I watch the news and see people in groups and not wearing a mask.. I wear a mask and at
times wear gloves.. but the mask is pretty much mandatory in Mich
wave

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 05/08/20 07:19 AM.
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #2772359
05/08/20 08:08 AM
05/08/20 08:08 AM
Chicago
rocksmopar Offline OP
super stock
rocksmopar  Offline OP
super stock

Chicago

Thank You all for the input. I think I will go during the week after Mothers Day..

Stay Safe everyone.

Looking for affordable Cuda parts
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #2772360
05/08/20 08:13 AM
05/08/20 08:13 AM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline
top fuel
RobG  Offline
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
50% of the rest areas are closed on the interstate highways. The State Police are not concerned with drivers unless they are approaching 100 mph. Draw a line from Saginaw to Grand Rapids (East to west) - North of the line there is little covid19 and almost no police cruising the roads.

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: RobG] #2772370
05/08/20 08:50 AM
05/08/20 08:50 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
The wife will be driving so she doesn't speed much.. about 5 over.. we usually take 15 off of 65 so thats
the back way then when we get to Bay City we take 15 up to our place
wave

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 05/08/20 08:52 AM.
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: oldjonny] #2772390
05/08/20 10:23 AM
05/08/20 10:23 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Originally Posted by oldjonny
Nobody understands what she is doing

I don't know about that. That's painting the whole state with a pretty big brush, Jonny,

I'd have to say there are quite a few of us in Michigan who DO understand perfectly well, and who aren't complaining.

I don't expect you to be interested in my opinion so I wil leave it at that.

Have a great day wave

You can pick up a car but you can't get a pedicure, go to the gym or the mall, go to church with hugs kisses and handshakes afterwards,
and so on.

16 year old step son on his learner's permit drove me and him 80 miles round trip to and from the powder coater yesterday....his longest drive to date....he did well.
Day before that I made the same run by myself. Yep we saw a state trooper on the freeway, and yep nothing happened. Do what you need to do.

Car repair is "essential". You're picking up a car to repair it....guess what, it qualifies.

It's nothing. Go pick up the car and enjoy. Just remember you are trailering the car to repair it.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: ZIPPY] #2772411
05/08/20 11:09 AM
05/08/20 11:09 AM
Michigan
O
oldjonny Offline
Don't argue with me.
oldjonny  Offline
Don't argue with me.
O

Michigan
Originally Posted by ZIPPY

I don't know about that. That's painting the whole state with a pretty big brush, Jonny,

I'd have to say there are quite a few of us in Michigan who DO understand perfectly well, and who aren't complaining.

Have a great day wave

You can pick up a car but you can't get a pedicure, go to the gym or the mall, go to church with hugs kisses and handshakes afterwards,
and so on.

16 year old step son on his learner's permit drove me and him 80 miles round trip to and from the powder coater yesterday....his longest drive to date....he did well.
Day before that I made the same run by myself. Yep we saw a state trooper on the freeway, and yep nothing happened. Do what you need to do.

Car repair is "essential". You're picking up a car to repair it....guess what, it qualifies.

It's nothing. Go pick up the car and enjoy. Just remember you are trailering the car to repair it.

I will say that while I understand what she is trying to accomplish, there are things that make ZERO sense.

Its OK to resume car production but no other non-critical operations? New cars are critical during a Pandemic how again? Picking and choosing for certain.

We all know that southeast Michigan has remained the hotbed for the virus. We get that.

The levels of crazy seem to vary by the week.

And, you are correct. Everyone has an opinion and you are free to have yours. So, do you think when folks are going to pick up their recreational dope that they are any less of a possible contamination threat than someone getting a haircut?

Luckily you can now have a motor on your boat. All of the lonely guys that were rowing out onto Lake Michigan were getting lost and ending up in Chicago.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: oldjonny] #2772444
05/08/20 12:59 PM
05/08/20 12:59 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan

There's an endless list of so many things I think are total nonsense, happening in my home state everyday.

Sometimes rules are made for the greater good, whether we as individuals agree with them or not. I only partially agree here but I will go along with it.

How many people had tantrums and went to their capitol buildings brandishing firearms when metal was needed back in the day for the war effort, when they weren't allowed to buy a new car?

There's nothing sinister about the attempt to stop the virus from spreading, or at least slow it.

Yes it is all full of inconsistencies and hyprocrisy. However, I don't know of one adult activity that isn't.
We humans have messed up our own stuff and made everything as complicated as possible forever, why change now?

Dope and alcohol don't mean anything to me personally, However I know if you put an end to both, you create a black market and
will notice a loss of tax revenue.

There is a haircut black market....stylists/barbers who haven't got their unemployment yet are doing it at home discreetly.
It can't really be controlled. It's not smart, but it is what it is. The cops are not going to start raiding the homes of barbers.

At any rate the poor guy asked if he could haul a car, and was subjected to a tirade.
I say, yes you can haul a car: do it but be smart about it, and don't forget car repair of any kind is essential.
Nobody says the exact location the repair has to occur, or the exact nature of the repair.

Nothing further, I wish anyone with the attention span to read this a great day.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: oldjonny] #2772734
05/09/20 08:31 AM
05/09/20 08:31 AM
Portage,michigan
B
B3422W5 Offline
I Live Here
B3422W5  Offline
I Live Here
B

Portage,michigan
Originally Posted by ZIPPY

Have a great day wave

and so on.

I will say that while I understand what she is trying to accomplish, there are things that make ZERO sense.

Its OK to resume car production but no other non-critical operations? New cars are critical during a Pandemic how again? Picking and choosing for certain.

We all know that southeast Michigan has remained the hotbed for the virus. We get that.

The levels of crazy seem to vary by the week.

And, you are correct. Everyone has an opinion and you are free to have yours. So, do you think when folks are going to pick up their recreational dope that they are any less of a possible contamination threat than someone getting a haircut?

Luckily you can now have a motor on your boat. All of the lonely guys that were rowing out onto Lake Michigan were getting lost and ending up in Chicago.

She has made among the most poor decisions of any governor in the country.
Now, she is allowing GM, Ford, etc plants to reopen.....
But wont allow a car dealership to open a showroom....( i own one)......... zero interest in small business, and has done a terrible job protecting those who voted her in ( look at Detroit deaths, compared to rest of state)

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8

Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: rocksmopar] #2773165
05/10/20 12:23 PM
05/10/20 12:23 PM
Direct Enclosed Transporter
Trulyvintage Offline
master
Trulyvintage  Offline
master

Direct Enclosed Transporter
Originally Posted by rocksmopar

Need some clarity.

I currently have an agreement with someone to buy a car located just outside Detroit. I would like to pick the car up myself but have heard you still cannot travel the interstate without risk of being fined.

Jim the Transport guy said he will not travel this route..

Any ideas?

Thanks

To Clarify:

I have been transporting since COVID-19 started.

I pick up & drop off along interstate exits subject to availability.

I do not pick up or drop off on state roads that have travel restrictions in place.

If I am in California - I am not going to pick up a car in Michigan.

I have not been anywhere near Michigan in months.

Jim drive

file (41).jpeg
Re: Michigan Travel Restrictions to pick up a car? [Re: B3422W5] #2773534
05/11/20 02:03 PM
05/11/20 02:03 PM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline
top fuel
RobG  Offline
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
I went up to the farm in Rapid City, Michigan on Sunday. I left at 7 a.m. in the morning and between our home in S.E. Michigan and our destination, I believe I saw only 7 cars/trucks going our way. I only passed one car on I69 between our home and I-75 north.

We did experience a few white-out squalls north of West Branch.

On the way home we took 127 down the center of the state. There was moderate traffic. Vehicles were driving in groups of 3 and averaging 80 mph. There was the occasional vehicle passing you like you were standing still. I saw no police on the road all day.

I jut wonder if the weekend tourism traffic will pick up in a few weeks. It is really strange driving these roads with no traffic.

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.
Page 1 of 2 1 2