Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline OP
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline OP
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
I Installed another distributor which fits better first thing this morning, I used my 1/2 breaker bar with a 1 1/8 socket to turn the crank shaft bolt to get the reluctor and magnetic pick up aligned before removing the distributor but forgot to remove it before starting the motor up to check and set the timing realcrazy You guess it, that ended up causing a fuel leak(my fuel cell is mounted in front of the motor) between the fuel filter and pump, it wasn't caught until I was on the starting line after the burn out on my fist time trail, strike one work
I had it tow back to the pits and tighten up the fuel filter fittings and went back out for the second time trial, the car spun on the starting line with a 1.346 60 ft. time, it did not set me back in the seat at all, it ran 5.971 at 114.78 MPH not good. I felt something up front come loose and at about 500 Ft. and then felt it hit the floor of car right at the finish line whiney Oil pressure was good and I was able to drive it down the return road to the time slip shack and found out the car was leaking fuel badly up front, the crankshaft bolt that holds the vacuum pump pulley mandrel had came out and fell off the front of the motor tearing up the fuel line form the cell to the pump, strike three, NOT GOOD shock
Luckily no fire and I was able to come home with the car in the trailer needing some parts and work boogie
Thanks be to GOD up bow
Next race I should be faster than ever and win the race, correct whistling grin
I hope all of you have a better time at the races than I have had this past month up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: final update for the years end race, NOT good! [Re: Cab_Burge] #2698049
09/16/19 12:19 PM
09/16/19 12:19 PM
Frostbitefalls MN (Rocky&Bullw...
gregsdart Offline
master
gregsdart  Offline
master

Frostbitefalls MN (Rocky&Bullw...
Cab, I installed two mega fuses at the plus battery terminal. A 50 amp to protect the alternater charge wire, and a 250 amp from positive to the cable going to the starter and all other circuits. I should have done this year's ago. This protects the two biggest wires in case of an accidental ground and in the case of the main 250 it will kill everything if wired correctly with the charge 50 amp fuse on the cable side of the 250 megafuse. This is a big safety deal for me as both my battery and fuel system are all right up front.
If each step in the wiring is protected with a fuse right at the point it starts from a larger 12plus source, no wire can start a fire due to a short to ground between the fuse and that source.
It never dawned on me that this is how all electrical circuits should be protected. Any circuit STARTS with a fuse so the entire circuit is fully protected. Glad I went to the track on the 6th. I got a good education from another racer that sells race wiring parts.

Last edited by gregsdart; 09/16/19 12:29 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky
Page 2 of 2 1 2