CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
https://youtu.be/GVQl2kevY6M

Watch it before it's pulled down.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2771920
05/06/20 08:33 PM
05/06/20 08:33 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2771926
05/06/20 09:13 PM
05/06/20 09:13 PM
Rochester NY
J
Jer Offline
super stock
Jer  Offline
super stock
J

Rochester NY
From Julius Cuomo's own state records -

So, the "Stay Home" quarantine part was wrong all along. Imagine that. Remember, as an upstate New Yorker I can say this with confidence - EVERYTHING "Andy the Insane" Cuomo says is a flat-out fabrication.

NYSAdmits1.jpg
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jer] #2771939
05/06/20 09:53 PM
05/06/20 09:53 PM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
The more interesting stats are when a graph like that is updated to show where the "Deaths" are...

In PA Nursing homes account for only 19% of all Covid cases... but a whopping 68% of the Deaths.
Hence they usually only state the much lower overall "confirmed case stat"...

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2771947
05/06/20 10:36 PM
05/06/20 10:36 PM
Rochester NY
J
Jer Offline
super stock
Jer  Offline
super stock
J

Rochester NY
Originally Posted by Runner2go
The more interesting stats are when a graph like that is updated to show where the "Deaths" are...

In PA Nursing homes account for only 19% of all Covid cases... but a whopping 68% of the Deaths.
Hence they usually only state the much lower overall "confirmed case stat"...

And that makes sense. Most in nursing home (or other skilled-care facilities) generally have underlying or very obvious health issues, whether it be COPD, heart disease, diabetes, immuno deficiencies (underweight, etc) and age. In NY, as well as surrounding states including PA, pretty much ALL deaths are listed as CV19-caused. The heart attack killed the man in Room 123, but NY lists it as a CV19 death. And don't forget, in NY, there have been absolutely NO flu- or pneumonia-related deaths since March 23. As if the flu and pneumonia has expiration or cut-off dates. Who knew?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jer] #2771950
05/06/20 10:48 PM
05/06/20 10:48 PM
Rochester NY
J
Jer Offline
super stock
Jer  Offline
super stock
J

Rochester NY
And while we're at it, let's bring the Great And Wonderful Dr Fauci to the forefront with his latest proclamation:

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, the leading infectious disease expert on President Donald Trump's coronavirus task force, said he was "really confident" that people who recover from the novel coronavirus gain immunity against reinfection." (per Newsweek, The Hill and Business Insider, to be fair to both L and R).

Wait, so masks, staying home, self-quarantine, forcing businesses to close, crashing the economy, putting 33+ million people out of work, government, business and personal bankruptcies, stress, depression and the like were the EXACT wrong things to do? You mean....we should have just continued on in our daily ways, like we did in December and January and February when CV19 WAS an issue.... and treated it like the flu, like our local doctors did.... and stayed home when we were sick with what we thought was the flu....

So......"herd immunity" WAS the correct path all along.....

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jer] #2771951
05/06/20 10:58 PM
05/06/20 10:58 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Jer
And while we're at it, let's bring the Great And Wonderful Dr Fauci to the forefront with his latest proclamation:

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, the leading infectious disease expert on President Donald Trump's coronavirus task force, said he was "really confident" that people who recover from the novel coronavirus gain immunity against reinfection." (per Newsweek, The Hill and Business Insider, to be fair to both L and R).

Wait, so masks, staying home, self-quarantine, forcing businesses to close, crashing the economy, putting 33+ million people out of work, government, business and personal bankruptcies, stress, depression and the like were the EXACT wrong things to do? You mean....we should have just continued on in our daily ways, like we did in December and January and February when CV19 WAS an issue.... and treated it like the flu, like our local doctors did.... and stayed home when we were sick with what we thought was the flu....

No, unless having more deaths was the goal and acceptable. I am not convinced and see no proof we can claim "mission accomplished", yet

But then we could have had an executive order that required all citizens to start a regime of hydroxychloroquine while we are looking back on things when, "what have you got to lose" thinking was in vogue.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jer] #2771960
05/06/20 11:36 PM
05/06/20 11:36 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Originally Posted by Jer

The newsweek article also includes:

"But he (Dr. Fauci) also cautioned that there was not "100 percent" certainty on the matter as a full study had not been carried out.

"Do we know yet if getting corona and surviving corona means that you're now immune to the disease, or is there a chance of reinfection?" Daily Show host Trevor Noah asked.

Dr. Fauci responded: "We don't know that for 100 percent certain cause we haven't done the study to see... whether they've been protected."

Quite a leap for really confident (not 100%) to no action required. Let's let the medical research professionals do what they do, as the country cracks the doors open and see what happens. I certainly do not believe anyone is involved in intentionally ruining the worlds economy, killing off (mainly) older people or people with one, two or more underlying medical conditions, or even unwinding the social distancing that was implemented to slow the spread without a lot of forethought by really smart people. I can't fathom a guess of the wranglings that go on behind closed doors as the world works out of the pandemic.
Also this quote from the US Gov CDC Site:

" The immune response, including duration of immunity, to SARS-CoV-2 infection is not yet understood. Patients with MERS-CoV are unlikely to be re-infected shortly after they recover, but it is not yet known whether similar immune protection will be observed for patients with COVID-19.:"

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jer] #2771962
05/06/20 11:44 PM
05/06/20 11:44 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by Jer

Yes.

Bawss.jpeg
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2771964
05/06/20 11:49 PM
05/06/20 11:49 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
Originally Posted by Jer

Yes.

IMO, the weak of mind are usually the first to tire.

We have become a black or white, yes or no, all or nothing simplistic society, that tires easily when unknowns arise.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2771980
05/07/20 01:43 AM
05/07/20 01:43 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
The "mainstream" press ought to be scrutinized by independently searching out from official publications or records. A problem arises when these publications are edited or inaccurately recorded.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2771993
05/07/20 07:29 AM
05/07/20 07:29 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Even before this pandemic
Nursing Home death rates are shocking:

https://www.geripal.org/2010/08/length-of-stay-in-nursing-homes-at-end.html

53% die within six months
65% die within one year

The Kirkland Washington nursing home where its COVID deaths first got heavy media coverage said that:
“Our normal prior death rate was 7 per month”
on 104 beds.

While your first thought would be that “patients are very sick going into a nursing home”
if you talk to staff who have worked at nursing homes on the 3rd shift
you will become aware that nursing home residents get very poor sleep
because 10% of the patients keep the other 90% from getting restful sleep night after night.

Sleep deprivation speeds the deaths of these defenseless elderly people.

If you took healthy 18 to 22 year olds and mildly sleep deprived them for six months because 20% kept the other 80% from getting good sleep cycles, their health and mental function declines. I have witnessed this in college dorms.

Years ago I thought:
Medicaid pays $84,000 a year keeping the elderly poor in nursing homes for years and years.

I did not realize then that half died in six months and two thirds died in less than a year.

Sleep deprivation at the less than average care facilities that house mostly Medicaid patients
“is a money saving feature”
that saves Billions of $ per year.

The more you learn about it the crueler it is.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2772030
05/07/20 09:50 AM
05/07/20 09:50 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
"Sleep deprivation at the less than average care facilities that house mostly Medicaid patients
“is a money saving feature”
that saves Billions of $ per year."

Your point is not clear and maybe muddled here, care to explain?.

Mainly saves whose money, the nursing home, Medicaid, the surviving children, etc?
It has been well known for years something 90%(?) of lifetime health care is spent in the last two years of one's life ( that will not be the case for me, I have lived a fortunate life, and realize at some point, I need to get out of the way, and no point of throwing gobs of money avoiding the inevitable).
Regarding end of life sleep deprivation, I am not sure what the real problem here is, is Medicaid expected to furnish private rooms, ear plugs are too expensive, people expiring need to learn to be more quiet, light sleepers need to desensitize, underfunded drugs therapy, etc? I will admit, I am of the mindset inducing sleep is mainly mental, I have learned to achieve sleep as needed under the stage during a live rock concert, its really about self control and positive thinking.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2772037
05/07/20 10:04 AM
05/07/20 10:04 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by Runner2go

Remember only the people actually laid off really "need" the $1200....
People who are well off likely do not... Retired people with a pension/SS have not seen any change in income (though many could use it anyway) People on Welfare or disability, likewise have not seen any change in their income... and also get a check.

Those that need it are going to spend it on food... but for the large number of people it's just "Free Money". It was a poorly thought out plan... It should have been tied more closely to the loss of actual income.

Well lets hear your detailed plan, sounds like another payout is in the workings.
Remember, the first point I believe of the first check was 1. speed ( even that was not very impressive) 2. send a message the gov has got your back, so don't panic.
I believe it achieved that.

Had a more detailed qualifying requirement been implicated in first payout, we would likely still be working out who was supposed to line for a check.
This initial check was effectively immune from fraud, and appeared "fair" in handing out, even if somewhat progressive in income, even in its scheduled payout schedule, which is the gold standard IMO. Let the millionaire earners air their grievances in not getting a check
Saying those on SS have no change in income from this COVID event, assumes incorrectly no one on SS earns any wages.
Since this is supposed to be a free country, commenting what others do with their money, really serves little purpose.

Last edited by jcc; 05/07/20 10:06 AM.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2772051
05/07/20 10:39 AM
05/07/20 10:39 AM
Colleyville
3hundred Offline
I Live Here
3hundred  Offline
I Live Here

Colleyville
Originally Posted by jcc
Medicaid, the surviving children, etc?

As I understand Medicaid relative to nursing homes, it's limited to people with NO assets, so nothing for children to reap after death.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jer] #2772128
05/07/20 03:20 PM
05/07/20 03:20 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by Jer
From Julius Cuomo's own state records -

So, the "Stay Home" quarantine part was wrong all along. Imagine that. Remember, as an upstate New Yorker I can say this with confidence - EVERYTHING "Andy the Insane" Cuomo says is a flat-out fabrication.

It's not quite clear to me what your assertion is.

Are you saying that if people hadn't been instructed to stay at home that the numbers of infections wouldn't have been any more?

Or, are you saying that staying at home doesn't protect you from the virus? Like, people caught it from the 5G network or something.

To my logic, the data presented by Cuomo says that despite people staying at home, some of them either didn't practice social distancing and handwashing, or they had family members or roommates bring it in from outside and they either weren't able to self-isolate or didn't know that they should have (i.e. asymptomatic infected people having contact with them). Also, to my logic, if nothing had been done the actual numbers (not just relative percentages) would actually be much higher. I mean, why wouldn't they be?

I'm thinking that, for example, if 4 people shared an apartment with 1 bathroom, then it would be very difficult for an infected person to isolate without having to share common areas with the rest, therefore chance of infection would be high, despite others trying to do the right thing and staying home. But, if these same 4 people shared a large house with 2+ bathrooms, then the infected person would have a better chance of isolating themselves from the rest and not passing on the virus. However if all those people just acted like normal and didn't stay inside or practice social distancing, didn't wash their hands well, etc, then you would have 5 people going out into the world and passing it along to everybody they came in contact with when they were out.

Just wondering what your thought process is on this.

Last edited by ChryCoGuy; 05/07/20 03:30 PM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: ChryCoGuy] #2772133
05/07/20 03:37 PM
05/07/20 03:37 PM
Colleyville
3hundred Offline
I Live Here
3hundred  Offline
I Live Here

Colleyville
Late to the party, per NY Times...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/travel-from-new-york-city-seeded-wave-of-us-outbreaks/ar-BB13J7Yx

The research indicates that a wave of infections swept from New York City through much of the country before the city began setting social distancing limits to stop the growth. That helped to fuel outbreaks in Louisiana, Texas, Arizona and as far away as the West Coast.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2772138
05/07/20 03:51 PM
05/07/20 03:51 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2772139
05/07/20 03:53 PM
05/07/20 03:53 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 360view] #2772140
05/07/20 04:02 PM
05/07/20 04:02 PM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Milder outpatient COVID-19 symptoms

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-outpatient-covid-clues.html

Sample quote

According to the report, COVID-19 typically presents with symptoms suggestive of viral infection, often with low-grade fever, cough and fatigue, and, less commonly, with gastrointestinal trouble. Shortness of breath usually emerges a few days after initial symptoms, becomes most pronounced upon exertion and may involve sharp drops in blood oxygen levels.

Chief among the team's findings:

Fever is not a reliable indicator. If present, it could manifest only with mild elevations in temperature.
COVID-19 may begin with various permutations of cough without fever, sore throat, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, body aches, back pain and fatigue
It can also present with severe body aches and exhaustion.
A reliable early hint is loss of the sense of smell in the first days of disease onset.
In serious COVID-19, shortness of breath is a critical differentiator from other common illnesses.
Almost no one, however, develops shortness of breath, a cardinal sign of the illness, in the first day or two of disease onset.
Shortness of breath can appear four or more days after onset of other symptoms.
The first days after shortness of breath begins are a critical period that requires close and frequent monitoring of patients by telemedicine visits or in-person exams.
The most critical variable to monitor is how the shortness of breath changes over time. Oxygen saturation levels can also be a valuable clue. Blood oxygen levels can drop precipitously with exertion, even in previously healthy people.

End quote

Page 66 of 136 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 135 136