03/22/20 10:05 PM
03/22/20 10:05 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
I just finished eating Pizza, it was great.

I find it a bit amusing that the US government is alarmed at how "fast" the virus appears to be spreading in the US.
Lets see, very few tests until some doctor ordered tests for people he suspected already had the virus. Then, a few weeks after some of the few tests that were ordered showed positive, mass availability of testing appears and they are alarmed to find many people test positive? What exactly did they expect? With first no testing except people already suspected of having the virus, to easily accessible testing, and they find out many people test positive? No fooling? I have 0 medical experience, but even I expected there were probably a lot of people that had not been tested that already had the virus.
But, let those in charge not take advantage of the sudden increase in the number of positive test results. Just look at all the things they can push through that will put a lot of money into a few peoples pockets at the expense of everyone else. In a few short weeks, they have managed to put everyone in the USA, and in most of the world into the care of the world governments. How we all come out on the end of this disaster will depend on who is in charge, and that thought scares me more then this pandemic.

Don't misunderstand me, my wife and I are taking more precautions then we ever did before, which is probable a good thing to some level. I wonder if we, as a country, have gone from one extreme to the other. What I'm saying is, don't let the "current rapid expansion" of the virus distract your watch for those willing and now able to take advantage of the situation. Can you imagine how expensive the "cure drug" for this pandemic could be, once one is found? Probably the best outcome will be if 3 or 4 research facilities find 3 or 4 different cures at about the same time. Then, maybe they can turn all that research towards something like a cure for cancer. Gene

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: poorboy] #2754790
03/22/20 10:10 PM
03/22/20 10:10 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
"have gone from one extreme to the other"

Almost ironic, isn't it, in only 4 weeks.

Those that study history will do well to remember our history from 1929 till 1933 and all that entailed.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2754797
03/22/20 10:35 PM
03/22/20 10:35 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOrk !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Steve Hilton has a good monologue on his program.... repeated at midnight EST

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: mopars4ever] #2754812
03/22/20 11:09 PM
03/22/20 11:09 PM
Rancho Cordova, CA
Exit1965 Offline
master
Exit1965  Offline
master

Rancho Cordova, CA
Originally Posted by mopars4ever
I really want a pizza.

Costco can help with that.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Exit1965] #2754843
03/23/20 01:07 AM
03/23/20 01:07 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Im suprised we have not heard the words "Martial Law" in the mix with all this.

Although the search engines show it a bit, if they do I think its a sticky deal as doesnt it remove alot of the citizens constitutional rights? If so im not feeling fuzzy inside about that.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: John Brown] #2754860
03/23/20 07:36 AM
03/23/20 07:36 AM
s.e. MI
P
partsforsale Offline
super stock
partsforsale  Offline
super stock
P

s.e. MI
Originally Posted by John Brown
Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
One big problem with touting potential treatments before they are confirmed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...navirus-treatment/ar-BB11xIIQ?li=BBnbcA1

My opinion is not allowed to be verbalized here but, shout rant realcrazy fan help spank puke

Something tells me that my opinion might get me a vay-cay too if it was put into print. whistling

Post away, just make sure the true intent of your comments are thinly veiled.

Last edited by partsforsale; 03/23/20 07:37 AM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2754864
03/23/20 07:50 AM
03/23/20 07:50 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by srt
[quote=Doc Fiberglass]
I am also curious if sweat houses the native indians of the pacific northwest could be effective in ridding people of this virus.

Last week I looked it up on the website for CDC or WHO. Actually had a different question and I don't read the random stuff posted on random websites. One of those sources had posted some data about culturing viruses for lab study and included some info about viability of the samples. The take away for what I needed is that the thing dies at temps above 50c which is about 132f.

I tried asking google about the typical temperature of an Indian sweat lodge but the best I got was "over 100f".

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: ] #2754875
03/23/20 08:23 AM
03/23/20 08:23 AM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
People can really be dumb too..

Guy comes in this morning , says .. everyone is sick at home , suppose I will come down with it to now ..

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: partsforsale] #2754972
03/23/20 11:53 AM
03/23/20 11:53 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by partsforsale
Originally Posted by John Brown
Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
One big problem with touting potential treatments before they are confirmed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...navirus-treatment/ar-BB11xIIQ?li=BBnbcA1

My opinion is not allowed to be verbalized here but, shout rant realcrazy fan help spank puke

Something tells me that my opinion might get me a vay-cay too if it was put into print. whistling

Post away, just make sure the true intent of your comments are thinly veiled.

Not sure if "thin" or "thick" is best in this context. work

A related Op ed, true leadership is seldom anything one can willfully acquire, one is born with it. It also seems to mainly rise to the occasion at hand, in the most tumultuous times. It is also seldom self serving.

Pseudo leadership credit given sometimes is really just the manifest of fear from retribution, humiliation, etc, which usually leads figuratively to self implosion. History has many examples. Leadership requires earned trust, and competence, tone is only a superficial quality..

Great leaders are a blessing, never self declared, and often only scattered over time..

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2754979
03/23/20 12:04 PM
03/23/20 12:04 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Many are posting thinly veiled comments and it just plain sucks, I could easily say its recess vs vacation time and ones watching the news would know who exactly im talking about in our political world.

Most the jack wagons in our gov. right now seem to have there heads up there ars, on both sides, can we please not do it here?

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2754982
03/23/20 12:12 PM
03/23/20 12:12 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Putting one's head anywhere is likely why we are in this current predicament.

The rest of your assumption is very subjective and screams PC as seen thru your eyes, understand others should have the option to disagree, and "sticks and stones may break................." still holds true.

Seems to me, these objections often arise when exerting self control is achieved by others, in that they see sharing a differing thought cannot be done with out clearly resorting to violating "rules", and they get frustrated when others can stay within the lines.

Chances are, anybody on this site that takes a vacation, will return to "RIP" threads of some members here.

This topic is about life and death of people, let me thickly veil this , not s....s, w...s, t.....s, R.........s, D..........s, etc.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2754989
03/23/20 12:29 PM
03/23/20 12:29 PM
Memphis
HemiRick Offline
master
HemiRick  Offline
master

Memphis

Take care,
Rick
68 Coronet R/T 440 & 68 Charger 528 Hemi,and 5 Challengers! 6 cyl, 318, 360, 383, 451
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2754996
03/23/20 12:40 PM
03/23/20 12:40 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
I appreciate these threads as a community we can share thoughts and ideas. We are ever barraged by endless replays of soundbites, images and articles that have no basis in reality save for the desired effect of taking away individuals independent thinking.
I encourage my kids and friends to ferret out the source of information and use their grey matter to develop their own opinions.
Ferreting often leads one to see there are many layers to a subject, much like an onion. The outside may look good, but as we peel away the outer layers what do we find. Sometimes all is good, other times it's distorted or even rotten.
With that look at the reality of where we are today as a people. A people made of many different beliefs, and opinions molded by a lifetime of input beginning at birth. We don't get to pick our parents nor much of what the media blasts at us every day in an attempt to remove our independent thoughts. I generally do not watch much tv and always explore information presented by the media. I like to go to the source not the author. Too often researching an author will expose a bias.
My bias is the truth, I'll always behold integrity, liberty sacred and the constitution high.
Let's try to get along, with hopes most will survive with unencumbered freedom.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2755002
03/23/20 12:53 PM
03/23/20 12:53 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
dOrk !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Has anyone heard how quickly bleach kills this virus?

I have a cocktail of bleach and water in a spray bottle in my car ... probably a 50/50 mix ......not the most pleasant scent but if it works I’m fine with it.

A neighbor has some lavender scented bleach ... I might try that

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: HemiRick] #2755004
03/23/20 12:58 PM
03/23/20 12:58 PM
Oregon
hooziewhatsit Offline
master
hooziewhatsit  Offline
master

Oregon
Originally Posted by HemiRick

That would be awesome... but Hong Kong started out pretty good, but are having another surge now that they've relaxed the social distancing rules.

I'm not optimistic that this thing will go away until we reach herd immunity, and/or a vaccine is released frown

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: ] #2755005
03/23/20 12:59 PM
03/23/20 12:59 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
dOrk !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Originally Posted by RWG75
[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by srt
[quote=Doc Fiberglass]
I am also curious if sweat houses the native indians of the pacific northwest could be effective in ridding people of this virus.

Last week I looked it up on the website for CDC or WHO. Actually had a different question and I don't read the random stuff posted on random websites. One of those sources had posted some data about culturing viruses for lab study and included some info about viability of the samples. The take away for what I needed is that the thing dies at temps above 50c which is about 132f.

I tried asking google about the typical temperature of an Indian sweat lodge but the best I got was "over 100f".

WHERE did that quote of me come from ?

I remember posting about being in the condo hot tub but sweat houses ??

And btw ... the hot tub is around 104 to 106 ... PLUS its heavily chlorinated... so that’s safe I hope.

Is everyone taking a HIGHER DOSE of vitamin C ?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2755031
03/23/20 01:48 PM
03/23/20 01:48 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Carry on with your babble, some people just cant be reasoned with or reached.

My recess/vacation was a reference to one of your fav ladies in gov who just returned. She tried to make it sound as it wasnt just that with some bs phrase vs vacation. DA. as in DA, not Dumb A... so dont take offense.

Originally Posted by jcc
Putting one's head anywhere is likely why we are in this current predicament.

The rest of your assumption is very subjective and screams PC as seen thru your eyes, understand others should have the option to disagree, and "sticks and stones may break................." still holds true.

Seems to me, these objections often arise when exerting self control is achieved by others, in that they see sharing a differing thought cannot be done with out clearly resorting to violating "rules", and they get frustrated when others can stay within the lines.

Chances are, anybody on this site that takes a vacation, will return to "RIP" threads of some members here.

This topic is about life and death of people, let me thickly veil this , not s....s, w...s, t.....s, R.........s, D..........s, etc.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2755036
03/23/20 01:55 PM
03/23/20 01:55 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
New news from china...

Hmm.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian tweeted, "US CDC admitted some #COVID19 patients were misdiagnosed as flu during the 2019 flu season. 34 million infected & 20,000 died. If #COVID19 began last September, & US has been lack of test ability, how many people would have been infected? US should find out when patient zero appeared."

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2755043
03/23/20 02:16 PM
03/23/20 02:16 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Im suprised we have not heard the words "Martial Law" in the mix with all this.

Although the search engines show it a bit, if they do I think its a sticky deal as doesnt it remove alot of the citizens constitutional rights? If so im not feeling fuzzy inside about that.

Oh it's been tossed around here in the Great White North.

It used to be called The War Measures Act. That sounds all scary so they changed it to The Emergency Act. The sheep will stay calmer now.

In any case it has been discussed by the Government but they announced it wasn't necessary AT THIS TIME.

Veiled threat anyone?

Kevin

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2755064
03/23/20 03:13 PM
03/23/20 03:13 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Just wondering.. do you get all your info from tweets... that would be one of the last places I would be looking
but thats just me... have a good day
wave

Page 16 of 136 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 135 136