Wheatfield, NY
Cuda340 Offline
top fuel
Cuda340  Offline
top fuel

Wheatfield, NY
Originally Posted by 440whiteboy
Originally Posted by RP's R/T's
We checked our basement and it was 20. We added a mitigation system and it is now <4.
So, here is some reasonable rationale...
Just because i can't see it or smell it, doesn't mean it is not affecting me or my family. It might all be crapola..but Spending $1000 for a bit of peace of mind is worth it. (i spend far more than that on car parts!)
Also, any house sold in our area has had the former owners test and install a system, so i was going to have to do it sooner or later anyways.

after reading this post I googled my area = moderate possibility
seen kits on line, then came across the Board Of Health Site --- they actually give them out for Free -

so It cant hurt to perform the test right -

would rather know then not

I agree. Our County Health Dept used to give them out as well for free.

Re: Radon levels [Re: Hemi_Joel] #3078277
09/18/22 07:07 AM
09/18/22 07:07 AM
Kentucky
R
RockNRowBoat Offline
RockNRowBoat  Offline
R

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I have no issue with anyone wanting to install a radon mitigation system on their own dime. Or meteor rods to protect their house from meteorites, or anything like that. What I have an issue with is codes that require owners and builders to install these systems with no solid evidence that they are beneficial, adding cost for the owners.

Wow, I'm new to the forum and I quickly discovered this is NOT the place to come for answers to medical or scientific questions. People who don't know anything about the topic being discussed should refrain from speaking on the topic, especially when the topic is something as deadly as radiation.

Just because you can't see, smell, taste or feel radon does not mean it is not present and especially does not mean it is less dangerous than radiation at the same dosage level from a nuclear blast or nuke plant meltdown. Anyone who thinks radon is harmless has every right to ignore it unless your ignorance places others in harm's way, such as family members, guests and anyone who might believe what you think is true.

Our education system has failed many people in this country, apparently. If radiation isn't dangerous, why then does the X-ray technician always run behind the lead lined wall before taking pictures of your insides?

Wow.

I heard that meteor rods are on sale at Lowes and I've got some prime Louisiana lowland property I'll sell cheap and those mosquitoes, harmless, that bull about them causing West Nile, dengue and malaria is just doctors generating more business for their overloaded offices and hospitals. And those bombs Putin is threatening to launch at us, harmless! They're just more of that same BS we hear about radon.

Forget all that bull and hide your children because democrats are coming for them to eat 'em and use them as toppings for pizzas at their pizza parlors and JFK has spent the last 59 years hiding, he ain't dead, he's been waiting for the right time to spring out and lead us all to glory!

That's what's real, not all that crazy science stuff.

Ya got an extra one of them Lucky Strikes?

Re: Radon levels [Re: RockNRowBoat] #3078325
09/18/22 10:14 AM
09/18/22 10:14 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
and your point is ??? biggrin [i couldn't resist !]
welcome to the board ! up
beer

Re: Radon levels [Re: RockNRowBoat] #3078328
09/18/22 10:23 AM
09/18/22 10:23 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by RockNRowBoat
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I have no issue with anyone wanting to install a radon mitigation system on their own dime. Or meteor rods to protect their house from meteorites, or anything like that. What I have an issue with is codes that require owners and builders to install these systems with no solid evidence that they are beneficial, adding cost for the owners.

Wow, I'm new to the forum and I quickly discovered this is NOT the place to come for answers to medical or scientific questions. People who don't know anything about the topic being discussed should refrain from speaking on the topic, especially when the topic is something as deadly as radiation.

Just because you can't see, smell, taste or feel radon does not mean it is not present and especially does not mean it is less dangerous than radiation at the same dosage level from a nuclear blast or nuke plant meltdown. Anyone who thinks radon is harmless has every right to ignore it unless your ignorance places others in harm's way, such as family members, guests and anyone who might believe what you think is true.

Our education system has failed many people in this country, apparently. If radiation isn't dangerous, why then does the X-ray technician always run behind the lead lined wall before taking pictures of your insides?

Wow.

I heard that meteor rods are on sale at Lowes and I've got some prime Louisiana lowland property I'll sell cheap and those mosquitoes, harmless, that bull about them causing West Nile, dengue and malaria is just doctors generating more business for their overloaded offices and hospitals. And those bombs Putin is threatening to launch at us, harmless! They're just more of that same BS we hear about radon.

Forget all that bull and hide your children because democrats are coming for them to eat 'em and use them as toppings for pizzas at their pizza parlors and JFK has spent the last 59 years hiding, he ain't dead, he's been waiting for the right time to spring out and lead us all to glory!

That's what's real, not all that crazy science stuff.

Ya got an extra one of them Lucky Strikes?

Then go away

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3