Halifax, VA.
M
moparjack44 Offline OP
enthusiast
moparjack44  Offline OP
enthusiast
M

Halifax, VA.
It's a MoPar hot rod, all MoPar running gear. It's a 48 DeSoto. Tail and park lights work, left front and rear signal lights work, right rear signal light work, RF signal light doesn't work. Four ways, all work except RF. Rear brake lights do not work, third brake light works. All bulds are LED. Replaced turn flasher with electronic, four way is LED flasher. Replaced RF signal light bulb. I hot wired brake lights into third brake light wiring, brake lights wok, but not signal lights. Steering column 74 Chevy Nova (because I have 74 Nova front clip).
Summary, no brake lights, no RF signal. HELLP !!!
Jack

K.I.S.S.
Re: Lights-Electrical-UKK [Re: moparjack44] #2711587
10/31/19 11:43 AM
10/31/19 11:43 AM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Disconnect the third brake light and see if everything works?

Re: Lights-Electrical-UKK [Re: moparjack44] #2711592
10/31/19 12:24 PM
10/31/19 12:24 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
Happy Birthday RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track

Lincoln Nebraska
brake light power comes from the white wire off of the brake pedal switch to the TS assy in the column & with the stalk in neutral there should be power out in 2 wires (might be green/brown) which goes out rearward to the RR/LR large filaments in the 1157 bulbs (same filaments used for the turn signals). with your meter & seperate the harness connector & see if you have continuity from the white wire out to the 2 wires then see if the white wire is hot coming from the brake pedal switch when the pedal is depressed & should have power in the pink wire on the input side of the pedal switch all the time. On the RF issue, first confirm the bulb metal shell is for sure grounded

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Lights-Electrical-UKK [Re: stumpy] #2711624
10/31/19 02:03 PM
10/31/19 02:03 PM
Halifax, VA.
M
moparjack44 Offline OP
enthusiast
moparjack44  Offline OP
enthusiast
M

Halifax, VA.
Originally Posted by stumpy
Disconnect the third brake light and see if everything works?

Forgot to mention, I tried that. Did not help. Also, checked all fuses.

Thanks,
Jack

K.I.S.S.
Re: Lights-Electrical-UKK [Re: RapidRobert] #2711628
10/31/19 02:11 PM
10/31/19 02:11 PM
Halifax, VA.
M
moparjack44 Offline OP
enthusiast
moparjack44  Offline OP
enthusiast
M

Halifax, VA.
Originally Posted by RapidRobert
brake light power comes from the white wire off of the brake pedal switch to the TS assy in the column & with the stalk in neutral there should be power out in 2 wires (might be green/brown) which goes out rearward to the RR/LR large filaments in the 1157 bulbs (same filaments used for the turn signals). with your meter & seperate the harness connector & see if you have continuity from the white wire out to the 2 wires then see if the white wire is hot coming from the brake pedal switch when the pedal is depressed & should have power in the pink wire on the input side of the pedal switch all the time. On the RF issue, first confirm the bulb metal shell is for sure grounded

Thanks. Will check the ground on RF TS socket. When I find the issue, I WILL report back.
Also, on your 1st suggestion, if the LF, RR, & LR TS's working, wouldn't that mean that could not be the problem, but could still be the RF TS ground?

Jack

K.I.S.S.
Re: Lights-Electrical-UKK [Re: RapidRobert] #2711651
10/31/19 03:10 PM
10/31/19 03:10 PM
Halifax, VA.
M
moparjack44 Offline OP
enthusiast
moparjack44  Offline OP
enthusiast
M

Halifax, VA.
Originally Posted by RapidRobert

THANK YOU RapidRobert. After a closer check, the RF TS ground wire had come unpluged. Pluged it back in, all my signal lights are working like they should. up
THANK YOU again, now if could get the brake lights to work, I'll be sitting in high cotton. up

K.I.S.S.