Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: ruderunner] #2745832
02/23/20 06:26 PM
02/23/20 06:26 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by ruderunner
Ahh, neighborhood busy bodies. About 10 years ago I built my pole barn and outfitted it with lifts, heat electric etc. So I could store and work on my junk. It matches the house and i keep the ugly stuff in a fence in areas behind it.

One neighbor didn't like it and started calling the zoning board, every 2 weeks, with some sort of complaint. The funniest was the claim i was storing explosives in the building. The inspector came in laughing about that one.

I finally ended it by getting a restraining order by pointing out that some of the things she complained about could only be known by trespassing on my property. I got nothing but 1 finger waves for the next 5 years till she moved to Florida.

Respect to you, Sir. I like your spirit.

Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: John_Kunkel] #2745874
02/23/20 08:56 PM
02/23/20 08:56 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
This came about due to the influx of immigrants who have no employable skills other than repairing/salvaging cars. The statute (and others like it) were supported by auto repair and dismantling associations who see the home-based repair/dismantling activities as cutting into their bottom line.

As usual, the ordinary citizen falls victim to the statute.

Wouldn't be any need for this if they enforced illegal immigration laws. FEDERAL laws! WHY are there millions of illegal immigrants in CA? WHY are there ANY sanctuary cities in the US? Who the hell even thought-up "sanctuary" cities in the first place?

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: ] #2745878
02/23/20 09:14 PM
02/23/20 09:14 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by RWG75
"Things not usually found in a residential garage" - that pretty much describes almost everything in my garage.

Perfect - sounds JUST like a government term. Totally open to interpretation by some dweeb city inspector - to their favor of course. And Mr. Potatohead, you know the Europeans settled here because the UK had too many restrictions - life was not freedom there. USA was a free country, with laws & eventually a GREAT constitution as well (although you probably think our constitution is "outdated"), & stupid new laws like the ones discussed in this thread with vague new rules, erodes our freedom every day. You know our forefathers fought & died for these freedoms that made the USA the greatest country in the world. Sounds like you would rather cut & run. You just pi$$ed on their graves.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2745961
02/24/20 01:48 AM
02/24/20 01:48 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
WHY are there millions of illegal immigrants in CA?

With two major ports, three international airports a substantial border with Mexico and two mega-metropolitan areas there are lots of places to blend in.
There are several other States with large populations as well. To deal with illegals in any State, start prosecuting the people that knowingly employ illegals. No. More. Problem.

Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: srt] #2745973
02/24/20 04:20 AM
02/24/20 04:20 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by srt

With two major ports, three international airports a substantial border with Mexico and two mega-metropolitan areas there are lots of places to blend in.
There are several other States with large populations as well. To deal with illegals in any State, start prosecuting the people that knowingly employ illegals. No. More. Problem.

There are those whom believe (or act as if) it's 1900 again. The USA is the Manufacturing/Export Powerhouse of the World; with a Big Demand/Need for Labor & it's the Land of Golden Opportunity. All US citizens live like Rockefellows & is a Utopia for all here. So the rest of the world "Follows the yellow brick road to the land of OZ". Mainly because the prevailing consensus is "Once your IN, you won't be deported"

Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: PhillyRag] #2745992
02/24/20 09:06 AM
02/24/20 09:06 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by PhillyRag
Originally Posted by srt

There are those whom believe (or act as if) it's 1900 again. The USA is the Manufacturing/Export Powerhouse of the World; with a Big Demand/Need for Labor & it's the Land of Golden Opportunity. All US citizens live like Rockefellows & is a Utopia for all here. So the rest of the world "Follows the yellow brick road to the land of OZ". Mainly because the prevailing consensus is "Once your IN, you won't be deported"

Regarding "1900" all over again, "The California Alien Land Law of 1913 (also known as the Webb–Haney Act) prohibited "aliens ineligible for citizenship" from owning agricultural land or possessing long-term leases over it, but permitted leases lasting up to three years.[1] It affected the Chinese, Indian, Japanese, and Korean immigrant farmers in California." Wiki

The Supreme Court ruled it in violation of the 14th amendment in 1952.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: jcc] #2746051
02/24/20 11:43 AM
02/24/20 11:43 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
That may explain the very common postage-stamp strawberry farms that pop up alongside major roads carved out of large ag land tracts.

Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: TJP] #2746309
02/25/20 02:37 AM
02/25/20 02:37 AM
central IL reg Nov 18, 1999
Stroker Offline
top fuel
Stroker  Offline
top fuel

central IL reg Nov 18, 1999
It looks like Sacramento County is a member of ICLEI

Re: Illegal to work on your own car in Sacramento county ? [Re: Stroker] #2746391
02/25/20 12:35 PM
02/25/20 12:35 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Interesting ICLEI is. I see it's from Headquarters is in Germany. The Country is highly developed and included dispersed towns surrounded by farms and wooded areas. Seems like a very clean and efficient country that recycles in many innovative ways. What I did not expect was the numerous small nuclear plants (7 generating 12% of power needs and 40% comes from coal fired plants).
I have no problem with sustainable development or products. It should be the goal rather than a utopian dream. The way we are exploiting resources (including our (world) debt) it's unsustainable. To throw caution to the wind just kicks the can down the road.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4