ILLINOIS
V
volaredon Offline OP
top fuel
volaredon  Offline OP
top fuel
V

ILLINOIS
Rhino dart, that is very close to what I'd like to have.
Can be 1/2 or 3/4 ton, 2 or 4 wd, definitely want less than 4 doors, 8' bed a must, and prefer green or blue but just about anything but white or red. Absolutely must be a Dodge. Nothing else considered.

I have been scouting CL for clean southern 80s trucks because I can't find what I want in a newer one. Almost bought an 85 D250 out of Texas a few weeks ago but time spent on truck shopping competed with prep time for my son's wedding. And I lost out on it.
My current 96 Dakota 318 club cab 4 wd, is getting tired. I See a clean rust free twin to it on CL in Arkansas at the moment. Tempting for another mileage eater, as I drive 70 miles a day, thinking of buying that and find a clean 80s or early 90s D250 for the non Winter months, don't want to drive anything too nice on the Illinois salt in the winter. And not scratch the surface of the price of a new one.
Would like to stay below 2002 model but I have looked at newer, only because I do live in Illinois and am getting tired of rust. I don't think I will ever be without a truck as long as I am able to drive/ I hate todays sorry excuses for cars they are all too small.

Re: Newer trucks [Re: HotRodDave] #2714385
11/09/19 11:04 PM
11/09/19 11:04 PM
Southern Alberta
Uberpube Online content
mopar
Uberpube  Online Content
mopar

Southern Alberta
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by Uberpube
Originally Posted by volaredon
Why are all newer trucks 4 door with uselessly short beds?
Why are all new trucks stupidly priced?
What happened to reg cab with 8' beds?
Why are the few reg cab trucks I see, all white?

Why are all new trucks all 4wd?

I have a 2006 rwd quad cab long box for a work truck. Its got 525,000 km's on it, and when I looked at replacing it, no dealer could find or allocate a rwd truck, all 4x4.
I like the quad cab, as I keep my high usage tools and fragile tools in the back seat area, The long bed is necessary for the work canopy to carry long ladders and pipe.

What that means is your dealer wanted to sell you one they had on the lot and they did not have any on the lot, too much effort to bring one in from texas or arizona. There are still plenty of 2wds out there though the number is slowly shrininking as everyone watches zombie movies and thinks they will need a 4wd in los angelas when the crap hits the fan. In a northern area like your in you will find that when you go to selling your 2wd it will only bring about 1/3 what a 4wd will bring.

We sat at the computer and went through the entire cross canada dealer pool, Canadian Chrysler dealers can't cross border shop, there would be too much hassle with warranty, and such.

Page 2 of 2 1 2