05/07/20 11:09 PM
05/07/20 11:09 PM
S.E.Ohio
Magnumguy Offline OP
I Live Here
Magnumguy  Offline OP
I Live Here

S.E.Ohio
Hey folks, wondering what anyone has heard concerning the Carlisle show this year. I read/heard someplace that the Ford show was delayed 1 month, which puts it very close to the Chrysler show.

Anyone got some info?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Magnumguy] #2772321
05/08/20 01:13 AM
05/08/20 01:13 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by Magnumguy
Hey folks, wondering what anyone has heard concerning the Carlisle show this year. I read/heard someplace that the Ford show was delayed 1 month, which puts it very close to the Chrysler show.

Anyone got some info?

Hope it's mid august for the warmer weather.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: PhillyRag] #2772351
05/08/20 07:19 AM
05/08/20 07:19 AM
The Historic Hudson Valley
MONC Offline
master
MONC  Offline
master

Originally Posted by PhillyRag
Originally Posted by Magnumguy

Anyone got some info?

Hope it's mid august for the warmer weather.

Rarely has it been pretty hot at Carlisle in mid july, don't need it hotter !

Mopar
Or
No
Car
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Magnumguy] #2772363
05/08/20 08:22 AM
05/08/20 08:22 AM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
Member known as the "Artist"
rrbrucea  Offline
Member known as the "Artist"

Nort Cackalacky
Ed has been great about posting updates on their Facebook page concerning the Chrysler show. So far it has NOT been rescheduled, and Ed is hopeful it won't have to be. But like everything else right now, it's not entirely under our control.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: rrbrucea] #2772369
05/08/20 08:47 AM
05/08/20 08:47 AM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA

Thank you, Bruce!

Perhaps I should make a standalone Carlisle post on here, but for now, I'll address this one. Below is a copy and paste of what I posted on my PERSONAL Facebook. It's a little out of date because since then the Ford show was rescheduled to the end of July but the point of the post is still valid. Please read it and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't spread rumors or listen to them. To get the most current info, go to www.CarlisleEvents.com or any of our event Facebook pages!!

Without further ado:

The Carlisle Chrysler Nationals is NOT cancelled!! I was alerted tonight that there is another rumor going around and I want to clear things up. Here are some FACTS:

Nobody knows what is going to happen with this virus. As an event promoter, we are expected to predict the future. We can't! But we at least have to have a solid plan and be ready to change. We have already changed some shows. If you look at those changes, you'll see that we are changing them in the order in which they occur. Spring Carlisle got moved and so did our Import show. Those were the first 2 shows on our original schedule. Ford is next, scheduled for June 5-7, then it's our rescheduled Spring, then Chevy and THEN Chrysler. If Ford, Spring and Chevy aren't canceled (which they are NOT), why would we jump to Chrysler and cancel it, or even move it, at this point if we haven't moved the 3 shows before it??

Can the above change? Sure! And IF it does, here is the process and timeline: If we feel that we won't be able to have a show safely or the governor isn't allowing events on the date of an event and we have no choice but to reschedule, we look for alternate available dates. Once we find the best available date and we're SURE we need to reschedule, we get the team together to plan our official announcement. We pick the date and EXACT time that the announcement will be made via Facebook, our website and emails to that show's database. So far when we've done this, it all occurs in about 1-2 days.

For the best and most current information, just go to our website (www.CarlisleEvents.com) or the show's Facebook page. Whatever you see there is current! If you hear a rumor that one of our shows is canceled or rescheduled, don't call or message us (or me), just check either of the above sources.

I hope this helps and I'm planning to see everyone July 10-12 😁

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2772403
05/08/20 10:53 AM
05/08/20 10:53 AM
S.E.Ohio
Magnumguy Offline OP
I Live Here
Magnumguy  Offline OP
I Live Here

S.E.Ohio
I was hoping he'd chime in.

OK, thanks for the updates

"Multiple Magnum owner since 1978!!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146952895354657/
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Magnumguy] #2774405
05/14/20 07:43 AM
05/14/20 07:43 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Well I see are governor still has the county which Carlisle is in still in the red. From what I have read if a county is moved to the next step yellow I believe places are limited to 25 in one group at least we will have plenty of elbow room. Well i guess all we can do is wait and see!

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 05/14/20 07:44 AM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2774546
05/14/20 03:19 PM
05/14/20 03:19 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
At the 2pm Health of the State news conference today, the PA Health Secretary was asked about the status of upcoming large events in the State, be it outdoor events (like a Fair) or indoor (like a concert/auction/gun show/etc)

He/She said that no official decision has been made yet, as currently all county's are in either a Red or Yellow status.
Then followed up that comment with "no large events can occur in a County, UNTIL it returns to GREEN Status".

Take that for what it's worth...
But it seems the county has less than 8weeks left to move from Red to Green. luck
Yellow won't cut it according to Levine... who seems to be the only thing Wolf is listening too.

Haven't looked at a map, but hopefully Carlisle isn't in Dauphin County... They have been fighting all week with the Governor. And he is lashing out hard on all who dare to defy... and he holds a grudge. My bet is the 6 counties he is fighting with now, will be the last ones in the State allowed to open. frown

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2774585
05/14/20 05:03 PM
05/14/20 05:03 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Yes you got that right and I guess when you think of it I,m sure it is less than 8 weeks because Carlisle needs time for everything to take place and get things ready so we might be talking 4 weeks. According to those in command it sounds like most counties still have an increase of the virus so it,s hard to believe that it will be green in 8 weeks. Maybe Ed will let us know how many weeks they need till it is moved to another date. Ed is a great guy and I know that I wouldn,t want to be in his shoes but keep up the good work!!!!

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 05/14/20 05:04 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2774678
05/14/20 10:11 PM
05/14/20 10:11 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Thanks for the update.

Is Carlisle in the same county as Harrisburg the capital?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2774724
05/15/20 06:20 AM
05/15/20 06:20 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Carlisle is in Cumberland and Harrisburg is in Dauphin. The governor has said that any business opening ahead of time will be subject to losing any goverment money and also may lose there business license. The whole thing is getting wilder by the day!!!!! PS I live in Berks county about 50 miles from Carlisle and already the towns are beginning to cancel July 4th activities.

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 05/15/20 06:32 AM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2774770
05/15/20 10:22 AM
05/15/20 10:22 AM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
As some professional sports start back up without fans in attendance, it would be interesting to hear how the fairgrounds staff is planning to control social distancing protocols within the grounds.

Put aside the swap meet and car corral areas for a minute (but a major issue), what type of safety measures are being put in place for areas where there would typically be a large gathering of people in a small amount of space (concession stands, bathrooms, stands near the stage, information building, seminar tent area, car buildings)? I would assume the fairgrounds now has dedicated entrances and exits to promote social distancing.

If the event takes place this year, it will be interesting to see how far in advance guidelines/map are posted to prepare attendees.

Other questions that I’m thinking of are following:

Will camping be allowed on the property?

Will they rearrange the layout of the swap meet / show fields spots? Will the aisles have one way flow?

If Dodge continues with the thrill rides, will it be limited to a driver and one customer in the back seat (with sanitizing in between rides)?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: vinnyd76] #2774786
05/15/20 11:15 AM
05/15/20 11:15 AM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by vinnyd76
As some professional sports start back up without fans in attendance, it would be interesting to hear how the fairgrounds staff is planning to control social distancing protocols within the grounds.

Put aside the swap meet and car corral areas for a minute (but a major issue), what type of safety measures are being put in place for areas where there would typically be a large gathering of people in a small amount of space (concession stands, bathrooms, stands near the stage, information building, seminar tent area, car buildings)? I would assume the fairgrounds now has dedicated entrances and exits to promote social distancing.

If the event takes place this year, it will be interesting to see how far in advance guidelines/map are posted to prepare attendees.

Will they rearrange the layout of the swap meet / show fields spots? Will the aisles have one way flow?

If Dodge continues with the thrill rides, will it be limited to a driver and one customer in the back seat (with sanitizing in between rides)?

We are looking at ALL of the points addressed above and then some. Yes, we are planning to implement measures. Right now, we still have 2 shows scheduled ahead of Chrysler so we are looking at a "worst case scenario" for those shows. Meaning, social distancing, extra sanitation, "sneeze guards" in Guest Services, etc. Hopefully we can lighten those measures as the season progresses.

We have prepared a 44-page document with our plan of how we can hold our events and do it SAFELY for everyone. We're on it!!

Right now, the numbers in Cumberland County are improving so that's a really good sign! Our staff is still working every day. Most are working from home but I choose to come to the office every day. The swap meet numbers are still UP over last year (year-to-date) and last year we completely sold out of every single space. Showfield numbers are down a little (less than 10%) but I think that's because a lot of people are waiting to register. I understand and that's fine. ALL of my special guests are still planning to attend.

I'm not sure what else I can say other than we absolutely want to have the shows (all of them) and that's what we are planning for. Now it's up to the government officials and how the disease numbers go over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!!

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2774814
05/15/20 12:24 PM
05/15/20 12:24 PM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
Originally Posted by cudaboy340

We are looking at ALL of the points addressed above and then some. Yes, we are planning to implement measures. Right now, we still have 2 shows scheduled ahead of Chrysler so we are looking at a "worst case scenario" for those shows. Meaning, social distancing, extra sanitation, "sneeze guards" in Guest Services, etc. Hopefully we can lighten those measures as the season progresses.

We have prepared a 44-page document with our plan of how we can hold our events and do it SAFELY for everyone. We're on it!!

Right now, the numbers in Cumberland County are improving so that's a really good sign! Our staff is still working every day. Most are working from home but I choose to come to the office every day. The swap meet numbers are still UP over last year (year-to-date) and last year we completely sold out of every single space. Showfield numbers are down a little (less than 10%) but I think that's because a lot of people are waiting to register. I understand and that's fine. ALL of my special guests are still planning to attend.

I'm not sure what else I can say other than we absolutely want to have the shows (all of them) and that's what we are planning for. Now it's up to the government officials and how the disease numbers go over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!!

Ed

Ed,

Thank you for the quick response! I always look forward to the event each year.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: vinnyd76] #2774850
05/15/20 01:32 PM
05/15/20 01:32 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia

Would it be feasible and somewhat enforceable to make the show and swap meet aisles "One-Way", with passing allowed?

And while we are on possibilities, how about some seating spread out among the site, and a little shade might be asking too much? eek

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2774851
05/15/20 01:33 PM
05/15/20 01:33 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by 72 RR DUDE
Carlisle is in Cumberland and Harrisburg is in Dauphin. The governor has said that any business opening ahead of time will be subject to losing any goverment money and also may lose there business license. The whole thing is getting wilder by the day!!!!! PS I live in Berks county about 50 miles from Carlisle and already the towns are beginning to cancel July 4th activities.

Looks like Cumberland gets to go to Yellow on May 22nd... along with York, where I'm at.
"The Associated Press has learned that Wolf is planning to announce Friday that effective May 22, Adams, Beaver, Carbon, Columbia, Cumberland, Juniata, Mifflin, Perry, Susquehanna, Wyoming, Wayne and York will be the next batch of counties moving to the “yellow” phase of his reopening plan."

Now Cumberland just needs to get to GREEN early enough for plans to be made.
It will be interesting to see if Hotels will allow all the reservations... especially in Harrisburg area.
There has been some talk on the local news of Hotels re-opening at a lowered capacity.
(Also no morning breakfast buffets)

Glad York made the list, as it's been getting a little ugly here...
Our York DA is refusing to follow the Gov, and will not cite anyone for lock-down violations.
So Wolf is using the State Police as his personal SS, to hand out fines, and shut down businesses here.
frown

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2774962
05/15/20 07:54 PM
05/15/20 07:54 PM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline

Here
Originally Posted by jcc

Would it be feasible and somewhat enforceable to make the show and swap meet aisles "One-Way", with passing allowed?

Good luck making someone who just bought a fender walk 1.5 aisles to get to the exit instead of turn around and go back out the 1/2 aisle the way they came laugh2

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2775036
05/16/20 08:57 AM
05/16/20 08:57 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted by jcc

And while we are on possibilities, how about some seating spread out among the site, and a little shade might be asking too much? eek

Some a/c would be nice too! I've lived in PA most of my life but have only hit this event a couple times because ya know, humidity in this part of the world.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DirectSubjection] #2775038
05/16/20 09:00 AM
05/16/20 09:00 AM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by jcc

Good luck making someone who just bought a fender walk 1.5 aisles to get to the exit instead of turn around and go back out the 1/2 aisle the way they came laugh2

You must be thinking of a Chevy or Ford enthusiasts? Mopar enthusiasts always follow the rules.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DirectSubjection] #2775041
05/16/20 09:07 AM
05/16/20 09:07 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by jcc

I see your point, after walking miles of aisles for days to score a 50? year old rusted fender for a few bucks, walking across an aisle to the next one just to facilitate the flow of pedestrian traffic for the rest of the day for thousands, would be a bridge too far, I forget, this is a mopar get off my lawn crowd. biggrin

Seriously, if wearing a mask is infringing figuratively on one's rights during a pandemic, requiring crowds to walk one direction on an open air aisle is just a potential spark for a riot I suspect.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2775079
05/16/20 10:39 AM
05/16/20 10:39 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
I,ve been watching this Red, Yellow, Green deal the governor has going and there isn,t even any talk of going green in the counties that first went yellow. I hate to say this but it looks like it will be a long time till any counties go Green and according to are leaders Green is the only way that any place can have a large number of people even yellow is only allowed 25 people!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2775088
05/16/20 11:11 AM
05/16/20 11:11 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i have only missed two shows since it's inception. the first one, and one a couple of years ago when the water pump went out of my "bus" 50 miles into the trip.
as an old duffer with severe health issues, i believe i will pass this year, even if all the precautions are taken.
i'm not a "hide under the covers till it's gone" kind of guy, but i sure wouldn't want to bring the "cooties" home to my wonderful wife of 40 years.
beer

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2775159
05/16/20 03:14 PM
05/16/20 03:14 PM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

I see your point, after walking miles of aisles for days to score a 50? year old rusted fender for a few bucks, walking across an aisle to the next one just to facilitate the flow of pedestrian traffic for the rest of the day for thousands, would be a bridge too far, I forget, this is a mopar get off my lawn crowd. biggrin

Seriously, if wearing a mask is infringing figuratively on one's rights during a pandemic, requiring crowds to walk one direction on an open air aisle is just a potential spark for a riot I suspect.

I have my spaces in row P far back corner by gate 7. Fence on 2 sides of my spaces
You don't know how many people I have had to stop over the years from using my spaces as a toilet

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775511
05/17/20 05:32 PM
05/17/20 05:32 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
That's sad to hear, but a reality we live in.

Would more, better located porta potties by event producer might relieve (pun intended) your situation?

Seems like there maybe a few vacant vendor spots scattered across the site this year, just screaming for a Porta Potty.

I would keep complaining.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775571
05/17/20 08:10 PM
05/17/20 08:10 PM
MICHIGAN
DynoDave Offline
master
DynoDave  Offline
master

MICHIGAN
Originally Posted by Dartforforty
I have my spaces in row P far back corner by gate 7. Fence on 2 sides of my spaces. You don't know how many people I have had to stop over the years from using my spaces as a toilet.

Sad. But it is Row "P" after all. grin

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2775641
05/18/20 08:33 AM
05/18/20 08:33 AM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey
One year I had a B#@&hy old woman walking her ankle biting dog and she let him crap right in front of my tables on the lawn and she walked away

I yelled at her Hey are you going to clean that up, she gave me a look took out some tissues and picked it up

I would have picked it up and threw it at her if she didn't

I don't complain, I just handle the situation my own way.

Last edited by Dartforforty; 05/18/20 08:34 AM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775710
05/18/20 01:06 PM
05/18/20 01:06 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
I get that but, its hard for the promoter to fix what they don't know about, and I bet you are not alone in your predicament.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775994
05/18/20 10:31 PM
05/18/20 10:31 PM
MICHIGAN
DynoDave Offline
master
DynoDave  Offline
master

MICHIGAN
Originally Posted by Dartforforty
One year I had a B#@&hy old woman walking her ankle biting dog and she let him crap right in front of my tables on the lawn and she walked away

I yelled at her Hey are you going to clean that up, she gave me a look took out some tissues and picked it up

Man, that's terrible! I've only been to Carlisle a couple of times, but never saw anything like this. Is there a "bad side" of the swap meet, like a bad side of town? grin

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DynoDave] #2777399
05/23/20 04:47 PM
05/23/20 04:47 PM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
My wife was just asking me this morning if I want her to come with me this year, as she has to schedule the Friday off. I have a showfield entry and hotel reservation already. I will probably go depending on if they are allowed to hold the event or not. I mainly go to race Friday nights Mopar race at South Mountain Raceway if thats not held it will be a deciding factor in my attending. I do want to see the display of special Dodge drag trucks, and the AARs and T/As and the 50 years of Dusters as I have had four of them . Its great Cudaboy keeps us informed lets hope for good news !

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2777469
05/23/20 08:22 PM
05/23/20 08:22 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Originally Posted by jcc

What would be the purpose of traveling one way? Does the virus only go a certain direction in the outdoors so this would cut down any potential spread? That being said I hope the show goes on successful and it's not ruined with regulations..

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: QuickBpBp] #2777495
05/23/20 09:09 PM
05/23/20 09:09 PM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline

Here
Originally Posted by QuickBpBp
Originally Posted by jcc

What would be the purpose of traveling one way? Does the virus only go a certain direction in the outdoors so this would cut down any potential spread? That being said I hope the show goes on successful and it's not ruined with regulations..

Theoretically - in stores with shopping carts - people wouldn't pass close to each other much and the cart would maintain distance when several people are in an aisle. I think they have pretty much stopped that here now, along with limiting the amount of people in stores.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: QuickBpBp] #2777615
05/24/20 08:51 AM
05/24/20 08:51 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by jcc

I can't comment on the effectiveness of the true reduction of covid transmission, BUT the big box stores implemented it, and the public seemed to be accepting of it, even it might have been more "theater" then anything else, what else is new, however with a car show, you know what its like wandering thru the swap field aisles, and bouncing from side to side when things catch your eye, when traffic is both ways, you are constantly running into head on other shoppers, then you do the shuck and jive a few things before you figure which side each is going to pass on, not a big deal, but we are both stopped, face to face, for a moment, all that would be done with if everybody was walking the same way. It will not be an issue when many stay home.

Hey I get it, new ideas are always poo poo before being tried, Change sucks for some. Thanks for asking, which I believe was a fair and somewhat sincere question.

edit I'm not astute enough to know if my shuck and jive reference is offensive to some, so if so, my apologies in advance as it was not meant to be.

Last edited by jcc; 05/24/20 08:56 AM.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2778235
05/26/20 02:18 AM
05/26/20 02:18 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

I can't comment on the effectiveness of the true reduction of covid transmission, BUT the big box stores implemented it, and the public seemed to be accepting of it, even it might have been more "theater" then anything else, what else is new, however with a car show, you know what its like wandering thru the swap field aisles, and bouncing from side to side when things catch your eye, when traffic is both ways, you are constantly running into head on other shoppers, then you do the shuck and jive a few things before you figure which side each is going to pass on, not a big deal, but we are both stopped, face to face, for a moment, all that would be done with if everybody was walking the same way. It will not be an issue when many stay home.

Hey I get it, new ideas are always poo poo before being tried, Change sucks for some. Thanks for asking, which I believe was a fair and somewhat sincere question.

edit I'm not astute enough to know if my shuck and jive reference is offensive to some, so if so, my apologies in advance as it was not meant to be.

Every store in this area that implemented 1-way isles, already did away with them.
Didn't even last a week at Giant(grocery store)... signs & arrows are gone at the Home Depot, Walmart & SAMS too.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2778291
05/26/20 10:47 AM
05/26/20 10:47 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

Every store in this area that implemented 1-way isles, already did away with them.
Didn't even last a week at Giant(grocery store)... signs & arrows are gone at the Home Depot, Walmart & SAMS too.

It seemed to me the Big Box store one way COVID concept NEVER made sense from a infection standpoint.Thought it was stupid then and still do, glad they dumped the idea, sad though the "sheep" went blindly along with it and nobody objected.
My idea was to maybe get the "sheep" to think, the car show was "trying" to be proactive in protecting everyone's safety ( and I can see no case it would make it less safe), and maybe sneak in a idea that would surely IMO reduce pedestrian congestion when the show is busy and crowded, and relatively easy to implement in 2020 "safety and all" to get everyone used to the idea and a test run, when crowds might be be reduced because of COVID.
But hey, you can lead horse to water, but..............

Edit, the big box stores have a vested interest in erasing COVID from everyone's memory ASAP, until a second wave possibly arrives, they answer to the almighty dollar.

Last edited by jcc; 05/26/20 10:49 AM.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2780074
05/31/20 01:41 PM
05/31/20 01:41 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Well with living in Pa. thing's seem to be moving slowly. It looks like under yellow only 25 people or less can meet. Under green only 250 or less can meet and no large gatherings at all so it is about anybodies guess when we will be walking the aisles at Carlisle.Maybe just maybe they can pull of an exception with are fine Governor!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2781082
06/03/20 02:29 PM
06/03/20 02:29 PM
Chicago Blackhawks
H
hemicar1971 Offline
master
hemicar1971  Offline
master
H

Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like a bunch of us regulars will not be attending this years show. There are some reason but this is what I hear from others. No social distancing can be in effect in a show with isles like this. Two sides of each isle with no passing people, no one will not follow the 6 foot rules anyways. Vending at a spot with people picking up the parts one after another. Do you tell them not to touch them unless you buy them. Show buildings how many people will be let in a one time and do you have to line up six feet apart trying to enter each building. These types of shows are for looking through the swap meet for parts so everyone at the show does this. The Hotel, how well are rooms going to be cleaned after someone else stays there. We had problems with a clean room last year and the year before and had changed to another room every year so I can imagine just how lacks the cleaning will be. Were I live things are shut down or partially shut down till July 1st. The boarder is still shut down and no one knows when it will open. Playing to attend and vend when there are no answers up to a week and a half ahead of the show is not a good thing when you vend. Ah Maybe next year when the 1971s will be 50 years old I will dig one of my E Bodies out of the garage and attend with a Vehicle for the first time instead of vending.

Have fun stay safe.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hemicar1971] #2781107
06/03/20 03:36 PM
06/03/20 03:36 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
......... The Hotel, how well are rooms going to be cleaned after someone else stays there......

Those indian hotel owners aren't exactly the cleanest , especially at some of the lower price hotels.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2781129
06/03/20 04:47 PM
06/03/20 04:47 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
I was talking to a friend of mine who has 4 spots and it doesn,t look like he is going to make the trip. He told me that most of the aftermarket people he deals with don,t have any parts on the shelves because the manufactures were shut down so it became the trickle affect. I think there is going to be alot of empty vender spots. Has anyone heard are they having spring Carlisle which is in about 2 weeks?

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 06/03/20 04:50 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hemicar1971] #2781150
06/03/20 05:41 PM
06/03/20 05:41 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
How can they proclaim to all that the Show is Officially "ON"... when Wolf still hasn't said any large events can happen. work shruggy

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/carlisle-chrysler-nationals-is-a-go-for-2020/

While it might be "likely"... Without Wolf's "Blessing from the High Tower", how can it be official.
At this point I think a lot of people are more interested on whether or not Carlisle will offer "Refunds" to anyone that doesn't want to go because of Covid.... Especially if they are older(like most of those in the show field) or have underlying conditions, like diabetes, heart or lung issues or suppressed immune system from cancer treatments(either current or past).

Also note Wolf just extended his Covid Emergency Powers today (6/3) for another 90days...

Covid Emergency extended.jpg

1966 383, 4-sp Charger 38yrs
1970 440+6, 4-sp Road Runner 36yrs
1974 360, auto Challenger 25yrs,in Family 41yrs
2003 Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 Cummins HO
2010 5.7L R/T 6sp Challenger - Mopar10
2018 392 Daytona Charger
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2781157
06/03/20 06:06 PM
06/03/20 06:06 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

Also note Wolf just extended his Covid Emergency Powers today (6/3) for another 90days...

I guess he realizes his "political career" is over, might as well go out being "well remembered" for his actions...

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DAYCLONA] #2781184
06/03/20 07:25 PM
06/03/20 07:25 PM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct
Looks like the show is cancelled.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2781202
06/03/20 08:35 PM
06/03/20 08:35 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by kcarfanatic

I don't know... two conflicting announcements on the same day.

The article I posted that says Carlisle is On...
And the Governor of PA claiming a State Emergency for another 90days.

But then again... Wolf was marching with hundreds of protesters this week in a YELLOW county.
So apparently his "rules" are, well... "flexible" if he's invited... whistling
So they just have to invite him to Chrysler's at Carlisle.... problem solved.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2781318
06/04/20 09:40 AM
06/04/20 09:40 AM
MONC Offline
master
MONC  Offline
master

If canceled , why cannot it be post-poned till a later date?

Mopar
Or
No
Car
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: MONC] #2781359
06/04/20 12:07 PM
06/04/20 12:07 PM
On the open road
Hrtbkr Offline
super stock
Hrtbkr  Offline
super stock

On the open road
Just checked Carlisle's website-still counting down: 35 days 12 hours and 53 minutes to go

While outside on the turnpike They got this new hit tune Where thrills become as cheap as gas And gas as cheap as thrills
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: MONC] #2781363
06/04/20 12:24 PM
06/04/20 12:24 PM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
Originally Posted by MONC

If canceled , why cannot it be post-poned till a later date?

And once again NOT TRUE

At this point I would not say anything , Just wait and see what the state does

Nothing is sure until the week before the Chrysler Show

Big test is if the show next week happens there !!!!!!

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T
1971 Challenger Conv. 511/4 speed
1970 Challenger R/T 503/727

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: moparts] #2781376
06/04/20 12:55 PM
06/04/20 12:55 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York

.......Nothing is sure until the week before the Chrysler Show.........

That's going to annoy a lot of people if Carlisle Events waits until a week before the show to cancel it, with travel plans and vendor setup involved. .

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2781401
06/04/20 02:17 PM
06/04/20 02:17 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by formula_s

.......Nothing is sure until the week before the Chrysler Show.........

That's going to annoy a lot of people if Carlisle Events waits until a week before the show to cancel it, with travel plans and vendor setup involved. .

Let face it, there are no real winners here. If they canceled say tomorrow, and the Gov dropped Restrictions in a day or two, many would complain they jumped the gun, if they wait until a week before, many will complain why did they wait until last minute. Its best if everyone just has some understanding here. I think a week out cancellation is the best compromise for this, but heck then, I have no problem compromising on the little stuff. biggrin

I have already made my plans.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2781438
06/04/20 05:00 PM
06/04/20 05:00 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
If you read the Governors red, yellow and green stages Carlisle is now in yellow and it states that no more than 25 people can gather with no large gathering. I don,t think it will change to green till Carlisle and even if it would, under green it say,s no more than 250 people together and no large gatherings. If there is a show maybe the Governor shook hands with the Carlisle owners. I was told that Hershey car show is cancelled and that is in Oct. If that is true something doesn't add up!!!!!

PS I talked to pretty many guy's who said they were not going because of walking around with a mast in 95 degree weather and i personally cannot blame them! I alway's go 3 day's but will only go 1 if that!

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 06/04/20 05:07 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2781555
06/04/20 11:06 PM
06/04/20 11:06 PM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
Its my understanding. the Mopar Nats staff is waiting to decide if or how to proceed once a decision on IF the Carlisle show will go on as planned .

There has already been several large shows around the country either canceled or delayed by months

I have no interest in the Carlisle show, But the Wife and I just bought flights back for the Nats in Aug.
if it doesn't happen I'll just get more time to visit with family and friends

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: gtx6970] #2781608
06/05/20 08:44 AM
06/05/20 08:44 AM
Germany
F
fc7_plumcrazy Offline
master
fc7_plumcrazy  Offline
master
F

Germany
I still could not even fly into the US being from Germany

Carsten

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: fc7_plumcrazy] #2781986
06/06/20 07:28 AM
06/06/20 07:28 AM
N.Y.
sixpacksteve Offline
pro stock
sixpacksteve  Offline
pro stock

N.Y.
I'm Not a dr., but the virus supposeably can't travel in heat.

Hell Hath No Fury Like Mine
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: sixpacksteve] #2781993
06/06/20 08:19 AM
06/06/20 08:19 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by sixpacksteve

it's hot in florida, california, nevada, texas, arizona, etc. shruggy lots of cases there now.
beer

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: moparx] #2781999
06/06/20 08:33 AM
06/06/20 08:33 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by sixpacksteve

it's hot in florida, california, nevada, texas, arizona, etc. shruggy lots of cases there now.
beer

Yes you are right Its hot in Florida, always has been, but there are approx 2600 Floridians that are currently on the rather cold side right now, according to real Dr's.

Good to know the virus will not travel to Carlisle with me, if I planned to attend. eyes biggrin

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2782117
06/06/20 01:22 PM
06/06/20 01:22 PM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: gtx6970] #2782129
06/06/20 01:54 PM
06/06/20 01:54 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York

Does Bolig have a red phone to the gov's desk??

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2782158
06/06/20 03:58 PM
06/06/20 03:58 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline
Your #1 source for current events
rdrnr6970  Offline

NJ
Sounds like a logistical nightmare everyone stay safe!The wife and will go boating that weekend.Will be back at Chrysler's at Carlisle in 2021.😃

OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS.....5TH GENRAMS.COM... 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2782159
06/06/20 04:02 PM
06/06/20 04:02 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Don't know about the phone but I sure don't understand how there doing the shows when know one else is allowed to have a large crowd. Like i said before under green you can't have over 250 people and Carlisle isn't even in the green yet. I guess that it's called politics!!!!!!!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: rdrnr6970] #2782212
06/06/20 06:10 PM
06/06/20 06:10 PM
Conway, SC
T2R9 Offline
master
T2R9  Offline
master

Conway, SC
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Sounds like a logistical nightmare everyone stay safe!The wife and will go boating that weekend.Will be back at Chrysler's at Carlisle in 2021.😃

Same here. I canceled my room. Just felt even if it did happen the vendors would be sparse and everything else a PIA.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: T2R9] #2783151
06/09/20 11:16 AM
06/09/20 11:16 AM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
I feel like the turn out would be way down so i will wait till next year.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: mopars4ever] #2783442
06/09/20 10:24 PM
06/09/20 10:24 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

C'mon people, if everyone is scared then you will ruin it for the rest of us who are going no matter what! Once this starts going it will mushroom in a hurry with wild rumors and innuendo's. I guess I can get a few more swap spots this year, Megaparts is not going, sucks... frown

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Rhinodart] #2783557
06/10/20 09:31 AM
06/10/20 09:31 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
C'mon people, if everyone is scared then you will ruin it for the rest of us who are going no matter what! Once this starts going it will mushroom in a hurry with wild rumors and innuendo's. I guess I can get a few more swap spots this year, Megaparts is not going, sucks... frown

That certainly is a possibility, nobody however should overlook the opposite worst case scenario, which seems to me, just if not more so, concerning.

Everybody wants the show, but.............

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2783562
06/10/20 09:40 AM
06/10/20 09:40 AM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
...... Megaparts is not going.......

Doesn't surprise me ,their tent is always packed with parts and people.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2783570
06/10/20 10:03 AM
06/10/20 10:03 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
I think that Mega parts won't be the only one's not there. A friend of mine who sells used and repo parts told me he couldn't get the repo parts because the companies shelf's are empty because the companies that make the stuff were closed down because of the virus!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2783609
06/10/20 11:33 AM
06/10/20 11:33 AM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
I just got an email that Mecum is postponing their Harrisburg PA auction, which was to start July 29, due to state and local restrictions.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Mastershake340] #2783614
06/10/20 11:46 AM
06/10/20 11:46 AM
United Socialist States of Ame...
T
tboomer Offline
Too Many Posts
tboomer  Offline
Too Many Posts
T

Anyone here ever get a good deal on a car at Carlisle? I thought a lot of you said most stuff was overpriced. It will be interesting to see what things sell for this year because of the virus... work

Need your rear end checked out? Contact Grizzly!!
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Mastershake340] #2783670
06/10/20 01:13 PM
06/10/20 01:13 PM
Yes
S
sixpakdodge Offline
master
sixpakdodge  Offline
master
S

Yes
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
I just got an email that Mecum is postponing their Harrisburg PA auction, which was to start July 29, due to state and local restrictions.

Different county. I live in Harrisburg (Dauphin County), and work in Carlisle (Cumberland County). I work in an "essential" industry...I see some stuff opening, and some stuff staying closed. The local dragstrip opened last weekend (South Mountain). I didn't check in to see if there were any restrictions, or etc. on that, but they're lucky to get 250 total people there on a regular weekend...so probably not a big deal. Anyways, Dauphin is still under restrictions for a few weeks yet, so I can see the Mecum postponement. As for Carlisle...unless they've got a back door deal worked with the state...it's hard to say whether or not any events will happen yet. I have noticed a lot of businesses in Cumberland County seem to be following their own guidelines though.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: tboomer] #2783676
06/10/20 01:19 PM
06/10/20 01:19 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
35 years ago, i found a 70 super bee for my one buddy that was restored [to the standards at that time] that was exactly like the car he had when he got married.
it was a 383/833 combo, orange with a black interior and ralley wheels.
asking price was 7500, but when the deal closed, i got it for 5950.
he still has it today, and has located his original car he bought new. it is a couple of towns over from here.

this probably doesn't compare to this year. biggrin
beer

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: sixpakdodge] #2783726
06/10/20 02:45 PM
06/10/20 02:45 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Originally Posted by sixpakdodge
Originally Posted by Mastershake340

Different county. I live in Harrisburg (Dauphin County), and work in Carlisle (Cumberland County). I work in an "essential" industry...I see some stuff opening, and some stuff staying closed. The local dragstrip opened last weekend (South Mountain). I didn't check in to see if there were any restrictions, or etc. on that, but they're lucky to get 250 total people there on a regular weekend...so probably not a big deal. Anyways, Dauphin is still under restrictions for a few weeks yet, so I can see the Mecum postponement. As for Carlisle...unless they've got a back door deal worked with the state...it's hard to say whether or not any events will happen yet. I have noticed a lot of businesses in Cumberland County seem to be following their own guidelines though.

There again if they have there shows i would say that they cut a deal with Mr. Wolf because like i said before even under green like has been already stated it has to be 250 people or less no matter what the county!!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2783745
06/10/20 03:13 PM
06/10/20 03:13 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2783754
06/10/20 03:36 PM
06/10/20 03:36 PM
DELAWARE
TONY_DAGOSTINO Offline
master
TONY_DAGOSTINO  Offline
master

DELAWARE

alot of good news there!!

thanks again Ed!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: TONY_DAGOSTINO] #2783778
06/10/20 04:39 PM
06/10/20 04:39 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Maybe we can change the name of this thread to "Carlisle is NOT canceled" or I can start a new thread. Then IF something does change, we can change the name of the thread, delete it or something. It's getting harder and harder to stay ahead of the rumors.

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2783792
06/10/20 05:11 PM
06/10/20 05:11 PM
T
tboomer Offline
Too Many Posts
tboomer  Offline
Too Many Posts
T

Guys... I changed the title of the thread...How's that? wave

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: tboomer] #2783799
06/10/20 05:38 PM
06/10/20 05:38 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by tboomer
Guys... I changed the title of the thread...How's that? wave

That's awesome. Thank you!!

Ed

CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO! [Re: cudaboy340] #2783804
06/10/20 05:43 PM
06/10/20 05:43 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Random tip for you Ed....

You can reply to the thread with the Edited title to keep the thread title going or Edit the thread title in your replies.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2783995
06/11/20 08:50 AM
06/11/20 08:50 AM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York

So the buildings on the fairgrounds are closed?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2784014
06/11/20 09:46 AM
06/11/20 09:46 AM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA

Buildings will be OPEN and will follow current CDC Guidelines...just like all other businesses in buildings (Walmart, grocery stores, etc).

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2784067
06/11/20 11:56 AM
06/11/20 11:56 AM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
From the Gov's statement "Businesses that operate these outdoor recreational activities may resume operations but may not operate indoor spaces for public or visitor use other than restrooms and ticketing and entry locations."

How does this allow the buildings to be open ????

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2784526
06/12/20 10:06 AM
06/12/20 10:06 AM
oak park, il.
D
dsd70bee Offline
I Live Here
dsd70bee  Offline
I Live Here
D

oak park, il.
Stephens Performance will once again be at Carlisle selling AMD sheet metal
in swap spaces A95 to A100
10% discount for Moparts members.
Call now to pre order (256) 247-1332 or (888) 466-7276.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2784565
06/12/20 11:34 AM
06/12/20 11:34 AM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey

Buildings will be OPEN and will follow current CDC Guidelines...just like all other businesses in buildings (Walmart, grocery stores, etc).

Ed

OK, so I have 7 vendor spaces in row P, far corner by gate 7. Lots of shade for a good part of the day and I always rent at least a 20X30 tent, draws a lot of shade tree lookers.
My question is how to keep people from huddling up in the shade?

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2784607
06/12/20 01:14 PM
06/12/20 01:14 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
My question is are the display building open when the gov's news release says different?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2784728
06/12/20 07:13 PM
06/12/20 07:13 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Is anybody selling a Mopar logo face mask at the show? whistling laugh2

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2784895
06/13/20 10:58 AM
06/13/20 10:58 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i don't know about at the show, if there will be one, but mopar collectors guide has them for sale now. they are in the latest addition.
$14.95 plus shipping. [of course.]
beer

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: moparx] #2785542
06/14/20 10:08 PM
06/14/20 10:08 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
I don’t go to this show but saw this on Facebook tonight

3739D6A8-E001-449F-8767-AFA7F0CD2199.jpeg
Last edited by pittsburghracer; 06/14/20 10:36 PM.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: pittsburghracer] #2785553
06/14/20 10:32 PM
06/14/20 10:32 PM
USA
H
hudsonhornet7x Offline
pro stock
hudsonhornet7x  Offline
pro stock
H

USA
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
I don’t go to church his show but saw this on Facebook tonight

Face masks will be fun in July!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hudsonhornet7x] #2785570
06/15/20 01:12 AM
06/15/20 01:12 AM
In a van, down by the river
J
jmf340 Offline
mopar
jmf340  Offline
mopar
J

In a van, down by the river
It states that a facemask or shield must be worn to enter, so that's what I will do, wear one to enter. After that, it's coming off.

Got Mopar???
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hudsonhornet7x] #2785705
06/15/20 01:16 PM
06/15/20 01:16 PM
Clinton, NJ
N
njmopar Offline
pro stock
njmopar  Offline
pro stock
N

Clinton, NJ
Going to be some interesting tan lines this year. Shirtless guys (who should not be shirtless) wearing a mask. And imagine how nasty the masks will be by shows end.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: njmopar] #2785729
06/15/20 01:48 PM
06/15/20 01:48 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
I remember about 5 years ago it being 103 and I had to rotate through the 3 shirts I had while the others dried out. I agree, masks in July would suck.

Luckily ours is a family business so at the shop here we dont need masks but I cant see an easy way to keep everyone safe going to the show. We are going to pass this year and just pay for our spots. Hopefully things were be closer to normal next year.

Good luck to all!

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 71TA] #2785873
06/15/20 10:23 PM
06/15/20 10:23 PM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by 71TA
I remember about 5 years ago it being 103 and I had to rotate through the 3 shirts I had while the others dried out. I agree, masks in July would suck.

Luckily ours is a family business so at the shop here we dont need masks but I cant see an easy way to keep everyone safe going to the show. We are going to pass this year and just pay for our spots. Hopefully things were be closer to normal next year.
Good luck to all!

That was one brutal weekend. Shoe soles were sticking to the hot asphalt. To top it off, I only located ONE hose/faucet spot on entire swap to hose-off with. You think the SHOW PEOPLE would have had enough sense to provide more or ANYTHING for people to cool off with.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: PhillyRag] #2786012
06/16/20 01:24 PM
06/16/20 01:24 PM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2786029
06/16/20 02:00 PM
06/16/20 02:00 PM
KY
65pacecar Offline
master
65pacecar  Offline
master

KY

Carlisle may be considered Essential Business ;-)

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 71TA] #2786078
06/16/20 04:55 PM
06/16/20 04:55 PM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
my concern is vendors wont show up

5549 post on old board
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 05dakota] #2786093
06/16/20 05:37 PM
06/16/20 05:37 PM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey
I am not going this year.
I have 2 of my 7 vendor spaces leased to a friend.
So I have 5 spaces in row P216 to P220 to lease if any one is interested

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2786134
06/16/20 08:20 PM
06/16/20 08:20 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
I personally believe but could be wrong that the attendance is going to be way down and the vendors are also going to be way down.I usually go 3 day's but this year either 1 day or none and that also is what a friend is doing!!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: PhillyRag] #2786214
06/17/20 05:29 AM
06/17/20 05:29 AM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey

Good luck to all!

That was one brutal weekend. Shoe soles were sticking to the hot asphalt. To top it off, I only located ONE hose/faucet spot on entire swap to hose-off with. You think the SHOW PEOPLE would have had enough sense to provide more or ANYTHING for people to cool off with.

That’s personal responsibility, not a responsibility of the show.

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #2786230
06/17/20 07:50 AM
06/17/20 07:50 AM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey
Even if the covid stuff cleared up, I would still think the attendance would be there but with the economy the way it is people would not spend a lot of money.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2786245
06/17/20 08:55 AM
06/17/20 08:55 AM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny

5549 post on old board
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 05dakota] #2786253
06/17/20 09:12 AM
06/17/20 09:12 AM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2786259
06/17/20 09:19 AM
06/17/20 09:19 AM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2786261
06/17/20 09:21 AM
06/17/20 09:21 AM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2786266
06/17/20 09:23 AM
06/17/20 09:23 AM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2786280
06/17/20 09:52 AM
DELAWARE
TONY_DAGOSTINO Offline
master
TONY_DAGOSTINO  Offline
master

DELAWARE
i think an argument on Carlisle's behalf would be, they have dozens of acres, why should they have to be limited to same count of 250 people when another venue, say a parking lot of a small retail store has the same restriction. it doesn't make sense

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #2786281
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff

Good luck to all!

Servicing and meeting the needs/whims of attendees however is how a show sustains, grows or declines, so everybody gets to make their own decision as their own responsibility.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #2786420
06/17/20 02:09 PM
06/17/20 02:09 PM
Brookville Pa
C
crowbait Offline
super stock
crowbait  Offline
super stock
C

Brookville Pa

Good luck to all!

Personal Responsibility...there is a couple of words I do not hear very often anymore.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: crowbait] #2786436
06/17/20 02:48 PM
06/17/20 02:48 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by crowbait

Good luck to all!

Personal Responsibility...there is a couple of words I do not hear very often anymore.

Because it is always directed at others, never at one's self, ie, everybody scores a 100 when grading their own spelling bee.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: kcarfanatic] #2786442
06/17/20 02:56 PM
06/17/20 02:56 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA

Here is another link from one of our local Central PA news stations (8 Lancaster)
https://www.wgal.com/article/pennsy...ts-to-shut-down-spring-carlisle/32893124

It didn't take Wolf long to start swinging wood... knew it would happen. frown
Hopefully it gets spanked down by the courts like other things he tried the last 3months.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2786451
06/17/20 03:47 PM
06/17/20 03:47 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Wolf & the he/she are talking about Spring Carlisle right now live on TV... 3:40pm
Said they expect to see this SHUT DOWN soon... as it does not meet "THEIR" clearly defined "250" guidelines.
Also said his "Walking in the protests with Thousands of people" was "IMPORTANT"... apparently Carlisle is not. eyes

2018 392 Daytona Charger
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2786814
06/18/20 01:52 PM
06/18/20 01:52 PM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
I hope they are able to hold the show regardless of the politics involved . Thousands of people attending the event and spending money to boost the local economy isn't important? I have however notified them for a refund of which they are doing and canceled my hotel room. With everything thats going on and the fact I injured my knee last week I will not be attending this year or be able to race Friday evening at South Mountain which is the highlight of my Chryslers at Carlisle weekend

Last edited by 11secdart; 06/18/20 01:56 PM.

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 11secdart] #2786830
06/18/20 02:15 PM
06/18/20 02:15 PM
Lebanon ,PA in the Susquehanna...
70Challengerse Offline
master
70Challengerse  Offline
master

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 70Challengerse] #2786867
06/18/20 03:49 PM
06/18/20 03:49 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA

Looks like they got a Judge that ain't buying the whole "But Wolf attending large Protests was more important" angle...
GOOD!!! thumbs

Hope it goes in Carlisle's favor today.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2786956
06/18/20 08:49 PM
06/18/20 08:49 PM
It's beer:30 somewhere
adventurer Offline
super stock
adventurer  Offline
super stock

It's beer:30 somewhere

Looks like they got a Judge that ain't buying the whole "But Wolf attending large Protests was more important" angle...
GOOD!!! thumbs

iagree up

We will have watch and see what Fridays court date brings.

Last edited by adventurer; 06/18/20 08:57 PM.

77 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd SWB
78 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd Utiline
90 Dodge D150 SWB 2wd 318fi 4speed
60 Desoto Adventurer 2dr
67 Dodge Dart Gt Conv. 273 4bbl
04 PT Cruiser GT Turbo
14 Ram R/T
"Life's to short to drink cheap beer."
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #2786991
06/19/20 12:23 AM
06/19/20 12:23 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila

Good luck to all!

Are you serious???? 100deg day with people out in the open walking, carrying stuff, & most up in the years. A MEGA $$$ show & they can't provide a simple hose, sprinkler, etc.? Yeah Right! Guess they'll "Hop" right on it, when people start dropping in the aisles. To me it shows: lack of preparation (hot days forecast) or a total disregard for the attendees' well being. .

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 70Challengerse] #2787046
06/19/20 10:41 AM
06/19/20 10:41 AM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
This was also being shared on Facebook yesterday;

carlisle.JPG
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2787051
06/19/20 10:45 AM
06/19/20 10:45 AM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Video of the crowd this morning shown on local news from that area. Lots of vendors it looks like. No face masks except the news guy smile

https://www.wgal.com/article/hearin...g-carlisle-ends-with-no-ruling/32906415#

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 71TA] #2787107
06/19/20 01:09 PM
06/19/20 01:09 PM
Springboro, Ohio
Hollywood Offline
mopar
Hollywood  Offline
mopar

Springboro, Ohio

Last edited by Hollywood; 06/19/20 01:10 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Hollywood] #2787124
06/19/20 02:16 PM
06/19/20 02:16 PM
70Challengerse Offline
master
70Challengerse  Offline
master

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 70Challengerse] #2787170
06/19/20 04:27 PM
06/19/20 04:27 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Amazing what money will do!!!!!!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2787173
06/19/20 04:40 PM
06/19/20 04:40 PM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
That is one ugly shemale!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #2787219
06/19/20 07:51 PM
06/19/20 07:51 PM
70Challengerse Offline
master
70Challengerse  Offline
master

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
That is one ugly shemale!

YES it is !!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2787343
06/20/20 10:01 AM
06/20/20 10:01 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

GOOD!!! thumbs

I wish I could have been in the court room gallery for that one! Technically it sounds like the judge made the defendants argument for them and that's not exactly what judges are supposed to be doing. The only thing more entertaining would have been a summary dismissal for the suit being frivolous and the DOH not having a leg to stand on.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Magnumguy] #2787515
06/20/20 06:36 PM
06/20/20 06:36 PM
Usa
A
A39Coronet Offline
super stock
A39Coronet  Offline
super stock
A

Usa
Thinking about making the trip out for the first time. Can anyone tell me if it's all swap meet style parts or if there will be vendors there? I'm getting ready to place a fairly large order to Year One and Classic Industries for e body parts and wasn't sure if I should wait and try to grab them from vendors to save shipping. Wasn't able to find a vendor list online.

Follow my G3 Hemi Barracuda build on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

2015 Tri-State Stock Super Stock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar No Box Winner
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: A39Coronet] #2787573
06/20/20 09:29 PM
06/20/20 09:29 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
Neither of those vendors come to Carlisle.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: A39Coronet] #2787575
06/20/20 09:37 PM
06/20/20 09:37 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Originally Posted by A39Coronet
Can anyone tell me if it's all swap meet style parts or if there will be vendors there?

Plenty of vendors.

Ignore the two you mentioned and try Dante, he is a member here and he goes to Carlisle.

www.dantesparts.com

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2787814
06/21/20 03:28 PM
06/21/20 03:28 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline
rdrnr6970  Offline

NJ
Dante's pretty cool year one used to be at Carlisle years ago.

OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS.....5TH GENRAMS.COM... 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: formula_s] #2788047
06/22/20 11:59 AM
06/22/20 11:59 AM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Neither of those vendors come to Carlisle.

Year One WILL be on the Midway this year. But they don't bring product when they attend shows so you'll want to call them to see if they will bring a pre-paid order.

Classic Industries came a couple of times but it got too expensive to make the trip from California.

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2788050
06/22/20 12:02 PM
06/22/20 12:02 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Amazing what money will do!!!!!!!!!

Can you please elaborate on this? What were the financial terms of the settlement?

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2788128
06/22/20 03:19 PM
06/22/20 03:19 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Just figured since there was no word on how they settled i assumed the goverment got some green from Carlisle to carry on with the shows!!! Let's face it today everything in this world is based off of money!!!

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 06/22/20 03:22 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2788175
06/22/20 05:19 PM
06/22/20 05:19 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Just figured since there was no word on how they settled i assumed the goverment got some green from Carlisle to carry on with the shows!!! Let's face it today everything in this world is based off of money!!!

Just lots of legal fees. The transcript is online and I think it tells a lot about how it went down.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2788190
06/22/20 06:06 PM
06/22/20 06:06 PM
USA
H
hudsonhornet7x Offline
pro stock
hudsonhornet7x  Offline
pro stock
H

USA
Will the show have a General Lee section this year or will they be told to leave or cover the roof up? I am not trying to be funny I am asking a legitimate question.

Last edited by Warhawk; 06/22/20 06:07 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2788193
06/22/20 06:15 PM
06/22/20 06:15 PM
The Swamp
S
Sixpak Offline
master
Sixpak  Offline
master
S

The Swamp
Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
This was also being shared on Facebook yesterday;

" .....I don't believe the DOH has the authority to close down a business...' I like going to Carlisle as much as anyone, but I think this State Rep ought to think before she engages her mouth. I certainly would hope the Dept of Health would have the ability to shut down a business, particularly a restaurant. If she's right then I won't be eating anywhere within the State of Pennsylvania...

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Sixpak] #2788229
06/22/20 08:10 PM
06/22/20 08:10 PM
new haven ct
K
kcarfanatic Offline
kcarfanatic  Offline
K

new haven ct
........Just lots of legal fees. The transcript is online and I think it tells a lot about how it went down.......

Can someone post a link to this. I searched all the key words and found nothing.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hudsonhornet7x] #2788436
06/23/20 12:15 PM
06/23/20 12:15 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by Warhawk
Will the show have a General Lee section this year or will they be told to leave or cover the roof up? I am not trying to be funny I am asking a legitimate question.

We are not imposing anything on the General Lees at the show. They have their class as always. We are not doing anything different this year.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2788448
06/23/20 12:37 PM
06/23/20 12:37 PM
USA
H
hudsonhornet7x Offline
pro stock
hudsonhornet7x  Offline
pro stock
H

USA
Originally Posted by Warhawk

We are not imposing anything on the General Lees at the show. They have their class as always. We are not doing anything different this year.

Thank you, I appreciate the reply.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hudsonhornet7x] #2788750
06/24/20 10:04 AM
06/24/20 10:04 AM
MONC Offline
master
MONC  Offline
master

So what are the general guidelines for the show based on the current environment?
Link available?

Mopar
Or
No
Car
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: MONC] #2789123
06/25/20 11:11 AM
06/25/20 11:11 AM
Marysville, OH
M
mrploww Offline
enthusiast
mrploww  Offline
enthusiast
M

Marysville, OH

'64 Plymouth Belvedere 9 passenger surf wagon
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: mrploww] #2789309
06/25/20 11:51 PM
06/25/20 11:51 PM
Berlin, CT
SportFuryS/23383 Offline
Confused
SportFuryS/23383  Offline
Confused

Berlin, CT
The show is indeed still on, and i can't wait to go! Got our confirmation today. My family and I will be there with our purple 1967 Fury 4 door sedan in c-body modified, if you would like please stop by and say hello, hope to see you there. On a separate note, I do have some parts for sale if anyone is interested, please look in the c-body and '70 and back b-body forums and pm me with your needs

20200625_221841.jpegBear @ Carlisle.JPGBear @ Carlisle MAIN.jpg
Last edited by SportFuryS/23383; 06/25/20 11:53 PM.

If You Ask Me This Whole World Has Gone To Hell- Creed Fisher
Proud Supporter Of LGBT (Liberty Guns Beer & Trump)
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: mrploww] #2789753
06/27/20 03:44 AM
06/27/20 03:44 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by mrploww

"Show field spacing being considered"

How's that going to work out?
Especially over in the modern car & truck sections, where it's been over booked for years. The only open spaces there, were where guys were somehow allowed to set up personal tents(not club tents) in car spaces of the modern challenger section across from pavilion B.

I got my stickers today for truck & mopar10 (Figured I'd bring it for 10yr anniversary... 1st time back in 7yrs) but seriously considering canceling out. I usually take my Dad, and he's 82 know... Probably not a good idea to bring him, and subject him to wearing a mask in 90degree weather... After radiation & chemo killed off the immune system, I'm probably not a low risk candidate anymore either. frown Plus wasn't looking forward to fighting for a car space in the modern section on the slippery hill anyway... even more so if there are less spaces available.

Was looking forward to it this year before all the Covid fan ... frown

2018 392 Daytona Charger
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2789761
06/27/20 07:55 AM
06/27/20 07:55 AM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
It may be less crowded just due to the circumstances.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2790605
06/29/20 10:32 AM
06/29/20 10:32 AM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA

"Show field spacing being considered"

How's that going to work out?
Especially over in the modern car & truck sections, where it's been over booked for years. The only open spaces there, were where guys were somehow allowed to set up personal tents(not club tents) in car spaces of the modern challenger section across from pavilion B.

I got my stickers today for truck & mopar10 (Figured I'd bring it for 10yr anniversary... 1st time back in 7yrs) but seriously considering canceling out. I usually take my Dad, and he's 82 know... Probably not a good idea to bring him, and subject him to wearing a mask in 90degree weather... After radiation & chemo killed off the immune system, I'm probably not a low risk candidate anymore either. frown Plus wasn't looking forward to fighting for a car space in the modern section on the slippery hill anyway... even more so if there are less spaces available.

There will be no changes to the Showfield layout. Cars will be parked as usual. It's not like we park all of the cars side by side as they arrive. Car 1 might be an A-Body that parks near Gate 3 while Car 2 is a B-Body that parks closer to Guest Services...hundreds of feet apart! If you do arrive at the same time as another car in your class, just wait for whoever parks first to exit their vehicle. It's no different than you would do in any parking situation. It's really that simple grin

See you all next week!!

Ed

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2790675
06/29/20 02:38 PM
06/29/20 02:38 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
ED , 2 questions, where is the online transcsript of what 'went' down' in court? What was the turnout like for Chevy last weekend?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: cudaboy340] #2790693
06/29/20 03:48 PM
06/29/20 03:48 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA

There will be no changes to the Showfield layout. Cars will be parked as usual. It's not like we park all of the cars side by side as they arrive. Car 1 might be an A-Body that parks near Gate 3 while Car 2 is a B-Body that parks closer to Guest Services...hundreds of feet apart! If you do arrive at the same time as another car in your class, just wait for whoever parks first to exit their vehicle. It's no different than you would do in any parking situation. It's really that simple grin

See you all next week!!

Ed

What is the refund policy for this year do to Covid..
I was holding out hope, but the wife's Dr just put the final nail in the coffin today, by assigning previously(covid) postponed surgery, for Monday July 13th. That means she has to get a covid test Friday 10th and then self quarantine until Monday. Doc said neither of us should go out in public the preceding week so, as to limit possible exposure, & not cross contaminate each other. That's probably doubly so, for a large gathering attended by people coming from all across the country.

2 spots in the show field...
Can I just get them transferred to 2021? shruggy
What's the best # to call... and time of day.

2018 392 Daytona Charger
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2790768
06/29/20 08:02 PM
06/29/20 08:02 PM
MD
floyd Offline
master
floyd  Offline
master

MD
Ed - Any observations/comments on how the Chevrolet Nationals went last weekend? Thanks

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: floyd] #2790945
06/30/20 11:02 AM
06/30/20 11:02 AM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
i was there. attendence seemed to be down about 20 percent from last time i was there in 2016

Last edited by 05dakota; 06/30/20 11:03 AM.

5549 post on old board
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 05dakota] #2791573
07/01/20 04:00 PM
07/01/20 04:00 PM
USA
H
hudsonhornet7x Offline
pro stock
hudsonhornet7x  Offline
pro stock
H

USA
This just happened today, thought I would share as it will more than likely affect folks that are going to Carlisle.

https://explorevenango.com/wolf-masks-are-now-mandatory-in-all-public-spaces-in-pa/

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hudsonhornet7x] #2791597
07/01/20 04:59 PM
07/01/20 04:59 PM
NH
N
NHCharger Offline
super stock
NHCharger  Offline
super stock
N

NH
Just checked the extended forecast. Mid 90's. Going to have to cut a hole in my mask to drink my beer. Will have to talk with the wife and see if it is really worth going at this point.
This new law says "all public spaces". Isn't the Fairgrounds privately owned? would that make them exempt from this?

Last edited by NHCharger; 07/01/20 06:13 PM.

My Dad always told me, when setting goals " avoid disappointment, aim low".
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hudsonhornet7x] #2791637
07/01/20 08:22 PM
07/01/20 08:22 PM
New York
rarefish Offline
top fuel
rarefish  Offline
top fuel

New York
[quote=Warhawk]This just happened today, thought I would share as it will more than likely affect folks that are going to Carlisle.

https://explorevenango.com/wolf-masks-are-now-mandatory-in-all-public-spaces-in-pa/ [/quote

If the mask rule applies to the fairgrounds then that would be tie breaker for me on going or not this year.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: rarefish] #2791646
07/01/20 08:52 PM
07/01/20 08:52 PM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
On wearing masks - If you read the new PA rules the exceptions are still
where you can social distance

According to the order, people must wear masks if they are:

*Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of 6 feet from individuals who are not members of their household.
* In any indoor location where members of the public are generally permitted.
*Waiting for, riding on, driving or operating public transportation or paratransit or while in a taxi, private car service or ride-sharing vehicle.
*Obtaining services from the healthcare sector in settings including, but not limited to, a hospital, pharmacy, medical clinic, laboratory, physician or dental office, veterinary clinic or blood bank.
* Engaged in work, whether at workplace or performing work off-site, when interacting in-person with any member of the public, working in any space visited by members of the public, working in any space where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution to others, working in or walking through common areas, or in any room or enclosed area where other people, except for members of the person's own household or residence, are present wherein unable to physically distance.

So sitting under the Moparts tent sitting 6 Feet apart no mask needed , we will spread the chairs out fart

Last edited by moparts; 07/05/20 10:29 AM.

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: rarefish] #2791662
07/01/20 09:14 PM
07/01/20 09:14 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
If the mask rule applies to the fair grounds then that would be tie breaker on me going or not this year.

They are not very specific, so......

Make it fun. www.amazon.com/s?k=adult+scary+mask&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Protest in a fun way. ;-)

(health risks are serious and must be taken as needed of course)

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2791972
07/02/20 05:21 PM
07/02/20 05:21 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
If the mask rule applies to the fair grounds then that would be tie breaker on me going or not this year.

They are not very specific, so......

Make it fun. www.amazon.com/s?k=adult+scary+mask&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Protest in a fun way. ;-)

(health risks are serious and must be taken as needed of course)

For those still going...
Carlisle could place a Camaro just inside the gate entrance...
Entrants bring there own paint & spray something on the Camaro, then toss can in trash.
They are then officially a "Protester" and EXEMPT from all Corona rules whistling

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2792189
07/03/20 08:03 AM
07/03/20 08:03 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Well because of the latest face mask order from the Gov. my friend that has 5 vendor spots has just told me he is not coming plus 5 other friends from other states are not coming. I hope this is not going to be the pattern!!!!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2792259
07/03/20 10:44 AM
07/03/20 10:44 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline

Here
Dodge will be doing Hellcat rides up

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DirectSubjection] #2792338
07/03/20 01:41 PM
07/03/20 01:41 PM
Far Northeast.
mymcodebee Offline
master
mymcodebee  Offline
master

Far Northeast.
I will have four open spaces in the vendor swap area unless my brother decides to go. He will most likely be skipping for sure if the masks are mandatory.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: mymcodebee] #2792392
07/03/20 05:40 PM
07/03/20 05:40 PM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
Originally Posted by mymcodebee
I will have four open spaces in the vendor swap area unless my brother decides to go. He will most likely be skipping for sure if the masks are mandatory.

According to the order, people must wear masks if they are:

*Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of 6 feet from individuals who are not members of their household.

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Magnumguy] #2792399
07/03/20 06:07 PM
07/03/20 06:07 PM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
Dodge Thrill Rides Are Back, Baby!!

Free Rides in a Hellcat

Maybe a Hellcat isn’t in your budget and your local dealer won’t let you take one for a joyride. We’ll take you for one! Experience over 700 horsepower with a professional driver as you slide around the track with the tires smoking and begging for mercy. These rides are totally FREE. Just sign up at either the Dodge booth on the Midway or right at the track.

Good wasn't sure with the pandemic Dodge would be there up

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: moparts] #2792542
07/04/20 08:35 AM
07/04/20 08:35 AM
N.Y.
sixpacksteve Offline
pro stock
sixpacksteve  Offline
pro stock

N.Y.
will walk through gate with mask, once inside it comes off!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: sixpacksteve] #2792554
07/04/20 09:34 AM
07/04/20 09:34 AM
70Challengerse Offline
master
70Challengerse  Offline
master

^
yeppers

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: 70Challengerse] #2792612
07/04/20 12:34 PM
07/04/20 12:34 PM
M
McCandlessboy Offline
super stock
McCandlessboy  Offline
super stock
M

We will be there with a big display as usual. We'll drive in with the mask, then take it off. I'll be beside my Dad all weekend to keep him spaced. Gotta protect the old man, but no way he isn't going to this show.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: McCandlessboy] #2792619
07/04/20 12:53 PM
07/04/20 12:53 PM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
no way im getting those trill ride cars, if one rider has the virus you are screwed

5549 post on old board
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: McCandlessboy] #2792620
07/04/20 12:54 PM
07/04/20 12:54 PM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
Originally Posted by McCandlessboy
We will be there with a big display as usual. We'll drive in with the mask, then take it off. I'll be beside my Dad all weekend to keep him spaced. Gotta protect the old man, but no way he isn't going to this show.

up

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DirectSubjection] #2792791
07/04/20 10:17 PM
07/04/20 10:17 PM
Germany
F
fc7_plumcrazy Offline
master
fc7_plumcrazy  Offline
master
F

Germany
I can't fly in because the US border is still closed.
And we have a very low rate of infected people in germany

Carsten

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: McCandlessboy] #2792897
07/05/20 10:30 AM
07/05/20 10:30 AM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
Originally Posted by McCandlessboy

Herb.jpg

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: moparts] #2793116
07/05/20 07:54 PM
07/05/20 07:54 PM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Just got the call from Mr. Norm, he will not be attending this year. At 84 years old his family talked him out of it. If there is anything you want from his swag let me know before Tuesday and I can drop buy and pick it up, if not you can still order from his website. wave

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: sixpacksteve] #2793328
07/06/20 11:12 AM
07/06/20 11:12 AM
CO
R
Redbird Offline
super stock
Redbird  Offline
super stock
R

CO
The attitude you profess is why many of us will not be going this year.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Redbird] #2793472
07/06/20 03:06 PM
07/06/20 03:06 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
i just checked the forecast and they are calling for mid 90 and 40% chance of thunderstorms on Fri. and 80% on Sat and Sun.Between the forecast and the empty vendor spots it sounds real exciting this year. One nice thing if you rent a golf cart you won,t have to worry about running someone over!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2793531
07/06/20 05:10 PM
07/06/20 05:10 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Vendor spaces E-141 & E-142 will have a large mix of A, B, C and E -body parts as well as DeSoto, Plymouth, Dodge & Chrysler parts from the 1940s through the Forward Look years.

100s of items are priced at $1.00 so they can find happy new homes.

Other items for more, but all priced to sell.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2793560
07/06/20 06:06 PM
07/06/20 06:06 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Better have a few rolls of quarters, as I'm sure you're going to get some lowball offers, being the aisles are likely going to be a tad sparse. eek

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: jcc] #2793603
07/06/20 07:23 PM
07/06/20 07:23 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Originally Posted by jcc
Better have a few rolls of quarters, as I'm sure you're going to get some lowball offers, being the aisles are likely going to be a tad sparse. eek

If the habitual negative minded people like you stay away this may be the BEST Carlisle ever! wave

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2793607
07/06/20 07:30 PM
07/06/20 07:30 PM
MD
floyd Offline
master
floyd  Offline
master

MD
I am expecting it to be a lot less than normal, but I’m still looking forward to it!

Just kidding, but my mind went here when I read Barry’s reply....

60CED69C-523A-4597-AD83-81085E18CB9F.jpeg
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2793620
07/06/20 07:57 PM
07/06/20 07:57 PM
T
tboomer Offline
Too Many Posts
tboomer  Offline
Too Many Posts
T

Originally Posted by jcc

If the habitual negative minded people like you stay away this may be the BEST Carlisle ever! wave

You tell em Barry!! ^^^^^^^^^ laugh2 troll

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: tboomer] #2793658
07/06/20 09:04 PM
07/06/20 09:04 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
R
roadrunnerh Offline
roadrunnerh  Offline
R

Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not expecting a record-breaking year, but I will thoroughly enjoy every old Mopar I see!
Especially after being cooped up in the house and working from home since F'in March!

Harry
1968 Road Runner
1975 Scamp
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2793771
07/07/20 05:20 AM
07/07/20 05:20 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by jcc

You know, it's best to wait/take maybe 14 days before one "counts their chickens", to fall back on time honored metaphors, and COVID I hear, is totally repelled by optimism, so you might be in the clear already.

Have a great a Great Carlisle.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: jcc] #2793908
07/07/20 01:54 PM
07/07/20 01:54 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

You know, it's best to wait/take maybe 14 days before one "counts their chickens", to fall back on time honored metaphors, and COVID I hear, is totally repelled by optimism, so you might be in the clear already.

It seems Gov Wolf like's that 14day number too... whistling

PA Quarantine.jpg
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Runner2go] #2793920
07/07/20 02:43 PM
07/07/20 02:43 PM
Clinton, NJ
N
njmopar Offline
pro stock
njmopar  Offline
pro stock
N

Clinton, NJ
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

Ok how is this supposed to work now. Is it a recommondation or rule? I see this text on their own site: "If you have traveled, or plan to travel, to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, it is recommended that you stay at home for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. If you travel to the following states, you will need to quarantine for 14 days upon return:"
https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx

I am from a "safe state" but meeting with others on the list at show.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: njmopar] #2793921
07/07/20 02:47 PM
07/07/20 02:47 PM
South San Francisco, Ca
70sixpkrt Offline
master
70sixpkrt  Offline
master

South San Francisco, Ca
If you were traveling to Hawaii, you had to quarantine for 14 days. Your hotel kept an eye on you leaving. Some people didn't do that and they got arrested.

[img]http://www.imgur.com/hxlGUJt.gif[/img]
4-speed
3:54 Dana
13.01 @107.93 with street tires (not hooking up)
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: 70sixpkrt] #2794078
07/07/20 09:17 PM
07/07/20 09:17 PM
NH
N
NHCharger Offline
super stock
NHCharger  Offline
super stock
N

NH
Wife and I tapped out. One thing I hadn't thought about was returning from the show. My wife wondered if we should self quarantine for 14 days when we get home. I hadn't really thought of that. I can't miss that much work and she usually cooks supper a couple nights a week for her Dad who is 88 and still lives in his own house. She was worried about possibly transmitting the virus to him. Just not worth the risk this year. Really suxs, will be only the third or fourth time I have missed the show since 1995 but I have to look at the big picture and not just think about myself, but other people it could impact.

My Dad always told me, when setting goals " avoid disappointment, aim low".
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Runner2go] #2794090
07/07/20 09:57 PM
07/07/20 09:57 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

What happens if one travels thru any of those states to attend the show?

Seems like the above pulled the rug out for those wishing to attend from outside PA.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: jcc] #2794272
07/08/20 11:36 AM
07/08/20 11:36 AM
T
tboomer Offline
Too Many Posts
tboomer  Offline
Too Many Posts
T

So...What is everyone looking for at Carlisle and what are you bringing? Don't let Negative Nancy ruin this thread! troll

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: tboomer] #2794295
07/08/20 12:03 PM
07/08/20 12:03 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
So...What is everyone looking for at Carlisle and what are you bringing? Don't let Negative Nancy ruin this thread! troll

Best to deflect than face reality. I don't make the rules, I got no dog in this fight, I'm just not afraid to speak my mind, and get labeled a "troll", a "negative Nancy", etc for it, guess I got "balls" to those afraid of reality?

I think the whole point here is really, in your words, "what is one bringing to Carlisle?" eyes

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: jcc] #2794301
07/08/20 12:22 PM
07/08/20 12:22 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
So would Gov cryin WOLF accept THIS QUARANTINE OPTION .....

Selling or renting THIS at the PA border or at the Carlisle main gate ??!!

350198F9-E2B2-4381-A95D-40C305A79CA4.png
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: tboomer] #2794312
07/08/20 12:33 PM
07/08/20 12:33 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Don't let Negative Nancy ruin this thread! troll

They will still try.

If the negative minded people in the world would focus on positives instead, the whole world would be a better place!

Yet the negative minded spew their negative comments online and even in a thread about a show they were not coming to anyway.

Negative people want everyone to share their misery. realcrazy

Stay positive! beer

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2794314
07/08/20 12:36 PM
07/08/20 12:36 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
dOc !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
But T and A ... is that quarantine order true or not ?

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2794321
07/08/20 12:44 PM
07/08/20 12:44 PM
N.Y.
sixpacksteve Offline
pro stock
sixpacksteve  Offline
pro stock

N.Y.
If the Hells angels pulled up to an event, i seriously doubt someone would demand they wear a mask for fear of infecting others.
Stay home if you Don't want to get infected.
don't fly on plane cause it might crash.
everyone doesn't need to told ,wear a mask, wash your hands etc.
go tell the rioters! let us know how that turns out!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2794401
07/08/20 04:05 PM
07/08/20 04:05 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Don't let Negative Nancy ruin this thread! troll

Negative people want everyone to share their misery. realcrazy

You know this how?

Sounds rather "negative" to me, but I maybe wrong if you can prove your contention.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: jcc] #2794450
07/08/20 06:27 PM
07/08/20 06:27 PM
N.Y.
sixpacksteve Offline
pro stock
sixpacksteve  Offline
pro stock

N.Y.
Don't need me to prove you are negative!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: sixpacksteve] #2794474
07/08/20 07:16 PM
07/08/20 07:16 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline
rdrnr6970  Offline

NJ
This is a Serious and I mean serious, dangerous type of virus 13,000 deaths in nj alone!To make jokes ,cry about not wearing a mask I can see some of you don't care.And that's sad ...my wife and are in level 3 surgical masks for over 8 hours a day.No car or part or show is worth it!We are in health care.Please everyone be safe! twocents

Last edited by rdrnr6970; 07/08/20 07:18 PM.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: rdrnr6970] #2794490
07/08/20 08:11 PM
07/08/20 08:11 PM
White Plains, NY
VCODE Offline
top fuel
VCODE  Offline
top fuel

White Plains, NY
Anyone know whats going on with RT81 south where the fork is. Closed today before Harrisburg and still in red on Mapquest
Coming down RT 81 tomorrow morning

Last edited by VCODE; 07/08/20 08:12 PM.

Mom & Dad let me buy a brand new 70 Challenger R/T 440 Six-Pack Super Trac Pack when I was 17

(Robert what is a 440 Six-Pack)
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: VCODE] #2794492
07/08/20 08:28 PM
07/08/20 08:28 PM
Not Gabba-NYC, That's For Sure...
D
dinty68RR Offline
super stock
dinty68RR  Offline
super stock
D

Not Gabba-NYC, That's For Sure...

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: dinty68RR] #2794498
07/08/20 08:39 PM
07/08/20 08:39 PM
White Plains, NY
VCODE Offline
top fuel
VCODE  Offline
top fuel

White Plains, NY

Thank you. Hope it opens up soon
Bob

Mom & Dad let me buy a brand new 70 Challenger R/T 440 Six-Pack Super Trac Pack when I was 17

(Robert what is a 440 Six-Pack)
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: rdrnr6970] #2794538
07/08/20 11:54 PM
07/08/20 11:54 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
This is a Serious and I mean serious, dangerous type of virus 13,000 deaths in nj alone!

Yeah....to the really old and really sick, sure.
For the rest of the 97 % of the country, it is just a cold.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Jjs72D] #2794545
07/09/20 01:14 AM
07/09/20 01:14 AM
South San Francisco, Ca
70sixpkrt Offline
master
70sixpkrt  Offline
master

South San Francisco, Ca
[quote] Yeah....to the really old and really sick, sure.
quote]
Wow, you need a reality check.

[img]http://www.imgur.com/hxlGUJt.gif[/img]
4-speed
3:54 Dana
13.01 @107.93 with street tires (not hooking up)
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: 70sixpkrt] #2794597
07/09/20 06:26 AM
07/09/20 06:26 AM
70Challengerse Offline
master
70Challengerse  Offline
master

[quote=70sixpkRT][quote] Yeah....to the really old and really sick, sure.
quote]
Wow, you need a reality check. [/quote
San Francisco, so no more rolleyes on my way to Carlilse... up

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: 70Challengerse] #2794625
07/09/20 09:18 AM
07/09/20 09:18 AM
Hunt Valley, Maryland
1fastrunner Offline
top fuel
1fastrunner  Offline
top fuel

Hunt Valley, Maryland
Does anyone know if Dodge will be attending the show this year?
Thanks,
Jim

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: 1fastrunner] #2794657
07/09/20 10:47 AM
07/09/20 10:47 AM
Yes
S
sixpakdodge Offline
master
sixpakdodge  Offline
master
S

Yes
Originally Posted by 1fastrunner
Does anyone know if Dodge will be attending the show this year?
Thanks,
Jim

I followed one of their trucks into Carlisle this morning on my way to work...so I imagine they'll have some sort of presence.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: sixpakdodge] #2794728
07/09/20 01:57 PM
07/09/20 01:57 PM
Mechanicsburg, PA
L
LemonTwiist Offline
super stock
LemonTwiist  Offline
super stock
L

Mechanicsburg, PA
They will be there along with the Hellcat thrill rides

P.S.Don't forget the kickoff at the convention center

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: LemonTwiist] #2794884
07/09/20 06:42 PM
07/09/20 06:42 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline
rdrnr6970  Offline

NJ
It does effect people of other ages too twocents

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: rdrnr6970] #2794896
07/09/20 07:18 PM
07/09/20 07:18 PM
RI Deep in the rust belt
chargervert Offline
I Live Here
chargervert  Offline
I Live Here

RI Deep in the rust belt
I have gone every year since I first went to the show in 1992. I have vended every year since 1994. This is the first year since then that I have not been at the show! It sucked going to work today, instead of the show. I will be back next year!

70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: 70sixpkrt] #2794984
07/09/20 11:17 PM
07/09/20 11:17 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by 70sixpkRT
[quote] Yeah....to the really old and really sick, sure.
quote]
Wow, you need a reality check.

Explain how I am wrong.
What demographic is the overwhelming majority of the cases? Be fair, don't stray from the published stats. It is the elderly with health problems. Not to say that they are expendable, don't misunderstand me but it isn't even half of one percent of people in their 30s dying from this.
I'll admit that there are many people over 70 that attend these Mopar shows so I can see some credence to caution but my statement stands. If you are under 70 and are otherwise healthy, not only is the risk of catching the virus fairly low, the chance of dying from it are much lower.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: Jjs72D] #2795034
07/10/20 07:57 AM
07/10/20 07:57 AM
RI Deep in the rust belt
chargervert Offline
I Live Here
chargervert  Offline
I Live Here

RI Deep in the rust belt
Well my day would have been a whole lot better if I was at Carlisle! I got up at 4.30 am to go to work to paint jail cells, and while I was driving to work, a rock broke the windshield on my Ram, so much for trying to make a few extra bucks, instead of spending all my money at the show! I hope everyone who goes to the show has a better day than I am having.

70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: chargervert] #2795120
07/10/20 12:20 PM
07/10/20 12:20 PM
Far Northeast.
mymcodebee Offline
master
mymcodebee  Offline
master

Far Northeast.
My buddies from TN are there and stated the corral was a little light.
But that is the area I would have expected to be hit the hardest at the show.

Wish I was there feels very weird being home at this time of year instead of Carlisle.

KIMG0053.jpg
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: mymcodebee] #2795265
07/10/20 07:26 PM
07/10/20 07:26 PM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
Originally Posted by mymcodebee
My buddies from TN are there and stated the corral was a little light.
But that is the area I would have expected to be hit the hardest at the show.

Wish I was there feels very weird being home at this time of year instead of Carlisle.

Had the same feeling yesterday morning driving into work... kept thinking that I would have been on the Ohio Turnpike at that time with a good friend heading to Carlisle to see a bunch more good friends.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW IS A GO!! [Re: vinnyd76] #2795270
07/10/20 07:44 PM
07/10/20 07:44 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Good i only live 60 miles away because the car corral was really light as was the show field and in the vendor area alot of empty spaces. a few vendors that i know said they felt that the crowd was about 50% and the vendors about the same. There were a few of the bigger vendors who had signs at there spot that said not here this year but to call them for your needs! So i covered everything in one day so no need to return tomorrow!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11