05/07/20 11:09 PM
05/07/20 11:09 PM
S.E.Ohio
Magnumguy Offline OP
I Live Here
Magnumguy  Offline OP
I Live Here

S.E.Ohio
Hey folks, wondering what anyone has heard concerning the Carlisle show this year. I read/heard someplace that the Ford show was delayed 1 month, which puts it very close to the Chrysler show.

Anyone got some info?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Magnumguy] #2772321
05/08/20 01:13 AM
05/08/20 01:13 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by Magnumguy
Hey folks, wondering what anyone has heard concerning the Carlisle show this year. I read/heard someplace that the Ford show was delayed 1 month, which puts it very close to the Chrysler show.

Anyone got some info?

Hope it's mid august for the warmer weather.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: PhillyRag] #2772351
05/08/20 07:19 AM
05/08/20 07:19 AM
The Historic Hudson Valley
MONC Offline
master
MONC  Offline
master

The Historic Hudson Valley
Originally Posted by PhillyRag
Originally Posted by Magnumguy

Anyone got some info?

Hope it's mid august for the warmer weather.

Rarely has it been pretty hot at Carlisle in mid july, don't need it hotter !

Mopar
Or
No
Car
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Magnumguy] #2772363
05/08/20 08:22 AM
05/08/20 08:22 AM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
Member known as the "Artist"
rrbrucea  Offline
Member known as the "Artist"

Nort Cackalacky
Ed has been great about posting updates on their Facebook page concerning the Chrysler show. So far it has NOT been rescheduled, and Ed is hopeful it won't have to be. But like everything else right now, it's not entirely under our control.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: rrbrucea] #2772369
05/08/20 08:47 AM
05/08/20 08:47 AM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA

Thank you, Bruce!

Perhaps I should make a standalone Carlisle post on here, but for now, I'll address this one. Below is a copy and paste of what I posted on my PERSONAL Facebook. It's a little out of date because since then the Ford show was rescheduled to the end of July but the point of the post is still valid. Please read it and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't spread rumors or listen to them. To get the most current info, go to www.CarlisleEvents.com or any of our event Facebook pages!!

Without further ado:

The Carlisle Chrysler Nationals is NOT cancelled!! I was alerted tonight that there is another rumor going around and I want to clear things up. Here are some FACTS:

Nobody knows what is going to happen with this virus. As an event promoter, we are expected to predict the future. We can't! But we at least have to have a solid plan and be ready to change. We have already changed some shows. If you look at those changes, you'll see that we are changing them in the order in which they occur. Spring Carlisle got moved and so did our Import show. Those were the first 2 shows on our original schedule. Ford is next, scheduled for June 5-7, then it's our rescheduled Spring, then Chevy and THEN Chrysler. If Ford, Spring and Chevy aren't canceled (which they are NOT), why would we jump to Chrysler and cancel it, or even move it, at this point if we haven't moved the 3 shows before it??

Can the above change? Sure! And IF it does, here is the process and timeline: If we feel that we won't be able to have a show safely or the governor isn't allowing events on the date of an event and we have no choice but to reschedule, we look for alternate available dates. Once we find the best available date and we're SURE we need to reschedule, we get the team together to plan our official announcement. We pick the date and EXACT time that the announcement will be made via Facebook, our website and emails to that show's database. So far when we've done this, it all occurs in about 1-2 days.

For the best and most current information, just go to our website (www.CarlisleEvents.com) or the show's Facebook page. Whatever you see there is current! If you hear a rumor that one of our shows is canceled or rescheduled, don't call or message us (or me), just check either of the above sources.

I hope this helps and I'm planning to see everyone July 10-12 😁

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2772403
05/08/20 10:53 AM
05/08/20 10:53 AM
S.E.Ohio
Magnumguy Offline OP
I Live Here
Magnumguy  Offline OP
I Live Here

S.E.Ohio
I was hoping he'd chime in.

OK, thanks for the updates

"Multiple Magnum owner since 1978!!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146952895354657/
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Magnumguy] #2774405
05/14/20 07:43 AM
05/14/20 07:43 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Well I see are governor still has the county which Carlisle is in still in the red. From what I have read if a county is moved to the next step yellow I believe places are limited to 25 in one group at least we will have plenty of elbow room. Well i guess all we can do is wait and see!

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 05/14/20 07:44 AM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2774546
05/14/20 03:19 PM
05/14/20 03:19 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
At the 2pm Health of the State news conference today, the PA Health Secretary was asked about the status of upcoming large events in the State, be it outdoor events (like a Fair) or indoor (like a concert/auction/gun show/etc)

He/She said that no official decision has been made yet, as currently all county's are in either a Red or Yellow status.
Then followed up that comment with "no large events can occur in a County, UNTIL it returns to GREEN Status".

Take that for what it's worth...
But it seems the county has less than 8weeks left to move from Red to Green. luck
Yellow won't cut it according to Levine... who seems to be the only thing Wolf is listening too.

Haven't looked at a map, but hopefully Carlisle isn't in Dauphin County... They have been fighting all week with the Governor. And he is lashing out hard on all who dare to defy... and he holds a grudge. My bet is the 6 counties he is fighting with now, will be the last ones in the State allowed to open. frown

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2774585
05/14/20 05:03 PM
05/14/20 05:03 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Yes you got that right and I guess when you think of it I,m sure it is less than 8 weeks because Carlisle needs time for everything to take place and get things ready so we might be talking 4 weeks. According to those in command it sounds like most counties still have an increase of the virus so it,s hard to believe that it will be green in 8 weeks. Maybe Ed will let us know how many weeks they need till it is moved to another date. Ed is a great guy and I know that I wouldn,t want to be in his shoes but keep up the good work!!!!

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 05/14/20 05:04 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2774678
05/14/20 10:11 PM
05/14/20 10:11 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Thanks for the update.

Is Carlisle in the same county as Harrisburg the capital?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2774724
05/15/20 06:20 AM
05/15/20 06:20 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Carlisle is in Cumberland and Harrisburg is in Dauphin. The governor has said that any business opening ahead of time will be subject to losing any goverment money and also may lose there business license. The whole thing is getting wilder by the day!!!!! PS I live in Berks county about 50 miles from Carlisle and already the towns are beginning to cancel July 4th activities.

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 05/15/20 06:32 AM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2774770
05/15/20 10:22 AM
05/15/20 10:22 AM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
As some professional sports start back up without fans in attendance, it would be interesting to hear how the fairgrounds staff is planning to control social distancing protocols within the grounds.

Put aside the swap meet and car corral areas for a minute (but a major issue), what type of safety measures are being put in place for areas where there would typically be a large gathering of people in a small amount of space (concession stands, bathrooms, stands near the stage, information building, seminar tent area, car buildings)? I would assume the fairgrounds now has dedicated entrances and exits to promote social distancing.

If the event takes place this year, it will be interesting to see how far in advance guidelines/map are posted to prepare attendees.

Other questions that I’m thinking of are following:

Will camping be allowed on the property?

Will they rearrange the layout of the swap meet / show fields spots? Will the aisles have one way flow?

If Dodge continues with the thrill rides, will it be limited to a driver and one customer in the back seat (with sanitizing in between rides)?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: vinnyd76] #2774786
05/15/20 11:15 AM
05/15/20 11:15 AM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by vinnyd76
As some professional sports start back up without fans in attendance, it would be interesting to hear how the fairgrounds staff is planning to control social distancing protocols within the grounds.

Put aside the swap meet and car corral areas for a minute (but a major issue), what type of safety measures are being put in place for areas where there would typically be a large gathering of people in a small amount of space (concession stands, bathrooms, stands near the stage, information building, seminar tent area, car buildings)? I would assume the fairgrounds now has dedicated entrances and exits to promote social distancing.

If the event takes place this year, it will be interesting to see how far in advance guidelines/map are posted to prepare attendees.

Will they rearrange the layout of the swap meet / show fields spots? Will the aisles have one way flow?

If Dodge continues with the thrill rides, will it be limited to a driver and one customer in the back seat (with sanitizing in between rides)?

We are looking at ALL of the points addressed above and then some. Yes, we are planning to implement measures. Right now, we still have 2 shows scheduled ahead of Chrysler so we are looking at a "worst case scenario" for those shows. Meaning, social distancing, extra sanitation, "sneeze guards" in Guest Services, etc. Hopefully we can lighten those measures as the season progresses.

We have prepared a 44-page document with our plan of how we can hold our events and do it SAFELY for everyone. We're on it!!

Right now, the numbers in Cumberland County are improving so that's a really good sign! Our staff is still working every day. Most are working from home but I choose to come to the office every day. The swap meet numbers are still UP over last year (year-to-date) and last year we completely sold out of every single space. Showfield numbers are down a little (less than 10%) but I think that's because a lot of people are waiting to register. I understand and that's fine. ALL of my special guests are still planning to attend.

I'm not sure what else I can say other than we absolutely want to have the shows (all of them) and that's what we are planning for. Now it's up to the government officials and how the disease numbers go over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!!

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2774814
05/15/20 12:24 PM
05/15/20 12:24 PM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
Originally Posted by cudaboy340

We are looking at ALL of the points addressed above and then some. Yes, we are planning to implement measures. Right now, we still have 2 shows scheduled ahead of Chrysler so we are looking at a "worst case scenario" for those shows. Meaning, social distancing, extra sanitation, "sneeze guards" in Guest Services, etc. Hopefully we can lighten those measures as the season progresses.

We have prepared a 44-page document with our plan of how we can hold our events and do it SAFELY for everyone. We're on it!!

Right now, the numbers in Cumberland County are improving so that's a really good sign! Our staff is still working every day. Most are working from home but I choose to come to the office every day. The swap meet numbers are still UP over last year (year-to-date) and last year we completely sold out of every single space. Showfield numbers are down a little (less than 10%) but I think that's because a lot of people are waiting to register. I understand and that's fine. ALL of my special guests are still planning to attend.

I'm not sure what else I can say other than we absolutely want to have the shows (all of them) and that's what we are planning for. Now it's up to the government officials and how the disease numbers go over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!!

Ed

Ed,

Thank you for the quick response! I always look forward to the event each year.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: vinnyd76] #2774850
05/15/20 01:32 PM
05/15/20 01:32 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia

Would it be feasible and somewhat enforceable to make the show and swap meet aisles "One-Way", with passing allowed?

And while we are on possibilities, how about some seating spread out among the site, and a little shade might be asking too much? eek

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2774851
05/15/20 01:33 PM
05/15/20 01:33 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by 72 RR DUDE
Carlisle is in Cumberland and Harrisburg is in Dauphin. The governor has said that any business opening ahead of time will be subject to losing any goverment money and also may lose there business license. The whole thing is getting wilder by the day!!!!! PS I live in Berks county about 50 miles from Carlisle and already the towns are beginning to cancel July 4th activities.

Looks like Cumberland gets to go to Yellow on May 22nd... along with York, where I'm at.
"The Associated Press has learned that Wolf is planning to announce Friday that effective May 22, Adams, Beaver, Carbon, Columbia, Cumberland, Juniata, Mifflin, Perry, Susquehanna, Wyoming, Wayne and York will be the next batch of counties moving to the “yellow” phase of his reopening plan."

Now Cumberland just needs to get to GREEN early enough for plans to be made.
It will be interesting to see if Hotels will allow all the reservations... especially in Harrisburg area.
There has been some talk on the local news of Hotels re-opening at a lowered capacity.
(Also no morning breakfast buffets)

Glad York made the list, as it's been getting a little ugly here...
Our York DA is refusing to follow the Gov, and will not cite anyone for lock-down violations.
So Wolf is using the State Police as his personal SS, to hand out fines, and shut down businesses here.
frown

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2774962
05/15/20 07:54 PM
05/15/20 07:54 PM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only

Here
Originally Posted by jcc

Would it be feasible and somewhat enforceable to make the show and swap meet aisles "One-Way", with passing allowed?

Good luck making someone who just bought a fender walk 1.5 aisles to get to the exit instead of turn around and go back out the 1/2 aisle the way they came laugh2

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2775036
05/16/20 08:57 AM
05/16/20 08:57 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted by jcc

And while we are on possibilities, how about some seating spread out among the site, and a little shade might be asking too much? eek

Some a/c would be nice too! I've lived in PA most of my life but have only hit this event a couple times because ya know, humidity in this part of the world.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DirectSubjection] #2775038
05/16/20 09:00 AM
05/16/20 09:00 AM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by jcc

Good luck making someone who just bought a fender walk 1.5 aisles to get to the exit instead of turn around and go back out the 1/2 aisle the way they came laugh2

You must be thinking of a Chevy or Ford enthusiasts? Mopar enthusiasts always follow the rules.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DirectSubjection] #2775041
05/16/20 09:07 AM
05/16/20 09:07 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by jcc

I see your point, after walking miles of aisles for days to score a 50? year old rusted fender for a few bucks, walking across an aisle to the next one just to facilitate the flow of pedestrian traffic for the rest of the day for thousands, would be a bridge too far, I forget, this is a mopar get off my lawn crowd. biggrin

Seriously, if wearing a mask is infringing figuratively on one's rights during a pandemic, requiring crowds to walk one direction on an open air aisle is just a potential spark for a riot I suspect.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11