Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
Originally Posted by csk
Originally Posted by BradH
Originally Posted by csk
I have the 2010,2011 Dodge Challenger Drag Pack seats in my Charger, got them from Jegs.

Hmmmm... work

Anyone got an idea what an OEM E-body bucket seat weighs? Wondering how much difference there might be between a pair of the OEMs and a pair of the ones Mr. CSK posted above, which are about 40#s each.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/posts/54120/

Interesting, especially since mine is a '73, too. I've already done some of the same things to shed a few pounds from the car, but this seat swap wouldn't get as much as I was thinking. Too bad, looks nice.

Re: Important thread........Racing Seats [Re: BradH] #2737449
01/28/20 03:32 PM
01/28/20 03:32 PM
NW Chicago suburban area
Mopar Mitch Offline
pro stock
Mopar Mitch  Offline
pro stock

NW Chicago suburban area
BradH - I've weighed practically everything on my Challenger (originally a 72 318 Rally... converted to a detailed 70 T/A.. for SCCA Solo II autocross competition, ultimately for class E/SP). I've weighed the stock Challenger e-body seats at 45-50 pounds, (50 includes the factory brackets). I've replaced them with a light-weight Corbue GT8 seat.. very comfortable and great lateral support.. weighs ~18 pounds w/o brackets.

I've also replaced the passenger seat with a fixed light weight padded covered drag seat... weighed ~10 pounds.

Many years later, I've replaced both front buckets with high-side bolster reclinable fabric covered seats ... Garage Pro brand (?)... from JC Whitney.... each weighing ~28 pounds w/o brackets... allows easy access to rear seat area. I was able to first sit in these seats at JC Whitney (during an Open House with outside car show)... and the fit and quality was surprisingly very good, especially the high side bolster and low weight. and the price was very reasonable.

You should consider high side bolster -- hip area and lower rib cage area... many seats just don't have the high-enough support that is desired... shop around and actually sit in them.. some are a standard width some are wider ... pending your personal size.

Also, you can decide IF you want seat belt passage ways or not.

As I said in a previous memo, I suggest using the factory floor braces.. and simply add a couple steel plates (~1/8"-1/4" max thickness)... x ~2" wide, to be drilled and mated to the factory floor braces.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!
Page 2 of 2 1 2