Ball Ground GA
T
TrueTripleX Offline OP
super stock
TrueTripleX  Offline OP
super stock
T

Ball Ground GA
I can find no reference that this information exists, or has been documented before, but I have a question that is important to me, and hopefully it would help all of us out there, I would like to ask of some of the old time line assembly workers from the Mopar plants, to help me (and hopefully others) have an understanding of the car assembly line process. As the basic raw body of the car began down the assembly line at the plant, from their recollection, on the assembly line, what would be the order of the stations, AND what process would take place at each station as the car progressed down the line? As an example, the first station (on the assembly line) would put the (blank and blank) on the raw body. The next station would put the (blank and blank) on the body, and so on, and so on, until the car left the assembly line. This would give all of us in understanding of the assembly line as to how many stations there were, and what got put on, or happened, at each station. All we can ask for is the best memory of those of you that were there. Can you please help me (us) out, and hopefully we can sort out the details (in the differences of recollection) after we have the basic knowledge? And PLEASE identify the plant where you worked. There may be some differences, but it will DEFINITELY help.

Last edited by TrueTripleX; 09/22/19 09:15 AM.
Re: HOW was car assembled [Re: TrueTripleX] #2699785
09/22/19 10:58 AM
09/22/19 10:58 AM
Ontario, Canada
mccannix Offline
master
mccannix  Offline
master

Ontario, Canada

from an older Moparts thread....

click on the highlighted link "on the Winged Warriors site " for a very thorough story on the Superbird build by Dave Patik

The rest of the thread is informative as well and has some amusing bits from the viewpoint of a couple line worker members here.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread.../building-a-superbird-by-dave-patik.html

Re: HOW was car assembled [Re: mccannix] #2699915
09/22/19 06:14 PM
09/22/19 06:14 PM
S E Michigan
E
ekim Offline
mopar
ekim  Offline
mopar
E

S E Michigan
Wishes on wheels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6L0ykX9lPU

a film from the 50s about a chrysler assembly line. there are a lot of old (and new) assy line videos. maybe not what you want but still cool!