03/27/20 07:45 PM
03/27/20 07:45 PM
Virginia
V
vadartlover Offline OP
vadartlover  Offline OP
V

Virginia
I have 70 Roadrunner/Satellite that I am finally reassembling. This was used as a drag racer and in really good shape, but figured there would be some parts missing. So after being painted and installing the rebuilt engine, I am discovering that things are missing. Now I see where the wheelhouses are missing on front. That is just the beginning!!

So, does anyone have a picture or a description of the wheelhouses (one to two pieces, etc) and anything else that is supposed to be inside the front fenders? A picture from a parts guide would really be cool.

Attached is one pic. The others were too large, have to get them tomorrow if need be. This one shows that you can see the front looking from back of tire towards front end.

IMG_0003.JPG
Re: 70 RR Wheelhouse/Inner Fender Question [Re: vadartlover] #2756612
03/27/20 07:59 PM
03/27/20 07:59 PM
A collage of whims
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

A collage of whims
That's normal for 68-69, and I believe 70 also; it's open space.
The bumper brackets bolt to the frame rails, with a small bar as a brace to the fender.
They had a small panel at the top front of the fender that closes off the pocket above the headlamp area.
There's another panel, tall but not very wide, aft of the wheel that closes off the hinge pillar area.
They use a hex-head machine screw with a fairly large washer.
Inner aprons have a small contoured metal cover forward of suspension - specific shape for each side, uses hex-head screws - and a rubber-ish flap aft of the suspension that uses spring clips.

A factory service manual in print form is highly recommended, will help you a LOT.

Re: 70 RR Wheelhouse/Inner Fender Question [Re: topside] #2756669
03/27/20 10:40 PM
03/27/20 10:40 PM
East Aurora (Buffalo) NY
RoadRunner Offline
master
RoadRunner  Offline
master

East Aurora (Buffalo) NY
Originally Posted by topside
That's normal for 68-69, and I believe 70 also; it's open space.
The bumper brackets bolt to the frame rails, with a small bar as a brace to the fender.
They had a small panel at the top front of the fender that closes off the pocket above the headlamp area.
There's another panel, tall but not very wide, aft of the wheel that closes off the hinge pillar area.
They use a hex-head machine screw with a fairly large washer.
Inner aprons have a small contoured metal cover forward of suspension - specific shape for each side, uses hex-head screws - and a rubber-ish flap aft of the suspension that uses spring clips.

A factory service manual in print form is highly recommended, will help you a LOT.

And the one bumper bracket will have a hole that allows a rod to bolt to it. The rod goes from the bumper bracket to the hole in the fender just in front of the wheel in the wheel opening.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1