Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
I feel like abandoning the mask and pull out our particulate respirators. I digress but will keep those fresh for wien the upcoming spike occurs.

Been wearing my paint mask (new organic & pleat filters) for a while now. Mainly in stores where I'll spent sometime & typically more crowded. I want something that protects me from Them, not them from Me.
Has to be better then the now "fashionable" (logos, pics, sayings) fabric wraps out there.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2772328
05/08/20 02:03 AM
05/08/20 02:03 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by jcc
[quote=Pacnorthcuda][quote=Redbird]75,000 deaths so far. The peak has been flattened so there will be rooms at hospitals. Plugging along at about 2,000 deaths per day- so perhaps we have another 40,000+ deaths in the next 30 days. More people want to get out of their houses every day which will cause spikes in numbers of cases.
You betcha!! Now that the nice-summer weather is upon us. People may have tolerated staying in during milder weather, but not warmer Like bees out of a hive. Not to mentions the easing if restrictions
People are fortunate if they can telework. It just seems like time to find projects at home to do.

There is a great big bill coming for everyone soon.
Until there is a vaccine there are no good answers.

Sounds like an breakout of ignorance!
As an unabashed ignorant, please share with me/us what you think we don't know/understand about the above that warrants this "breakout" you mention.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: MR_P_BODY] #2772329
05/08/20 02:09 AM
05/08/20 02:09 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted by jcc
1. Everything does not have a simple answer
2. Gravity appears to be simple, but few can precisely explain its true origin, its often just described only as a "natural phenomenon"
3. Not giving a simple answer when speaking to the masses considering the lowest common denominator viewer, should by itself not be a disqualifier
4. Requiring simple answers can be fraught with unintended consequences.
5. Fauci by most accounts is smarter and more knowledgeable then me, hard for me to judge him on infectious diseases.

He's suppose to be the expert on infectious diseases..and he may but if you start digging you will see he is in
this for the money..
. start your own digging.. and try opening your eyes just a little
wave

Like in "The Dr. Fauci Show" on Fox Network, coming soon to you.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Redbird] #2772337
05/08/20 06:00 AM
05/08/20 06:00 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
There is a great big monetary bill to be paid,
not just in the USA,
but world wide.

The USA bill will be several times the $3.5 Trillion in additional government borrowing, above the pre-coronavirus expected $1 Trillion for the 2020 fiscal year budget deficit.

When the Treasury goes out to sell $4.5 Trillion in bonds,
what will investors ask for in interest rates?

Will the Federal Reserve Bank be the majority buyer of these bonds using instantly created electronic money?

In mainland China, what will everyday Chinese,
and rank and file soldiers in the PLA,
think of their leadership?

Before the coronavirus, there was strong evidence that the typical Chinese citizen thought their communist party leaders were financially corrupt.

We are certainly headed into uncertain times.

There is a Chinese Curse:

“May you live in interesting times.”

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2772342
05/08/20 06:25 AM
05/08/20 06:25 AM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
G

in a cattle trailer down by th...
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

Are you saying that if people hadn't been instructed to stay at home that the numbers of infections wouldn't have been any more?

READ it and cry into your pillow.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ospitalized-ny-had-been-staying-n1201421

The stats in that link mean absolutely nothing unless you can provide the numbers for the people that would have been infected had no one stayed home.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Guitar Jones] #2772352
05/08/20 07:20 AM
05/08/20 07:20 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Would you rather pay $120 in one month,
or $20 a month or 6 months,
or $10 a month for 12 months?

That’s “flattening the curve” of COVID-19.

The USA government was worried during the uncertain begining that hospital ICU’s would be overwhelmed,
and that in particular ventilators would be insufficient in numbers large enough to be “miracle life saving devices.”

The USA did “flatten the curve”
and ventilators numbers were sufficient
yet they were not “miracle life savers.”

We will have to wait many more months to count up the total deaths during the complete beginning to end course of this epidemic inside the USA.

Imagine for a moment an “alternative history”.

At the beginning of the coronavirus either governors or the President asked 18 to 28 year old females to volunteer to be deliberately infected with COVID-19 in special isolated camps, recover over 30 days, then twice a week donate “convalescent plasma” that would be rushed out to treat both the sick and the medical workers in the hospitals.

With 20/20 hindsight this might have been better policy and saved more lives.

Do you know the history of James Washington, George Washington’s son?
He volunteered at age 15 to fight at the battle of Yorktown but died of disease before the final assault.

Maybe we should have asked for 15 to 21 year old convalescent plasma volunteers?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2772441
05/08/20 12:29 PM
05/08/20 12:29 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by 360view
Would you rather pay $120 in one month,
or $20 a month or 6 months,
or $10 a month for 12 months?

That’s “flattening the curve” of COVID-19.

The USA government was worried during the uncertain begining that hospital ICU’s would be overwhelmed,
and that in particular ventilators would be insufficient in numbers large enough to be “miracle life saving devices.”

The USA did “flatten the curve”
and ventilators numbers were sufficient
yet they were not “miracle life savers.”

We will have to wait many more months to count up the total deaths during the complete beginning to end course of this epidemic inside the USA.

Imagine for a moment an “alternative history”.

At the beginning of the coronavirus either governors or the President asked 18 to 28 year old females to volunteer to be deliberately infected with COVID-19 in special isolated camps, recover over 30 days, then twice a week donate “convalescent plasma” that would be rushed out to treat both the sick and the medical workers in the hospitals.

With 20/20 hindsight this might have been better policy and saved more lives.

Do you know the history of James Washington, George Washington’s son?
He volunteered at age 15 to fight at the battle of Yorktown but died of disease before the final assault.

Maybe we should have asked for 15 to 21 year old convalescent plasma volunteers?

Your money analogy left out the fact that the interest paid on that installment plan is the destruction of jobs, businesses, investments and the economy. How much is the government on the hook for now? 5 trillion? Maybe? If the number of deaths reaches 80,000 here soon, that's over $62,000,000 per person. And that's just the governments tab. Add all of the losses of every business closed up for 2 months or maybe forever. Jobs and investments lost. Foreclosures, bankruptcies. We could have quarantined all the old people in 5 star hotels, with butlers, nurse and the best medical care available and saved a pile of money.

People's memories are short. The shutdown was supposed to be temporary to take the pressure of a surge off of the hospitals. Except for a few places, there was no surge. Preps made in NewYork were largely unused. Yet we still can't go to work, or the restaurant or the race track.

Now you can say the shutdown stopped the spread. And I can say that many more people had it than even know it and people were dealing with it and dying from it before it was even in the news. Or that outside of nursing homes, the elderly and those already unhealthy or chronically ill, it was total overkill based on the threat posed to normal, healthy people.

Ventilators killed many people. The numbers I see, very few people survived if they got to that point. But the hospital made a substantial bump in the money being paid for every person they put on one of those machines. whistling The things that make you go hmmmmm.

Maybe you have an elderly person in your household or someone you need to have regular contact with. That could be an issue. But that's on you to be a responsible person. Unless you're the kind of person who might stick his hand under a running lawnmower or dump hot coffee on his lap because you didn't know you shouldn't do those things, you should be able to figure out how to do the right thing.

Rather than talk about it, this is a summary of why Pennsylvania's economy has been devastated, lives ruined, billions in wealth up in smoke, citizens are supposed to stay locked in their homes and recreational activities have been shut down. It sucks. There are no good choices. Only bad or worse. We sure picked worse.

IMG_E3920[1].JPG
Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/08/20 12:42 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2772448
05/08/20 01:03 PM
05/08/20 01:03 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
NHRA selling "official" NHRA face masks. With the logo of course. Stupid things are becoming a fashion accessory. $25/3. Wonder where they're made.

SMDH. What a s***mess.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2772469
05/08/20 01:54 PM
05/08/20 01:54 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
The Texas motorplex at Ennis is opening for racing this coming weekend. Instead of time slips they have an app that will post the run info to your phone or other wifi toy.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2772471
05/08/20 01:57 PM
05/08/20 01:57 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Originally Posted by stumpy
The Texas motorplex at Ennis is opening for racing this coming weekend.

Will they be requiring masks for those not wearing a helmet?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2772473
05/08/20 02:01 PM
05/08/20 02:01 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas

Texas Motorplex Welcomes Racers This Weekend

Three Days of Appreciation Events Scheduled

ENNIS, TX (May 6, 2020) --- Beginning this Thursday Texas Motorplex will open the pit gate for local racers to start making runs for the first time since the first weekend of March. From Thursday through Saturday three days of racer appreciation events will be held to get action back on track at the historic track located on Hwy 287 in Ennis, Texas. While plans for additional participant events in the future are being finalized the Motorplex wanted to give the local racers a chance to burn some rubber. Following the guidance from the governor’s office as well as Ellis County health officials the track is prepared and confident that they can host limited racing activities as soon as possible.

“We are being very vigilant about health and safety concerns for our races and our team members,” said Andy Carter Texas Motorplex general manager. “We have new racer guidelines for the pit area and we have an app to eliminate the need for paper time slips. Racers just download the app and then they can see all their run information. We are excited to get cars back on one of the most historic race tracks in the country. These events are designed to just let racers race and have some fun while still being safe.”

The Thursday night event is open to any racer with a street car and DOT tires. Racers can make ¼ mile passes from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. on the all concrete race track. Friday night will be open to racers with radial tires and the track will be prepped for radial tire racing. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and racing will be contested from 7 p.m. until midnight. The third day of race appreciation events will be Saturday with a full day of activities with the gates opening at noon. Beginning at 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. race cars with slicks only (any category race car or dragster) can make passes. Beginning at 6 p.m. any make or model can make 1/8 or ¼ mile passes until midnight.

Tickets will be $10 person at the pit gate and include a free tech card. For additional information visit www.texasmotorplex.com or follow any of the Texas Motorplex social media channels.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: PhillyRag] #2772487
05/08/20 02:45 PM
05/08/20 02:45 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by PhillyRag
I feel like abandoning the mask and pull out our particulate respirators. I digress but will keep those fresh for wien the upcoming spike occurs.

Been wearing my paint mask (new organic & pleat filters) for a while now. Mainly in stores where I'll spent sometime & typically more crowded. I want something that protects me from Them, not them from Me.
Has to be better then the now "fashionable" (logos, pics, sayings) fabric wraps out there.

About all you're doing is protecting them from you. Unless those filters are N95 or whatever medical spec is considered effective, you are reducing your odds but nothing approaching zero. Even N95 doesn't do that.

Kevin

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2772490
05/08/20 02:47 PM
05/08/20 02:47 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by CMcAllister

Rather than talk about it, this is a summary of why Pennsylvania's economy has been devastated, lives ruined, billions in wealth up in smoke, citizens are supposed to stay locked in their homes and recreational activities have been shut down. It sucks. There are no good choices. Only bad or worse. We sure picked worse.

And 2100+ of those 3106 are the direct result of the stupidity of PA leaderships decision to follow NY's lead & send Covid patients back into the retirement communities. Personally I think that was beyond simply just a bad decision... it was downright criminal, and they should be prosecuted for it... at the very least sued for every dime they have by the families. Even a 6 year old knows that if he is sick... he's NOT going to visit Grandma until he's better! Yet our elected officials failed to be as smart as a 6yr old. PA should have followed Florida's lead & protected Nursing Homes... not condemned them to death like NY.
The bad decisions made by NY, spread just like the virus to the adjoining states.

States ordered nursing homes to take COVID-19 residents. Thousands died. How it happened

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2772498
05/08/20 02:52 PM
05/08/20 02:52 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-small-patients-severe-covid-arthritis.html

rheumatoid arthritis drug anakinra in small clinical trial appears to treat worse covid cases

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2772504
05/08/20 03:17 PM
05/08/20 03:17 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by Runner2go

The bad decisions made by NY, spread just like the virus to the adjoining states.

Bad decisions were made all around by those "in charge" regardless of the continents/countries/entities involved to have caused a global gridlock of chaos, the US takes the cake though for hyped news/panic along with overreaction and bureaucratic blundering at it's best... but the "best" is yet to come

Covuiidbs.JPG
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: not_a_charger] #2772512
05/08/20 03:40 PM
05/08/20 03:40 PM
541 slobovia
A990 Online content
master
A990  Online Content
master

541 slobovia
I hope shes joking

navmask.jpg
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DAYCLONA] #2772514
05/08/20 03:43 PM
05/08/20 03:43 PM
Central Mississippi
mopar97 Offline
enthusiast
mopar97  Offline
enthusiast

Central Mississippi
The financial and mental crisis has not even started yet... it's gonna be bad. Suicide, Divorce, abuse, drugs, bankruptcy will not start until people can no longer pay their maxed out CC bill. That is when the crisis will really start.

Mopar born, Mopar breed, when I die, call me Mopar dead!
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: A990] #2772516
05/08/20 03:45 PM
05/08/20 03:45 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by A990
I hope shes joking

Poster girl for the stupid public.. Looks like someone who might drink fish aquarium cleaner or drink Lysol.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2772517
05/08/20 03:47 PM
05/08/20 03:47 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by CMcAllister

And 2100+ of those 3106 are the direct result of the stupidity of PA leaderships decision to follow NY's lead & send Covid patients back into the retirement communities. Personally I think that was beyond simply just a bad decision... it was downright criminal, and they should be prosecuted for it... at the very least sued for every dime they have by the families. Even a 6 year old knows that if he is sick... he's NOT going to visit Grandma until he's better! Yet our elected officials failed to be as smart as a 6yr old. PA should have followed Florida's lead & protected Nursing Homes... not condemned them to death like NY.

States ordered nursing homes to take COVID-19 residents. Thousands died. How it happened

This is being talked about here. Wolf has so many people after him, you have to take a number.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Twostick] #2772519
05/08/20 03:49 PM
05/08/20 03:49 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by Twostick
Originally Posted by PhillyRag

About all you're doing is protecting them from you. Unless those filters are N95 or whatever medical spec is considered effective, you are reducing your odds but nothing approaching zero. Even N95 doesn't do that.

Kevin

Odds of what? Dying? Your odds are close to zero if you don't do anything.

Page 68 of 136 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 135 136