04/23/20 08:40 PM
04/23/20 08:40 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Some posts here could have come straight out of the mouth of our idiot Lt. governor. "GOP Texas Lieutenant Governor Says We Need to Take Risk to Get Back to Work: 'There Are More Important Things Than Living'"

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2767621
04/23/20 08:52 PM
04/23/20 08:52 PM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
G

in a cattle trailer down by th...
Originally Posted by stumpy
Some posts here could have come straight out of the mouth of our idiot Lt. governor. "GOP Texas Lieutenant Governor Says We Need to Take Risk to Get Back to Work: 'There Are More Important Things Than Living'"

haha

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Guitar Jones] #2767656
04/23/20 10:11 PM
jersey shore
F
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas
flypaper  Offline
I hate Texas
F

jersey shore
When the State arrests mothers in parks & Pastors in parking lots; begins tracking your cell phone & watching you with drones, then releases hundreds of murderers to stalk the streets, it ain’t about your health folks. #Communism

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 70plymA34] #2767657
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
"As a part of mankind, I am grateful for our healthcare workers that have given it 1000% and then some."

iagree

When this is all behind this, and the dust settles, I propose a national monument built in DC, maybe something like the Iwo Jima Memorial, circular with a group of Dr's, nurses EMT's, a ventilator with a patient on a rolling hospital bed on the elevated top, and surrounding the entire statue at the base, lifelike figures of all the "essential" people that helped us get thru this, like grocery store workers, truck drivers, Police, Pharmacists, Covid testers, Military engineers, volunteers, teachers, etc. On the base could be engraved all the names of the medical personnel who gave their life in this "war". My vision is mainly to put those who selflessly risked their own lives to help others, often with limited protection, distinctly above all others. If ANY elected want to share the spotlight of this memorial, forget the whole deal.

I would think a plethora of famous personalities would gladly support this in many ways.

Its the least we can do to show our appreciation.

What say you?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: flypaper] #2767664
04/23/20 10:30 PM
04/23/20 10:30 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Originally Posted by flypaper
When the State arrests mothers in parks & Pastors in parking lots; begins tracking your cell phone & watching you with drones, then releases hundreds of murderers to stalk the streets, it ain’t about your health folks. #Communism

Goes good with all the red hats.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2767667
04/23/20 10:37 PM
04/23/20 10:37 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
The Cuomo apimp and Bozo are off the deep end and can’t be trusted tsk

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: dOc !] #2767675
04/23/20 10:57 PM
04/23/20 10:57 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Online content
ESYC
srt  Online Content
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
I try and cannot imagine the medical cost amassing. Beside labor there is support services, utilities and consumables. Ever take a glance of the price (and source) of some of the touted medicines, an o2 finger monitor? Perhaps the next "hot" worthless cure is being stockpiled by a few in the know, call it insider capitalism. There is milk to be gotten out of this bat fever. Anyone chancing jumping on the market roller coaster?
I cannot believe what we all are seeing. Beware and don't get distracted or memorized and certainly do not buy a house right now,.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2767678
04/23/20 11:01 PM
04/23/20 11:01 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Ironically I mentioned today to my two sons, there might a few good housing deals forthcoming with this down turn.
If the market can gain points on the same day as 4.2 Million jobs are announced lost, on top of a 5? week current total of 25 million, somebody has money, and is planning on making money on this national misfortune, again.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2767702
04/24/20 12:08 AM
04/24/20 12:08 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by stumpy
Think about the fact that these grocery stores, for the most part, took action to keep from spreading this virus quite soon after it was found to be necessary. Disinfecting and keeping the personal protected so they wouldn't be infected. Even then they weren't without issue as you say.

Not in PA they didn't...
It wasn't until the middle of the 1st week of April that most locally finally closed the Salad Bars.
After that, a few put up the plastic checkout barriers... but most cashiers didn't have masks or cloves. Even when the biggest chain in the area "Giant", put 1-way lines on the floor and closed isles when shelves were being stocked... the cashiers still did NOT have masks or gloves. They "touched" every single plastic, tin, glass, cardboard package each customer presented to them. They only started wearing masks & gloves this Monday after everyone in the State was forced to wear one by Wolf.

To date only the local Wies grocery store has reported an employee Covid case... and they were a shelf stocker. Granted the cashiers have been spraying down the conveyor belt for weeks... but with bare hands & no mask. Many are old ladies... you'd think they should have been dropping like flies, but they're still living... and working. whistling

Where I think it will get interesting, is when dentists, pedicures & message parlors reopen.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Guitar Jones] #2767707
04/24/20 12:18 AM
04/24/20 12:18 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Did I say it came from bat fried rice? No I think China released it either accidentally or as an experiment on it's own people. It got out of hand, several Chinese whistleblowers disappear and we're off to the races. The Chinese government knows how bad this is and that is why they tried to cover it up. But to think Soros, Gates, etc. are involved in it is just nuts.

If you want "Control/Power/Influence over another in this day/age, you do it Economically, not Militarily.
West still thinks military, while East was doing financial earlier.
Gold's Rule: He who has the Gold, makes the Rules.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: PhillyRag] #2767711
04/24/20 12:24 AM
04/24/20 12:24 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Originally Posted by PhillyRag
Did I say it came from bat fried rice? No I think China released it either accidentally or as an experiment on it's own people. It got out of hand, several Chinese whistleblowers disappear and we're off to the races. The Chinese government knows how bad this is and that is why they tried to cover it up. But to think Soros, Gates, etc. are involved in it is just nuts.

If you want "Control/Power/Influence over another in this day/age, you do it Economically, not Militarily.

China's New Rule: He who releases the bug.. takes the Gold & Rules survivors. stirthepot
No shots fired...

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: PhillyRag] #2767712
04/24/20 12:33 AM
04/24/20 12:33 AM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington

In my opinion you are reaching unfounded conclusions in the information you are receiving.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2767715
04/24/20 12:36 AM
04/24/20 12:36 AM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Originally Posted by Runner2go

China's New Rule: He who releases the bug.. takes the Gold & Rules survivors. stirthepot
No shots fired...

Dang Runner......if that’s your’s...well done!

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #2767718
04/24/20 12:49 AM
04/24/20 12:49 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

In my opinion you are reaching unfounded conclusions in the information you are receiving.

Just think Trade Imbalance. Who's at the MERCY of whom?.
First trinkets, then consumer goods, then food.
We build up Military, they Manufacturing.
You create true wealth by taking raw material and producing goods for export.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: PhillyRag] #2767722
04/24/20 01:09 AM
04/24/20 01:09 AM
(Central) PA
Runner2go Offline
I Live Here
Runner2go  Offline
I Live Here

(Central) PA
Just think Trade Imbalance. Who's at the MERCY of whom?.
First trinkets, then consumer goods, then food.
We build up Military, they Manufacturing.
You create true wealth by taking raw material and producing goods for export.

When this is all over I hope this country realizes we should NOT be farming out everything.
Making engine parts, sheet metal, toys and cloths is one thing...
But when you let a rival country produce your food, drugs & technology you have already lost.
If nothing else, this pandemic is making that all too painfully clear...
twocents

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: PhillyRag] #2767723
04/24/20 01:14 AM
04/24/20 01:14 AM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
Think about this....The Vietnam War which (technically) lasted for about 20 years (1955-1975), although it was ramped up....starting in early 1965, and ended in 1975.
The accepted total number of U.S. soldier death's from that war, is a little over 58,000 all said and done, although there might be a few more.
As of this week, total death's in this country, due to COVID-19 is rapidly approaching 50,000 DEAD... FELLOW U.S. CITIZENS.... 50 THOUSAND frowwn In less than 3 month's....and the number keep growing everyday...just think about it, and let it sink in.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2767724
04/24/20 01:17 AM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC

When this is all over I hope this country realizes we should NOT be farming out everything.
But when you let a rival country produce your food, drugs & technology you have already lost.
twocents

This is too true.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2767725
Oregon
hooziewhatsit Offline
master
hooziewhatsit  Offline
master

Oregon
twocents

Why do you hate Capitalism? I'm joking... slightly... laugh2

The goal is to make as much money as you can for your shareholders. If you can make more money by building "it" somewhere other than here, you do it, or the board will replace you with someone who will. Your company isn't that greedy? Good luck competing with someone that doesn't mind manufacturing overseas.

But yes, I agree with you. We need to build more stuff here. The question is, how do we do that? Subsidies for companies that stay here (I thought that was a bad word)? If they do build stuff here, chances are they'll be automated and won't employ nearly as many people as we'd hope, though that's an entirely different problem to work on.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #2767726
04/24/20 01:23 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Think about this....The Vietnam War which (technically) lasted for about 20 years (1955-1975), although it was ramped up....starting in early 1965.
The accepted total number of U.S. soldier death's is a little over 58,000 all said and done, although there might be a few more.
As of this week, total death's in this country, due to COVID-19 is rapidly approaching 50,000 DEAD... FELLOW U.S. CITIZENS 50,000 frowwn In less than 3 month's....and the number keep growing everyday...just think about it, and let it sink in.

Not to mention the economic and food supply disaster that is just getting started.

Sounds like someone is at war with us. We're just too dumb to realize it.

We went to war with Japan over 2500 or so killed and a couple of ships sunk at Pearl Harbor.

I'm not advocating sending the B52s over, not until they make a move that they seem to be threatening to take. But we have plenty that we can do in so many other ways to make sure that this can't happen again.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: flypaper] #2767727
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Originally Posted by flypaper

I did and got called a moron for saying it

I won't call you that but you can read between the lines if you wish. biggrin