n20mstr  Online Content
master
N

On the parachute mount
Originally Posted by 1967dartgt
Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by NoFrills
Well I talked myself out of building one. To many other projects going on. This should be done in a few months.

I have this set up on my car as well. Been thru dragweek and won my class. With the cost of this set up don’t know why you would do it yourself. For what you see in pictures it is $1550. Tory Shellehamer makes them and you can find him on Facebook .

Looks like a great swap from the stock setup.
other than tubular uppers and strut bars to carry the weight of the coil holding the front up, what shock is needed? obviously a coil over type and I guess you can use your own length too
65lbs sounds great too !

I run a Afco da shock with 5 in stroke. I run one designed to fit a factory mopar in stock location. I believe my shock is part number 3850m but can’t remember for sure. If you are really serious I can go n my garage and get it for you.

THANKS, im pretty sure I have those AFCOS, ( I had them on my car for a while) they are threaded also to take a coil over spring and I still have the hardware they came with to put a coil spring....HOWEVER I replaced them with SANTUFFS that so far are working really good for me. When I make this swap im going to have to buy new shocks that's all. This will work great for me as losing 65 lbs will really help a lot to get under the min for Ultra Street. FInally I would be able to move weight around in the car

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Re: A body front steer rack [Re: 1967dartgt] #2735309
01/21/20 03:35 PM
01/21/20 03:35 PM
PA
moparacer Offline
top fuel
moparacer  Offline
top fuel

PA
Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by NoFrills
Well I talked myself out of building one. To many other projects going on. This should be done in a few months.

I have this set up on my car as well. Been thru dragweek and won my class. With the cost of this set up don’t know why you would do it yourself. For what you see in pictures it is $1550. Tory Shellehamer makes them and you can find him on Facebook .

Looks like a great swap from the stock setup.
other than tubular uppers and strut bars to carry the weight of the coil holding the front up, what shock is needed? obviously a coil over type and I guess you can use your own length too
65lbs sounds great too !

I run a Afco da shock with 5 in stroke. I run one designed to fit a factory mopar in stock location. I believe my shock is part number 3850m but can’t remember for sure. If you are really serious I can go n my garage and get it for you.

That is what I have on my car and I talked to Tory last night and he said they will work. His setup moves the shock mount on the LCA closer to the ball joint than the factory location. I am verifying a few things on my car today as far as ride height and setting the engine back and if everything checks out I am going give him the green light tonight to make me one. up

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3