12/04/19 05:26 PM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
I Live Here
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
I Live Here

Kirkland, Washington
Originally Posted by AndyF
Anytime I'm on the freeway in an urban area I'll have people crowding my rear bumper while I'm in the left lane passing someone. If I'm already doing 15 over the speed limit and in the act of passing then I just ignore the moron behind me who wants to do 30 over the limit and pass me. I never see this behavior in the less populated areas of the state. Only in the urban areas.

How often does somebody pass you on the right?

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: AndyF] #2721439
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
master
larrymopar360  Offline
master

Central Florida
Anytime I'm on the freeway in an urban area I'll have people crowding my rear bumper while I'm in the left lane passing someone. If I'm already doing 15 over the speed limit and in the act of passing then I just ignore the moron behind me who wants to do 30 over the limit and pass me. I never see this behavior in the less populated areas of the state. Only in the urban areas.
This is certainly not what I suggest someone do to you. And I was definitely not referring to people passing, but rather those who cruise on and on for miles and miles in the inside lanes oblivious to faster moving vehicles that want to pass slow moving vehicles. People that come up on your tail as you describe are aggressive and dangerous idiots.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: skicker] #2721614
12/05/19 09:27 AM
12/05/19 09:27 AM
Trumussia
J
jcc Offline
No politics
jcc  Offline
No politics
J

Trumussia
Originally Posted by skicker
Just put the idiot on "ignore"... up

Life's just easier that way...at least till one of you quote them... realmad

Seems 3 of the a$$clowns I have on ignore all found their way to this one little post... work

Go figure...coincidence...I think not... shake_head

All tend to lean the aforementioned direction... no

IGNORance is bliss, and still a right, for now. up

"Perfection is the enemy of Excellence" German Engineer
Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: jcc] #2721725
12/05/19 02:28 PM
12/05/19 02:28 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i drive like the old codger i am. biggrin
and i drive a minivan to boot.
beer

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: larrymopar360] #2721753
12/05/19 03:58 PM
12/05/19 03:58 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
This is certainly not what I suggest someone do to you. And I was definitely not referring to people passing, but rather those who cruise on and on for miles and miles in the inside lanes oblivious to faster moving vehicles that want to pass slow moving vehicles. People that come up on your tail as you describe are aggressive and dangerous idiots.

Or, since he's in the passing lane and people want to pass him, he should move over since he's holding up traffic. It's not his concern how fast they're going.

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: wingman] #2721773
12/05/19 04:50 PM
12/05/19 04:50 PM
Val-haul-ass... eventually
B
BradH Offline
I almost got away with it!
BradH  Offline
I almost got away with it!
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
Didn't read the link or any other replies. My ex-wife said I drove like there was always a checkered flag waiving 10 feet in front of my car.

I'm less "free spirited" when there are kids in the car with me. And I have really tried to be more relaxed about other drivers doing stupid sh!t around me.

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #2721799
12/05/19 05:56 PM
12/05/19 05:56 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
Too Many Posts
AndyF  Offline
Too Many Posts
A

Oregon
Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

How often does somebody pass you on the right?

If I'm in the left lane passing someone then there isn't any way for someone to pass on the right. If you're thinking of a freeway with more than two lanes in each direction then sure, I've seen that before. I can be in the left lane passing someone in the middle lane and some idiot will decide to make a kamikaze pass in the truck lane. Sometimes that trick works and sometimes they end up jammed up behind a bunch of traffic and they have to work their way back to the left lane. On the main roads around here I've learned it is best to just get in the left lane and stay there. There is usually a pack of cars moving 10 or 15 over the limit in the left lane so I just pull in with them. Sometimes you'll see younger guys in modified cars trying to swerve around from lane to lane to find openings but that seems almost suicidal to me. If I'm trying to get somewhere in a hurry in an urban area I just join the pack in the left lane.

The rules are different in a rural area. If there isn't anyone around then I just stay in the right lane and cruise. .

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2721802
12/05/19 06:00 PM
12/05/19 06:00 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
Too Many Posts
AndyF  Offline
Too Many Posts
A

Oregon
Originally Posted by Diego (not Ted)

Or, since he's in the passing lane and people want to pass him, he should move over since he's holding up traffic. It's not his concern how fast they're going.

How do you move over when your passing someone? If there is heavy traffic in both lanes I don't move over just because the guy behind me is tail gating. If there are cars in front of me and beside me then screw the moron on my rear bumper. None of us are going anywhere so I don't care what the idiot behind me wants to do.

If I'm all by myself on a freeway then I stay in the right lane and I don't care if some guy wants to drive 90 mph.

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2721807
12/05/19 06:08 PM
12/05/19 06:08 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
master
larrymopar360  Offline
master

Central Florida

As written before me, you can't move over when you're passing cars! And maybe he prefers not to receive a huge ticket and is passing at a speed in which he's less likely to have that happen. Geez, things get so complicated.

Last edited by larrymopar360; 12/05/19 06:10 PM.

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: AndyF] #2721822
12/05/19 07:05 PM
12/05/19 07:05 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC

How do you move over when your passing someone?

If I'm in the passing lane and someone approaches me from behind, I move over when I can.

If there is heavy traffic in both lanes I don't move over just because the guy behind me is tail gating.

A tailgater is a jackass, but I don't do things out of spite--I move over when I can. Forcing someone to pass on the right creates a hazard and possibly may induce more reckless behavior (as evidenced by several jackasses this past holiday who tried to pass on the right without regard for the flow of traffic).

It's in my favor to follow the rules of the road and leave my ego at home.

If there are cars in front of me and beside me then screw the moron on my rear bumper. None of us are going anywhere so I don't care what the idiot behind me wants to do.

If the passing lane is not moving faster, even with traffic, it's because people aren't moving over when they shouldn't be there. And I won't brake-check anyone ever--I will show them my brake lights without slowing down, if that helps give them a clue, though when I was younger I'd amuse myself by simply letting off the gas.

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: jcc] #2721826
12/05/19 07:15 PM
12/05/19 07:15 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
master
larrymopar360  Offline
master

Central Florida
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by skicker
Just put the idiot on "ignore"... up

Life's just easier that way...at least till one of you quote them... realmad

Seems 3 of the a$$clowns I have on ignore all found their way to this one little post... work

Go figure...coincidence...I think not... shake_head

All tend to lean the aforementioned direction... no

IGNORance is bliss, and still a right, for now. up
laugh

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: A12] #2721837
12/05/19 07:45 PM
12/05/19 07:45 PM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
Originally Posted by A12
Does this thread mean it's officially "MOPARTS WINTER"? work

Mike

Yes it is.

I dropped some troll bait and Jcc took it hook line and sinker.

Winter Troll hunting season has begun. boogie

catfight fan panic

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2721842
12/05/19 08:07 PM
12/05/19 08:07 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
[quote=Rhinodart]Any questions? runaway

Yes!

Weren't you in a motorcycle accident? [/quote

I was in two of them in the last 30 years, one was caused by a drunk driver coming at me in my lane and me barely getting out of the way but hit a fence. The other was me pulling a u-turn in downtown Milwaukee with my wife on the back and my foot getting caught under her footpeg and high siding. Neither was an accident...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Rhinodart] #2721847
12/05/19 08:19 PM
12/05/19 08:19 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
They both sound like accidents.

I think anyone killed or maimed in an "accident" is truly an idiot!

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2721860
12/05/19 08:44 PM
12/05/19 08:44 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
Too Many Posts
AndyF  Offline
Too Many Posts
A

Oregon

If the passing lane is not moving faster, even with traffic, it's because people aren't moving over when they shouldn't be there. And I won't brake-check anyone ever--I will show them my brake lights without slowing down, if that helps give them a clue, though when I was younger I'd amuse myself by simply letting off the gas.

Not really true if the traffic is heavy. There are different rules for driving aggressively in heavy traffic vs. out in the sticks. When I'm trying to get across town during rush hour I just get in the left lane and stay there. The right lane is plugged up with trucks and people merging and people exiting the freeway. In that case I don't really care if some guy behind me wants to travel 60 mph when all the traffic is moving at 45. Even if there is an opening to the right I'm not moving over. The openings to the right come and go but on average the left lane moves across town faster.

Out on the open road the rules are different. I stay to right unless I have to pass a slow truck or something like that.

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: AndyF] #2721918
12/06/19 01:28 AM
12/06/19 01:28 AM
Cotati, CA
Dave Hall Offline
top fuel
Dave Hall  Offline
top fuel

Cotati, CA
The rules are the same. Traffic or not. In heavy traffic, coming to a stop in the left lane and putting ones signal on 15 feet before they exit is a pretty common behavior for some reason. The main reason the left lane just doesn't go faster than the right usually in heavy traffic. Passing and shooting over to exit while slamming the brakes is a good freeway fubar tool as well. Too many cars and not enough road is becoming more of a problem in the cities of this country. USA should build a completely new interstate system and leave the existing one to the trucks.

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Dave Hall] #2721922
12/06/19 02:21 AM
12/06/19 02:21 AM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Originally Posted by Dave Hall
The rules are the same. Traffic or not.

beer

Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Diego (not Ted)] #2721944
12/06/19 08:11 AM
12/06/19 08:11 AM
Spudsville
Mr. Potatohead Offline
The member formerly known as..EV2..
Mr. Potatohead  Offline

Spudsville
If im changing lanes, its three clicks before I move out of my lane. Three clicks before im gonna change lanes to pass before I move out of my lane, then three clicks before I cut back over and then two clicks when im back in my established lane. Clicks being the number of times the flasher clicks.

Or also the 300 ft rule. Many times ive been in traffic, paced behind by a trooper and use my 3 clicks, 300 ft rule and never a issue, other just change lanes and they get the blue lights.

I have found weather mad, happy, thick traffic, no traffic If I drive consistently safe and near the book rules although I might be in an accident do to others, but I should never receive a ticket for the way I drive while not in one of these accidents.

I can drive 35 miles to the nearest town of 3k and at time pass 3 cars in the other lane, but in the same trip can pass two troopers laying in the ditch. 3 over meh, 5 over and your getting talked to, 6 over and its ticket time. Its just easy to drive right all the time.

My family is a bunch of Fruits and Vegetables and many cant tell us apart. EAT ME!
Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: Mr. Potatohead] #2721957
12/06/19 08:42 AM
12/06/19 08:42 AM
Trumussia
J
jcc Offline
No politics
jcc  Offline
No politics
J

Trumussia
"70% of the drivers think they are above average drivers"

"Perfection is the enemy of Excellence" German Engineer
Re: How You Drive Reveals A Lot About Your Personality [Re: jcc] #2721963
12/06/19 08:55 AM
12/06/19 08:55 AM
Spudsville
Mr. Potatohead Offline
Mr. Potatohead  Offline

Spudsville
Good morning dick boy, good to see your search engine fingers are working. Im good enough with USAA telling me I AM a good driver and enjoy the $450 off my yearly bill that some do not.

Originally Posted by jcc
"70% of the drivers think they are above average drivers"

Screenshot_2019-12-06 70% of Drivers rate themselves as 'above average' - AA Blog.png.jpg.png
Last edited by Mr. Potatohead; 12/06/19 08:57 AM.

My family is a bunch of Fruits and Vegetables and many cant tell us apart. EAT ME!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Moparts Newest Topics
brake line clip & retainer locations
by buzz440. 01/23/20 12:27 AM
69 Roadrunner Interior Panel Fitment Issue
by BigDaddy440. 01/22/20 10:12 PM
B body heater box
by fastmark. 01/22/20 08:24 PM
Door panel identification help.
by SKR8PN. 01/22/20 07:55 PM
Moparts Recent Posts
Excessive braking calculation?
by Cab_Burge. 01/23/20 12:46 AM
69 Roadrunner Interior Panel Fitment Issue
by sixbbl 69. 01/23/20 12:40 AM
Aluminum 8 3/4 center section P4876445
by Doc Fiberglass. 01/23/20 12:37 AM
What small block Mopar electric water pump to use?
by Cab_Burge. 01/23/20 12:35 AM