F
fbs63 Offline
top fuel
fbs63  Offline
top fuel
F

NW Indiana
Originally Posted by dvw
I agree that Ti is easier on the valve train. Consider the valve train being stable at the RPM of max power. I don't see any reason that it'll make power at a higher RPM. If the port/cam/intake combo is done at a given RPM, its done. Thoughts?
Doug

I agree with this. Possible the CSA is not large enough and the ports are going supersonic. Are the ports in the spacers angled correctly or straight through?

Re: B1 Intake options? [Re: dvw] #2769270
04/28/20 08:52 PM
04/28/20 08:52 PM
Melbourne , Australia
LA360 Offline
master
LA360  Offline
master

Melbourne , Australia
Getting slightly off topic, has anyone noticed any noticable core shift of the inner core? A friends intake, the inside is off by about 5-6mm, I suggested that maybe we plug and re-drill the intake bolt pattern, so it it's centralised to the inside of the intake.

Alan Jones
Re: B1 Intake options? [Re: dvw] #2769504
04/29/20 02:14 PM
04/29/20 02:14 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Did it fall off significantly after peak power? I would not get to hung up on the NA power numbers honestly. I assume it has a "nitrous" friendly grind on the camshaft. Could just be the exhaust timing event is creating some reversion in the intake running NA. But honestly I am not sure if it has a dedicated nitrous grind in it that I would get to concerned about those NA numbers.

I have experienced this more than once and in fact my Predator I currently run did the same thing on the dyno. In fact reversion was so bad it was pushing out the plenum top on the dyno when we ran it and it peaked really low at 7100rpm, for what it is. We knew the cam was not optimal for sure but were surprised at the issues, still made good power just was very unhappy above peak. A cam change/regrind to a bit more NA friendly piece netted me 37 average HP but only 14 peak at 400 more RPM. I still think the cam is holding my junk back but will address it at the freshen up to something more well suited for my deal.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: B1 Intake options? [Re: Al_Alguire] #2769568
04/29/20 05:09 PM
04/29/20 05:09 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline OP
master
n20mstr  Offline OP
master
N

On the parachute mount
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Did it fall off significantly after peak power? I would not get to hung up on the NA power numbers honestly. I assume it has a "nitrous" friendly grind on the camshaft. Could just be the exhaust timing event is creating some reversion in the intake running NA. But honestly I am not sure if it has a dedicated nitrous grind in it that I would get to concerned about those NA numbers.

I have experienced this more than once and in fact my Predator I currently run did the same thing on the dyno. In fact reversion was so bad it was pushing out the plenum top on the dyno when we ran it and it peaked really low at 7100rpm, for what it is. We knew the cam was not optimal for sure but were surprised at the issues, still made good power just was very unhappy above peak. A cam change/regrind to a bit more NA friendly piece netted me 37 average HP but only 14 peak at 400 more RPM. I still think the cam is holding my junk back but will address it at the freshen up to something more well suited for my deal.

Yes , the cam is VERY nitrous friendly.
My plan right now is to max out the plate, then switch over to a direct port. (the direct port rule was just allowed last year.) THis is why i dont want to get my intake flowed etc, if its going to get cut up etc. But hey thats all technically illegal so.....LOL
Thanks for the info\help Al and everyone else. I know this is not a popular topic on here

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Re: B1 Intake options? [Re: n20mstr] #2769570
04/29/20 05:14 PM
04/29/20 05:14 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I am certainly not a nitrous guru but have seen some Mopar nitrous cams that seem to have some crazy exhaust timing events. My Predator is the third time I have had a mopar on the dyno with a nitrous cam that just kinds fell flat and quickly after peak. Just wonder if that's maybe some of it.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Page 2 of 2 1 2