North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline OP
master
formula_s  Offline OP
master
F

North Pole,New York
Not likely to affect many members here but with Spring and Import postponed what's next?? I see BJ Palm Springs is also moved to the fall.

Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: formula_s] #2759520
04/03/20 03:01 PM
04/03/20 03:01 PM
Carlisle, PA
C
cudaboy340 Offline
super stock
cudaboy340  Offline
super stock
C

Carlisle, PA
Yes, with the uncertainty of everything right now, we felt it best to move Spring Carlisle and the Import & Performance Nationals to later dates, Those shows were originally scheduled for April and May, respectively.

We're in a very tough position, as are all event promoters, because we have to try to predict the future. We can't do that so we are doing our best. We want to keep our guests safe but we also want to make every possible effort to have our shows!

As to what's next? We are looking at each show in the order in which it occurs. Therefore, the rescheduled Spring Carlisle date is being looked at and Ford would be next to keep an eye on. We are certainly HOPEFUL that this doesn't last beyond early June, but again, we can't predict the future. We have to take this literally day by day right now.

People are all over social media saying we need to reschedule Chrysler. What if we do and all of this is cleared up by mid June? Then we just hurt the show for no good reason. NOBODY knows when things will be back to normal. We're doing the best we can.

I haven't stopped working on the Chrysler show since this all went down. I haven't even slowed down! In fact, with the empty office, I've been able to get a lot more work done than usual. I'm still here every day doing what I do.

I'm going to leave work in a bit so I can go home and work on my '70 'Cuda and hopefully have it on the Showfield this year luck

Stay safe and take care of each other. I truly hope to see everyone in July!!

Ed

Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: cudaboy340] #2759652
04/03/20 09:40 PM
04/03/20 09:40 PM
DE
Ply72rr Offline
mopar
Ply72rr  Offline
mopar

DE
"People are all over social media saying we need to reschedule Chrysler. What if we do and all of this is cleared up by mid June? "

Yes, it would be awful if the show was postponed to September or October and wasn't close to 100 degrees.

Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: Ply72rr] #2759774
04/04/20 10:58 AM
04/04/20 10:58 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by Ply72rr
"People are all over social media saying we need to reschedule Chrysler. What if we do and all of this is cleared up by mid June? "

Yes, it would be awful if the show was postponed to September or October and wasn't close to 100 degrees.

up i for one would like that.
beer

Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: Ply72rr] #2759953
04/04/20 02:52 PM
04/04/20 02:52 PM
Central Pa
M
moparjim79 Offline
pro stock
moparjim79  Offline
pro stock
M

Central Pa

I'm sure you'd still find something to complain about if the show did get moved to those date slots. Grow a set, Ed was just trying to remain positive and proactive for the hobby.

Last edited by moparjim79; 04/04/20 02:53 PM.
Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: moparjim79] #2761593
04/08/20 05:13 PM
04/08/20 05:13 PM
DE
Ply72rr Offline
mopar
Ply72rr  Offline
mopar

DE
Originally Posted by moparjim79

I'm sure you'd still find something to complain about if the show did get moved to those date slots. Grow a set, Ed was just trying to remain positive and proactive for the hobby.

Jim

Spit the set out before you choke on them and look up sarcasm. "Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor". Ed was meant no offence but if you're offended that's fine. .

Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: cudaboy340] #2761641
04/08/20 06:29 PM
04/08/20 06:29 PM
The Garden State
LimelightCuda Offline
enthusiast
LimelightCuda  Offline
enthusiast

The Garden State
Originally Posted by cudaboy340

People are all over social media saying we need to reschedule Chrysler. What if we do and all of this is cleared up by mid June? Then we just hurt the show for no good reason. NOBODY knows when things will be back to normal. We're doing the best we can.

Ed

Here’s my opinion on that. Let’s say (hypothetically) you postpone the show until August or September and this thing is still going on then. Now what? You would have to postpone it again. Or worse totally cancel it. Like you said no one knows when things will go back to normal therefore it only makes sense to me that you do not postpone the show until you are in a position where you absolutely have to. So I would say to those people on social media to stop talking like you know what’s going to happen and realize this is a very fluid situation. Also, if in the unfortunate circumstance that the show does get postponed it makes absolutely no difference to me if I find out the show is postponed next week or mid June.

I for one am staying positive that the show will be able to go on as scheduled.

Phil

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe
1970 A66 Challenger Convertible
Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: Ply72rr] #2761719
04/08/20 09:27 PM
04/08/20 09:27 PM
Central Pa
M
moparjim79 Offline
pro stock
moparjim79  Offline
pro stock
M

Central Pa
Originally Posted by moparjim79

Jim

Spit the set out before you choke on them and look up sarcasm. "Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor". Ed was meant no offence but if you're offended that's fine. .

Yeah, nice try. I'm no stranger to sarcasm. I enjoy it. But unfortunately day after day I read posts on here from aging individuals who have nothing better to do than complain about the utmost ridiculous things. Sounds like your butt got a little hurt for a change. And dont worry, the next time you post, I will absolutely regard what you say as sarcasm and meaningless.

Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: moparjim79] #2761737
04/08/20 10:01 PM
04/08/20 10:01 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
If this is still going on in August or September it really doesn't matter because the country will be in a depression and chaos, businesses will be gone, jobs gone, savings gone. People need to get moving soon. I think the beginning of May is about it as far as the patience of people.

Businesses need to decide - we're opening back up, putting our people back to work on this date and too bad if that's a problem. This can't go on forever.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Import Carlisle Postponed!! [Re: CMcAllister] #2761772
04/09/20 12:32 AM
04/09/20 12:32 AM
New State
kidmopar Offline
master
kidmopar  Offline
master

New State
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
If this is still going on in August or September it really doesn't matter because the country will be in a depression and chaos, businesses will be gone, jobs gone, savings gone. People need to get moving soon. I think the beginning of May is about it as far as the patience of people.

Businesses need to decide - we're opening back up, putting our people back to work on this date and too bad if that's a problem. This can't go on forever.

iagree thumbs