05/16/20 10:39 AM
05/16/20 10:39 AM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
I,ve been watching this Red, Yellow, Green deal the governor has going and there isn,t even any talk of going green in the counties that first went yellow. I hate to say this but it looks like it will be a long time till any counties go Green and according to are leaders Green is the only way that any place can have a large number of people even yellow is only allowed 25 people!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2775088
05/16/20 11:11 AM
05/16/20 11:11 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i have only missed two shows since it's inception. the first one, and one a couple of years ago when the water pump went out of my "bus" 50 miles into the trip.
as an old duffer with severe health issues, i believe i will pass this year, even if all the precautions are taken.
i'm not a "hide under the covers till it's gone" kind of guy, but i sure wouldn't want to bring the "cooties" home to my wonderful wife of 40 years.
beer

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2775159
05/16/20 03:14 PM
05/16/20 03:14 PM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by jcc

Would it be feasible and somewhat enforceable to make the show and swap meet aisles "One-Way", with passing allowed?

Good luck making someone who just bought a fender walk 1.5 aisles to get to the exit instead of turn around and go back out the 1/2 aisle the way they came laugh2

I see your point, after walking miles of aisles for days to score a 50? year old rusted fender for a few bucks, walking across an aisle to the next one just to facilitate the flow of pedestrian traffic for the rest of the day for thousands, would be a bridge too far, I forget, this is a mopar get off my lawn crowd. biggrin

Seriously, if wearing a mask is infringing figuratively on one's rights during a pandemic, requiring crowds to walk one direction on an open air aisle is just a potential spark for a riot I suspect.

I have my spaces in row P far back corner by gate 7. Fence on 2 sides of my spaces
You don't know how many people I have had to stop over the years from using my spaces as a toilet

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775511
05/17/20 05:32 PM
05/17/20 05:32 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
That's sad to hear, but a reality we live in.

Would more, better located porta potties by event producer might relieve (pun intended) your situation?

Seems like there maybe a few vacant vendor spots scattered across the site this year, just screaming for a Porta Potty.

I would keep complaining.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775571
05/17/20 08:10 PM
05/17/20 08:10 PM
MICHIGAN
DynoDave Offline
master
DynoDave  Offline
master

MICHIGAN
Originally Posted by Dartforforty
I have my spaces in row P far back corner by gate 7. Fence on 2 sides of my spaces. You don't know how many people I have had to stop over the years from using my spaces as a toilet.

Sad. But it is Row "P" after all. grin

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2775641
05/18/20 08:33 AM
05/18/20 08:33 AM
New Jersey
D
Dartforforty Offline
super stock
Dartforforty  Offline
super stock
D

New Jersey
One year I had a B#@&hy old woman walking her ankle biting dog and she let him crap right in front of my tables on the lawn and she walked away

I yelled at her Hey are you going to clean that up, she gave me a look took out some tissues and picked it up

I would have picked it up and threw it at her if she didn't

I don't complain, I just handle the situation my own way.

Last edited by Dartforforty; 05/18/20 08:34 AM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775710
05/18/20 01:06 PM
05/18/20 01:06 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
I get that but, its hard for the promoter to fix what they don't know about, and I bet you are not alone in your predicament.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Dartforforty] #2775994
05/18/20 10:31 PM
05/18/20 10:31 PM
MICHIGAN
DynoDave Offline
master
DynoDave  Offline
master

MICHIGAN
Originally Posted by Dartforforty
One year I had a B#@&hy old woman walking her ankle biting dog and she let him crap right in front of my tables on the lawn and she walked away

I yelled at her Hey are you going to clean that up, she gave me a look took out some tissues and picked it up

Man, that's terrible! I've only been to Carlisle a couple of times, but never saw anything like this. Is there a "bad side" of the swap meet, like a bad side of town? grin

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: DynoDave] #2777399
05/23/20 04:47 PM
05/23/20 04:47 PM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
My wife was just asking me this morning if I want her to come with me this year, as she has to schedule the Friday off. I have a showfield entry and hotel reservation already. I will probably go depending on if they are allowed to hold the event or not. I mainly go to race Friday nights Mopar race at South Mountain Raceway if thats not held it will be a deciding factor in my attending. I do want to see the display of special Dodge drag trucks, and the AARs and T/As and the 50 years of Dusters as I have had four of them . Its great Cudaboy keeps us informed lets hope for good news !

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2777469
05/23/20 08:22 PM
05/23/20 08:22 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Originally Posted by jcc

Would it be feasible and somewhat enforceable to make the show and swap meet aisles "One-Way", with passing allowed?

And while we are on possibilities, how about some seating spread out among the site, and a little shade might be asking too much? eek

What would be the purpose of traveling one way? Does the virus only go a certain direction in the outdoors so this would cut down any potential spread? That being said I hope the show goes on successful and it's not ruined with regulations..

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: QuickBpBp] #2777495
05/23/20 09:09 PM
05/23/20 09:09 PM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only

Here
Originally Posted by QuickBpBp
Originally Posted by jcc

And while we are on possibilities, how about some seating spread out among the site, and a little shade might be asking too much? eek

What would be the purpose of traveling one way? Does the virus only go a certain direction in the outdoors so this would cut down any potential spread? That being said I hope the show goes on successful and it's not ruined with regulations..

Theoretically - in stores with shopping carts - people wouldn't pass close to each other much and the cart would maintain distance when several people are in an aisle. I think they have pretty much stopped that here now, along with limiting the amount of people in stores.

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: QuickBpBp] #2777615
05/24/20 08:51 AM
05/24/20 08:51 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by jcc

I can't comment on the effectiveness of the true reduction of covid transmission, BUT the big box stores implemented it, and the public seemed to be accepting of it, even it might have been more "theater" then anything else, what else is new, however with a car show, you know what its like wandering thru the swap field aisles, and bouncing from side to side when things catch your eye, when traffic is both ways, you are constantly running into head on other shoppers, then you do the shuck and jive a few things before you figure which side each is going to pass on, not a big deal, but we are both stopped, face to face, for a moment, all that would be done with if everybody was walking the same way. It will not be an issue when many stay home.

Hey I get it, new ideas are always poo poo before being tried, Change sucks for some. Thanks for asking, which I believe was a fair and somewhat sincere question.

edit I'm not astute enough to know if my shuck and jive reference is offensive to some, so if so, my apologies in advance as it was not meant to be.

Last edited by jcc; 05/24/20 08:56 AM.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2778235
05/26/20 02:18 AM
05/26/20 02:18 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

I can't comment on the effectiveness of the true reduction of covid transmission, BUT the big box stores implemented it, and the public seemed to be accepting of it, even it might have been more "theater" then anything else, what else is new, however with a car show, you know what its like wandering thru the swap field aisles, and bouncing from side to side when things catch your eye, when traffic is both ways, you are constantly running into head on other shoppers, then you do the shuck and jive a few things before you figure which side each is going to pass on, not a big deal, but we are both stopped, face to face, for a moment, all that would be done with if everybody was walking the same way. It will not be an issue when many stay home.

Hey I get it, new ideas are always poo poo before being tried, Change sucks for some. Thanks for asking, which I believe was a fair and somewhat sincere question.

edit I'm not astute enough to know if my shuck and jive reference is offensive to some, so if so, my apologies in advance as it was not meant to be.

Every store in this area that implemented 1-way isles, already did away with them.
Didn't even last a week at Giant(grocery store)... signs & arrows are gone at the Home Depot, Walmart & SAMS too.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2778291
05/26/20 10:47 AM
05/26/20 10:47 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

Every store in this area that implemented 1-way isles, already did away with them.
Didn't even last a week at Giant(grocery store)... signs & arrows are gone at the Home Depot, Walmart & SAMS too.

It seemed to me the Big Box store one way COVID concept NEVER made sense from a infection standpoint.Thought it was stupid then and still do, glad they dumped the idea, sad though the "sheep" went blindly along with it and nobody objected.
My idea was to maybe get the "sheep" to think, the car show was "trying" to be proactive in protecting everyone's safety ( and I can see no case it would make it less safe), and maybe sneak in a idea that would surely IMO reduce pedestrian congestion when the show is busy and crowded, and relatively easy to implement in 2020 "safety and all" to get everyone used to the idea and a test run, when crowds might be be reduced because of COVID.
But hey, you can lead horse to water, but..............

Edit, the big box stores have a vested interest in erasing COVID from everyone's memory ASAP, until a second wave possibly arrives, they answer to the almighty dollar.

Last edited by jcc; 05/26/20 10:49 AM.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: jcc] #2780074
05/31/20 01:41 PM
05/31/20 01:41 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
Well with living in Pa. thing's seem to be moving slowly. It looks like under yellow only 25 people or less can meet. Under green only 250 or less can meet and no large gatherings at all so it is about anybodies guess when we will be walking the aisles at Carlisle.Maybe just maybe they can pull of an exception with are fine Governor!!!!

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2781082
06/03/20 02:29 PM
06/03/20 02:29 PM
Chicago Blackhawks
H
hemicar1971 Offline
master
hemicar1971  Offline
master
H

Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like a bunch of us regulars will not be attending this years show. There are some reason but this is what I hear from others. No social distancing can be in effect in a show with isles like this. Two sides of each isle with no passing people, no one will not follow the 6 foot rules anyways. Vending at a spot with people picking up the parts one after another. Do you tell them not to touch them unless you buy them. Show buildings how many people will be let in a one time and do you have to line up six feet apart trying to enter each building. These types of shows are for looking through the swap meet for parts so everyone at the show does this. The Hotel, how well are rooms going to be cleaned after someone else stays there. We had problems with a clean room last year and the year before and had changed to another room every year so I can imagine just how lacks the cleaning will be. Were I live things are shut down or partially shut down till July 1st. The boarder is still shut down and no one knows when it will open. Playing to attend and vend when there are no answers up to a week and a half ahead of the show is not a good thing when you vend. Ah Maybe next year when the 1971s will be 50 years old I will dig one of my E Bodies out of the garage and attend with a Vehicle for the first time instead of vending.

Have fun stay safe.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hemicar1971] #2781107
06/03/20 03:36 PM
06/03/20 03:36 PM
North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline
master
formula_s  Offline
master
F

North Pole,New York
......... The Hotel, how well are rooms going to be cleaned after someone else stays there......

Those indian hotel owners aren't exactly the cleanest , especially at some of the lower price hotels.

Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: formula_s] #2781129
06/03/20 04:47 PM
06/03/20 04:47 PM
Hamburg, Pa.
72 RR DUDE Offline
mopar
72 RR DUDE  Offline
mopar

Hamburg, Pa.
I was talking to a friend of mine who has 4 spots and it doesn,t look like he is going to make the trip. He told me that most of the aftermarket people he deals with don,t have any parts on the shelves because the manufactures were shut down so it became the trickle affect. I think there is going to be alot of empty vender spots. Has anyone heard are they having spring Carlisle which is in about 2 weeks?

Last edited by 72 RR DUDE; 06/03/20 04:50 PM.
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: hemicar1971] #2781150
06/03/20 05:41 PM
06/03/20 05:41 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
How can they proclaim to all that the Show is Officially "ON"... when Wolf still hasn't said any large events can happen. work shruggy

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/carlisle-chrysler-nationals-is-a-go-for-2020/

While it might be "likely"... Without Wolf's "Blessing from the High Tower", how can it be official.
At this point I think a lot of people are more interested on whether or not Carlisle will offer "Refunds" to anyone that doesn't want to go because of Covid.... Especially if they are older(like most of those in the show field) or have underlying conditions, like diabetes, heart or lung issues or suppressed immune system from cancer treatments(either current or past).

Also note Wolf just extended his Covid Emergency Powers today (6/3) for another 90days...

Covid Emergency extended.jpg

1966 383, 4-sp Charger 38yrs
1970 440+6, 4-sp Road Runner 36yrs
1974 360, auto Challenger 25yrs,in Family 41yrs
2003 Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 Cummins HO
2010 5.7L R/T 6sp Challenger - Mopar10
2018 392 Daytona Charger
Re: CHRYSLER CARLISLE SHOW [Re: Runner2go] #2781157
06/03/20 06:06 PM
06/03/20 06:06 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by Runner2go

Also note Wolf just extended his Covid Emergency Powers today (6/3) for another 90days...

I guess he realizes his "political career" is over, might as well go out being "well remembered" for his actions...

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11